A popular perm, or permanent, is a way to turn straight large curls into medium hair into beautiful curls. Looking at the photo of wavy hair, the owner of a straight hair structure often has a desire to make such a hairstyle.
The mechanism is simple, you can perform a wave in the cabin or at home. But in this case, the procedure requires certain knowledge, as well as the exact observance of safety measures.
- Benefits of Perm
- Types of perm
- How to choose a perm
- Features curls large curls on medium hair
- Bobbin size
- Precautionary measures
- Hair preparation for the procedure
- Perm stages
- How long does the effect last
- Hair restoration after perming
- Ways of laying curls of medium length
- Hair Curler Video
Benefits of Perm
Perm wave – large curls on medium hair (the photo gives a visual representation), consists in applying a special composition. The protein contained in the composition enters into a chemical reaction with the main component of the hair shaft – keratin, which softens as a result.
Under the influence of the substance, the hair becomes softer, more elastic, obedient, which makes it easy to change the shape of the hairstyle.
Modern permanent waving is a safe manipulation, but compliance with the rules and precautions is necessary.
The advantages of perm are:
- The ability to create additional volume on thin rare hair.
- For residents living in areas with high humidity and who love curled curls, waving is the best long-term way to create a fashionable hairstyle.
- With a perm, styling can be done less often, the hairstyle is always neat, natural, and the hair is obedient.
- For owners of oily hair type, this is a way to dry them, to regulate lipid balance.
- Curls create a spectacular romantic image, give facial features femininity, elegance, hiding minor flaws.
The disadvantages of chemical manipulation include:
- Stress for hair. Despite the relative safety of the composition, the structure is still susceptible to stress.
- Hair requires more gentle care using special cosmetics.
- For owners of straight hair with regrowth of curls, the transition boundary is clearly marked, which has an unaesthetic appearance.
- When applying a chemical mixture, after staining or lightening the reaction can be unpredictable. Most likely, the color will require correction or full restoration.
- If the owner of the curls decides to change the hairstyle to a smoother one, you will have to resort to ironing. This negatively affects the structure of the rod.
- Owners of dry hair should carefully choose the chemical composition for curling, as the hair can become even more brittle, lifeless and overdried.
- For people living in dry and hot climates, permanent is not the best choice, as this will damage and dehydrate the hair.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
Fashionable bob cut for short hair. Photo, front and rear view.
Types of perm
There are many types of permanent procedures:
- Acidic The composition is made on the basis of thioglycolic or mercaptoacetic acids, which penetrate deeply into the structure. The popularity lies in the durability, the permanent lasts more than 6 months. It is impossible to call it absolutely safe; women with thin dry hair are not recommended to do acid curling.
- Alkaline The activator-fixer in the composition is a mixture of ammonium and glycolic acid. The procedure is effective, but after it the curls can become more brittle, losing their natural shine. The hair shaft can be destroyed, the fragility of the follicles increases.
- Neutral or sparing. It is characterized by applying the least aggressive chemical composition, which acts only on the top layer. All substances that are used to create a permanent, with a low pH. Also included is allantoin, which helps to soften the stratum corneum and accelerate regeneration after a chemical procedure.
- Bio wave. Manipulation is an alternative to the acid composition, the least negative impact on the structure of the rod. The composition uses only two components – a retainer and a reducing agent. To model curls, cysteamine and glycolic acid are used, which are present in the human body. The fixative contains vitamins, marine minerals, oils and amino acids, which have a beneficial effect on hair reconstruction.
- Silk . Manipulation is characterized by the use of ammonia-free drugs and a delicate effect. One of the most delicate methods, since collagen and raffinose are also included in the composition. In the synthesis, protein and reserve carbohydrate contribute to strengthening the core and moisturizing curls.
- Carving. A separate type of light perm, as it is essentially a styling. The composition excludes the presence of acids, enriched with nutrients, carnitines and a vitamin complex. The technique is universal, can be used for any length of hair, but the disadvantage of carving is fragility with frequent use of the method. For styling, a diffuser and special cosmetics are used.
Japanese, or lipid protein. Less traumatic than silk, gives a lasting curl effect. It allows you to get rid of excessive fat content, as the permanent composition containing matrix, betaine and cysteine has a drying effect. The result of the procedure will be large strong curls, the effect is observed 1-1.5 months.
- American Curling is done in a spiral, curls look natural, you can create a small, medium or large curl. As a fixative, a bio-composition or a light chemical permanent is used. A separate subspecies of the American technique is the Afro-wave. Creating such a hairstyle is the most time-consuming process, the hair is distributed into small locks and wound onto a lot of papillots.
How to choose a perm
Chemical perm on small or large curls on medium hair is selected individually. In the photo you can see various options, but this or that type is selected not only on the basis of aesthetics, bu
t also on the individual characteristics of the hair.
- So, for thin weakened, prone to dry hair, it is not recommended to choose methods using aggressive chemical compositions. On the contrary, the fatty dense hair chemical composition is able to dry, and the duration of the effect can be observed up to 6 months or more;
- If a long-term effect is not required, then it is better to give preference to more gentle methods with a bio-composition enriched with useful substances and a lipid-protein complex that do not injure the structure;
- Based on the length, for short hair, stylists recommend choosing a large or medium curl in a spiral, and to create an additional volume – a radical version of the curl. For medium length – large or medium, for long hair – small or large curl. For a light effect on thin, sparse hair, you can create curls from the middle of the strand or at the tips.
Features curls large curls on medium hair
Perm wave – large curls on medium hair (the photo explains clearly) – has several features:
- When choosing this method, you need to consider that a large curl “steals” a length of 0’8 – 2’4 inch;
- Such curls should not be done on rare thin hair, since the desired shape will not hold and can open unaesthetic gaps of the scalp;
- Curling has a less long-lasting effect than small curls, especially if a gentle composition is used;
- This technique is suitable for owners of oily hair of sufficient thickness;
- Large curls on the average length allow you to achieve the most natural effect, giving the image of romance;
- The hairstyle requires additional care and styling, so that the curls look neat, without creating the effect of “dandelion”.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
Fashionable bob haircut for medium hair. Photo, front and rear view.
Whooping cough – special devices in the form of a hollow stick with holes for creating a permanent or bio-curling. They differ in the material of manufacture, length, diameter and shape.
The bobbins can be of several types, each of which allows you to create a special hairstyle:
- Classic. They can be of different sizes to create a large, medium or small curl. The shape may be cylindrical, wavy or expanding towards the edge.
- US . Long sticks to create a tight curl on long and thin hair.
- Japanese Long sticks with a rubber band, suitable for creating a soft natural curl for short or medium length. Most often used for biowaving.
- Wagers . The largest in size. Used to create maximum volume on medium and short hair, or a large curl on long hair.
- Ordinary. Small wooden sticks for a classic perm, allow you to create small curls.
- Spiral. A spiral is applied along the contour of the stick to create an elastic vertical curl. They are also used for African curls.
Since the procedure is characterized by the use of a composition with a chemical base, there are a number of precautions:
- It is not necessary to carry out the procedure for pregnant and lactating women, as the components can be harmful.
- Carefully do permanent for those who have repeatedly dyed or lightened their hair.
- Everyone who is prone to allergies, it is necessary to warn the master in order to avoid a dangerous reaction of the body to the components of the composition.
- After staining, it is necessary to withstand a period of at least 2 weeks before curling.
- Exclude curling when taking hormonal or antibacterial drugs.
- It is necessary to put structure in protective gloves.
- Avoid getting the composition on the mucous membrane. If this happens, rinse immediately with plenty of water.
- An allergic reaction test should be performed before the procedure.
Hair preparation for the procedure
Preparation for the procedure should be carried out in advance, assessing the condition of the hair and choosing a technique.
- Conduct treatment and recovery. For 2-3 weeks, it is necessary to actively use moisturizing and restoring structure products.
- 3-4 weeks before the procedure, do not use shampoos and conditioners containing silicone.
- It is recommended to dye your hair no later than 2 weeks before the permanent.
- Do not lighten or stain with henna, this may interfere with the penetration of the chemical composition.
- It is imperative to conduct a test for the reaction of the skin and hair by applying a little mixture to the strand, as well as to the wrist or elbow.
Immediately before the procedure, you need to thoroughly wash your hair, removing the remnants of styling products.
The procedure is performed in stages:
- Wash your hair and squeeze the moisture thoroughly with a towel.
- Choose the method and method of applying the chemical composition.
- Divide into small strands, twisting each into bobbins.
- Perform saturation of the hair with a chemical composition, put on top of a plastic
cap and cover with a towel.
- Observe the exposure time on the watch.
- After exposure, rinse the preparation off the hair without removing the pertussis.
- Perform the first fixation with the prepared composition, withstand 5-7 minutes.
- Remove the bobbin, perform a second fixation for 5-7 minutes.
- Wash off the fixative, squeeze the moisture thoroughly with a towel.
- Rinse with an acid neutralizer, apply a healing balm to the hair.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
Fashionable hair colors this year. Photos and trends of hairdressing.
How long does the effect last
Perm perm “large curls on medium hair”, photos show beautiful images – an effective way to create volume and strong curls.
Such a perm is held in different ways, depending on the composition chosen and individual characteristics:
- The most lasting effect is observed after the use of acids – 5-7 months;
- Neutral, Japanese, silk or amino acid-based chemistry lasts 2-4 months;
- The effect of Japanese, or lipid-protein or silk wave with proper care lasts from 2 to 6 months.
Depending on the initial length, the duration of the result is as follows:
- on short hair, the permanent effect without changes is the longest, at least 6 months;
- for medium length, the effect is less long, about 4 months, especially if the gentle method without acids is chosen;
- for long, thick and heavy hair, the effect lasts no more than 3 months, the permanent on thin hair can last longer.
Hair restoration after perming
After any of the methods of perm, the hair requires a comprehensive restoration.
The methods are as follows:
- To restore water balance and hydration, masks, oils and balms from the “For heavily damaged hair” series should appear in the set of care products.
- Use a professional series of tools, such as PBX + provitamin B5 of the Italian company Natura House. The composition includes components such as pumpkin oil, royal jelly and honey.
- After washing your hair, apply high-protein balms, sprays and conditioners, regularly performing scalp massages.
- Make medical masks. You can mix castor oil, onion juice and honey, and then rinse your hair with a decoction of chamomile.
- Another effective way to restore is a mixture of 1 yolk, 1 small tablespoons of aloe juice and pepper tincture (you can replace 20 g of ridge). This mask is regularly rubbed into the roots, which will help restore natural shine and elasticity to the hair.
Ways of laying curls of medium length
The average length is universal, there are many ways to beautifully lay curled curls:
- For structured elastic curls. Apply moisturizing foam, structure-forming gel or mousse to wet hair. Dry your hair with a hairdryer with a diffuser. For additional volume it is necessary to dry by lowering the head down or tilting to one side.
- To get soft large curls, wash your hair, apply a little mousse or foam, and then lay it in large locks with a round brush – brushing.
- Wet styling. Apply moisturizing spray to clean, damp hair. With the hair down, dry with a nozzle-diffuser. As a spectacular stroke, arrange several separate strands, fixing them a little with varnish.
After perming, you can give your hair a beautiful volume, and large curls on medium or long hair can make the image more feminine. In the photo you can clearly see the various methods of permanent, as well as stylish styling options.
Hair Curler Video
What is perming hair, procedure description:
Technique for conducting bio and chemical perm of hair: