Hair requires regular and gentle care. Their structure is fragile, and they are prone to dryness and brittleness. An ideal solution to this problem is split ends oil.
- Why hair is split
- How to start treatment
- Classification of oils against split ends
- Split End Base Hair Oils
- Split hair treatment with essential oils
- Industrial finished products
- What oils are suitable for different types of hair
- Curly and porous hair
- Normal hair type
- Thin hair
- Greasy hair
- Dry strands
- Split hair mask recipes
- Peach and almond
- Wheat germ oil
- Rules for applying oils to hair
- Where is it better to buy hair oil from split ends
- The cost of oils
- Useful videos about split hair oils, their effectiveness and rules of use
Why hair is split
The hair is a rod on which the scales are laid on top of each other. They form a kind of protection for the base. The sebum produced by the head glands lubricates them and prevents damage and brittleness.
For some reason, the flakes may delaminate, exposing the shaft. A defenseless hair shaft begins to experience stress (improper care, climatic conditions) and is stratified into several parts. This is called the section of hair.
Reasons why this may happen:
- lack of moisture in the hair;
- lack of vitamins, minerals and nutrients;
- alcoholism, smoking;
- taking potent drugs;
- genetic predisposition;
- the period of gestation and breastfeeding;
- disturbed water balance in the body;
- side effect of a number of diseases;
- scalp diseases;
- hypothermia (the habit of walking in winter without a hat);
- excessive manipulations with the hair (discoloration, curling, styling with a hairdryer, curling and ironing, coloring);
- inadequate hair care (the habit of going to bed with a wet head; lack of properly selected funds);
- exposure to ultraviolet radiation (long exposure to the sun without a headgear);
- exposure to chlorinated water.
How to start treatment
To combat the problem of split ends, an integrated approach is needed, which includes the following measures:
- stick to a healthy diet. Completely exclude fast food, salinity, smoked products with carcinogens. Give preference to fresh products: fish, vegetables, fruits, vegetable oils, nuts;
- drink a large amount of clean drinking water to maintain the body’s water balance – about 0,4 gallon every day;
- cut the ends of the hair at least once every 30-40 days;
- Do not abuse hot styling methods;
- organize proper care with cosmetic compounds: shampoos, balms, masks, oils, sprays;
- do a head massage to improve blood circulation and subsequent production of sebum for natural moisturizing and nourishing hair;
- select delicate means to exclude the possibility of hair injury (combs, massages, gums, hairpins, headbands).
Classification of oils against split ends
Split hair oil is an ideal remedy for moisturizing and nourishing. It is the oil consistency that is able to restore the structure of the hair, filling it with moisture, lubricating the scales and increasing their elasticity. In addition, oil molecules form a protective film, which resists various kinds of aggressive influences.
The vitamins and nutrients contained in it enrich the hair and contribute to the production of your own keratin.
Oils are divided into the following main groups:
- Basic: vegetable (obtained from plants, seeds, fruits or roots) and mineral (manufactured industrially from oil).
- Essential – a natural product of high concentration obtained from plants.
Split End Base Hair Oils
This group is the basis of daily hair treatments. The problem of trimmed ends can be eliminated by applying regularly optimally selected base oil.
The benefits of base oils are:
- the natural composition of plant components, balanced and refined with minerals;
- nice texture;
- moisturizing the tips;
- giving the hair a well-groomed appearance;
- easy combing, silkiness, obedience to hair;
- hypoallergenic composition;
- the possibility of pure use.
Among the most common base oils:
Split hair treatment with essential oils
Essential oils have several advantages, so they are often included in the composition of nourishing and moisturizing masks to solve various hair problems. The anti-inflammatory properties of these substances have a positive effect on the health of the hair.
Saturation with beneficial components stimulates rapid growth. It is known that regular use of oils stops and prevents loss. The use of essential oils has its own characteristics: due to the high concentration, only a few drops should be added to the composition of the base oil or other main component.
The fight against cut ends – an indication for the use of essential oils. Valuable components penetrate the scales, stick them together and retain moisture. The structure of the molecules of these oils is similar to the structure of hormones. Therefore, the decision takes place at a deep level: the hormonal background is leveled, the work of all body systems improves.
Industrial finished products
Split hair oil is often available in the form of a balanced finished product. Almost every cosmetics company produces a special hair line containing the basic units of care from lotions for easy combing to sprays and serums that accelerate growth.
The components of such funds include substances:
- plant extracts (chamomile, calendula, red pepper, hawthorn, St. John’s wort);
- base oils;
- essential oils;
- mud components;
- a nicotinic acid.
Ready-made oils or masks are available together with detailed instructions, which indicate the procedure for use. As a rule, their duration is calculated for a certain time. There are also such compositions that do not require rinsing, which makes them very convenient to use.
What oils are suitable for different types of hair
Each type of hair requires specific care. You must choose the right tool. These or other active components act specifically and specifically, so before choosing an oil, you should correctly determine the type of hair.
Curly and porous hair
Curls and fluffy hair look very beautiful. However, this is the most naughty type of hair that requires some care. The oil that fills the pores will reduce unnecessary volume and make the hair more modern. Any citrus oil (tangerine, grapefruit) can handle this.
Normal hair type
Care for a normal hair type is basic and of the same type. With the regular use of moisturizing masks and oils, monthly trimming of the tips and the absence of excessive hot styling, such hair will not split and exfoliate.
The following varieties are suitable for general maintenance and strengthening:
- sandalwood oil;
- tangerine oil;
- cinnamon oil;
- cedar oil.
Thin hair type needs to be strengthened and additional volume added.
To do this, use pharmacy masks for this type of curls, adding a few drops of the following oils to them:
For hair prone to oily, it is important to regulate the sebaceous glands of the head. Here it is necessary to apply oil both to split ends and to the roots.
- lemon oil;
- lemon balm oil;
- rosehip oil.
Dry hair requires maximum hydration and saturation with vitamins. The structure of just such a kind of hairline is prone to delamination.
To avoid this, apply oils:
- ylang ylang;
- cherry seeds;
Split hair mask recipes
Maintaining the condition of the hair and combating the problem of cut ends requires the use of oil masks. Ready-made formulations can be bought at pharmacies or stores. However, often unwanted substances are added to useful components: preservatives, perfumes, dyes. Therefore, it is advisable to cook the mask yourself at home. Recipes of effective and beneficial results are given below.
Burdock oil has successfully proved itself in restoring exfoliating hair and maintaining their healthy appearance.
To make the composition, you must:
- Take a bag of gelatin and fill it with 0,68 fluid ounce of cold water. Leave at room temperature and let it swell.
- Prepare a water bath.
- Heat gelatin and burdock oil 1 large spoon
- Allow the composition to cool to a temperature that is comfortable for applying.
- Distribute the resulting composition over dry hair, avoiding the root zone. The ends should be processed twice.
- Wrap your head tightly in a film and cover with a blanket and a towel.
- Wash off the mask after 2 hours.
Coconut oil has a moisturizing effect due to the large amount of fatty acids. It also saturates the barrel with valuable components, preventing split ends.
To prepare the mask, you need:
- Heat coconut oil in a water bath.
- Drop 3-4 drops of essential oil (peppermint, ylang-ylang) into it.
- Mix all the ingredients
- Spread the mixture over the head.
- 50-60 minutes keep the composition.
- Wash off the mask twice.
Peach and almond
Peach oil masks add volume and strength to the hair.
To cook the mass, you need to follow the steps:
- Combine 2 large tablespoons of olive and peach oil.
- Add 3-4 to. Tea rose oil.
- Heat everything in a water bath.
- Distribute the composition over the head, grease the ends with a copious layer.
- Wash off after an hour.
Almond oil saturates the tips with fatty acids, glues scales. At the same time stimulates the growth of new hair.
To prepare the mixture you must:
- Combine 2 large tablespoons of almond oil with 2 large tablespoons of honey.
- Mix the ingredients with ground red pepper.
- Distribute the composition over the head, paying attention to the ends.
- Massage the head in a circular motion.
- Wash off the mask after 1 hour.
Flaxseed oil has an antiseptic effect on the scalp, regulating the production of sebum.
To make the mixture you need:
- Mix 2 large tablespoons of olive oil with 2 large tablespoons of linseed.
- Beat 1 egg yolk, combine with a mixture of oils and mix.
- Apply liberally to the tips and roots.
- Leave on for 45-50 minutes, rinse.
Jojoba oil creates an insulating film on the surface of the hair, protecting it from damage and cross-section.
- 1 tablespoon. a spoonful of jojoba oil mixed with 1 small spoonfuls of mustard powder.
- Add warm water ( 1,69 fluid ounce) and mix.
- Apply to hair and leave for 1 hour.
- Wash off with warm water.
This is a versatile oil that performs many functions from moisturizing to protecting hair. It is used as the basis for numerous masks.
Recipe for split ends:
- Beat 2 egg yolks.
- Pour in 1,69 fluid ounce of olive oil.
- Pour 1 large tablespoon of wine vinegar.
- Stir and burn.
- Spread over the head.
- Wash off after 50 minutes.
Castor oil stimulates the production of own keratin inside the hair. It is an essential component in hair formulations.
- Combine almond oil with castor oil in equal proportions.
- Heat in a water bath.
- Distribute by hair.
- Leave on for 35 minutes. and rinse off.
Argan oil strengthens and restores the natural strength of the hair. Saturates with moisture and fatty acids from roots to tips.
To obtain the mixture you need:
- Combine argan, castor, burdock oil in equal shares.
- Heat the mixture in a water bath.
- Rub into the head with massage movements.
- Wash off after 45 minutes.
Wheat germ oil
Wheat germ oil has beneficial effects on hair growth. Enriches them with useful microelements. It is used to avoid delamination of the hair shaft.
To prepare the composition, you must:
- 1 small tablespoons of red pepper (powder) combine with 3 large tablespoons of wheat germ oil.
- Pour in 1 egg yolk.
- Distribute the composition over the head.
- Leave for 1 hour and rinse with warm water.
Rules for applying oils to hair
Split hair oil must be applied following certain rules:
- choose only the oil that is suitable for the type of hair;
- make masks from oils before washing your hair;
- apply funds to dry locks;
- Before starting the procedure, comb the curls well;
- when applying funds to make massage movements on the scalp;
- use a little oil: excess will not be absorbed and make curls heavier;
- apply oil regularly ( 1 – 2 time. per week);
- wash off the oil with a shampoo;
- a hot towel or blan
ket on top of the mask will enhance the effect;
- ideally, apply a scrub for the scalp after the procedure.
Where is it better to buy hair oil from split ends
Oil can be purchased in many different places. Split hair products occupy a specific segment in cosmetic stores. A wide range of ready-made masks and oils in beauty salons is widely represented. Masters and hairdressers can advise on the type of hair and help with the choice.
National fairs and exhibitions held in almost every city offer various products (oils, tonics, shampoos) that are distinguished by their natural plant content and hypoallergenicity. You can also purchase in large supermarket chains. Common oils such as olive, linseed, sesame are used in cooking.
When purchasing a hair product, you should look at the expiration date and take into account the consistency. An expired product may have the opposite effect or cause allergic reactions.
The cost of oils
The cost of various oils will depend on the country of manufacture, packaging and amount of the product.
The average prices for USA are shown in the table:
|Oil name||Average price per 13,53 fluid ounce, usd.|
|Wheat germ oil||1200|
To combat split ends, oil is ideal. It will not only improve the aesthetics of the hair, but also fill it with vitality and health.
Useful videos about split hair oils, their effectiveness and rules of use
Mask of oils for split ends at home:
Flaxseed oil for split ends: