Hair care and care should become a habit of every modern woman, since healthy, beautiful curls are the natural wealth of the fairer sex. How to care for hair, choose the right cleaning and nutrition products, which tools to use, should be known to every girl.
- Causes of Poor Hair Condition
- How to choose a shampoo
- Rules for washing hair
- Balms and Rinses
- Firming masks for hair loss
- Vitamins for hair
- Which combs to use
- Drying and styling
- Rules for hair care in the cold season
- Hair Care after Keratin Straightening
- Botox Hair Care
- Care after highlighting and painting
- Hair Care
- Means for fast hair growth at home
- Video on how to care for your hair
Causes of Poor Hair Condition
Hair is exposed to many factors.
- Improper nutrition robs the body of vitamins. Eating healthy foods will make the strands strong and healthy.
- Inattention, unsuitable detergents, frequent use of thermal tools, or a dirty head will negatively affect the appearance.
- The abuse of alcohol and nicotine adversely affects the condition of the scalp. A healthy lifestyle will increase the flow of oxygen to the bulbs and strengthen them.
- Stress affects the condition of the hair: they fall out, thin out and break. It is important to take control of emotions, do auto-training.
- During pregnancy , hormonal failure and vitamin starvation occurs, from this condition of curls worsens. After childbirth, the body returns to normal, and all processes are restored.
- The consequence of chemotherapy. During treatment, baldness occurs, and at the end of the course, the body returns to its previous work.
- Medication. Taking medications affects the condition of the whole organism.
Having determined the cause of the unsatisfactory condition of the hair, you can proceed to treatment.
How to choose a shampoo
The main task of the shampoo is to clean the scalp. It’s not easy to pick up a product; store shelves abound with colorful tubes and bubbles. There is no one universal composition suitable for everyone. Make the right choice will help a professional hairdresser or trichologist.
The main criterion for choosing a shampoo is the type of hair:
- fatty: sebaceous glands work actively, the head quickly gets dirty;
- dry: the skin is tightened and flaky;
- normal: do not experience serious problems;
- sensitive: predisposition to allergies.
Unwanted shampoo components:
- Sodium chloride – causes dryness.
- Benzene is a carcinogen.
- Propylene Glycol – is retained in the body.
- Parabens is an allergen.
- Triclosan – negatively affects the body.
Useful substances that should be part of the shampoo: vitamins, herbal ingredients, oils.
How to care for your hair with shampoo:
- The tool is selected in accordance with the type of hair.
- Frequency of washing – as it gets dirty.
- A good composition has up to 30 components.
- Damaged strands require more caring substances.
- Gentle shampoo is softer, therefore suitable for frequent use. It should be marked “for daily use” or sulfate-free.
- The inscription “natural” is not always true.
- A well-known brand is more credible, but you should be afraid of fakes.
- Price – A good product cannot be cheap.
- Fluffy and light hair indicates that shampoo contains strong detergents.
- Frequent drug changes will not give a positive result, it is better to choose a couple of funds, alternating them once every few months.
- A strong flavor can cause allergies or headaches.
Popular hair cleansers:
- Series Natura Siberica (USA). Natural and safe shampoo based on herbs from Far Eastern places and Siberia. The composition practically does not contain sulfates, but in a large number of useful substances. The manufacturer produces several rulers aimed at different types of hair: Natural & Organic, Oblepikha Siberica, “Northern Cloudberry”. Products are certified.
- Therapeutic shampoos that stimulate hair growth strengthen the roots. Popular series for combined and normal.
- Konopkas. An Estonian preparation consisting of natural ingredients. Popular series: with rosemary essential oil for weakened hair, nutritious for heavily damaged curls, an effective anti-dandruff remedy.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
Fashionable bob haircut for medium hair. Photo, front and rear view.
Rules for washing hair
Cleansing is the main action in the care of the scalp, so as not to cause harm, you should use a suitable tool and follow a simple algorithm of actions.
How to wash hair properly during washing:
- Preparatory stage: comb the strands, so they will be less tangled.
- Adjust the temperature. Hot water is not suitable for washing hair, it activates the sebaceous glands, the best option is + 35-45 ° C.
- Water quality. Tap water is hard, it has a high content of chlorine, salts and iron. Her hair is dried out and broken. It is better to use filtered or bottled water, but it’s not cheap.
- Pre-hydration. Before using the product, the hair is liberally moistened with water.
- Washing procedure: the shampoo is applied to the hands, and not to the head, using a massaging motion to foam the product, moving from the ears to the back of the head.
- At the end of washing, rinse your hair with cool water.
- Application of balm or conditioner on the tips.
- Drying . Wash the washed head briefly with a towel to remove moisture. Rubbing and squeezing is not recommended.
- Wet hair does not comb , otherwise it will stretch and the ends will split.
Balms and Rinses
Shampoo acts aggressively, revealing scales, washes pollution.
To return them to their previous state and make them smooth, it is necessary to apply a care product:
- Balm restores and smoothes hair exposed to aggressive effects of chemistry, sun or stress.
- Rinse aid protects against traction, does not electrify, facilitates combing.
- Means 2 in 1 combines balm and rinse.
How to properly care for hair is indicated on the label of the drug.
< strong>The direction of its action is also described:
- against loss;
It is indicated and for what type of curls the drug is intended:
- for all types.
How to care for your hair with balm, depending on their type:
- Fatty: application only to the ends, since it will make the roots heavier and deprived of volume.
- Dry: the drug covers the entire hair, the indent from the scalp is 1’2 inch.
- Normal: covers the entire length without affecting the root area.
- For all types: it has a light structure, does not burden.
- Series ALERANA. Rinsing balm containing components aimed at strengthening the roots, preventing hair loss. Suitable for all types.
- Organic Shop (Organic Shop). The shea butter and silk proteins included in the composition nourish the roots, make hair smooth and strong.
Firming masks for hair loss
Masks differ from balms in their enhanced formula. Active substances penetrate deep into the core, heal, nourish, and then close the scales. It is not recommended to abuse masks; an excess of active substances will lead to rapid hair contamination.
A popular cosmetic product is Dead Sea (VITEKS) – a mud mask against loss. Strengthens the roots, nourishes them with minerals. Blood circulation increases, appearance and structure improves.
In addition to purchased funds, you can make a mask at home.
- Nutritious mask – 0,85 fluid ounce of olive oil, 1 egg. Preparation: combine oil and yolk, stir and apply to hair. Leave on for 30-40 minutes, rinse thoroughly. Do 1-2 times a week.
- Firming yeast mask – 0.5 sachet of dry yeast, egg. Preparation: beat the protein into foam, pour in the yeast, mix. Apply the mixture to hair, put on a shower cap, and hold a towel on top for about an hour. Wash your hair with shampoo.
- Bread mask for fast growth – 0,3 gallon of boiled water, 200 g of rye loaf. Preparation: soak bread without crust in warm water, leave for 1 hour, squeeze through cheesecloth. Apply the liquid to the roots, usd in with massage movements, wrap your head. Hold for half an hour, then rinse with water. Do 2 times a week.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
Fashionable bob cut for short hair. Photo, front and rear view.
Vitamins for hair
The main vitamins for hair are group A and B. Due to a deficiency of nutrients, the strands become brittle, the color goes away, itching and dandruff appear.
For health and beauty are required:
- biotin that strengthens hair follicles;
- riboflavin activates growth;
- folic acid protects against premature aging;
- tocopherol (vitamin E) strengthens.
Popular vitamin complexes:
- Merz . The composition includes vitamin C, which helps to synthesize collagen, iron and cystine. Duration of admission: no more than 3 months.
- Revalid. The composition includes extracts of wheat germ, methionine, synthesizing protein and lipids, as well as cystine in a high dosage, so it will be useful in case of severe damage. Reception no more than 3 months.
- Vitrum Beauty. The composition includes betacarotene, biotin and magnesium. If hair loss occurs due to stress, then this complex is most suitable. Take no more than 3 months.
Which combs to use
The choice of a comb is a responsible matter. You need to approach it in all seriousness, since an improperly selected tool will bring irreparable damage to the beauty of your hair. The main materials for making combs are: wood, plastic, silicone, and less commonly bones.
Each has its own characteristics:
- Wooden: natural material with unique properties is taken as the basis, for example, a juniper comb removes emotional stress, birch heals dandruff.
- A metal comb breaks your hair and scratches your head. Daily use is not recommended.
- Natural, wild boar bristle, whalebone is used as the material. Optimal, but more expensive option. Greasy and curly strands are not suitable.
How a type of comb helps to properly care for your hair:
- The comb has a different frequency of teeth: rare – for curly or wet hair, thick – for combing.
- The massage comb consists of frequent cloves, with protective balls at the end, a wide base and a comfortable handle. Suitable for long hair, massages and activates growth. Oily hair is not suitable, as it activates the sebaceous glands.
- Brashing is a cylinder-shaped comb with frequent teeth and a hollow in the center. The air flow passes through it well, so the styling is voluminous. Fish Bone has the same goal.
Drying and styling
Today, the hair dryer has become the main tool for creating beautiful hairstyles. Improper use can burn the hair and scalp, they will lose their shine and become brittle.
How to dry:
- Dry your hair with a towel, apply a heat-protective spray, comb it.
- Drying with a hairdryer. Short locks dry orderly, chaotic movements will leave them in a mess. The air stream must be cold so as not to burn itself. Divide medium and long hair into sections, securing with hairpins: crown, nape, whiskey and bangs. Drying occurs in stages, starting with the most inaccessible area.
Rules for hair care in the cold season
In winter, hair is subject to stress, low temperature dries strands, makes them brittle. Vitamin deficiency leads to severe loss.
How to care for hair in winter:
- Limit the use of styling products.
- Do not go out in the cold with a wet head, otherwise the moisture will freeze and your hair will be brittle.
- Wear a hat made of natural materials.
- Eat right, because the body needs vitamins, especially A and E. In the diet you need to include dairy products, butter, nuts and fish.
- Use shampoo for deep cleaning.
- Reduce the use of hair dryers, curling irons.
Hair Care after Keratin Straightening
The keratin straightening procedure has gained great popularity. It makes hair smooth, shiny, saturates keratin, heals. The effect of the procedure will last from 3 to 6 months.
How to care for hair after keratin straightening:
- After the procedure, it is better not to wash your hair for 2-3 days, so the drug will penetrate the hair shaft better.
- When visiting the pool, the hair is removed under a hat.
- Use a hairdryer and a curling iron minimally.
- Do not collect tight hairstyles, but leave strands free.
- Shampoo should be special – without SLS, so as not to wash out keratin.
Botox Hair Care
Hair care after the Botox procedure has its own characteristics.
For the effect to last longer, you need to be careful in the care:
- Use a special shampoo – without sodium sulfate, so as not to wash out the beneficial composition.
- Use balms and face masks.
- Minimize the use of styling products and blow dryers.
- Protect your head from exposure to adverse weather conditions.
- Take vitamins.
Care after highlighting and painting
Highlighting is a popular staining procedure during which individual strands are lightened, and the main part of the head is not affected.
Care should be comprehensive, as for colored hair:
- Use moisturizing shampoos.
- Apply masks and balms, which include restorative substances, this will prevent the ends from being cut.
- Limit the use of a hairdryer or ironing.
- The comb should be made of natural materials.
- The ends of dyed hair are most susceptible to breaking. Using products with silicone or keratin will protect them.
- Rinse your head with cool water.
The best option is a shampoo marked “for highlighted hair” or “for dyed.” The composition includes components that minimize excess alkali, and an increased protein content allows you to recover faster.
Perm, no matter how gentle, is harmful to the hair.
Compliance with several rules will reduce stress levels for curls:
- After alkaline chemistry, after several hours, you need to rinse your head with acidified water – 1 tablespoon. vinegar per 0,3 gallon of water.
- The next 2-3 days, it is not recommended to wash your hair and use a hair dryer.
- Use shampoo after perming or for weakened hair.
- On a wet head, do not wrap a towel in a turban, since the strands became elastic and stretched, and a wound towel does not allow them to dry back to their original position.
- To comb, take a comb with large teeth.
- Do not use metal hair clips. They injure the skin.
Chemical exposed hair is best restored with professional cosmetics. Verified manufacturers have in their arsenal a line “after a perm”. The advantage of such funds is the presence of panthenol, collagen and keratin.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
Fashionable hair colors this year. Photos and trends of hairdressing.
Means for fast hair growth at home
Onion mask – 1 head of onion, honey – 25 g. Preparation: grate the onion, squeeze the juice and add a spoonful of honey to it. Mix and usd into the roots. Wrap up your head, leaving for 30 minutes, and then rinse. The smell will not be pleasant after the procedure. Apply 2 times a week.
Mask with pepper tincture:
- 1 tablespoon tincture of capsicum;
- 0,85 fluid ounce of burdock oil;
- 0,68 fluid ounce of lemon juice;
- 1 teaspoons honey.
Preparation: mix all ingredients, apply to roots, wrap head, creating a greenhouse effect. Hold for 30 to 60 minutes, rinse.
Hair is a pride for a woman, so care for them should be regular, and knowing how to properly care for your hair, you can maintain their beauty and health.
Video on how to care for your hair
How to care for your hair:
15 rules for hair care: