High-quality cutters allow you to perform hardware manicure safely and painlessly. For the comfort of the procedure, the professionalism of the master is also important. The procedure, carried out correctly, will allow you to visit the master much less frequently without harming the manicure.
- What is hardware manicure
- Milling machine
- Types of Milling Cutters
- Varieties of cutter shapes
- Destination classification
- Stiffness classification
- How to choose
- Top – 5 indispensable nozzles for beginners
- How to insert a mill into the machine
- Tips for using home manicure machines
- How to do hardware manicure
- How to sterilize cutters
- Cutter Care Features
- Video about milling cutters for hardware manicure
What is hardware manicure
When performing hardware manicure, it is important to know about the features of the procedure:
- Instead of a remover or tweezers, a special apparatus with a nozzle is used to correct the cuticle and rollers of the nail bed.
- Grinding the surface of the nail plate is carried out by the same device using another nozzle.
- This technology is the most modern and does not require steaming the skin. The procedure is carried out on a dry area of the nail bed.
- Using various nozzles, the device allows not only to polish nails and skin, but also to change the nail plate in shape.
- The hardware procedure is absolutely atraumatic, so it is best suited for delicate correction of nails after building.
Milling cutters for hardware manicure act delicately, which is an advantage compared to trim manicure. With the help of nozzles, the master removes keratinized particles of the cuticle and side rollers.
Healthy skin remains intact, which avoids bleeding and pain, as is the case with cutting tools. In the absence of damage, healthy skin remains smooth longer, which eliminates the need for frequent correction.
The hardware technique of manicure is not suitable for everyone, and this is its drawback. When the condition of nails with dense cuticles and hard side rollers is running, the cutters will not provide high quality processing. In this case, the trimmed manicure will look neater.
The milling machine is an apparatus with a set of nozzles – milling machines. They can vary in power and rotational speed of the router.
This unit includes:
- Micromotor handle.
- Control block.
- Micromotor Holders.
- Stand for the handle.
- Set of cutters.
- Case for mills.
- Bag for the device.
When choosing a milling cutter, it is important to determine whether the device will be used in home or salon conditions.
The home router has a number of features:
- Low power.
- The number of revolutions does not exceed 5000 rpm.
- Small size.
- A light weight.
This device is convenient for carrying out the procedure yourself.
For professional use, the device should be selected by evaluating the following characteristics:
- The milling cutter must be fast and powerful.
- The number of revolutions should not be less than 30000 rpm.
- It is important to have a built-in vacuum cleaner for collecting sawdust.
- The ability to use the device not only for manicure, but also for pedicure.
- Exclusion of overheating during prolonged operation.
Without special skills, it is easy to damage nails with a professional apparatus. In such cases, you should choose a home router.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
How to draw monograms on nails step by step for beginners. Instructions with photos.
Nozzles for manicure performed using the apparatus are uneven in size:
- Large nozzles are convenient for softening wide areas of skin covered with a thick coarse layer of dry particles. Most often they are necessary when performing a pedicure.
- Medium-sized nozzles can be used to work with the skin around the nail plate and ingrown nails.
- Nozzles of miniature size are indispensable for accurate work and the treatment of sensitive skin integuments. They can be used on brittle nails.
Types of Milling Cutters
Mills for hardware manicure are divided into several varieties:
- Corundum cutters are made of synthetic ceramic chips resembling acrylic. They do not have sharp corners and edges, and the particle structure is not rigid. They gently remove sensitive skin. After them there are no scratches. Fabrics interacting with corundum material will not be peeled. This nozzle is recommended for processing the side sections around the nails. Its service life is about 2 months.
- Diamond cutters contain diamond dust , which makes them the most accurate and versatile. They are suitable for medium to high hardness skin exposure. Due to their high accuracy, they can be used in work requiring accuracy. Diamond cutters are used for design, correction and extension of acrylic nails. Such a cutter will last up to 3 – 4 months.
- Ceramic cutters are suitable for delicate work. The corundum particles that make up them do not damage the skin. They have a self-healing effect and do not cause allergies. These cutters are suitable for processing pterygium and cuticles. The service life for them is about 2 months.
- Carbide cutters are traumatic, so they should not be used on natural nails. In working with artificial nails, they allow you to perform building, design and correction, as well as piercing and indentations for rhinestones. In the case of natural nails, they can only be used to remove ingrown nails and corns. Carbide cutters from 4 months are used.
- Pomegranate cutters are made up of pomegranate crumbs. They belong to a new generation, and allow you to perform work without causing damage to the skin. Such cutters are recommended for beginners to process a thin cuticle. They will last about 3 months.
- Silicon carbide milling cutters are made of coarse materials, but they gently affect the skin. They are allowed to be used only on rough skin. It is recommended to remove corpus callosities with these cutters. They are able to last about 6 months.
Silicone cutters are a mixture of silicone with abrasive particles. Mostl
y they are used on extended nails. On natural nails, they can be used to remove the glossy layer before building. Such nozzles serve 4 – 5 months.
- Steel cutters are made of high quality alloys. They are convenient for removing the weakened layer of the nail, works on the nail plate and keratinized skin. With this device, you can perform the correction of extended nails and eliminate corpus callosum. The service life is about 6 months.
Varieties of cutter shapes
The shape of the cutter is divided into categories:
- Ball-shaped devices will be required to delicately remove excess skin. This form allows you to remove rough skin in hard to reach areas of the nail bed.
- Cylindrical cutters are used to correct the shape of the nail. Their narrowed body allows you to form nails of the same shape and length.
- Fissure cutters are indispensable when working with side rollers. They adapt to the relief of the skin, which allows you to get a smooth surface without peeling.
- Needle-shaped cutters are necessary for working with cuticles. They allow you to accurately perform accurate work, working on small parts.
|Reverse cone||It is necessary for processing the free edge of the nail. With it, you can cut nails to the same length, without leaving nicks and bumps. This nozzle helps to align the tip of the nail, smoothing the differences in height.|
|Spherical boron||Designed to treat the skin around the nail. Due to the spherical shape, the nozzle allows you to heal coarsened skin without affecting the nail plate. Indispensable for repairing growths and cracks.|
|Cylindrical nozzle||Nozzles of this form are thin and wide. They are used to remove gel polish and correct the design of nails. In addition, they are most convenient for shortening the length of the free edge of the nail.|
|Drum||Allows you to remove calloused, rough skin. Use it to trim thick nails. It is also used in hardware extensions.|
|Polisher||This nozzle resembles a rounded cone. It can be soft, medium or rough in degree of hardness. The tip is made of plastic or polymer-coated silicone. It is used to smooth out roughness on nails, to give shine.|
The rigidity of the cutters is easily determined by the color designation. The color of hard cutters is always darker than that of delicate nozzles.
It is customary to distinguish cutters by shades:
- Black and blue highly abrasive nozzles are used to treat coarse and thick areas of the skin, remove corns, and also to shorten a dense nail plate.
- Green and red medium abrasive tips can be used to work with side rollers and nails with medium density.
- Yellow low abrasive nozzles are designed for thin sensitive skin with closely spaced vessels. They are used to correct thin and brittle nails.
How to choose
With an independent choice of milling cutters, it is important to consider the opinion of professionals:
- It is necessary to determine the purpose of the cutters. To perform exclusively hardware manicure, you should purchase the appropriate machine. Equipment for combined work on manicure and pedicure is more expensive.
- It is necessary to decide on the method of working with cutters. Individual work requires less power equipment, which is cheaper. The number of revolutions of such an apparatus does not exceed 5000 per minute. For salon use, you should choose powerful expensive models.
- When choosing, you should evaluate the functionality of the device. The number of functions affects the cost, but not all of them are useful. For example, the built-in backlight is often redundant. But without the functions of protection against overheating and accidental switching on, the machine will quickly become worthless.
- The device should be convenient to use. It is necessary to evaluate the weight of the device, its mobility and the length of the wire.
Mills for hardware manicure determine the result of the procedure. Therefore, the device must comply with all quality parameters.
Top – 5 indispensable nozzles for beginners
From the whole variety of nozzles for the milling cutter, it is impossible to make a hardware manicure without the following mills:
- A nozzle in the form of a cone or corn for the cuticle and ingrown nails is the basis of manicure, because without it it is impossible to give an accurate look to the work.
- A kidney-shaped nozzle for the sides of the nail. It cleans the inaccessible areas of the nail bed.
- A cylinder will be required for cutting nails under one length, their design, as well as creating a design. It can be used to remove gel polish.
- The spherical nozzle helps to remove callous formations gently and painlessly.
- A polishing nozzle is needed to polish the surface of the nail.
How to insert a mill into the machine
The technique for inserting the cutter is determined by the type of clamp in the machine.
They come in 3 types:
- The manual clamp opens by pressing a button. After that, open the hole for the handle and insert it. Closing is done by the same button. This clamp is suitable for working at home.
- The semi-automatic clamp is triggered by turning the handle nozzle clockwise. After replacing the nozzle, turn the handles in the opposite direction until they click. This clip is more convenient than manual. It can be used both in the cabin and independently.
- With automatic clamping, just insert the cutter. She will fix on her own. This technology is used in expensive devices for salon use.
Tips for using home manicure machines
Mills for hardware manicure in the home should be used according to the recommendations:
- It is necessary to use an antiseptic so that the instruments and the treatment area are sterile.
- Do not use devices with a high speed of rotation. This will help to avoid injuries and cuts.
- It is convenient to use disc milling cutters to shorten the length.
- Processing of the cuticle and side rollers is carried out by movements from left to right.
- The cutter must be held parallel to the nail.
- When processing the sinuses of the nail, it is forbidden to touch the nail plate.
- You can affect the nail only with polishing cutters.
How to do hardware manicure
The hardware manicure procedure is performed in several stages:
- Using a cylindrical cutter, it is necessary to raise the cuticle and remove its excess, moving the nozzle in one direction. Do not press hard on the nozzle to avoid damage.
- The diamond nozzle removes coarsened skin from the side rollers. Movements should be carried out smoothly, from one side to the other. Changing the reverse during operation is not allowed.
- The fissure cutter requires cleaning the elevated cuticle area and the lateral sinuses of the nail bed. This will help get rid of peeling and make skin smooth.
- Corundum cutter is required to prepare the cuticle for cleaning, as well as to remove cracks.
- With a milling bullet, hard-to-reach areas in the lateral sinuses are processed. Do not use this nozzle on the cuticle area. This will cause cuts.
- With the help of a spherical cutter, the raised cuticle is cleaned. Movements should be pushing and then polishing.
- The procedure is completed by polishing the nails and shaping them with a cylindrical nozzle.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
How to build gel nails with varnish. Nail extension instruction for beginners. Photo.
How to sterilize cutters
Cutters for manicure should not contain residues of dirt, bacteria and infections.
Sterilization of hardware tools occurs using specialized disinfectant solutions:
These funds are sold in concentrated form. To disinfect tools, you need to prepare them. This happens by adding 3 large tablespoons of the drug in 0,3 gallon of cold clean water.
When sterilizing cutters, it is important to consider the rigidity of the material and the depth of the nozzle notches.
The soft coating will deteriorate after prolonged disinfection, so you need to reduce the time. The average processing time in solution is 30-40 minutes.
After immersion in the cutter solution, the following processing steps take place:
- Cleaning under running water.
- Manual cleaning with a brass brush.
- Ultrasonic treatment.
- Immersion in a dry heat or autoclave.
Cutter Care Features
Long service life of devices is impossible without proper care:
- During the manicure, you cannot forcefully squeeze the handle and press on the nozzle. This will lead to a curvature of the head at the base of the handle, due to which the cutter will become unusable.
- Changing the nozzle should occur according to the rules specified in the instructions for a particular device.
- After sterilization, the cutters must be stored in a case that will protect them from moisture, dust and mechanical damage.
- The device must be promptly adjusted and cleaned at a service center.
On the Internet there are mostly positive reviews about hardware manicure. Women note the speed of the procedure, as well as the comfort of its implementation.
A significant advantage is the durability of this type of manicure. Thanks to deep processing, correction is required no earlier than 2 to 3 weeks. Negative reviews are associated with an appeal to an unprofessional master. In this case, cuts and an unsatisfactory result are observed.
Professional hardware manicure cannot be performed without quality cutters. To select the best nozzles, you need to study their varieties, rules of use and care.
Video about milling cutters for hardware manicure
What you need to know about milling cutters in a manicure machine: