The choice of a suitable color for hair dye is carried out taking into account a variety of parameters. To simplify the selection procedure, a special palette is attached to each paint, which is represented by photographs depicting examples of colored hair.
- Appearance color and matching colors
- What affects the final hair color
- Rules for choosing color for blondes
- Rules for choosing color for brunettes
- Rules for choosing a color for a brown-haired woman
- Rules for choosing color for red
- Decoding the number of the main color of the hair dye
- Determination of hue by number
- Top 5 professional paints. Names, palette
- L’oreal preference
- Garnier color naturals
- Matrix Socolor Beauty
- Igora Royal (Igora)
- Estel professional DeLuxe
- Best Ink for Home Use
- Ammonia-free paints from natural ingredients
- The most effective for painting gray hair
- Hair Color Mixing Table
- Video about hair dye colors
Appearance color and matching colors
The choice of appearance color type is the determination of the most suitable color solutions for eye color, skin tone and natural shade of hair.
There are 4 main color types:
- Spring is the warmest color type. Owners of this type are most often with light green, blue or gray eyes. The skin is light with a peach tint, light-colored hair with a golden tint.
- Summer is a cold color type. Signs of this type include dark gray, green and light gray eyes, an even skin tone with an olive-matte shade, and hair with ash and light brown colors.
- Autumn is a bright and warm color type. Characteristic features are brown and green eyes, dark skin with freckles and chestnut-red hair tones.
- Winter is the predominance of cold colors in the color type of brunettes with dark brown eyes and dark skin.
Each color type corresponds to a certain palette of colors, the combination with which is considered the most ideal. For the spring type, the choice of all warm shades based on yellow will be successful: from light blond, golden and to dark red.
Summer colors are suitable for light colors with platinum, ash and pearl shimmer. Autumn girls are ideally suited for all variations of brown with a bronze or chocolate shade. Winter color type is combined with shades of dark pink, dark blond and black colors.
What affects the final hair color
An important step in the modern field of hair care is the professional diagnosis of the condition of curls. During the procedure, the hair structure is evaluated, the initial shade is determined along the entire length of the curls, further actions are planned that will ensure the most ideal hair color.
Among the factors that can affect the final hair color after dyeing, it should be highlighted:
- The basic color of the hair is the definition of a natural and previously dyed initial shade along the entire length of the curls.
- The amount of gray hair – it is important to assess the percentage of gray hair, the type of distribution on the surface of the head and the thickness of gray hair.
- Depth – takes into account the desired depth in a darker or lighter tone after painting.
- The final tone – depending on whether the original color of the hair is in warm or cold shades, a decision is made on preliminary procedures before painting. Variants of using mixtons are considered.
- The amount of oxidizing agent – the required concentration is selected based on the color base of the hair and the state of their structure.
- Remains of unwashed pigment on previously dyed hair – uniformity of tone from roots to ends, the degree of difference in tone levels along the entire length of the hair are assessed. It is also important to find out if additional procedures have been used to maintain the color of the curls.
Rules for choosing color for blondes
Choosing the hair color for blondes, you should remember the correct combination of shades, do not mix cold shades with warm ones.
Colors of hair dyes (photo shades are placed on the palette of each dye) and general recommendations for blondes:
- Natural, natural tones are the best choice for blondes. All shades of wheat, gold and caramel will do. Such tones give the skin a fresh and more youthful look.
- For owners of thin and pale skin, the best option would be shades of a cold blond with tints of platinum and silver. Also relevant are the tones of beige and champagne.
- Dark-skinned girls with a pinkish blush on their face are perfect for golden, honey and brown hair colors.
- The choice of Nordic shades of blond should be treated with caution. Such light ash tones can highlight skin imperfections and add age.
- You should also think carefully before deciding on a radical change and radical staining. It is better to opt for lightening a couple of shades lighter or darker. In this case, regrown roots will be less noticeable and look more natural.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
Fashionable hair colors this year. Photos and trends of hairdressing.
Rules for choosing color for brunettes
The choice for brunettes is represented by a wide color palette. You can experiment with a variety of shades of chocolate, eggplant or mocha. In order not to be mistaken and choose the most successful tone, you should take into account the tonality of the skin of the face and eye color.
Tips for choosing color for brunettes:
- The combination of fair skin and dark eyes will best emphasize the shade of chocolate or purple, give softness to the image.
- Tanned brown-eyed beauties are ideal warm tones of hazelnut, caramel or milk chocolate.
- Dark-haired girls with gray eyes are not recommended to dye their hair in dark colors. This combination can add a few years and add grayness to the image.
- A bright black with a blue sheen will also not help to look younger. This tone adds age, but it looks spectacular.
- Dark tones that are diluted with warm colors look harmonious. For example, the palette of chocolate tones adds lightness and freshness to the image, especially the dark complexion.
Rules for choosing a color for a brown-haired woman
Brown-haired girls have beautiful and shiny brown hair of different color tones, an even tone of dark skin. When choosing hair dye, they only need to correctly emphasize their natural beauty.
The colors of hair colors (photo shades are placed on the palette of each paint) and several recommendations for brown-haired women:
- Stop selection should be on any of the shades of brown.
- Blue reflections in black and
purple will certainly look beneficial.
- It is not recommended to lighten hair with natural brown-haired or dyed in dark tones of copper color.
Rules for choosing color for red
Red-haired girls are advised to take into account the shade of eyes and skin.
The main secrets of choosing the perfect shade for painting red hair:
- With the base on the basis of light skin tone and blue eyes, shades of light sparkling hair are successfully combined.
- You can achieve a bright and effective image in a combination of fiery red hair with brown or green eyes.
- For dark-eyed girls, the whole variety of red shades of hair is suitable.
- It should be remembered that red hair is able to emphasize small skin flaws, age spots and freckles.
- Owners of rosy peach cheeks should not stain in carrot colors.
- In women aged, hair colored in yellow-red shades will look ridiculous. The appropriate color is considered a natural red tone.
- The use of more natural colors is encouraged, avoiding too bright shades.
Decoding the number of the main color of the hair dye
To simplify the process of selecting the right paint color, most manufacturers use a special code that contains information about the tone of the paint, the depth of the shade and additional shading characteristics. This combination of numbers is placed on the packaging with paint, which must be accompanied by a palette with examples of colors, in accordance with the numbers from the code.
Designations of 1, 2 or 3 digits are common. The first digit corresponds to the main color and its depth.
The colors of hair colors (photo shades are placed on the palette of each paint) in international practice:
- number 1 corresponds to black paint;
- 2 – displays a very dark tone of chestnut color;
- 3 – dark chestnut;
- 4 – chestnut;
- 5 – light version of chestnut color;
- 6 – dark blond;
- 7 – classic light brown;
- 8 – light version of light brown color;
- 9 – very light blond;
- 10 – blonde blond.
You can also often find signs with numbers 11 and 12, which are deciphered as very light blond and platinum.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
Fashionable bob haircut for medium hair. Photo, front and rear view.
Determination of hue by number
A cipher consisting of only one digit is used in the designation of natural tones. The most common combinations of 2 or 3 digits that indicate shades of color. In the marking, the first digit is separated from the second by a dot or a vertical oblique line.
The purpose of the second digit is to determine the main shade:
- the number 0 indicates natural series;
- 1 – ashen with a blue-violet pigment;
- 2 – ashen with green pigment;
- 3 – golden;
- 4 – red with copper pigment;
- 5 – red with purple pigment;
- 6 – red;
- 7 – red-brown.
It must be remembered that numbers 1 and 2 display cold shades, all others are warm. If the marking consists of 3 numbers, then there is a slight inclusion of an additional shade. Some manufacturers indicate the colors in letters, and additional shades in numbers.
Example letter notation:
- C is the designation of ashen color.
- PL – platinum.
- A – highly brightening paints.
- N – natural tones.
- E – beige.
- M – matte.
- W are brown.
- R is red.
- G is gold.
- K – copper.
- I – with intense staining.
- V, F – purple tones.
Top 5 professional paints. Names, palette
The colors of hair dyes (a photo with an example of the result will be posted below) for professional use should correspond to the latest fashion trends in the color palette, be suitable for modern dyeing techniques and have the most harmless composition. The list of the best professional tools includes many colors.
One of the most popular brands. The line is considered very resistant, the color lasts for 1.5 months. A special composition with a complex of vitamins and protective filters keeps the curls soft, shiny and healthy. The palette has 32 persistent colors.
A variety of series of red and red color schemes, for brunettes and light brown tones, with a wide selection of blondes, including the Mega blond line with shades of cold tones and the line of warm colors.
The result of staining with a shade of 8.23 light brown golden pearl color:
Garnier color naturals
Paint from the French brand, characterized by high resistance and a unique formula. Thanks to the nutrients and natural oils of avocado, shea butter and olive in the composition, the paint deeply nourishes and protects the hair structure. Bright shade and shine of the hair are stored for a long time. The rich palette is represented by more than 36 different shades.
The range of the series consists of a wide range of flower collections:
- 8 tones of the perfect blonde with pigments of ash and platinum hu
- 6 shades of warm blonde with golden tints;
- 5 variations of light brown color with interspersed walnut, wheat and sand tones;
- red colors with tints of light and red tones;
- shades of chestnut, chocolate and caramel;
- 4 coffee shades;
- 3 bright tones of red;
- collection of black with tints of blue and brown pigment.
The result of staining in tone number 3 dark chestnut:
Matrix Socolor Beauty
High-quality paint, in the development of which the latest technologies are involved. Designed for a radical change of image. The unique composition provides uniform, stable and safe staining for a long time. A large amount of pigment guarantees brightness and color saturation.
The palette is represented by a wide selection of shades from the perfect blonde to chic coffee tones. A line of beautiful natural tones with mother of pearl and golden reflections.
The result of painting with a shade of 5 AV light brown ash-pearl:
Igora Royal (Igora)
Professional paint from the German manufacturer Schwarzkopf. Provides uniform coverage and full shading of gray hair. The useful composition takes care of the hair, creates a protective film on the surface of the hair structure, which prevents the negative impact of the external environment on the curls.
The color scheme of hair dye is represented by the following ultramodern series (photo of examples of dyed hair is attached to the package with paint).
- METALLICS – overflow of warm and cold tones with a metallic effect.
- ABSOLUTES – coloring pigment with a special comprehensive care for mature curls.
- HIGH POWER BROWNS – rich and deep tones of brown dye for bright brunettes.
- PEARLESCENCE – the perfect light blond and blond with pearl tints.
- NUDE TONES – matte shades in 6 variations.
The result of painting in tone 6.65 dark brown chocolate golden:
Estel professional DeLuxe
Exclusive cream paint with high resistance. The beneficial substances in the composition nourish the hair structure, give it a healthy look and silkiness.
The palette is divided into specialized lines:
- High Blond is a brightening dye that does not require a preliminary clarification procedure.
- Extra Red – spectacular red tones.
- Pastel – delicate shades of pink, peach and turquoise.
- High Flash – the brightest shades without prior lightening.
- Corrector – represented by a neutral, ammonia and color corrector.
The result of painting in tone 9.36 blond golden purple:
Best Ink for Home Use
The choice of the best paint for home use is carried out taking into account important factors. The paint should be easy to use, with a clear color palette and clear instructions. An ideal option for painting a house is high-quality paint with a harmless composition, high resistance and affordable price.
Rating of colors suitable for use at home:
Wellaton is a well-known brand paint, in the manufacture of which advanced technologies and natural components are used. Paint is available in two formats: cream paints and mousse paints. The color palette is saturated with bright colors and a large selection of natural natural tones: brown, light brown and red shades.
- Excellence Creme from Loreal – a distinctive feature is gentle coloring and enhanced hair care. A box with paint provides a set of special serums, masks and balms that protect the curls from damage, deeply nourish the hair and improve their structure. The choice of color is carried out using a convenient palette of 21 shades, of which most are light tones. There are also light brown, chestnut tones and one black shade.
- Studio Essem Hair is a budget line with decent quality and high color fastness. Coloring compositions for home use are available in 3 series: Studio 3D brightening, Holography and Mixing colors. The lightening series does not require preliminary lightening procedures, the holographic series has reflective properties, mix tones allow emphasizing the main colors or experimenting by mixing different shades.
- Palette is a trademark from Schwarzkopf. It occupies a leading position as a resistant paint with gentle coloring of professional quality. There is a division of the paint palette into classes, according to the parameters of resistance: washable after 6-8 procedures, after 25-28 procedures for washing the hair and a wide series with a high degree of resistance of coloring substances.
- Concept – uniform coloring in a variety of natural and bright colors. Production is carried out in accordance with European quality standards. A good composition is rich in pigments and does not spoil the hair. The palette consists of 40 colors for every taste.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
Fashionable bob cut for short hair. Photo, front and rear view.
Ammonia-free paints from natural ingredients
The use of ammonia-free paints provides a gentle and gentle coloring of curls. Ammonia-free painting has many advantages. But this option is not suitable for everyone and not in all cases. Since ammonia-free paints are not the most resistant and not with the most intense coloring properties.
Ammonia-free paints are an ideal choice to maintain a uniform and juicy primary color, and to give effect to natural images.
Among ammonia-free dyes should be highlighted:
Ollin – the ammonia-free series contains D-panthenol and na
tural oils, thanks to which the hair remains healthy and silky. A large concentration of pigment dyes high-quality curls along the entire length, it is also effective in the presence of gray hair. A rich palette of blond colors, ash and golden hues and many others.
- Kapus – the brand has a non-ammonia series Non Ammonia. Useful components and a vitamin complex moisturize and protect the hair in the process of dyeing. A diverse palette will satisfy any request from light blond, copper and to dark shades of chestnut.
- Londa – tinting dyes of the brand have a wide selection of 42 colors. Special microspheres reflecting light provide the shining gloss of locks. A great option to add depth to the natural shade of chocolate, red and platinum white hair.
Siez – resistant paint with activator oil promotes uniform and safe coloring. Prevents allergic reactions and irritations on the skin, has no side effects. The Oleo Intense ammonia-free palette contains basic, natural hues.
- Faberlic – a series without ammonia is suitable for coloring all types of hair, does not irritate delicate skin, and maintains the elasticity of the hair structure. It has the effect of lamination with the help of natural components contained in the paint. The palette provides a wide selection of natural and vibrant colors.
The most effective for painting gray hair
Paint for gray hair should contain persistent dyes, sparing paints are not the most suitable option. It is worth paying attention to the percentage of shading of gray hair, which is written on the package – at least 60%.
Well-recommended paints for gray hair (photos with examples of colors are on the palette of each paint):
- Next – German development, created specifically for persistent staining. The caring components of the paint qualitatively hide the gray hair, and the widest palette of 160 colors is able to satisfy the most sophisticated tastes.
- Indola is a permanent dye based on pixel light technologies that guarantee absolute shading of gray hair. The color scheme with bright colors and shiny tints. Shades of a special series for gray hair successfully combine with tones from the main palette.
Kutrin – Finnish paint based on natural ingredients, provides uniform staining and preservation of a natural shade after the procedure. The use of new technologies in the creation of the dye helps to densely coat the gray hair with pigment.
- Revlon is a well-known brand that uses modern developments of nano and molecular technologies. The complex of vitamins in the composition has a therapeutic effect on curls during painting. Suitable for sensitive skin. The palette includes 35 spectacular shades.
- Chi (CHI) is an American brand from the ammonia-free series, based on ionic action. The palette is rich in natural shades of copper and ash colors. The uniqueness of the dye in the action of waves of a long infrared spectrum, capable of raising scales on the surface of the hair and putting pigment in them.
Hair Color Mixing Table
To successfully combine several shades of paint, you should choose colors that are similar in tone. To simplify the process of selecting the appropriate tones for mixing, a special table has been created for professional use.
To begin with, you should determine the tone of your hair and the suitable shades for painting. Then the depth of tone is selected from the column with natural colors from the darkest (number 1) to the lightest (10). Select 1 or 2 close tones to your color. You can then mix. It is important to follow all recommendations and basic rules so that the result is as effective as possible.
Modern technologies provide a huge selection of hair dye colors, allow you to get the same high-quality coloring in the conditions of the salon and at home. A variety of palettes help you choose the right color without involving professionals, displaying a photo with examples of hair dyeing results.
Video about hair dye colors
How to choose hair dye:
How to choose the right hair color: