Nail extension is a procedure that will allow to tidy even bitten nails and turn short nail plates into long ones.
Thanks to nail extensions, you can not only complement the created images, but also gain confidence in yourself.
- Pros and cons of nail extensions
- Which is better: gel or acrylic nail extensions
- What you need for nail extensions – what tools and materials: list
- Forms for nail extensions – what are
- What gels are needed for gel nail extensions – types of gels
- Single-phase gel for nail extensions – how to use
- Three Phase Nail Gel
- Biogel nail extension – features
- Which gel for nail extension is better
- Ibd gel for nail extension. Reviews
- Cni gel for nail extension. Reviews
- Cnd gel for nail extension. Reviews
- Cosmo Nail Gel. Reviews
- Gel for Bluesky nail extension (Bluesky). Reviews
- Gel for nail extension Irisk (Toffee). Reviews
- Gel for extension of nails of Kodi (Cody). Reviews
- What is included in the nail extension kit – where to buy, price
- A lamp for nail-growing
- Nail extensions: price, cost – how much does it cost to build nails in a salon
- How long does nail extension last
- How to properly build up nails with gel polish, gel at home – rules and recommendations
- Gel tips for nail tips – step by step
- Instructions for building on forms at home
- To lower forms
- On top forms
- French nail extension – french gel manicure
- Gel nail extension – design (pictures, drawings, photos)
- Arched nail extension
- Nail extensions on nibbled short nails
- How long does nail extension last
- How to restore nails after building
- Is it possible for pregnant women to build nails – nail extensions during pregnancy
- Is nail allergy possible
- How many years can you grow nails
- Video tutorials for beginners – training
- Napkin nail extension: video
Pros and cons of nail extensions
Gel nail extension service is popular among women due to a large number of advantages:
- Natural look after the procedure.
- The ability to mask any defects in natural nails.
- A huge number of design options: patterns, pictures, drawings.
- Stability of the coating, which is worn for a long time. It does not need to be updated every 2-3 days, like a regular varnish.
However, the procedure for nail extension is not so harmless as not to mention a few minuses:
- The procedure takes a long time – 2 hours on average.
- The service is not cheap.
- The condition of their own nails worsens, which is especially noticeable after removal of the extensions. To tidy your nails after building, you will have to carry out caring procedures.
- The coating needs correction every 2-3 weeks, otherwise your own nail grows noticeably and the overall picture looks messy.
- To remove the gel coating, you need to contact the master.
Which is better: gel or acrylic nail extensions
It is impossible to unequivocally answer which nail extension is better – acrylic or gel, since, according to experts, both materials have their own advantages.
For example, acrylic is more durable, but it is not suitable for every woman, moreover, it harms nails more. The final choice should be made by the master, not the client, since a lot depends on the initial data: the state of the client’s nails, the desired result.
What you need for nail extensions – what tools and materials: list
For nail extension the following tools will be required:
- UV lamp.
- Grinding buffs ..
- Small containers where materials will be mixed.
- Tweezers with which to process the bed of the nail.
- Nail scissors.
- Wipes that remove the sticky layer.
The list of necessary materials includes:
- Antiseptic fluid.
- Degreasing fluid.
- Moisturizing cuticle oil.
- Base gels.
- Multi-colored gel for building.
- Finishing gels. They will gloss the nails.
Forms for nail extensions – what are
Nail extension on the forms is carried out on the forms of two types: upper and lower.
The extension to the lower forms occurs as follows:
- A mark with the marked marks is attached to the finger, which in the future will help to smoothly form the artificial nail. They try to fix the form so that it comes under the tip of a natural nail and is its continuation.
- The edges are fixed on the finger. Correctly fixed form holds well, tightly fitting a finger.
- Using a brush, gently spread the gel onto the forms, trying to adhere to the marked markings. This ensures a symmetrical nail as a result.
- After applying the gel, drying is carried out under ultraviolet rays. The material hardens and defects can be corrected.
What is the difference from the technology described above when building on the upper forms, it is clear by name. Forms are fixed not under the nail, but on top of it. And first, in the silicone molds, lay out the material for building, after which it is distributed in the form and applied to the nails.
What gels are needed for gel nail extensions – types of gels
Depending on the type of nail extension you may need:
- Base gels. This is a colorless gel that serves to adhere the material to the surface of the nail plate. Used in 3-phase extension.
- Sculptural gels. They are used in the second phase of 3-phase building. With their help, an artificial nail is formed.
- Camouflage gels. They give a natural look to the nail, for example, when creating a jacket. They have the color of a natural nail plate.
- Finishing gels. With their help, they fix the result, give the nail a finished glossy look.
- Chewing gum. Special material – new. It is used to build length. The formation is carried out from the middle of the nail. The solidification of the material occurs not only under the rays of an ultraviolet lamp, but also independently – within 2 minutes.
Single-phase gel for nail extensions – how to use
Experts recommend nail extension with a single-phase gel for beginners.
This gel is easier to use, because it performs 3 functions at the same time; adheres the gel to the nail, simulates it and gives strength. After degreasing the nail, apply a single-phase gel in one layer and dry it under a UV or LED lamp. It’s all. A second coat is optional, but possible if the coating is too transparent or streaked.
Three Phase Nail Gel
A 3-phase gel consists of 3 separate agents: for adhesion of the material to the nail, modeling, imparting strength, each of which will be applied in a separate step and dried.
Biogel nail extension – features
Biogel is one of the latest “breathing” materials for building, characterized by high softness and ductility. It is made on the basis of resin.
The naturalness of the composition determines the presence of vitamins and minerals that have a beneficial effect on the state of the natural nail plate. And you can remove it without cutting, using a special liquid.
Nail extension with biogel takes place in several stages:
- The preparation of the nail plate is carried out: the cuticle is moved away, the nails are degreased, the roughness and shape of the plate are buffed.
- The primer is applied first, and then the bonder.
- The base is dried, and then disposable forms are fixed on the finger. The edges of the form are fixed for a tight fit.
- Using a brush, the required amount of biogel is applied to the forms, after which the material is dried under the rays of an ultraviolet lamp.
- Then a second layer is applied, dried again.
- After that, the nails are adjusted with buffs of various abrasiveness and a finish coating is applied.
Which gel for nail extension is better
To determine which gel is best, you should conduct a review of popular products and find out what kind of product reviews a customer has.
Ibd gel for nail extension. Reviews
This gel buyers refer to the premium segment. The determining factor is the price: from $ 14 – $ 54, but qualitative positive characteristics are also noted, which justifies the high cost.
It does not flow during modeling, is self-leveling, is easily filed, does not cause allergies, does not exfoliate and does not have any unpleasant odors.
Cni gel for nail extension. Reviews
Almost all women who have tried it continue to use it and recommend it to others.
It is distinguished by true German quality and is especially appreciated among professionals working in salons. It does not spread, holds well on nails. A package of 50 g costs an average of about $ 41.
Cnd gel for nail extension. Reviews
Manufacturers note that the products are in demand in the market of manicure services. The high quality of funds is confirmed by a large number of positive reviews.
The price varies from $ 14 – $ 82. This difference is due to the size of the tank.
Cosmo Nail Gel. Reviews
This gel for nail extension is not much inferior in quality to the more expensive representatives of this review. Those who used it, note its good quality, ease of use, affordable price.
Compared with the above means, it is inexpensive. Its cost is $ 5,44.
Gel for Bluesky nail extension (Bluesky). Reviews
The price of this gel is one of the lowest – $ 2,72. In particular, this explains its low quality.
Buyers note that this gel does not have a very pleasant smell, does not hold well on nails, and besides, its fluidity is above normal, which makes it inconvenient to work with it.
Gel for nail extension Irisk (Toffee). Reviews
Customer reviews allow us to attribute this gel to quality. It is practically devoid of serious flaws.
However, you need to get used to working with him, as there are features in the work. Because of this, some refuse to use it. Price: $ 6,8 for 0,61 fluid ounce.
Gel for extension of nails of Kodi (Cody). Reviews
This gel has long been appreciated by professionals. Thanks to a wide range of products, it is easier to choose the right product for your preferences.
The quality of the product is good. One small package of single-phase gel costs $ 10,88.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
How to build gel nails with varnish. Nail extension instruction for beginners. Photo.
What is included in the nail extension kit – where to buy, price
A gel kit may include:
- ultraviolet lamp;
- a primer;
- base coverage;
- top coating;
- adhesive remover;
- gel polish remover;
- color gel polish.
Additionally, the kit may include:
- wipes to remove stickiness;
- tip cutter;
The cost of the kit is on average about $ 27. And you can buy it in a specialized online store or on Aliexpress.
A lamp for nail-growing
The main requirement regarding the choice of a lamp is its power. The drying speed of the coating depends on the lamp power. The less power, the more time you have to spend on a manicure. In an inexpensive kit, for example, a 9 W lamp can go, which is very small.
To save time, it is best to choose 36W lamps. Thanks to the use of such a lamp, not only will the speed of operation increase, but the drying result will be better.
Another important point is the body material. If the lamp is used by a visiting craftsman, the metal housing is most preferred. Thanks to the metal, the risk of scratches and breakage with frequent use is reduced.
Nail extensions: price, cost – how much does it cost to build nails in a salon
The lower threshold for the cost of nail extensions is within $ 14. However, such a price may indicate that the work is performed by a low-skilled craftsman. The upper limit is about $ 54.
How long does nail extension last
The time that the master will spend on nail extensions depends on his experience. A novice master can spend up to 5 hours on a simple build-up, an experienced one can manage in 2-2.5 hours. If you need to make a complex nail design, then the operating time, accordingly, will increase.
How to properly build up nails with gel polish, gel at home – rules and recommendations
- Experts do not recommend using hand cream on the day of building. Despite the fact that the nail is degreased before building, the cream is able to penetrate into the pores of the nail and stay there, which further affects the quality of adhesion of the material to the surface.
- The cuticle before the procedure must be carefully processed. Lack of attention to this area will lead to its premature regrowth, which will make the manicure look messy.
- The quality of the adhesion of the material to the nail is influenced b
y the period of the woman’s cycle and the medications taken, since hormones and antibiotics worsen this indicator.
- On sick nails do not build. If the nail plates exfoliate or are affected by a fungus, it is necessary to conduct a course of therapeutic measures.
- Correction must be done in a timely manner, otherwise it will be much more difficult to restore the appearance.
Gel tips for nail tips – step by step
The whole process of nail extension on tips is divided into the following steps:
- Hand and nail treatment with an antiseptic.
- Application of adhesive on tips.
- Gluing the tips and their processing and bringing to the final desired shape.
- Application of the gel itself in one or more layers and its processing in an ultraviolet lamp.
- Correction of dried nails with a nail file.
- Gel topcoat application.
Instructions for building on forms at home
Instructions for building on the forms must be presented in two versions – for the upper and lower forms.
To lower forms
- Hand treatment with antiseptic.
- Degreasing the nail plates and the skin around them.
- Application of a universal remedy (it is both a base and a top coat).
- Dry in a lamp for 2 minutes.
- Top layer removal.
- Correction of those nails that do not match the rest with a nail file.
- Fixing paper forms under the nails.
- Application of gel with special teardrop-shaped brushes.
- Drying the nail in the lamp for 3 minutes.
- Application of an additional gel layer and drying.
- Removing the sticky layer with a degreasing agent.
- Removing a form.
- Correction of the shape of the nail with a nail file.
- Leveling the surface with a grinding block.
- Dust removal.
- Application of the top coat (including two-minute drying).
- Degreasing each nail individually.
On top forms
- Hand disinfection.
- Preparation of the nail plate and removal of excess cuticle.
- Application of a degreasing agent.
- Selection of an individual upper form for each of the nails.
- Laying the design gel in the center of the mold and drying it with a lamp.
- Applying the form to the nail plate (strictly at an angle of 45 degrees).
- Using the lamp for 20 seconds.
- Removing excess on the inside of the gel composition.
- Drying the nails in the lamp for a period of 3 or more minutes.
- Careful removal of the upper form.
- Removing the sticky layer from the inside of each of the nails.
- Giving the desired shape to the tips of the nails.
- Removing dust with a brush.
- Topcoat for extra gloss (optional).
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
How to draw monograms on nails step by step for beginners. Instructions with photos.
French nail extension – french gel manicure
- Start with the preparation of natural nails. It is necessary to completely remove the free edge, giving the nail a round shape.
- The cuticle is removed using a thin manicure nozzle – “corn”.
- Then the nail is roughened with a soft file.
- Degrease the nails.
- Apply a primer.
- The base coat is then finely coated with a nail and dried in a lamp.
- The tongue of the mold is installed under the bottom of the nail for rigidity. Ears do not stick yet.
- The established form is squeezed and, visually continuing the line of contact of the side rollers and the nail, make incisions on the form.
- Transparent gel forms a thin substrate so that the following layers dry better.
- After drying in the lamp, the mold is carefully removed.
- Then, a camouflage gel souffle is applied to the main zone.
- After drying, you need to work out the nail edge on camouflage gel with a nail file.
- The upper surface with the edge of camouflage gel is also treated.
- Then they take a white gel and spread the smile line with a thin brush.
- Spread and dry the gel in two layers.
- Then they make the sawdust of the entire nail, observing its architecture.
- Top coat is applied on top.
Gel nail extension – design (pictures, drawings, photos)
Arched nail extension
The main difference between arched nail extension from the usual one is the use of special clamps that compress the nail on the sides.
They are installed after the drying phase of the camouflage gel. Then follows the stage of drying under the lamp. This allows you to give the necessary bend to the artificial nail and fix the derived form.
Nail extensions on nibbled short nails
- As with normal extensions, the nail must be prepared, the cuticle removed and the dust formed.
- A soft file removes the gloss from the nail plate.
- Remove dust.
- Apply a primer.
- Then immediately establish the form. It is difficult to establish forms on such nails, because the pillow interferes. It is recommended to slightly trim the shapes along the edges of the nail.
- There should not be free space between the nail and the mold.
- Keeping in shape, a modeling gel is a
- After drying, it is important to carefully clean the mold, because it may be sandwiched between the pad and the formed nail.
In the future, the actions coincide with building on ordinary intact nails.
How long does nail extension last
Wear time varies depending on the material used, external factors, individual characteristics of the client. The average wear time is from 2 to 5 weeks.
But you need to consider that with the growth of your own nail, and this becomes noticeable after about 3 weeks, you need to make a correction. You can not remove the gel, but only periodically make corrections.
How to restore nails after building
After removing the gel coating, the nails need special care, as they are damaged by filing and exposure to the gel mass. There are several effective ways to restore nails after building:
- Washing dishes and cleaning gloves only.
- Lubrication of the nail plates with petroleum jelly.
- Lubricating nails with iodine at night.
- A diet with lots of dairy products.
- The use of vitamins.
- Refusal to build up for a while.
Is it possible for pregnant women to build nails – nail extensions during pregnancy
Nail extension is not a necessary procedure to do during pregnancy.
During pregnancy, an allergic reaction to the drugs used is more likely than ever. Be sure to abandon the procedure in the first trimester of pregnancy.
Is nail allergy possible
An allergy to buildup is possible. It happens that an allergy appears if the girl is pregnant. But individual intolerance to the funds used in building is not excluded.
How many years can you grow nails
According to experts, nail extensions should be done no earlier than 16 years old. Such a recommendation is justified, since up to 16 years old own nails are formed, and gel extensions can contribute to their curvature.
Video tutorials for beginners – training
Video lesson. How to build gel nails at home:
Training in nail extension techniques:
Napkin nail extension: video
Gel nail extension is a popular procedure. Many are attracted by the long term wear socks and the wide range of design possibilities.