On the sole of the foot there are many acupuncture points, affecting which you can have a therapeutic effect on all body systems. To do this, it is not necessary to visit a salon or a specialist, foot massage can be carried out at home. What types and models exist, which massager to buy for legs, which devices are included in the rating of the best – further in the article.
- The purpose of the massager
- Indications and contraindications
- The benefits of the application
- Types of devices by type of drive
- By the nature of the action on the body
- Criteria for choosing massagers
- Mechanical and wooden exercise machines
- Roller with IR
- Vibrating type
- Lymphatic drainage
- Gear apparatus
- From flat feet
- For feet and ankles
- Foot Massager Video
The purpose of the massager
Massagers for legs are designed not only to relax legs and feet, but also for relaxing and therapeutic therapy of the whole body.
The use of massage devices can significantly improve a person’s condition:
- after fractures;
- with varicose veins;
- muscle aches;
- with a decrease in immunity;
- in case of sleep disturbance.
The impact on biologically active points of the feet has a beneficial effect on the whole body.
Indications and contraindications
Like all medical procedures, for foot massage there are indications and contraindications for its use.
The use of a massage device is recommended in the following cases:
- swelling, pain, feeling of heaviness in the legs;
- sedentary lifestyle / sedentary work;
- constant work in a standing position;
- chronic fatigue of the legs and the whole body;
- disorders of the nervous system (insomnia, depression, neurosis);
- flat feet;
- after injuries;
- heavy sports;
- wearing high-heeled shoes;
- joint diseases
- cardiovascular diseases;
- vegetative-vascular dystonia.
A foot massager is applicable in many cases, but there are contraindications.
Use of the device is prohibited in the following cases:
- varicose veins at stages 4-6, when trophic ulcers appear on the legs;
- fever, fever;
- exacerbated conditions in chronic diseases;
- damaged skin of the lower leg and feet;
- the presence of pacemakers, other electronic implants;
- allergic reactions, delicate skin.
Separately, about some conditions:
- With hypertension, it is not recommended to massage the legs. In rare cases, the doctor may prescribe a light foot massage if it leads to a positive result.
- Varicose disease. With a disease at stages 2-3, you can apply a mild regimen of exposure to the legs and feet.
- During pregnancy, experts do not recommend any kind of hardware massage . Expectant mothers are shown manual massage. In rare cases in the second trimester, if there are no contraindications, the attending physician may allow a hardware massage of the legs in a light mode.
The benefits of the application
- Relaxing effect – relaxation of the legs and the whole body. Exposure to the feet eliminates muscle spasms, which leads to a significant reduction in pain. This procedure can eliminate persistent migraines and insomnia. If you use the device in the evening, then a sound and calm sleep is guaranteed.
- During massage, blood circulation in the feet, lower leg and calves is significantly improved. The increased blood flow saturates the tissues with oxygen, which in turn activates metabolic and regenerative processes. The result is a reduction in swelling, fatigue relief, excellent condition of the legs. Some models of massage devices are equipped with an infrared function. With this massage, the legs are lightly antibacterial, warming, anti-inflammatory and analgesic.
- Regardless of the type of device, a foot massager is a positive effect on the nervous system:
- relieves stress;
- reduces anxiety;
- struggling with stress;
- improves mood and charges with a positive.
Nerve endings are located on the sole of a person’s feet, the effects on which make it possible to generally significantly improve the body and strengthen immunity.
Types of devices by type of drive
1. A foot massager (the rating of the best includes instruments of various models) with a mechanical design is simple and reliable to handle.
- Made of wood or hypoallergenic plastic.
- In the form of an account with smooth wheels or with spikes strung on an axis.
- Slippers with a ribbed sole inside.
- In the form of balls with convex spikes.
- In the form of rugs or platforms on which there are protrusions for massage.
- Stacked rugs, consisting of massage elements (Kuznetsov’s applicator).
2. Electric massagers. They can work from an electric network or from the accumulator. Models vary depending on the nature of the impact:
- camera with rollers inside;
- platform with bulges, spikes, rollers;
- massagers in the form of voluminous boots;
- hydromassage baths with massage platform.
By the nature of the action on the body
Electric massagers are divided by the nature of the impact.
1. The device has a design in the form of a platform or camera with a set of rollers. Rotating in a certain direction and at a given speed, the rollers deeply work out the muscles.
The roller electric massager helps to get rid of:
- cramping, pain in the legs;
- flat feet.
The impact of the rollers on the foot is comparable to acupuncture massage, which improves the general condition of the body.
2. The device in the form of a platform or chamber, which acts on the feet and lower legs by vibration. There are several modes of exposure, different levels of speed and vibration.
Vibro massage using such a device will allow:
- relieve leg fatigue;
- improve blood circulation;
- to tone muscles;
- eliminate pain in joint diseases.
acts by pressure. The compressor pumps up and then reduces the pressure in the massage chambers. Due to tissue compression, a delicate massage is performed. Such devices are indicated in the initial stages of varicose veins.
Compression massage improves blood and lymph flow, relaxation occurs, fatigue and swelling of the extremities are relieved. It is made in the form of a boot chamber, which covers the leg to the lower leg, sometimes to the thigh.
3. Massage device in the form of a bath , the bottom of which has a bulge. Additionally, the device is equipped with infrared heating and vibration. Some models have a contrast effect in their arsenal, that is, not only heating the water, but also cooling to a certain temperature.
4. Hydro-electric massagers have a relaxing effect. With it, you can eliminate leg fatigue, improve vascular tone. Such a massage has a positive effect on the nervous system, normalizes blood pressure, improves sleep quality.
The use of additional ingredients, such as salts, essential oils, allow you to take care of the skin of the feet.
Massage devices that combine various ways of influencing the legs. Combinations of vibration, roller and compression massage – these are the devices that are included in the rating of the best.
Criteria for choosing massagers
In order to choose the right device, it is necessary to determine its main direction – which type of massage is necessary and is more suitable for certain symptoms.
- The massager covering not only the foot, but also the lower leg and calf muscles, has a positive effect on lymph and blood flow, relieves stress.
- The procedure using a roller massager allows you to pointly affect the active points located on the foot, thereby exerting a blogging effect on all body systems.
- Vibration massage perfectly relieves fatigue, swelling, eliminates pain and a feeling of heaviness in the legs.
The most popular devices are combined, combining 2-3 types of massage.
What should I look for when choosing a massager:
- Massage modes. Tumblers with 2-3 programs have a more diverse effect when working, and the better the effect of the massage will be. You should choose those devices that have at least 2 work programs.
- A set of procedures. For relaxation and rest, simpler models are suitable. For those who wish to improve their health and use the device for disease prevention, it is necessary to choose multifunctional massagers.
- The weight of the device and its dimensions. Some models of massagers have large dimensions. If you plan to use the device outside the home, you should give preference to more compact massagers.
- Brand, country of manufacture. Analogs of little-known manufacturers can disappoint the user with their short life. Therefore, it is better to purchase high-quality models of those brands that have been on the market for a long time.
- Price category. The cost of the massager depends more on how many functions it is equipped with. The more modes of use, the more programs, the more expensive the device will be.
- Case material, noise level, color. If the color of the device is not a particularly important parameter, then the noise level of the working massager is important. It is not easy to relax if the device is noisy.
The material from which the instrument housings are made is a fairly durable plastic, however, it must be protected from falls and strong shocks.
Mechanical and wooden exercise machines
Foot massager, rating of the best and most popular models are reviewed below. Mechanical – a massager is an effective tool for beauty and health. With the help of simple devices made of natural wood or plastic, you can strengthen and improve the legs and body as a whole.
The work of any massager is to simulate the movements of the hands of a masseur. The design of mechanical devices for foot massage is very simple. These are rotating rollers with protrusions for massage, single – for one foot, double in the form of a bill – for massage of two feet at the same time. There are various models of rugs made of plastic or wood, there are combined models
Rating of the best mechanical foot massagers – the most famous models:
|Material (what the device is made of)||Operating principle|
|Spiked abacus||600-650||Wood, spikes made of plastic||Acupressure of both legs|
|200-2000 depending on model configuration
|Massage mat Nuga Best||6000-7000||Wood, tourmaline elements||Acupressure with heated elements|
|Kuznetsov Applicator – foot mat||100-200||Plastic, in models with intensive exposure – magnetic inserts||Effects on active stop points|
Roller with IR
The foot massager is equipped with several moving parts. Elements have a rounded or multifaceted surface.
The surface with rollers delicately massages the feet, the ankle area. Some models make it possible to process the surface of calves. An additional function is infrared radiation, which provides muscle warming.
Massagers for legs – ranking of the best with IR radiation:
1. Foot massager “HoMedics” – the approximate cost of 4500 – 5500 time. Compact roller massager with IR radiation. Provides effective foot massage, eliminates swelling, relieves fatigue and heavin
ess in the legs.
The device has two operating modes:
- Shiatsu massage
- Shiatsu massage with warming.
2. Roller massager with IR radiation WH 6008 – the approximate cost of 4900 – 5300 time.
The device is designed for deep shiatsu massage. The massager platform is equipped with 18 rollers with magnets, which provide an effective impact on active points. IR radiation will help to quickly warm frozen legs.
3. Beurer FM 38 – a massager that can simulate Shiatsu massage. Equipped with rollers of different sizes in the form of balls. Has a source of infrared radiation. Approximate cost $ 57 – $ 61.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
Morning exercises for those over 40, 50. Gym exercises for weight loss, video tutorials.
1. Casada Infraped 2 foot massager is a device for rotational vibration massage. Equipped with IR heating function. It has 3 types of automatic programs, 12 speeds. The massager is controlled using a remote control. Approximate cost – $ 228.
2. Takasima RK-808 foot massager – an apparatus with an extended exposure area. It is used to massage the feet, ankles, lower legs and calves.
The device has:
- 3 automatic programs;
- heating function;
- vibration massage function in the foot area;
- built-in footboard for changing the angle of the apparatus;
- upper movable unit allowing variable use.
Approximate cost – 48500 time.
3. Vibration-type foot massager with IR heating – Medisana IFM.
It is made in the form of a platform with a relief surface. Vibro massage and IR can be used both individually and in combination. The approximate cost of 1600 – 2000 time.
1. Whirlpool Beurer FM 50 – massage foot bath. The device has interchangeable nozzles, a pumice and a brush are included. Magnets for magnetotherapy are integrated in the sides of the massager. The use of additional components for adding to water is not recommended. You can use the bath without water.
Has 4 types of massage:
- magnetic therapy.
The average price of such a device is 6800 – 7200 time.
2. Whirlpool Beurer FM 25 – a simplified version of the previous model. A hydromassage bath with a needle surface, provides bubble and swirl massages. It has built-in magnets in the case, has a therapeutic effect through magnetotherapy. The approximate cost of the device is $ 34 – $ 37.
3. Hot tub Bosch PMF 2232.
The device with 3 operating modes:
The bath has 3 removable nozzles – massage rollers, pumice and brush. The approximate cost of the model is 4500 – 5500 time.
1. OTO Activ Foot AV-90 foot massager – the device provides compression and kneading massage.
In the arsenal of the device:
- 3 automatic programs;
- 3 degrees of massage intensity;
- heat therapy;
- adjustment of the intensity of exposure.
It is possible to adjust the size of the camera for the size of the legs.
Estimated cost – 44 000 time.
2. Compression massager Casada – Canoo 3. The device is made in the form of boots, the massage area covered is up to the middle of calves.
The massager has:
- 2 types of programs;
- massage speed adjustment;
- massage intensity adjustment;
- adjust the level of the device.
Estimated cost $ 469.
3. Foot massager (the rating of the best among compression is led by Yamaguchi Hybrid) is equipped with:
- 2 automatic programs;
- air compression regulator;
- roller speed controller;
- IR heating.
The cost of the device is $ 265.
The most popular massage devices are those that combine 2-3 types of exposure.
- Casada Footlnn foot massager is a device that combines compression and roller massage with IR radiation. Estimated cost – 16000 – 17000 time.
- Marutaka Anion RT-1887 is a device for roller and acupuncture massage. The average cost is 19000 time. Equipped with infrared source and ionization function. Has 3 operating modes, a timer. A multifunctional massager that has a healing effect on the feet and ankles.
- Gezatone Massage magic massager AMG711 – apparatus for vibro and shiatsu massage. It has 4 automatic programs, very convenient to use. The approximate cost of $ 129 – $ 136.
1. Lymphatic drainage boots Light Feet AMG709 from the company Gezatone – a device for massage, made in the form of boots. The exposure area of the device is the feet, lower leg, calf muscles. Massage is performed using pressure on the tissue. It has 2 types of programs. The cost of the massager is 7000 time.
2. Massage apparatus YAMAGUCHI Axiom Air Boots – imitates manual lymphatic drainage. Like the previous model, made in the form of boots.
- function of a separate effect on the feet and calves;
- 6 auto massage programs;
- exposure intensity adjustment;
The compact form of the massager is suitable for use outside the home. The cost of 16 000 time.
1. Massage apparatus Acupuncture FM-70 – a device for acupuncture and air-compression massage.
The massager is equipped with:
- 192 massage spikes;
- 4 air-compression pillows;
- 3 levels of speed for massage spikes;
- a timer;
- Manual adjustment of air pumping into massage pillows.
The approximate cost of 25000 time.
2. Massager for feet and ankles Bradex “Bliss” – an apparatus that provides acupuncture massage. Convenient and intuitive control panel. It is possible to independently select the intensity of the exposure and the treated area. It has 4 automatic programs and a heating function. The cost of the device is 4500 – 7500 time.
Toothed mechanical massagers are distinguished by their affordable cost and compact size. However, this does not detract from the benefits of their use. They are designed to massage the feet. The impact is with the help of rollers with teeth.
Massagers are made from special types of wood, some models are combined, with a plastic coating or inserts. Massage rollers are strung on metal axes. All wooden parts of the massager are coated with a special varnish, which increases their strength and durability.
1. The massager gear “abacus” Ergopower ER1003 is made in the form of bills, with two surfaces for massage. Rollers, 5 on each leg, have wooden and plastic wheels with spikes.
It is applied when:
- for rehabilitation therapy after fractures;
- with venous insufficiency;
- with general overwork.
The approximate cost of 900 – 1000 time.
2. The massager gear “abacus” Timbe – differs in the big size. Has massage surfaces for both legs. The rollers are made of Altai birch, 6 on each side. The cost of the massager is $ 16.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
Laser hair removal on the face and body – how it is performed, effectiveness, photos before and after, contraindications.
From flat feet
Before you buy a massager for the treatment of flat feet, you should consult your doctor.
For massage, both mechanical and automatic types of devices are suitable.
Mechanical massagers from flat feet are made in the form of:
- special rugs;
- hemispheres with massage protrusions.
- Hemisphere Massager – an approximate cost of 350 – 500 time.
- Needle massage balls on a stand – price $ 10,2.
- Balls or rollers for massage needles, can be purchased individually or in a kit. The cost of one ball is from $ 0,68 – $ 3,4, depending on the size and configuration.
- Massage rugs “sea stones” – the cost of the rug depends on the size, from 550 – 2500 time.
Of the automatic models for treating flat feet, roller models with vibration function are most suitable.
You should give preference to massage platforms that perform only foot massage:
- Roller foot massager Omega US-Medica – the cost of the device is $ 112. Convenient compact device is equipped with a speed controller, several massage modes, a timer.
- The Beurer FM16 roller foot massager is a compact device for one foot. Powered by batteries. The cost of 680 – 750 time.
For feet and ankles
1. The Massager Magic AMG711 Massager from Gezatone is an acquisition for those who wish to take care of their legs.
The device provides high-quality massage of the feet and ankles:
- equipped with 4 automatic programs;
- has a speed adjustment function;
- has a modern design.
Massage apparatus “Bliss” will help get rid of:
- migraine headaches;
- chronic fatigue in the legs and the whole body;
- muscle cramps and joint pain.
Regular use of the device will normalize the pressure, improve the psychological mood, give a good mood.
2. Takasima RK -868 vibro-massager for feet and ankles. The device provides kneading and vibration massage, there is a heating function. Automatic programs have 3 exposure levels. Estimated cost – 20000 time.
Massagers for legs effectively affect not only the massage area, but also the entire body.
At the end of the day, such a device will help to relax, relieve fatigue and stress, with its help it is possible to carry out wellness therapy and disease prevention.
This acquisition will not be a waste of money, on the contrary, it will become an investment in your own health. Having studied the rating of the best devices, you can decide and make the right choice that meets the needs.
Foot Massager Video
How to choose a foot massager: