In the gym there are many different simulators available that allow you to work out the muscles of the whole body. Exercising your back plays a key role, as you have the most stress on your back.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
Morning exercises for those over 40, 50. Gym exercises for weight loss, video tutorials.
- How is women’s back training different from men’s
- Rules for back training
- Features of creating a program for back training
- Basic training program for back in the gym
- With dumbbells
- To strengthen the lower back
- On the latissimus dorsi
- For the spine
- On the muscles of the upper dorsal
- To the middle section
- Lower Spine Exercises
- Contraindications Who should not be engaged
- Video about back workouts in the gym
How is women’s back training different from men’s
Exercising your back in the gym is different for women than exercising for men.
|Men’s training||Women’s training|
|1. For guys, the main goal of going to the gym is to build muscle.||1. Girls go to the gym to reduce weight and put their body in order.|
|2. Men get inflated and embossed torso faster.||2. Women need to make more efforts to achieve results.|
|3. Guys choose a heavier weight.||3. Girls take items of less weight, but can perform more repetitions.|
|4. Men are more likely to work with iron.||4. Women spend more time on simulators and use various gymnastic equipment in their training.|
|5. Guys do more exercises for the upper body.||5. Girls choose exercises aimed at developing and strengthening the muscles of the abs and buttocks. They pay less attention to the muscles of the back.|
Rules for back training
Back training in the gym has several recommendations:
- Exercise should be aimed at developing the entire musculature of the back.
- It is better to use equipment (dumbbells, weights, balls, barbell) in addition.
- It is necessary to control the execution technique.
- Do not ignore warm-up and stretching.
- Start with a little weight so as not to harm the spine.
- With each workout, you can increase the number of repetitions.
Features of creating a program for back training
Before you go to the gym, you need to develop a workout program. The best solution for beginners will be the help of a qualified trainer. The number of repetitions and the intensity of training depends on the level of physical development. Properly selected exercises will help to create a beautiful body, avoiding imbalance, and remove excess fat.
The set of exercises for girls in back training has its own characteristics:
- Since muscles swing more slowly, girls perform more repetitions.
- It is worth alternating strength exercises with cardio.
- Visiting the gym to exercise your back is best 3 times a week. During breaks, the body will have time to recover and relax.
- Girls need to perform more exercises on the lower back, but do not forget about the rest of the zone.
- It is necessary to clearly define the goal: weight loss or muscle building. The weight of the projectile and the intensity of the exercises depend on this.
- The duration of the training should be from 25 to 45 minutes.
- Do not force the training. Exercises are performed slowly. With any discomfort, you need to finish the lesson.
Basic training program for back in the gym
Training in the gym is aimed at developing and strengthening various back muscles. Therefore, the program must include various types of exercises.
An example of a program for girls to strengthen the muscular back corset:
|Day of the week||Exercise complex|
|Monday||1. Lifting a dumbbell with one hand in an incline of 2×15
2. Hyperextension 2×15
3. Ellipsoid 20 min.
4. Exercise with a vertical block 3×12
5. Exercise with a gymnastic roller 3×10.
|Wednesday||1. Press on the bench 2×20
2. Rowing 3×10
3. Treadmill 25 min.
4. Swing hands in a circle with 3×10 dumbbells
5. The 3×20 bridge.
|Thursday||1. Lifting dumbbells lying up 3×12
2. Slopes with a barbell on the shoulders 2×12
3. Ellipsoid 25 min.
4. Lifting dumbbells sitting 3×12
5. Stretching on the fitball.
|Saturday||1. Push-ups from the floor 2×15
2. Raising the shoulders with 3×10 dumbbells
3. Treadmill 25 min.
4. Horizontal pull-up 2×10
5. The boat 3×10.
Back training in the gym can be done with dumbbells:
1. Lifting a dumbbell with one hand in an incline:
- Lean on a bench with your right leg bent and a straight right hand. Take one dumbbell in the left hand and lower it down.
- When inhaling, pull the shell towards the chest.
- On the exhale, lower down.
- Do 15 repetitions and change sides.
2. Slopes with dumbbells:
- Take one dumbbell in each hand and place it in front of the hips. Become level and flatten the shoulder blades. Legs are a little apart.
- On inspiration, bend to the floor without bending your knees. Hands with a shell should be just below the knees.
- The back does not slouch and remains straight.
- On the exhale, carefully rise.
3. Lifting dumbbells in an incline:
- Grasp the inventory with tassels with a direct grip. Legs slightly apart, and tilt your straight back. Knees should be slightly bent.
- With a breath, pull your hands to the chest, bringing the shoulder blades.
- On exhalation, the limbs come back.
- Make 3 repetitions of 10-12 times.
4. Lifting dumbbells up lying:
- Lie on a bench or floor.
- In hands bent at the elbows at an angle of 90 °, take the projectile.
- With the inhalation of the limbs with inventory raise up.
- In this position, linger for a couple of seconds.
- As you exhale, slowly return your arms back.
5. Squats with dumbbells:
- Legs slightly apart.
- Take one shell in each hand. Limbs lower along the torso.
- Squats are performed on the exhale with a straight back. Dumbbells should touch the floor.
- Return on inspiration to the initial stance.
To strengthen the lower back
When performing an exercise for the lower back, you do not need to strain it much and bend it so that there is no discomfort:
1. Raising the opposite leg and arm:
- Get on all fours. The palms are pressed to the floor.
- Raise your right arm and left bent leg at the same time.
- In this state, stand 3-5 seconds. and lower the limbs.
- Repeat the exercise with your left hand and right bent leg.
- Make 2-3 sets of 10-16 lifts.
- Lie on the floor, on the stomach. Stretch your arms forward in front of you.
- Raise the upper and lower limbs, as well as the head. The back should bend slightly, and the pelvis and stomach remain pressed on the floor.
- Hold out for 5 seconds. and go to rest.
- Perform 2 sets of 10 reps with rest between sets.
- Need to lie on your back. Bend your legs at the knees. Hands are pressed to the floor along the body.
- On the exhale, raise the pelvis.
- Stand in this position for 2-3 seconds. and slowly descend on a breath.
- 2-3 sets with 20-30 reps.
- Unlike conventional scissors, this exercise is performed while lying on your stomach.
- Put your head on your elbows bent. The limbs are pressed to the floor.
- Raise your legs a little and start making scissors. One leg will be slightly lower than the other.
- Complete 2 sets of 20 reps.
- Lie on your stomach on a special bench in the gym and fix your legs. You can use a fitball, then you will need the help of a coach who will fix your legs.
- Hands can be placed behind the head or crossed on the chest.
- Lift the body, but you do not need to bend your back much.
- Hold for 2-3 seconds.
- Slow down.
- The number of repetitions is from 10 to 15.
On the latissimus dorsi
Training aimed at working with the broadest muscles of the back makes it more prominent and wider:
1. Inclination of the bar:
- Take a barbell in your hands and place it in front of your hips. Legs are a little apart.
- The straight back is tilted.
- When inhaling, the bar is pulled to the stomach.
- When exhaling slowly return back.
- Complete 10-20 times in one set.
- Hands grasp the horizontal bar with a reverse grip. Cross the lower limbs and bend.
- Slowly catching up on a breath, without throwing back your head. The chin should touch the crossbar.
- Fix for 2-4 seconds. and slowly descend.
- Perform the exercise 10-15 times in one approach.
3. Leverage the dumbbells to the side in an incline:
- Clasp the shell with tassels with a direct grip. Spread your legs a bit and tilt your straight back. Knees should be in a slightly bent position.
- On inhaling, spread your arms apart like wings. The back does not bend.
- On the exhale, lower the limbs to the starting position.
- Complete 3 sets of 10-12 times.
4. Standing barbell lift:
- The projectile must be wrapped in a straight grip and fixed in front of the hips.
- On inhalation, the arms are bent at the elbows, the bar leans against the chest and almost reaches the chin.
- Stay in this position for 3-4 seconds.
- As you exhale, lower your hands with your inventory.
5. Extension using a block:
- The simulator selects the desired weight.
- Grab the bar with a direct grip and place it near the chest.
- Feet put a little apart. The body is in a slightly inclined position.
- Lower the crossbar, without taking your elbows from the body.
- When inhaling, return the hands to the starting position.
For the spine
When performing exercises on the spine, you can get a beautiful posture and get rid of back pain:
1. Lifting shoulders with dumbbells:
- Spread your legs a little, keep your back straight.
- Take a shell in each hand and lower them along the body.
- Slowly raise your shoulders up.
- With an exhale, lower your shoulders.
- Perform 2 sets of 10-15 repetitions.
2. Hand swings in a circle:
- Become comfortable, put your feet at a distance of about 7’9 inch from each other.
- Hands, with dumbbells clamped in the hands, lift up and set aside.
- Make 5 circular rotations in one direction and change direction.
3. Lifting a dumbbell while sitting:
- Sit on a chair and press the body to the back.
- Hands with inventory bent at an angle of 90 °.
- Extremities slowly move up and fix for 3 seconds.
- Complete 2 sets of 10-14 reps.
< li>After lower to the starting position.
4. Lifting the dumbbell lying:
- Lie down on the bench. It is possible on the floor.
- Raise your arms with dumbbells at right angles.
- Hold for 3 sec. and move back.
- Complete 2 sets of 8-12 repetitions.
5. Cat pose:
- Get on all fours. Arms and legs are slightly apart.
- When exhaling, round the back and raise it, and lower the head. The chin should touch the chest.
- On inspiration, raise your head and bend your back.
- Make 10 times and at the last repetition linger in each position for 5-8 seconds.
On the muscles of the upper dorsal
Strengthened back muscles support the spine and help to avoid overloading it:
1. Flexion of the upper limbs with dumbbells behind the head:
- Become comfortable. Hands with inventory raised above the head.
- On exhalation, limbs bend at the elbows behind the head and fix for 3 seconds.
- On inspiration, return to the starting position.
- Make 2 sets from breaks of 10-15 repetitions.
2. Work with blades:
- Become comfortable and straighten your back.
- Place your hands behind your head.
- When inhaling, take your elbows back a little and bring the shoulder blades.
- Return to the initial expiratory stance.
3. Push ups:
- Lie down on your stomach. The palms should be slightly wider than the shoulders.
- Feet rest on socks.
- Lower your torso by bending your elbows. The chest should not touch the floor.
- Rise slowly up.
- Make 2 sets of 15-20 repetitions.
4. Exercise with a vertical block:
- Set the necessary weight on the simulator and sit down. Knees should rest against a special rack.
- The back is bent a little back.
- With a wide grip, grab the bar and lower it to the chest.
- Straighten your arms with the bar with a breath.
- Complete 10-14 reps in 3 sets.
5. Shrugs with a barbell:
- Take a comfortable position. With both hands, grab the bar with a direct grip and position it at the level of the hips.
- Raise your shoulders and stand for 2-4 seconds.
- Slowly lower back.
- Do 10 times and 2 sets.
To the middle section
A few examples that will help you work on your middle back:
- Take a seat on a special rowing machine.
- Bent legs are on the ledges, hands clasped the bar.
- The body should be slightly tilted forward.
- Kick off Hands with the neck should be near the abdomen.
- The back at this moment leans back.
- Return to starting position.
2. Horizontal pull-up on the horizontal bar:
- Grasp the horizontal bar so that it is located at chest level.
- Hands should be straight and heels should be on the floor.
- Pull the body to the horizontal bar when exhaling, reduce the scapula.
- Hold for 3 sec. and straighten your arms.
- Complete 2 sets of 10 reps.
3. Pulling up in a mixed way:
- With one hand, take the bar with a direct grip, with the other with the reverse.
- Bent legs crossed.
- Pull up until the chin touches the bar.
- Slow down slowly.
- Complete 2 sets with 10 repetitions.
4. Lift barbell lying:
- Lie on your stomach on a bench. Legs are also on it.
- Grasp the bar under the bench and raise it.
- At the upper point, fix for 2-4 seconds. and lower it.
- Repeat for 2 sets 10-15 times.
5. Stretching the muscles of the middle back:
- Become level, legs set apart.
- Clasp your hands in front of you so that your fingers are inside the ring.
- Hands reach forward and stand like this for 5 to 10 seconds.
- Relax and do 5 reps.
Lower Spine Exercises
In exercises that work on the lower back, additional equipment is actively used:
1. Stretching on the fitball:
- Lie with your back on the ball. The arms in front rest against the floor, and the legs in the back keep balance.
- The back and neck should completely relax on the fitball.
- Do a few repetitions.
2. Exercise with a gymnastic roller:
- Get on your knees. Tassels clasp a gymnastic roller.
- Start moving it forward to an acceptable length.
- After that, you need to roll it back.
3. Press on the bench:
- Lie down on a bench, on your back. The knees rest against a special crossbar, and the feet are on the floor.
- Hands folded behind the head.
- Raise your torso without tearing your back. The head should not stretch.
- Sit down on a bench as you exhale.
- Make 2 sets with a break of 15-20 exercises.
- To stand straight, legs at a distance a little narrower than the shoulders.
- Clasped hands folded behind his head.
- Tilt your back forward so that it becomes parallel to the floor. The loin should not be bent. Elbows do not move.
- Rise back.
- Make 2 sets with 15 repetitions.
5. Slopes with a barbell on the shoulders:
- Take the barbell and place it on your shoulders. Pull the chest forward a little.
- Tilt your back, do not tear your legs off the floor. Knees should be slightly bent.
- Get up and repeat another 10-12 times.
Contraindications Who should not be engaged
Workout backs in the gym, like any other fitness load, is not shown to everyone.
Do not perform exercises for people who have:
- postoperative period;
- bronchial asthma;
- problems with the heart and blood vessels;
- joint problems
- back pain;
- diseases of the musculoskeletal system;
Workout in the gym helps to make the back muscle corset stronger and better under the supervision of a trainer. This will help various variations in the performance of exercises on simulators and gymnastic equipment.
Video about back workouts in the gym
A set of exercises for the back: