Nail extension with polygel is a difficult process, which requires skill, accuracy, and care from the master. But if you want to organize it, you can even at home. This will help detailed step-by-step instructions from professionals.
The material under discussion is a hybrid of gel and acrylic. Initially, manicure masters had to mix them manually, carefully selecting the proportions. But now such a tool can be bought ready-made, which greatly facilitates the work.
When preparing the polygel, a high-quality constructing gel is mixed with a minimum amount of acrylic powder. It turns out a consistency reminiscent of plasticine.
The main features of the material (in descending order of importance):
- The process of nail extension takes place without a pungent odor (unlike pure acrylic), and the plates after processing with a lamp become very dense and do not break (unlike a usual gel). The material does not cause allergies and is suitable even for people suffering from asthma.
- The polygel is easily leveled, and the remnants of the product are immediately removed and can be used further. As a result, the time spent on the entire building process is significantly reduced.
- Initially, the material was intended exclusively for working with upper forms. But today it is also successfully used to build up the lower ones. Interestingly, the remedy is laid out almost in the same way as acrylic. Only it does not harden instantly, but retains its plasticity before processing in a lamp. The main thing is to qualitatively prepare the nails.
- With proper work with the material, various errors are completely eliminated. For example, detachments and “pockets” filled with air. These problems are characteristic of acrylic.
- In filing, the material is harder than gel, but softer than acryl.
- Polygel does not lag behind nails in the free edge.
Without polygel, it was difficult for the masters to work with the upper forms. When an ordinary gel was placed on them and transferred to a lamp, it began to leak strongly. And then he could form ugly tubercles in the cuticle area that needed to be cut, which severely injured delicate skin. With a new tool, such problems do not arise.
Nail poligel incrementally requires the selection of high-quality material. Today, the market presents many of its options.
Among all the diversity, two main types of material can be distinguished:
- gel / jelly structure products.
The first option (acrylate) in its properties most closely resembles an acrylic mass. To obtain it, mix the powder and monomer. In such compositions, you can even notice minimal particles of acrylic. The material has a pasty structure – thick and dense. To distribute it over the nails, the mass must be pressed with some effort to the plate.
Acrylic technology is most common in America and Europe. Local craftsmen prefer to work with such compositions. Domestic craftsmen often order them directly from the USA or Germany. The second option with the texture of a thick gel (souffle, jelly) looks different. In the mass you will not find noticeable particles of acrylic.
The main advantage of such tools is the ability of most of them to level themselves on the nail plates.
Irregularities in the material are easily eliminated during modeling, while it does not spread along the edges. Such compositions are most often produced in Korea and China. They are especially loved by manicure masters from USA. Also on sale are polygels from different manufacturers. Each master decides which one to choose on his own, taking into account his own preferences in working with nails.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
Laser hair removal on the face and body – how it is performed, effectiveness, photos before and after, contraindications.
Application Master Class
Polygel nail extension step by step is a process that may not be immediately understood by beginners. A detailed master class will help to understand all the subtleties. To work with the polygel, you always need to stock up on a special degreaser. Sometimes ordinary alcohol is taken instead. This is necessary so that the material is not sticky to the brush and does not hamper the process of laying out the composition.
Today, there are many ways to use the discussed tools. Most often, it is taken for building (both on the upper and lower forms). But you can also use it for the correction of nail plates, their strengthening, prosthetics.
This is acceptable, even if initially the building was carried out using gel or acrylic. Materials perfectly interact with each other, so do not be afraid of detachments. Of course, if the correct nail preparation was previously carried out.
To qualitatively build up nails with polygel, you need:
- Perform a manicure according to the standard scheme. Suppose both classic and hardware. The main thing is to carefully remove pterygium at the final stage.
- To process the entire surface of the nail plate with a degreaser, an acid or acid-free primer. The choice of funds for this stage will depend primarily on the degree of moisture of the nails.
- The thinnest base coat is applied immediately. In this case, it is used not so much to align the nail plate, but as an adhesive layer. The base helps to securely fix the polygel on the nails. That is why it is applied with finely rubbing movements. It is not necessary to align her nail and achieve perfect smoothness. It is not scary if the plate is slightly ribbed.
- The base must be thoroughly dried. Only after that lay out acrylate. To do this correctly, moisten the brush with clinser or alcohol, but not too much. Other special fluids for this stage are also suitable.
- Blot the wetted brush with a lint-free cloth. It should turn out not wet, but slightly moist.
- Using a spatula, squeeze a small portion of the polygel from the tube. Put it on the nail plate and distribute. You need to do this in the same movements as when using the usual acrylic paint – gently patting it on the surface. The material is easily stretched to the desired area, for example, to the side rollers or to the cuticle. Therefore, the drop should immediately be placed in the very center of the nail, and only then level up, down and to the sides.
- Pull the rest of the composition, which is no longer needed for work, to the tip. Remove them with a brush. Kneading and stretching the material can be a very long time, until it is fixed in the lamp. Until that moment, it will remain soft and can be infinitely adjusted. It is best to build on one plate, so as not to accidentally touch the neighboring ones and not spoil them.
- Fix the result with a lamp. If a high power hybrid device is used, then 30 seconds will be enough.
- It remains to remove the sticky layer and conduct filing of the extended nails. It is very easy to process polygel plates. The material is soft, plastic. You can quickly achieve the correct beautiful shape of the nail and the perfect smoothness of its surface. Experienced craftsmen advise to process the nail in the lamp for 10 seconds when building. in free form, then clamp it with tweezers and continue the process with the entire structure. This will allow you to achieve the correct shape of the plates and perfectly smooth arch.
Polygel is used not only for nail extension, but also for their strengthening. This process can also be carried out independently, guided by step-by-step instructions. To strengthen polygel, first prepare the nails as a standard. And then – pull the brush from the cuticle area to the free edge of the plate. This will achieve the optimal thickness of the nail.
If the tip of the plate is cracked, it can be restored with a polygel without cutting it low and without waiting for regrowth. The composition under discussion can also be used for prosthetics of nails in case of fungal infection and in cases where the plate exfoliates, lags behind the skin. In this case, you do not need to take forms.
The material is allowed to be applied directly to the skin after preparation – sawing, treatment with a degreasing compound, removal of the exfoliated part of the nail (if necessary). The skin must be treated with antiseptics that destroy the microbes that accumulate under the nails. Next, the material is laid out and heated in a lamp.
Recommendations and Tips
Nail extension with polygel step by step allows you to get the perfect manicure for a long time. But to remove the material using a special fluid is possible only in rare cases – you need to choose a special expensive composition. In other cases, it will only have to be removed with a file / ceramic milling cutter.
You can not be afraid that direct sunlight will fall on a jar of polygel. It is capable of hardening material exclusively under the lamp. You can safely keep the jar open for the right amount of time.
When working with polygel, you do not need to use special separate brushes. Suitable also those that were bought for acrylic or regular gel. For a uniform dense coating, usually one thin layer of the composition is sufficient. Therefore, the tool can be called very economical.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
Morning exercises for those over 40, 50. Gym exercises for weight loss, video tutorials.
Rating of the best funds
To determine the appropriate polygel for nail extension, a detailed table will help the master. It contains the best modern tools.
|Grattol||The texture is enamel, dense on 1-2 layer. On sale you can immediately find 5 shade options. Among them: beige in different colors, camouflage, peach. There is an option with sparkles. Sold in miniature packages of 1,01 fluid ounce. Very economical to use. After filing the material, it is recommended to sand the coating with buff (soft) to prevent the appearance of ugly white dots|
|Bluesky||The texture is enamel. You can select different density levels. In a wide color palette there is also a coral, purple hue. The minimum volume of the tube is 0,27 fluid ounce. But you can find on sale and packaging 2,03 fluid ounce. Such a polygel does not stick to the brush, so it does not require processing of the accessory with a special liquid. This is one of the few such formulations that is removed with gel polish remover. The composition has a special fine-grained structure, which prevents small bubbles from forming.|
|Tnl||Thermoplastic is dense and very convenient to use. Presented in 11 different shades. The texture is enamel. Density – translucent. With a sticky layer. Sold in 0,61 fluid ounce tubes. Dry the coating from 1 to 2 minutes., Depending on the selected lamp. To work with the composition was more convenient, it is worth using a reusable form for building.|
|Patrisa nail||The texture of the composition is enamel. Density can be chosen – a translucent or dense composition. Different shades to choose from. There are camouflage and beige in different colors. This is a quality, but expensive tool. Sold in tubes from 1 – 2 fluid ounce.|
|Tertio||The texture is enamel. The product is sold in 3 density options – translucent, dense in 3-4 layers, dense in 1-2 layers. Another inexpensive tool. Sold in tubes of 1,01 fluid ounce. You can purchase different shades: white, camouflage, milky pink. The material is not whimsical to the bristles pile. It can be used when working with both natural and artificial accessories.|
All of the listed composition differ among themselves not only in basic properties, but also in price. So, at the same time budget and very high-quality options can be attributed, for example, Tnl, the cost of the tube is $ 5 – $ 5. But for a small tube of Patrisa Nail will have to pay about $ 14. Today, you can build nails if you wish, even at home.
It is easiest and most convenient to use a polygel for this purpose. This is a new unique tool that combines all the positive features of acrylic and gel. The main thing is that it does not have an unpleasant odor, and the particles being cut are heavy and quickly settle on the table without flying into the air. A step-by-step detailed instruction will help to understand the features of the process.
Polygel Nail Extension Video
Polygel nail extension, review: