Sedentary work and an inactive lifestyle often cause problems with the back and neck and shoulder area, both in men and women. As a rule, this can cause early osteochondrosis.
In order to prevent the disease and to form correct posture and strengthen the shoulder joint, it is useful to regularly perform special physical exercises for the shoulders. Gadgets and simulators will help to perform exercises in the gym and at home.
- Rules for doing shoulder exercises
- Contraindications to classes
- Shoulder strengthening at home
- Plank exercise to strengthen the shoulders and the whole body
- How to build shoulders at home with a barbell
- How to build wide shoulders with dumbbells
- Shoulder development for cervical and thoracic osteochondrosis
- Physiotherapy exercises for cervical arthrosis
- Bubnovsky: gymnastics for the neck and shoulder girdle
- Exercises to restore the functions of the shoulder girdle after surgery
- Shoulder exercises for an inactive lifestyle and sedentary work
- How to keep your shoulder girdle healthy
- Video: shoulder exercises
Rules for doing shoulder exercises
To prevent injuries to muscles and joints, any set of exercises, including shoulder exercises, starts with a good warm-up. At home, warm-up is very important, because improves blood circulation and optimizes the load on the heart during training. This is important because without the preparatory phase, fainting may occur.
In addition, a good workout morally prepares the trainee for the main set of exercises.
Stages of a good workout:
- Easy cardio – will increase heat transfer, warm muscles, prepare them for further stretching.
Joint gymnastics – improves joint mobility, activates the work of the ligamentous apparatus.
- Dynamic stretching – increase muscle elasticity, reduce the risk of tendon ruptures.
During the execution of the main complex, it is necessary to monitor posture – you can not lean forward, otherwise the load on the muscles of the neck, shoulders and back will be distributed unevenly.
Contraindications to classes
Any physical activity on the body has contraindications. This set of exercises is no exception.
It is forbidden to give a load to the shoulder muscles if:
- there is an increased body temperature;
- post-traumatic, rehabilitation period if an injury to the shoulder joint was observed;
- severe myopia, as well as high intraocular pressure;
- there are problems with the cardiovascular system;
- there are pathologies in the joints, in which even a minimal load will lead to an exacerbation of the disease;
- violation of coordination of movement;
- high blood pressure.
Shoulder strengthening at home
You can create a beautiful line of arms and back without going to the gym.
Trainers advise to perform exercises for the shoulders at home, which do not require inventory and additional training:
- Push ups are a very effective exercise, as during its execution, the maximum number of muscles is involved. Depending on the setting of the arms, certain groups will be worked out as efficiently as possible, for example, with a wide setting of the hands, the chest muscles work actively, and with a narrow set of hands, the load goes to the triceps and shoulder joint.
- Exercises with elastic tape – this type of sports equipment is convenient because it can be used to work on any problem zone. In every sports store you can always find such tapes with different load options. For a high-quality study of the muscles of the shoulder girdle with a ribbon, it is recommended to perform such exercises as: traction, push-ups with rubber, turns with the arms apart, triceps exercise.
- Static exercises are performed without body movements and allow you to strengthen the ligamentous apparatus and increase muscle strength. They are ideal for people who have suffered joint injuries and who cannot perform dynamic exercises. The most popular static exercise is the bar.
Plank exercise to strengthen the shoulders and the whole body
Exercises that are not difficult to perform and do not require additional equipment, not only for the shoulders, but also for the whole body – these are varieties of the “bar”. At home, it can be done on a gymnastic mat.
The Planck is good in that 90% of the muscles are involved in the exercise.
So that the result does not make you wait long, the bar must be completed every day and correctly:
- take emphasis lying;
- bend your elbows;
- rest against the floor and maintain weight for about a minute;
- make 3-4 approaches.
How to build shoulders at home with a barbell
For any muscle group, basic exercises are the best. They allow you to simultaneously pump the entire delta. To work on perfect shoulders at home, you need dumbbells and a barbell. The different weight of the shells will increase the load gradually.
Experienced trainers recommend such basic exercises as:
- Bench press from a standing position . This basic exercise is very important for the development of the deltoid muscles and shoulders, as makes the deltoid work from start to finish. To perform the exercise, you need to spread your legs shoulder width apart, bend over and tear the barbell off the floor in a single motion and put it on your chest. From this position, push the bar up without tilting the housing. Perform 3-4 approaches for the maximum number of times.
- Bench press . The most effective exercise, according to the trainers. It is necessary to take the bar slightly wider than the shoulder width and pull the bar up without straightening at the elbows. It is necessary to perform the exercise without a pause at the top point for 3-4 approaches 10-15 times, depending on weight.
- Raising to the chin . From the position of the leg shoulder width apart, pull the bar up with a wide or narrow grip, depending on which muscles will be worked out. Wide grip – for the rear deltas, narrow – for the trapezoid. Perform 3-4 approaches for 10-15 times.
How to build wide shoulders with dumbbells
Deltoid muscles are responsible for the broad shoulders.
To pump them well, 3 exercises for each group with an increased number of repetitions in each approach are enough:
- Bench “Arnold” . This exercise involves deltas, triceps, and latissimus dorsi. Exercise is best done while sitting to avoid injury to the shoulder joint. The technique for performing this exercise is the correct turn of the palms at the chest level. Perform 4 sets of 10-12 reps.
- Rise through the sides . The trapezius muscle is actively involved in this exercise. It is performed with a small weight, but for the maximum number of repetitions of 4 sets. It is necessary to lift the dumbbells to the top through the sides on the inhale and on the exhale, return to the starting position at shoulder level.
The rise in the slope . Such an isolating exercise thoroughly pumps the back bundle of deltas. To perform it is necessary to become inclined to parallel with the floor, hands in free hanging. On inspiration, stretch the dumbbells to th
e sides without jerking, on exhalation, return to the starting position.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
Morning exercises for those over 40, 50. Gym exercises for weight loss, video tutorials.
Shoulder development for cervical and thoracic osteochondrosis
Osteochondrosis is a very insidious and unpleasant disease. In rooted “siduns” the muscles of the neck and thoracic spine are primarily affected. To prevent this disease, shoulder exercises can be done at home with a minimum of sports equipment, or you can do without it and do stretching exercises.
- Legs are shoulder width apart. Raise your arms, straightening in front of you. To take a deep breath, take them back to the maximum, to exhale – bring your hands in front and grab yourself by the shoulders. Perform the exercise 10 times.
- Spread the legs shoulder-width apart, arms hanging freely below, the back is even. Keep your shoulders forward to the maximum by rounding your back. For 3 seconds, fix the position and smoothly straighten your shoulders to the starting position, hold for 3 seconds. Perform movements 10 times.
- To face in a corner and with both hands rest against the opposite walls. Stretch the body to the center, bringing the shoulder blades and try to stretch the muscles of the chest. Perform exercise 6 times.
- Smooth turns of the head from side to side, up and down by 10 times.
- “Cat’s back”, stand on all fours on a gymnastic mat and bend your back as much as you can with an inhale, while exhaling – bend your back and reduce your shoulder blades. This exercise is performed in 3-4 repetitions.
Physiotherapy exercises for cervical arthrosis
The basis of gymnastic exercises for the treatment of neck diseases, for example arthrosis, is the principle of natural movements for humans. You can perform them not only at home, but also at work. The main thing is not to overdo it.
- Stand straight, arms hang freely along the body at the expense of 2 to raise and lower the shoulders and shoulder blades. Perform 7 times.
- Tilts the head to the side. Stand straight, arms hang down along the body, gently tilt your head first to the left, straighten your neck, then tilt to the right. Perform 5 times one way and the other
- Head turns from side to side. The principle of this exercise is similar to sideways bends. Perform 5 times in one direction and the other.
- Shoulder movement forward and backward. Raise the shoulders and slightly forward them, fix in this position for 3 seconds, then pull back as much as possible with the shoulder blades. Also lock for 3 seconds. Perform 5 times forward, 5 times backward.
- Circular motion in the shoulder joint. Bend your elbows and put on your shoulders. Turn your hands 5 times forward, 5 times backward.
Bubnovsky: gymnastics for the neck and shoulder girdle
The treatment of the spine according to the method of Dr. Bubnovsky consists in a complete rejection of medicines and their replacement with a complex of physical exercises, i.e. motion treatment. According to the doctor, it is possible to achieve joint recovery without surgery, it is enough to regularly perform a set of therapeutic exercises.
The number of repetitions of this complex is not more than 6-7 times for each exercise:
- The head works on the principle of a pendulum. Side-to-side movement with a 30-second tilt delay.
- Lower your head very low and gently pull your neck forward and up.
- Put your right hand on your left shoulder, and turn your head to the right and sit in this position for 30 seconds. Then do too, but the other way.
- Clasp your hands above your head and rotate left and right alternately.
- From a standing position, you must try to reach with your chin first to the left shoulder, then to the right.
Exercises to restore the functions of the shoulder girdle after surgery
Postoperative rehabilitation is an important component of adequate treatment. During this period, doctors recommend patients to undergo a course of restorative gymnastics.
These exercises are designed to restore joint mobility and strengthen atrophied muscles.
Recovery exercises are done 6 times 3 times a day:
- Tense your shoulder muscles for 7 seconds, followed by relaxation.
- Lying on your back, put both hands on your stomach. With a healthy hand, hold the operated and gently raise above the head, stretching the limbs as much as possible.
- Raise your shoulders as much as “pulling your head.”
- Make circular movements of the shoulders in one direction and the other.
- Lean forward and relax the muscles of the hands to swing them in all directions for 1 minute.
Shoulder exercises for an inactive lifestyle and sedentary work
Nowadays, few can boast of work related to active movement. For office “siduns” there is a set of exercises aimed at relaxing and toning the muscles of the shoulder joint.
Perform these exercises for 1-1.5 minutes each:
- Tilts and rotations of the head. Without sudden movements, it is very smooth to move your head from side to side and in a circle.
- Stretching the shoulders and back from a sitting position. Pull out your hands and lock into the lock. Stretch your arms as much as possible rounding your back.
- The castle is behind. Similar to the previous one, only hands should be locked in the lock behind the back and bend the back as much as possible.
- Stretching for the shoulders. Lead the left hand behind the opposite shoulder, with the right hand press with force on the elbow of the left, so that stretching is felt.
- Tilt with lock from behind while sitting.
Triceps Stretch. Bend one arm at the elbow and raise, and put the other behind the back and try to clasp your hands in the lock.
How to keep your shoulder girdle healthy
In addition to regular physical activity, experts advise:
- provide the body with a full sleep on an orthopedic mattress, if possible without a pillow;
- eliminate all bad habits, give up cigarettes and alcohol;
- eat properly and balanced, avoid fast food;
- during work every hour to take a break with activities.
When all of these rules are met, you can permanently preserve the beauty of posture and the health of the spine.
To maintain flexibility and mobility of the joints of the shoulder girdle and spine, it is not enough to do some exercises for the shoulders, at work or at home. It is necessary to adjust the entire lifestyle, otherwise it threatens with back pain, spoiled posture and premature old age.
Video: shoulder exercises
Basic exercises for the shoulders, see the video clip:
A set of exercises for the shoulders with cervical osteochondrosis, see the video: