Long-term styling is a great way to forget for a while about daily styling with a curling hair of any length, including long ones. Masters note that the procedure is almost harmless to the hair.
- What is the difference between long-term styling and perm
- Who needs long-term styling
- How long does styling last
- Types of long-term styling
- Permanent styling technique
- Features of long-term styling for short hair
- Long hair styling
- Features of long-term styling on medium hair
- Carving – styling with large curls
- How to make long-term styling at home
- Do I need to wash my hair before long-term styling
- Pros and cons of long-term styling
- Long Hair Styling Video
What is the difference between long-term styling and perm
Stylists say that between a perm and a long styling, despite the similarity of the execution technique, there are a number of significant differences that bring the latter service to the first place:
- Means that are used for long-term styling do not harm the color of the hair, the strands and skin themselves.
- The composition with which the hair is treated restores them.
- With a perm, the curls resemble dolls. In carving, on the contrary, curls look natural.
- After perming, the choice of hairstyle is clearly limited – this is curls. This can not be said about carving – you can straighten hair or make light waves if elastic curls are no longer liked.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
Fashionable hair colors this year. Photos and trends of hairdressing.
Who needs long-term styling
Long-term styling is a great way to keep your desired hairstyle for a long time.
But you have to refuse it if the hair:
- weakened and fall out in large numbers;
- shorter than 2 inch or longer than 8’7 inch;
- too hard;
- were painted less than 2 weeks ago.
How long does styling last
Having done long-term styling for long hair, you can forget about daily styling for 4-8 weeks. During this period, the curls will gradually straighten. But a clear border on the treated and regrown hair will not be noticeable.
The length of the styling preservation period is determined by the components of the composition with which the hair is treated. After the strands have returned to their natural form, you can repeat the styling procedure. But stylists recommend resting your hair for at least 2-3 months.
Types of long-term styling
Long-term styling for long hair is divided into several types, depending on the shape of the curler used in the procedure:
- Bobbin – used to create a small springy curls;
- spirals – with their help, elastic curls similar to a spiral are formed;
- boomerang (scooter) – needed to create curls of different diameters;
- large curlers with which wavy strands are created in the style of Hollywood stars.
Carving is also classified by the method of curling:
- Traditional carving , in which the master winds the hair in such a way that as a result you get uniform curls along the entire length.
- Vertical carving , in which the master uses vertical curlers. The result is a bunch of curly curls and an amazing volume. Unlike traditional carving, vertical can be done on short hair and curls of medium length.
- Volumetric carving or local winding will allow you to get the desired volume without changing the usual hairstyle. In this form, the hair is wound locally – at the roots or at the tips.
- Texturing is a type of carving that will allow you to get an original hairstyle created according to an individual style. With this type of curl, curlers are created using curlers.
Permanent styling technique
The long-term installation procedure takes 1.5–2 hours, during which time the master will do the following:
- analyze the structure and type of hair;
- select the necessary composition;
- conduct a test to identify an allergic reaction to the components of the composition;
- will divide hair into locks and fix them;
- will process each strand with the composition and wind them;
- re-treats the hair with the composition, after all the strands are wound on curlers or whooping cough;
- apply a fixative to the strands;
- removes curlers 10 minutes after applying the fixative and rinses the hair with plenty of water.
Features of long-term styling for short hair
Owners of short hair can not afford all the variety of hairstyles that are easily accessible to girls with long hair. Long-term styling is an exception to this rule. With the length of the hair to the shoulders, you can make light waves or curls. In this case, bulk carving or texturing is suitable.
Stylists note that carving will look great on such hairstyles as a bob-car, cascade, one-sided asymmetry and hairstyles with thick bangs.
When carving for short hair, spirals, boomerangs and large curlers are used.
Long hair styling
Long styling for long hair is performed in a variety of species, so the owners of such curls can afford both small curls in the African style and large curls in Hollywood.
Depending on the wishes of the client, when carving for long hair, masters use:
- whooping cough;
- large curlers;
Stylists note that such hair should not be curled along the entire length, since the strands quickly straighten under their own weight. To get a neat hairstyle, you need to make curls at the ends or limit yourself to an increase in the volume of the root zone. In order for the result to remain for a long time, and the hair remains healthy, it is important to properly care for them after the procedure.
Features of long-term styling on medium hair
Masters recommend 3 types of carving to girls with medium-length hair:
- vertical with tight curls;
- lung with an increase in the volume of the basal zone and light waves at the ends;
- combined, which is selected individually and made using several types of curlers.
For carving for medium hair length are used:
- whooping cough;
- large curlers.
After the procedure, you do not need to wash, comb your hair or apply any care products to them.
Carving – styling with large curls
For styling with large curls, masters use large-diameter curlers. This hairstyle is most suitable for owners of long hair. Due to the fact that on long hair, strands quickly unwind under their own weight, the masters recommend doing local carving – wind the hair on the lower half of the strands or limit it to the tips. Both options will look natural and well-groomed.
To save the result for a long time, the masters advise:
- special care products for hair subjected to carving;
- refuse to comb with rare teeth and do not comb hair for at least 3 days after the procedure;
- refuse to use hair dryers and pads;
- 2 times a week to do various types of restoring masks.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
Fashionable bob haircut for medium hair. Photo, front and rear view.
Bio-curling is a modern alternative to classic perms. Unlike the latter, bio-curling does not spoil the hair. This is due to the fact that the composition of the drug, which is treated with hair, includes cystaminohydrochloride instead of thioglycolic acid and ammonia.
This substance has a similar structure to cystine, a protein that is part of the hair, so the curls after the procedure are restored, filled with healthy shine and beauty. The effect of biowaving lasts up to 6 months.
Due to the peculiarities of biowaving, it can be done after dyeing, highlighting, bleaching and after perming, and not just on natural and healthy hair.
Today, craftsmen offer many types of bio-curling. The most popular are:
- With silk proteins that make even lifeless hair soft and smooth. This species is the most gentle and safe.
- Italian wave, which allows you to get tight curls. This type is suitable not only for long, but also for short hair.
- Japanese perm is suitable for medium and long hair, as it allows you to get curls and medium fixation waves. The composition of the product, which is treated with hair, includes collagen and many other components that restore and retain moisture inside the hair.
How to make long-term styling at home
Long-term styling is one of the salon procedures that can be performed on hair of any length, including long, at home. To do this, you need a set for carving, which includes a plastic hat and a towel.
To get an excellent result, you need to follow these steps:
- Wash your hair and dry it slightly with a towel.
- Divide all the hair into locks of the desired volume and wind them into bobbins or curlers.
- Dip the applicator into the tool from the carving kit and carefully process each strand.
- Put a hat on your head, wrap your head in a towel and stand the time specified in the instructions for the set.
- Wash your hair without shampoo, without removing the bobbin or curlers from the hair after the time is up.
- Apply a fixative to the hair and maintain the time allotted in the instructions.
- Unroll curlers.
- Wash hair again without shampoo and dry naturally.
Do I need to wash my hair before long-term styling
Stylists note that the procedure for long-term styling is done exclusively on clean hair.
This is due to the fact that when washing off the product, the use of shampoo is excluded, and you can wash your hair only 3 days after the procedure.
But when washing hair before carving, you need to consider several nuances:
- The head needs to be washed a day before the procedure to restore the necessary level of a protective layer of natural fat, which is secreted by the sebaceous glands of the skin on the head.
- In addition to washing, 2-3 weeks before the procedure it is important to restore health with the help of various masks, balms and oils.
- The tips need to be trimmed if they are split.
If for some reason you can’t wash your hair the day before the procedure, you can do this before the procedure.
But so that long-term styling does not harm the hair, you need:
- use a shampoo with a neutral pH;
- wash your hair once, without a balm and without a hard massage of the skin;
- exclude the use of hair dryers and brushes, as the hair dryer can dry the scalp, and the brush will damage the hair cuticle. The best way out in this situation is to dry your hair naturally, and then comb it with a comb with rare teeth.
Pros and cons of long-term styling
Long-term styling will allow you to forget for a while about styling with a hairdryer, ironing and curling iron and will allow long hair to relax.
The procedure has many advantages:
- Carving can be done on any type of hair.
- The composition that is applied to the hair during styling includes useful components such as plant extracts and oils. This allows you not to injure the scalp, not to dry the hair, to preserve the natural color.
- Stylists call this method safe and gentle thanks to the means used in the process.
- Hair straightens gradually, without losing its spectacular appearance.
- With long-term styling, you can not refuse other hairstyles – you can straighten hair, curl, do mischievous curls.
- Carving can be done independently, at home.
Despite a number of significant advantages, the procedure also has several significant disadvantages:
- Despite the fact that carving uses gentle preparations, after using them, it is highly likely that the hair will begin to cut off.
- The composition used has a specific smell, which is then captured for some time, especially after washing the hair.
- In the reviews of the client who tried carving, they noted that after the procedure, a slight hair loss began.
- Long-term styling is one of the most expensive procedures in hairdressing.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
Fashionable bob cut for short hair. Photo, front and rear view.
Doing long-term styling on hai
r of any length, including long, is not recommended if:
- on the scalp there are ulcers, wounds;
- hair is damaged;
- 2 weeks prior to the procedure, was highlighted, discolored, stained with basma or henna;
- there is an allergy to any components of the styling composition;
- the client is pregnant, breastfeeding, taking hormones or antibiotics.
Long-term styling allows you to create persistent natural looking curls on long, medium and short hair, at the same time without limiting the choice of hairstyles.
Long Hair Styling Video
What is a biowave. Expert opinion: