Laser resurfacing is one of the modern cosmetic methods for rejuvenating the skin of the face, getting rid of scars, scars, pigmentation. The reviews of cosmetologists and patients indicate the effectiveness of the method, but before deciding on a procedure, you need to familiarize yourself with the methods, contraindications and features.
What is face resurfacing
The action of laser resurfacing is primarily aimed at removing a layer of dead epidermal cells. Depending on the type of grinding, the device acts on the deep and surface layers of the dermal layer, which contributes to the regeneration of new tissues.
During the evaporation of dead cells, the process of division of healthy cells is activated, and the zones treated by the laser are replaced and restored. Thanks to cosmetic laser manipulation, the processes of cell synthesis and renewal with the regeneration of the collagen layer of the epidermis are enhanced.
There is an increase in blood flow, as a result, there is a narrowing of the pores, smoothing turgor, smoothing wrinkles.
The face skin after a cosmetic session takes on a healthy, toned look, the contours become clearer, and large defects are significantly reduced in size. The procedure does not harm the patient, is carried out in salon conditions by a qualified cosmetologist in compliance with the technology and the use of professional equipment.
Indications for grinding
Laser resurfacing of the face (reviews of doctors and patients confirm the effectiveness of the procedure) is an effective technique, but subject to indications for its implementation.
The technique does not have age restrictions; indications for conducting are:
- age-related changes (facial wrinkles and deep wrinkles);
- signs of gravitational ptosis (sagging);
- the presence of scars, enlarged pores, scars, traces of acne;
- progressive photoaging (hyperkeratosis, unhealthy complexion);
- sagging, loss of turgor;
- dark circles of poses with eyes;
- hyperpigmentation, freckles.
Beauticians often include laser resurfacing in preventative programs aimed at combating the early signs of aging.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
Face fitness for lifting the face contour, rejuvenation, muscle tone. Master class from Elena Karkukli
Despite the safety of the technique, there are a number of contraindications:
- Signs of scleroderma (inflammation of small vessels in the body).
- Pigmentation disorder (vitiligo).
- The presence of a neoplasm in the treatment zones.
- Diabetes mellitus in the decompensation stage.
- Various infections, inflammatory skin processes.
- Chronic diseases in the acute stage.
- Blood diseases, coagulation disorder.
- Skin tendency to keloid scarring.
The session is not recommended during menstruation, accompanied by increased sensitivity, as well as people with dark skin color, where there is a risk of hyperpigmentation. If there is a pacemaker, the patient must first consult a doctor.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
Facial massage according to the Japanese doctor Asahi Zogan.
Diamond grinding, or diamond peeling, is one of the methods of microdermabrasion. The bottom line is to exfoliate the surface layer of the dermis with special diamond-coated tips.
Finely dispersed abrasive cleanses the skin of the upper stratum corneum of the epidermis, removing keratinocytes, dead cells, but without injuring the skin. Tips with diamond spraying can be of different diameters and roughness, which allows the master to adjust the degree of intensity of exposure. The technique can be used at any age and for all skin types.
The process takes place in stages:
- Cleansing from cosmetics and contaminants, treatment with an antiseptic and anesthetic.
- Application to areas of special cosmetics to soften the skin.
- Zone processing with diamond spray nozzles.
- Application of a revitalizing mask to enhance the grinding effect.
- Apply a nourishing or moisturizing cream by skin type.
The number of sessions is developed individually, taking into account the depth of the cosmetic problem and the degree of age-related changes. The cost of diamond dermabrasion depends on the location and status of the salon, the skills of the master, equipment and cosmetics used for care. In the capital’s salons, the price varies from $ 27 – $ 68. in one session.
Mechanical deep peeling allows fragmented processing of the upper layer of the epidermis without affecting the deeper layers of the dermis. The technique helps to accelerate the regeneration processes in tissues and cell renewal.
Using mechanical resurfacing, you can restore skin smoothness and a healthy color, eliminate fine wrinkles, remove pigmentation, smooth out scars, striae of various etiologies. The method can also be used to remove tattoos and tattoos.
The procedure is done in hardware using special nozzles – milling cutters. The thickness of the areas of the cover that must be removed is controlled by the doctor so as not to touch the deeper layer and eliminate damage to the treated area.
To minimize negative side effects, it is recommended to carry out a course of procedures in the autumn-winter period, when the skin is not exposed to sunlight. Since the method is quite painful and traumatic, anesthetics of internal action are used before the session.
Stages of carrying out:
- Skin cleansing, preliminary marking with a marker of the treatment area.
- Anesthesia, tightening of the skin with the help of containers with ice crumb.
- Sanding with milling cutters.
- Processing of polished areas with cryo-spray.
- Cleansing with a brush of the upper layer of the dermis.
If bleeding occurs, a special dressing is applied. It is very important to follow the doctor’s recommendations during the rehabilitation period. The skin is daily treated with a solution of manganese or 40% alcohol. When a crust forms on the skin, it needs to be softened, after which, for about 7 days, the doctor removes it. The cost of mechanical dermabrasion varies from $ 27 – $ 95.
Laser resurfacing of the face (patient revi
ews are described in more detail) is performed using medical lasers. Beauticians use an erbium and carbon dioxide CO2 laser.
Erbium laser is more gentle to tissues, carbon dioxide has a deeper and more aggressive effect. The effect is achieved due to photothermolysis: a laser beam acts on the epidermis by heat radiation, evaporating the surface layers.
In addition to leveling the relief and eliminating various defects, the laser action activates the internal processes responsible for the production of collagen and elastin. The result is a persistent effect of toning and rejuvenation. The procedure can be performed in any areas – in the frontal zone, in the upper and lower eyelids, on the cheeks, nasolabial.
Grinding is carried out using local anesthesia in the form of a gel or intravenously to reduce the sensitivity of the zones. The recovery period after the session lasts from 1 to 2 weeks. After cleansing the skin, marking the areas, processing with a marker and anesthesia, the cosmetologist proceeds to a laser resurfacing session.
The algorithm is as follows:
- The first pass with a laser to clean the surface layer of the epidermis.
- Passage through sections in 3 stages, as a result of which layer by layer evaporates.
- Before each laser treatment, the beautician applies an anesthetic gel.
- The skin is processed until a white tint appears on its surface. This means that the intraepidermal level of the dermis has been reached.
- Apply a healing ointment.
In some cases, the patient may require inpatient care. The skin after a microdermabrasion session needs protection from the sun with a cream with a factor of SPF 50, applying moisturizing, wound healing agents. The cost of one session in the capital’s cosmetology clinics – from $ 109., In other – from $ 82.
Types of Laser Procedures
Laser radiation has a dual effect on the skin: on the one hand, it destroys dead cells, and on the other, it stimulates the restoration of the cellular structure of the dermis. There are several types of procedures to rejuvenate and eliminate skin defects. Each of the methods has individual indications and technology.
Types of laser procedures:
- Laser peeling. One of the properties of the laser is skin cleansing, which is the task of laser peeling procedures. Distinguish between hot and cold laser peeling. In the first case, the upper layer of the epidermis is eliminated, and the lower layers are heated, which affects the intensity of the recovery subcutaneous processes. Cold laser peeling is more gentle, the radiation does not penetrate into the deeper layers of the dermis, it acts only in the upper layer. Using laser peeling, you can solve such cosmetic problems as intensive production of sebum, enlarged pores, a tendency to form comedones, and eliminate traces of post-acne. Indications for laser peeling are the presence of mild wrinkles, a primary loss of elasticity, dryness, microrelief and uneven facial tone. The technique is recommended to be applied when the first age-related changes occur (30-35 years old).
- Laser resurfacing. The main difference between laser polishing and peeling is the depth of the beam – 100-150 microns. As a result, partial destruction of the dermal cells and basement membranes occurs. The pronounced effect of rejuvenation is achieved by replacing the weakened elastin-collagen frame with an updated, more holistic one. The result is comparable to a surgical lift. Indications for laser resurfacing are the presence of gravitational ptosis, sagging, deep and loose grooves, coarsening of the skin relief, the presence of severe scars and scars. The age at which it is recommended to resort to face resurfacing is 40-50 years, when signs of aging are clearly visible.
- Fractional resurfacing is a subspecies of laser correction in which a spot beam is exposed to the skin. Areas adjacent to the treatment area are not affected, the risk of negative manifestations is minimized. The technique can be applied at any age. Indications are the presence of point defects, single scars, scars, small age spots and freckles.
Results and effect duration
Laser resurfacing of the face (reviews of cosmetologists indicate the effectiveness of the procedure) can include from 3 to 5 sessions. The duration of each procedure depends on the processing area. The course is prescribed by a cosmetologist after evaluating skin problems and collecting an anamnesis. Each subsequent procedure can be carried out no earlier than 3-4 months later. A visible result is observed after 7-10 days.
The positive effect is as follows:
- visible rejuvenation of the face;
- the elimination of facial and age wrinkles;
- improvement of the general condition of the skin (pore narrowing, color alignment, elasticity);
- destruction of age spots;
- smoothing the relief, eliminating scars, scars;
- increase tone and elasticity.
The effect after laser resurfacing for the purpose of rejuvenation is cumulative in nature, therefore, it can persist for several years. With the correct laser removal of scars and scars, the result will remain forever.
Skin Care After Sanding
Laser resurfacing of the face is carried out in the cabin, reviews on the technique are mostly positive.
To achieve a lasting effect and avoid negative consequences, it is necessary to observe a number of rules for skin care after polishing:
- Protect the treated surface from any mechanical effects, contaminants, skin irritating chemicals.
- During the first month after the procedure, protect the skin from UV rays, exclude being in the open sun, visiting a sauna, baths.
- Within 7-10 days, a course of antibacterial drugs is prescribed.
- It is necessary to provide hydration with cooling serums, ampoule concentrates with a revitalizing effect.
- After moisturizing procedures, apply gauze compresses with ch
- Treat dry areas with sterile wipes moistened with a softening solution. Do not tear off the resulting crust.
- Within 1 week, it is recommended to wash yourself with a spray bottle, irrigating your face and not touching it with your hands.
- Starting from the second week, it is recommended to apply a cream on the skin with a protection factor of at least SPF 50.
Grinding the face at home
Laser resurfacing of the face (reviews report both cons and pros) is a salon procedure. But even at home, you can perform grinding to rejuvenate and smooth the skin relief. As a rule, the method of mechanical and chemical peeling using special cosmetics is used to carry out similar home procedures.
The composition of the preparations includes components that contribute to the exfoliation of epidermal cells.
This can be professional tools or self-prepared formulations in compliance with a specific recipe.
The basis of this composition can be any abrasive substances, exfoliants, as well as acids that contribute to deep cleansing, but without affecting the deep internal tissues. When conducting home sessions, the main task is to prevent unnecessary injury, choose a prescription taking into account the characteristics of the skin type and provide comprehensive care.
A chemical peeling session will help get rid of the stratum corneum, activate the processes of regeneration, synthesis and metabolism, increase oxygen access to the skin. The procedure helps to get rid of wrinkles, acne, traces of post-acne, lighten and eliminate hyperpigmentation.
Peeling is a prevention of early aging, helps prepare the skin for deeper penetration and the effects of caring cosmetics – serums, creams and masks.
Some effective home-made chemical peeling recipes:
- Salicylic. Dilute 1 tablet of salicylic acid in water to a pulp consistency, add a few drops of honey or aloe juice. Apply the composition to the skin without affecting the areas around the eyes and lips, leave for 5-7 minutes, then rinse with water. At the end of the procedure, you can apply a compress with a decoction of chamomile or green tea.
- Lactic. Mix in equal proportions natural milk yogurt, cane sugar and lemon juice. Apply for 10 minutes. on scrubbed skin, rinse with water.
- Exfoliant on the basis of a bodyworm. Mix bodyagi powder and 3% hydrogen peroxide in a 1: 1 ratio. When the mixture foams, apply to the skin without rubbing. Leave the composition for a third of an hour, then carry out a light peeling, leave again for 7-8 minutes. until tingling slightly, then rinse.
- With beta hydroxy acids. Crush 1 tablet of aspirin, mix with lemon juice until a paste. To neutralize, prepare a soda solution based on water. Apply acid paste for 10 minutes, and then wipe your face with a cotton pad with a neutralizer.
- Fruit. Prepare pineapple and strawberry fruit puree, add 1 teaspoons. gelatin diluted in water and 1 teaspoons honey. Apply the mixture to the skin for a quarter of an hour, then rinse and apply a moisturizer.
To conduct mechanical grinding at home, the composition can be prepared independently. The main ingredient is an abrasive substance, with the help of which the process of exfoliating dead cells from the skin surface occurs.
As an abrasive, you can use any crushed cereals, legumes, seeds, natural coffee, sugar, dried seaweed, dried zest of lemon and orange. The most gentle home polishing procedures are scraping and gommage. During the throwing, the skin is cleaned with brushes, gommage is a type of scrub.
Some effective recipes for mechanical peeling:
- With sugar. Soap the face with baby soap until foam, take 1 teaspoons. sugar and spread the abrasive over the skin, massaging for 2 min. light movements. The recipe is not recommended for dry skin type.
- With decoy for dry skin. Combine semolina and oatmeal in a 2: 1 ratio, add a little orange zest. Apply gommage on cleansed and steamed skin for 10 minutes. After the composition has dried out a little, massage until lumps form, then rinse.
- With dry cream for oily skin. Mix 1 part rice flour and cream powder, add 2 parts coarse barley flour, dilute with aloe juice. Apply the composition for 10 minutes, then massage and rinse.
- Brossage. Apply skin cleanser, using special brushes of their natural material to conduct a thorough peeling massage. All movements are performed along the massage lines, the duration of the throwing is 7-10 minutes.
Laser resurfacing in the salon or at home is an anti-aging treatment.
The reviews of cosmetologists and patients testify to the effectiveness of the method, which contributes to the elimination of defects, leveling of the relief and activation of regeneration processes.
Posted by: olyabela
Video about laser resurfacing
Laser resurfacing of the face: