Laser liposuction of the abdomen is a cosmetic procedure that involves the removal of fatty deposits, as well as an effective fight against overweight.
Laser removal of fat deposits in the abdomen is an innovative method that minimizes trauma to epithelial tissues and accelerates the restoration of subcutaneous tissue. This is evidenced by the positive reviews of patients.
The procedure is carried out in plastic clinics and specialized medical centers that have permits for the provision of services of this type. The procedure of laser liposuction of the abdomen is carried out by a plastic surgeon who has a specialized education, relevant qualifications and experience in this area.
The average cost of removing excess fat from the abdomen varies from the area of the body that will be processed by the laser. If liposuction is subject to 1-2 zones of the body on the sides, then the price for this service is from $ 204 – $ 408. The cost of laser liposuction from 2 to 8 zones of the abdomen with total removal of adipose tissue is from $ 408 – $ 1632.
Advantages and disadvantages
Laser liposuction of the abdomen is a simple plastic surgery that is performed under sterile conditions in the manipulation room. Reviews about getting rid of body fat using this procedure indicate a high degree of effectiveness of lipolysis with laser equipment. Despite this, liposuction of this type has the following positive and negative sides.
|The operation to remove body fat with a laser is performed under the influence of local anesthesia, or with the help of drugs, the patient is immersed in a medical dream. Thanks to this, the treatment process takes place without pain, and the patient’s body recovers 2-3 times faster.||In the event that laser liposuction was performed on a body with loose and stretched skin, then repeated surgery may be required. Moreover, the restoration of epithelial tissues will not occur so quickly. That is why all patients must undergo a preliminary external examination by a dermatologist.|
|Before starting laser liposuction, minimal skin incisions are made, which are no more than 1/32 – 3/32 inch. After that, a laser probe is introduced into the subcutaneous space. Damage to epithelial tissues is minimal. It is possible to avoid hemorrhages and the formation of large hematomas.||The onset of the final positive effect of laser liposuction is observed after 2-3 months. this amount of time is necessary for uniform smoothing of the skin surface, as well as restoration of subcutaneous tissue.|
|Using a laser makes it possible to carry out uniform removal of fat, as well as to exclude the possibility of the formation of subcutaneous voids and pits. After lipolysis is completed, the surface of the abdomen becomes smooth and even, which is not always possible to achieve with the help of classical liposuction by the method of pumping fat.||In the postoperative period, a number of significant restrictions will be required. For example, regularly wear special compression underwear that prevents stretch marks and accelerates the process of contracting stretched epithelial tissues.|
|During the use of laser equipment, traumatic damage to nerve endings and blood vessels is not allowed. Due to this, it is possible to avoid a large number of postoperative complications.||During the healing and restoration of tissues, it may be necessary to take antibacterial agents. Especially if an infection was introduced during lipolysis. There is always a risk of infection of tissues with bacterial microorganisms. Especially if the procedure is carried out by a specialist with low professional qualifications.|
|The use of laser liposuction stimulates the production of collagen. The skin surface of the abdomen, which has been exposed to a laser probe, is pulled 2-3 times faster, and also acquires the same elasticity as soon as possible. After 2 months. all signs of surgery disappear.||As in the case of liposuction using the classical surgical method, the introduction of a laser probe can result in perforation of the abdominal cavity. The occurrence of such a situation is possible due to a medical error or equipment malfunction.|
|Removing body fat with laser equipment is equally effective, both from the sides and from the front of the abdomen. The probe, which is inserted into the subcutaneous space, is able to take various angles of inclination.||Artificial removal of body fat is stress for the whole body, which can provoke a violation of metabolic processes. The development of the reverse situation is not excluded, when after laser liposuction re-accumulation of adipose tissue occurs.|
The advantages and disadvantages of this procedure are explained to all patients who undergo laser liposuction. The traditional removal of body fat using classical liposuction with surgical equipment causes more severe injury to the epithelial tissues and subcutaneous space.
The main indication for laser liposuction of the abdomen is the presence of excess fat deposits, which are located on the sides and from the front of the body.
The need for this procedure may arise in connection with weight gain after the birth of a child, as a result of imbalance in sex hormones, abuse of foods that are rich in animal fats, as well as fast carbohydrates. The presence of direct indications for laser liposuction should be determined by the doctor.
Laser liposuction of the abdomen (reviews of this procedure indicate its high efficiency and rapid tissue repair) is an operation to remove body fat, which has the following contraindications.
Contraindications to the procedure:
- state of pregnancy and lactation of a newborn baby;
- diseases of the blood and hemopoietic system, which cause a change in its cellular, biochemical composition, a violation of the coagulation process;
- the presence of diabetes of all types;
- inguinal or umbilical hernia;
- decreased protective functions of the immune system;
- malignant tumors, regardless of the organ and the type of their localization;
- acute or chronic renal failure;
- severe liver disease;
- foci of chronic infection or inflammatory disease;
- heart diseases.
Previous surgery, wound surfaces of the skin of the abdomen, wearing a pacemaker, is also a contraindication to laser liposuction. According to the results of the preliminary examination, the attending physician may find other grounds that exclude the possibility of lipolysis.
What examinations you need to pass
Laser liposuction of the abdomen (reviews of this method of treating obesity indicate the safety of this procedure) is a minimally invasive surgical operation that requires preliminary diagnosis of the body.
A patient who wants to get rid of body fat with a laser needs to undergo the following examinations:
- blood pressure measurement – eliminates the risk of hypertension and unstable state of blood vessels;
- palpation of the abdominal cavity – for the timely detection of a hernia;
- capillary blood – is collected from the bundles of the ring finger to perform its clinical research;
- venous blood – is subject to biochemical analysis for the possible determination of hormonal imbalance, infectious diseases of the body;
CG – to determine the state of heart health.
A plastic surgeon who will perform laser lipolysis may require the patient to undergo additional types of diagnostics. For example, if a person has concomitant diseases of internal organs that can go into a state of exacerbation.
Laser liposuction of the abdomen (surgical reviews are positive) is a treatment procedure that requires the following preparation rules to be followed.
- the last meal should take place no later than 8 hours before the appointed time for surgery;
- 3 days before the date of lipolysis is prohibited to drink alcohol;
- in 30 minutes Before the start of the process of removing body fat with a laser, it is allowed to drink no more than 6,76 fluid ounce of water;
- the last cigarette must be smoked no later than 40 minutes. before laser liposuction;
- 3 days before the date of the scheduled operation, it is necessary to stop taking medications, or else notify the attending physician about the drug therapy;
- 48 hours before laser liposuction, avoid heavy physical exertion and nervous strain.
The optimal period for laser lipolysis of the abdomen is the morning period from 08-30 to 11-00 hours. During the preparation for laser surgery, the attending physician may draw up an additional list of recommendations, the implementation of which minimizes the risk of negative consequences and complications.
How is the procedure
When the preparation period for laser lipolysis is completed, the patient visits a medical center or plastic surgery clinic, which provides such services.
The procedure for removing fatty deposits is as follows:
- The patient arrives at the clinic in 30 minutes. before the appointed time of laser liposuction, and then passes into the room where minimally invasive surgery will be performed.
- An anesthetist administers a local anesthetic to the patient in the form of lidocaine hydrochloride or another drug. A method of administering a patient to a state of drug sleep may also be used. Local anesthesia is indicated for use with liposuction of 1-2 zones of the abdomen from the sides. When removing a large amount of fat, general anesthesia is used.
- After the onset of analgesic action, the plastic surgeon performs a small incision in the skin surface of the abdomen, the size of which is no more than 1/32 – 3/32 inch.
- A cannula with a laser probe is inserted through the incision into the subcutaneous space. The doctor activates the laser and begins the process of removing body fat.
- If necessary, stimulation of the problem areas of the abdomen is performed to ensure faster and better destruction of adipose tissue.
- Upon completion of the procedure, the cannula with the laser is removed from the cavity of the subcutaneous space, and the area of the skin that has been cut is treated with an antiseptic solution. Then, a sterile dressing is applied on top of the operated part of the abdomen.
After minimally invasive surgery, the patient can independently leave the walls of the clinic, or else he can be placed in a stationary unit for 1-3 days. It all depends on the complexity of the surgical intervention, the general state of human health, as well as the amount of adipose tissue that has been removed by laser exposure. The average duration of lipolysis is from 1 to 2 hours.
Immediately after the completion of laser liposuction, when the patient leaves the medical center or plastic surgery clinic, he receives a number of practical recommendations. All of them should accelerate tissue repair, as well as prevent the development of complications.
To maintain a positive result and quick healing of the operated part of the body, you must perform the following steps:
- wear special compression underwear daily, which will prevent the formation of stretch marks and sagging skin after removing a large amount of fat deposits;
- during the next 15 days do not visit saunas, steam rooms, public showers and pools (the risk of opening bleeding, infection of tissues with a bacterial infection is excluded);
- daily change the antiseptic dressing, as well as perform antimicrobial treatment of the body area on which the incision was made;
- Avoid heavy physical exertion (we are talking about playing sports, as well as working);
- dress in accordance with weather conditions to prevent overcooling of the body and sudden changes in body temperature.
The average recovery period is at least 15 days. In the case of attachment of a bacterial infection, redness of the tissues around the incision, pain in the subcutaneous layer, fever, you should immediately seek help from your doctor.
It may be necessary to take antibacterial drugs, which are selected taking into account the type of pathogenic microflora.
How long will the result last
Fat cells in the form of subcutaneous deposits, which were removed by laser lipolysis, and their total mass was not more than 7 pounds, are metabolized in the liver and excreted naturally. Over the next 2-3 months. from the date of the operation, the process of tissue healing and the formation of an aesthetically attractive body occurs.
A positive result, which was obtained by laser liposuction, lasts a lifetime.
Re-gaining excess body weight with the formation of fat deposits in the waist and front wall is possible, but only on condition that the person will not monitor the quality of the diet.
Eating large amounts of animal fats, confectionery, carbonated drinks, convenience foods, fast food, can level out the positive result from laser lipolysis. In the presence of these circumstances, re-adipose tissue may occur over the next 5-7 months.
Laser liposuction is a minimally invasive operation. Therefore, the risk of developing negative consequences and complications is minimal. Most of the pathological conditions develop after a medical error, a violation of the rules of preparation for the procedure, or postoperative recovery.
Doctors do not exclude the development of the following complications:
- perforation of the abdominal cavity by the cannula during the introduction of the laser or the excision of fat deposits (in most cases, this complication occurs in people with severe obesity or the presence of a hernia
- vascular damage and profuse blood loss (patients with poor blood coagulation are at risk);
- tissue infection with a bacterial infection that occurs at the time of surgery or at the stage of postoperative recovery, which will require a course of antimicrobial therapy;
- violation of the metabolic process, which will lead to even faster collection of lost adipose tissue (this is a protective reaction of the body to a sharp loss of lipids);
- the formation of adhesions and purulent abscesses, the elimination of which requires repeated surgical intervention, but already aimed at eliminating these complications.
Laser liposuction of the abdomen is not a complicated, by modern standards, surgical operation, which involves minimal trauma to the epithelial tissues of the body.
Reviews about it are mostly positive, and patients who have lost excess fat deposits note a long-term positive effect.
For laser correction of problem areas of the abdomen, a 1/32 – 3/32 inch wide incision is made through which a cannula with a probe and a laser is inserted. The duration of surgery does not last more than 1-2 hours, and the procedure itself is performed under the influence of anesthesia.
Laser Liposuction Video
What type of liposuction is better: