The procedure for manual facial cleansing allows you to eliminate impurities located in the deep layers of the skin. During the session, the cosmetologist removes accumulations of sebum and dust particles from the pores that impede the free flow of oxygen and nutrients into the tissues.
- Indications for manual cosmetology
- What is the difference between mechanical and ultrasonic facial cleansing
- Types of Manual Cleaning
- Advantages and disadvantages of mechanical manual facial cleansing
- Facial Cleansing
- Stages of the procedure
- Skin condition after the procedure and possible complications
- Skin care after manual skin cleansing
- The cost of the procedure and how often you can do
- Facial Cleansing Video
Indications for manual cosmetology
Manual face cleaning (manual cosmetologist manual removal of sebaceous plugs can act as an independent procedure or be part of a 12-stage peeling) is a deep cleansing of the skin from dead cells, dirt, fatty deposits.
In the process of manual manipulations with the use of tools (“Uno spoons”, “Vidal needles”), the specialist softens the keratinized upper layer (to open the pores), removes the grease film and deep-seated greasy plugs, which prevent air exchange and nutrient intake. A direct indication for mechanical cleansing is the appearance of acne.
Manual cleaning helps to get rid of acne for a long time, improve the color and texture of the face. The salon procedure is very traumatic, coupled with strong discomfort. It is carried out strictly by a cosmetologist with the use of disinfectants.
What is the difference between mechanical and ultrasonic facial cleansing
Beauty clinics offer various options for cleansing the skin. In addition to manual face cleaning, requiring the use of a minimum number of devices and equipment, an ultrasound procedure performed using the apparatus is presented to the services of customers.
In the process of ultrasonic cleaning, the upper layer of the epidermis is cleaned of dead tissue by ultrasonic waves that destroy dead cells.
Advantages of the hardware technique:
- the absence of skin injury and the possibility of infection, in violation of the process;
- the exception of the appearance of redness, swelling of the tissues;
- enrichment of cells with oxygen, improvement of collagen formation and blood circulation after a course of procedures.
Unlike manual, the cleaning performed by the ultrasound apparatus is not able to act in the deep layers of the dermal layer of the skin. For complete cleansing, a course consisting of 3-5 cosmetic sessions, prescribed with a frequency of 4-5 days, is required.
A distinctive feature of ultrasonic exposure is cell micromassage, leading to increased production of collagen, reducing age-related changes. After a course of cleansing with ultrasound on the skin, smoothing of facial wrinkles occurs, the complexion and general condition of the tissues improve.
Do not miss the most popular heading:
Hyaluronic acid in tablets. Benefits, how to take, reviews of doctors and effectiveness.
Types of Manual Cleaning
Facial cleansing is a necessary procedure carried out to eliminate excess sebum and impurities, closing pores, interfering with the nutrition and hydration of cells.
Beauty salons offer:
- Mechanical (manual) facial cleansing is a very traumatic procedure carried out with Uno hands and spoons. During the session, the steamed skin is cleansed by squeezing acne and acne. The process of eliminating pollution is accompanied by pain, but allows you to remove inflammation, eliminating the cause of acne.
- Atraumatic cleansing by special preparations that dissolve sebum. The procedure is completely painless, it is recommended at any age, it allows you to clean the cells of the epidermis from accumulated impurities.
- Ultrasonic cleaning that eliminates sebaceous plugs through exposure to ultrasonic waves. In addition to removing the accumulated products of the activity of the sebaceous glands to the surface, micromassage of tissues is performed during the procedure, which causes the effective production of collagen. The session has a strong lifting effect.
Vacuum cleaning with a special tube that draws sebum from the pores. The operation is non-traumatic and painless. It is accompanied by an improvement in blood circulation, an increase in skin tone.
- Galvanic cleaning , characterized by the dissolution of fatty deposits through the action of low-frequency current. Sebaceous particles, released from the pores, are converted into soap, and then removed by the cosmetologist from the surface of the tissues.
- ANA peels – and fruit acids. Shown for all ages. They help gently remove pollution by dissolving the stratum corneum of the skin with preparations with trichloroacetic acid, phenol. Cosmetic service requires mandatory preliminary preparation (daily application of glycolic acid on the skin for a week).
Facial, breast and decollete tissues are cleaned. Owners of oily skin, the procedure must be repeated at least 1 time in 1.5-2 months.
Manual face cleaning (with a cosmetologist, the procedure is accompanied by preliminary skin cleansing) is indicated when it appears on parts of the body.
- acne, deep-seated comedones;
- inflammatory skin processes, accompanied by the formation of acne;
- Wen, superficial pyoderma;
- enlarged, heavily clogged with sebum and mud pores;
- unhealthy (reddish) shade of tissues;
- reduced elasticity of the dermal layer.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
Plasma lifting face – what it is, how it is carried out, results, photos before and after the procedure.
Manual face cleansing (the cosmetologist’s procedure is preceded by makeup remover and manipulations leading to the opening of pores) is contraindicated for persons suffering.
- viral hepatitis;
- fragility of blood vessels;
- allergic reactions accompanied by the appearance of eczema mi psoriasis; < /li>
- diseases of the circulatory system;
- skin sensitivity;
- cardiovascular pathologies;
- bronchial asthma.
Women should not be cleaned during:
- menstrual bleeding.
A high pain threshold is not an absolute contraindication. However, patients who are acutely sensitive to pain should refrain from mechanical cleansing.
Advantages and disadvantages of mechanical manual facial cleansing
Manual cleaning is a very effective procedure that allows you to cleanse and improve your skin. The process of mechanical cleansing (like any cosmetic manipulation) has its pros and cons.
- elimination of pollution accumulated in the depths of the epidermis;
- skin healing, leveling relief, improved blood circulation, which appear after the completion of the session and after-treatment recovery;
- normalization of sebaceous gland activity, accompanied by a decrease in sebum secretion;
- low cost of the procedure.
- the appearance during cleaning of severe pain caused by pressure on the nerve endings;
- high invasiveness of the procedure, accompanied by redness of the skin, possible swelling;
- the risk of tissue infection arising from a violation of cleaning technology and sanitary rules;
- the need for a long (5-6 days) rehabilitation process with the mandatory treatment of tissues with Chlorhexidine or Miramistin.
Manual removal of body fat consists of the preparatory stage and the cleansing procedure itself.
During preparation, the beautician:
- Disinfects hands, sterilizes devices necessary for cleaning, in order to prevent infection of the client with pathogenic bacteria, puts on disposable gloves.
- Carries out face make-up with tonic or scrubbing lotion to remove makeup and surface contaminants.
- It exposes the skin to steam or applies a warming mask designed to open the pores. If the patient has rosacea, vascular networks, cold dehydrogenation is carried out.
- Carries out preparatory peeling with fruit acids to remove the dead top layer.
- Carries out brooming (treatment of softened skin with rotating brushes with sterile nozzles).
Stages of the procedure
Manual cleaning should not last more than 1 hour. No more than 20 minutes should be spent on the treatment of each area. Otherwise, there will be a narrowing and closing of the pores, which will lead to increased pain and possible infection.
At the beginning of cleaning (after softening the stratum corneum), the cosmetologist disinfects the skin with Chlorhexidine, and then a strainer removes the oily film from the inflamed area. On the cleared gap is placed a “spoon Uno.” By pressing on the device, the specialist forces the sebaceous plugs to come to the surface of the skin.
Hand movements are directed strictly against the flow of the excretory ducts:
- in zone-T – from bottom to top;
- on the wings of the nose – from the beginning to the back;
on the cheeks – from the outer part to the middle.
If it is impossible to remove fat with tools, the specialist wraps his hands with sterile wipes and eliminates contamination with a simple pressure on the skin. Instruments and tissues are constantly treated with Chlorhexidine (a measure helps prevent infection). Deep-seated comedones require expansion of the sebaceous duct using the Vidal needle.
The device is placed in the center of pollution, the cork is squeezed out by pressing. Whiteheads are first pierced and then removed with tools. At the end of cleaning, the skin is wiped with disinfectants, lubricated with a soothing gel, selected according to the type of skin. In some salons, the final stage is a mask aimed at narrowing the pores.
In the presence of severe impurities, mechanical cleaning is supplemented by vacuum exposure or galvanization, designed to remove deep-seated fat deposits.
In case of impossible one-time complete cleansing due to severely inflamed skin, the presence of chronic acne, a second session is prescribed, conducted with a difference of 14 days.
Skin condition after the procedure and possible complications
After mechanical cleansing, the skin has a red, inflamed appearance. In the first 1-2 days, increased activity of the sebaceous glands is noted, normalizing over time. On the 3rd day, redness disappears, giving way to a feeling of dryness, accompanied by peeling and itching. After 5-7 days, the skin completely calms down. The person acquires a healthy look, acne, inflammation disappear.
Manual cleaning is fraught with the appearance after procedural complications arising from:
- violation by the cosmetologist of the technology of the service;
- neglect of contraindications;
- the client has very sensitive facial skin;
- the appearance of an allergy to the composition of cosmetics and tools used in cleansing;
- infection during treatment or during post-treatment care;
- non-compliance with the rules of disinfection and facial cleansing during the session;
- spontaneous patient refusal of necessary care in the post-procedural period.
Kinds of consequences:
- Red spots . Redness disappears on the 2nd day after completion of the procedure. When stains are preserved, cold compresses from medicinal herbs (chamomile, calendula) and Bepanten ointment are prescribed for a long time.
- Swelling . Spontaneously disappears on the 2-3rd day. Requires diuretic drugs.
- Hematomas . Appear due to the excessively applied efforts of a cosmetologist. They are treated with heparin ointment, chestnut herbal tea.
- Inflammatory processes and infections. They arise due to the ingress of pathogenic microorganisms in the absence of the necessary disinfection of the skin. Eliminated by antibacterial ointments and drugs, alcohol lotions.
- Allergic reactions that appear on the components of cosmetics and tools used in cleansing. Stopped by antihistamines.
Too active actions of a cosmetologist can provoke the formation of scars on the skin. Appear
ed scars are removed by hardware procedures. The occurrence of complications requires an urgent appeal to a dermatologist and the appointment of appropriate treatment.
Skin care after manual skin cleansing
Immediately after completion of the procedure, you can not go outside. It takes 30-40 minutes. sit in the cabin to completely close the pores.
For 5-7 days due to inflamed skin, you need to carefully care for:
- Daily (at least 3-4 times a day) lubricate the tissues of the face with a solution of Chlorhexidine (Miramistin) to disinfect and prevent infection.
- Once every 3 days, make masks of blue clay to eliminate pollution, soothe the epidermis, and even out skin relief.
For a week, after the completion of the manual cleaning procedure, you should forget:
- on the use of decorative cosmetics;
- about the color of eyebrows, hair, eyelashes;
- about visiting a bathhouse, sauna, jacuzzi, pool;
- about playing sports in the gym.
Do not touch the skin, do not expose it to UV rays.
In order to avoid infection, open water bodies, pools with chlorinated water should be avoided. It should be washed only with special thermal fluid, without using tap water. If an infection occurs and a long time of redness, swelling, and hematomas persist, it is necessary to consult a dermatologist for the appointment of treatment.
The cost of the procedure and how often you can do
The cost of the manual cleansing procedure depends on the, the location of the salon, the qualifications of the cosmetologist. The average price of a service in the of USA varies from $ 8 – $ 34. The cost of ultrasonic cleaning is from $ 20 – $ 61. per session.
For thorough cleansing of the face, it is necessary to conduct ultrasonic cleansing with a course (3-5 procedures with an interval of 3-4 days). Mechanical cleaning is carried out once, deeply cleanses the pores, has a long-lasting effect.
Frequency of manual removal of fatty plugs:
|Sensitive skin||Not more than once every 3 months|
|Oily skin||Monthly. In the case of chronic pollution, a large amount of acne, blackheads, a course consisting of 2-3 procedures, carried out with an interval of 14 days, is prescribed. After complete cleansing, a subsequent session is recommended no earlier than 2.5 months|
|Normal combination skin||Once in 2-2.5 months|
Effective manual facial cleansing is a cosmetology procedure that is prescribed to eliminate excess subcutaneous fat, dust particles lying in the deep skin layers.
After the cleansing process, the face acquires a healthy appearance, the relief is leveled, acne disappears. Tissues are capable of breathing and absorbing nutrients used to prevent age-related changes.
Facial Cleansing Video
Recommendations for home and salon care: