Breast augmentation surgery is a popular procedure that has been decided by millions of women around the world. Modern plastic surgery has methods that allow you to create the most natural, beautiful bust shape and restore the patient’s confidence in their own sexual attractiveness.
- The essence of breast augmentation surgery
- Types of breast augmentation surgery
- Indications for breast augmentation surgery
- Diagnosis before breast augmentation surgery
- Contraindications for breast augmentation surgery
- When to see a doctor
- Methods of breast augmentation surgery
- Postoperative period
- Possible complications after surgery
- Video about surgical breast augmentation
The essence of breast augmentation surgery
An operation to enlarge the mammary glands consists in placing silicone implants (or the patient’s own adipose tissue) under the pectoral muscle or gland in order to increase the natural volume of the breast.
For the operation can be used:
- endoprostheses filled with silicone or saline;
- adipose tissue of the patient, taken from the buttocks, abdomen, hips;
- hyaluronic acid.
With the help of the operation, it is possible to significantly increase the volume of the mammary gland, to correct age-related ptosis, asymmetry caused by hormonal changes. Mammoplasty is also used to restore breasts after mastectomy.
Types of breast augmentation surgery
Breast enlargement is divided into several types, distinguished depending on the method of operation:
- Changing the size of the mammary glands with the help of an endoscope is one of the most popular methods characterized by low invasiveness and safety. During this operation, a device is inserted into the chest area, which independently chooses the most suitable place for implant implantation. The prosthesis is placed in an incision located in the axillary. All actions are designed using special equipment. This type of surgery is used to adjust breasts that have a natural 1st or 0 size. An inserted implant helps to increase the breast by 0’4 – 0’6 inch and is invisible during palpation. An incision located in the axillary leaves virtually no scars.
- Mastopexy is a procedure for breast augmentation and tightening . The implant is inserted into the mammary gland through an incision, the place of which is determined depending on the size and degree of deformation of the bust. With severe trauma, anchor dissection is used, carried out vertically from the nipple along the halo to the bottom to the pectoral muscle. On a small mammary gland, the prosthesis is inserted into the pectoral muscle.
- Lipolifting . Combines liposuction and breast augmentation. It differs from conventional surgery in that it is carried out using the patient’s own adipose tissue, which is removed from the buttocks, abdomen, and thighs. The breast increases by 0’4 – 0’6 inch. The use of our own tissues reduces the likelihood of rejection, and the absence of silicone creates a feeling of naturalness (chest soft to the touch).
- Breast augmentation after mastectomy . It is carried out by implants or the patient’s own adipose tissue and consists in restoring the original appearance of the amputated breast. The operation can be performed simultaneously with amputation or at any time after rehabilitation.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
Cannula – what it is, as it is used in cosmetology and medicine.
Indications for breast augmentation surgery
Breast augmentation surgery can be performed for medical or aesthetic reasons.
Mammoplasty aimed at correcting congenital or acquired defects is necessary:
- with genetic pathologies, which include hereditary deformation of one or both glands, pronounced asymmetry;
- with a previous mastectomy performed as a result of injuries or oncology;
- with atrophy of the mammary glands caused by hormonal failure;
- when correcting the consequences of a previous breast operation;
- to eliminate visible defects caused by injuries.
Aesthetic adjustment of the bust is carried out at the request of the woman.
Most often, an increase in the shape of the neckline is caused by a desire:
- gain sexual attractiveness for the opposite sex;
- correct small breasts when there are problems with the choice of clothes;
- increase internal self-esteem;
- restore the lost bust shape after childbirth and subsequent breastfeeding;
- eliminate age-related ptosis.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
Vera Alentova after plastic surgery – the last photos, what operations were carried out, how the star changed.
Diagnosis before breast augmentation surgery
An operation to increase the mammary glands is carried out after a medical diagnosis in the process of which the method pi is determined, the method of the procedure, as well as the size and type of implants. At the initial stage, a consultation is scheduled with a plastic surgeon, accompanied by a visual and palpation examination.
During a conversation with the patient, the doctor finds out:
- what size breasts a woman wants to have;
- whether in the future she plans to give birth to children and carry out lactation;
- whether there was a case in the family history of the appearance of breast cancer;
- Does the woman have serious health problems
- Does the patient take hormonal drugs, and in what quantity;
- Is there a congenital predisposition to increased scarring of tissues.
In addition to the survey and examination, fitting of siders (prostheses imitating silicone implants) is carried out. Fitting samples are placed in the underwear or under the woman’s clothes, and allow you to adjust the desired volume and shape of the future bust.
During the fitting, the patient sees:
- how to change her breasts;
- would she be comfortable wearing such a bust.
The procedure helps the surgeon better understand the woman’s desire and determine the method of the operation. In addition to fitting, it is possible to use 3D modeling with siders.
The computer program calculates the optimal breast size depending on the weight and height of the woman, helps to construct a breast model and understand how the patient will look with the desired volumes of the mammary glands.
Stage 2 of preparation for surgery – conducting diagnostic tests, during which it is established whether plastic surgery is permissible.
Preliminary studies consist of:
- consultations of a mammologist, gynecologist, therapist;
- Ultrasound of the mammary glands;
- blood tests for HIV, syphilis, hepatitis B, Australian antigen.
A doctor’s consultation, including trying on siders and computer modeling, costs from $ 14 – $ 20. Many clinics carry out this procedure for free. Analyzes and studies are included in the final cost of the operation. The price of mammoplasty in New York is from $ 2720 – $ 8160. depending on the qualifications of the chosen surgeon and the method of the operation.
The doctor who decides to have a surgery, the doctor strongly recommends for a month to refuse:
- from smoking;
- from the use of alcoholic beverages;
- from greasy, fried foods and lots of sweets;
- from taking dietary supplements, drugs (especially hormonal drugs).
In the evening before mammoplasty, you need:
- take a shower (you cannot lubricate the body with creams, lotions);
- remove manicure from the nails (according to the color of the nail plates during the oper
ation, the patient’s pressure is determined);
- refuse dinner.
You need to go to the clinic in the morning hungry, putting on loose clothes with buttons or buttons.
Contraindications for breast augmentation surgery
Contraindications for surgery:
- renal and liver failure;
- cardiovascular pathology;
- hormonal disorders of the thyroid gland;
- inoperable oncology;
- bronchopulmonary diseases;
- advanced syphilis;
- HIV infection;
- hepatitis A, B, C;
- nervous and psychological disorders;
- clotting pathology.
Do not have breast plastic surgery:
- During pregnancy and lactation. The operation is allowed one year after the end of breastfeeding.
- During menstruation (a procedure is prescribed 1 week before or after bleeding).
- Girls under the age of 21 (due to the possibility of delayed breast growth).
- Women suffering from sexually transmitted infections.
- With exacerbation of chronic diseases, the appearance of fever, runny nose.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
How and why the ribs are removed – efficiency, photo before and after the operation.
When to see a doctor
Breast augmentation surgery is an independent decision of a woman. There are no absolute medical indications for the procedure.
Experts advise changing the shape of the breast with the help of implants to restore the psychological balance to women:
- Having congenital asymmetry. The operation will help correct both mammary glands.
- Undergoing radical mastectomy. Removal of one or both of the mammary glands due to oncology or trauma is a major concern for women. Mammoplasty with implants will help restore the previous shape of the bust. The surgeon will not only return the chest, but also will carry out a tattoo of the nipple and areola.
- Faced with tissue ptosis after prolonged breastfeeding and pregnancy. The introduction of implants will lift the mammary glands and restore the lost elasticity of the breast.
- Having a 0 neckline size. Mammoplasty is able to correct the boy’s type of figure, giving sexuality and female forms. The increase in a small bust is carried out after the girl reaches 21 years of age.
- Losing the external shape of the breast due to severe weight loss, prolonged use of hormonal drugs.
Methods of breast augmentation surgery
Preparation for surgery begins with the choice of an implant.
In appearance, endoprostheses are divided into:
- round – suitable for adjusting the shape and size of the chest;
- anatomical (drop-shaped) – create the effect of a natural bust.
Depending on the filling, prostheses with:
- Silicone gel . Elastic and well-kept shape design, not injured by physical exertion.
- Salt content . Pillows filled with saline containing 0.9% salt. They are characterized by low market value, great softness.
- Biogel . By consistency, these are implants repeating the structure of blood plasma. Such endoprostheses take root well, but can leak.
A suitable implant is chosen by the doctor depending on:
- proportions of the female body;
- original breast size;
- structural features of the skin;
- girth of the pectoral muscle;
- problems with which the woman went to the doctor.
In addition to endoprostheses, breast augmentation can be carried out with adipose tissue removed from the woman’s hips, abdomen or buttocks. Such a natural filler is not rejected by the body, but does not protect against age-related ptosis.
Depending on the type of intervention, the methods for performing the procedure and performing an incision are distinguished:
1. Installation of the implant in the stria area requires an incision in the pigmentation zone. This method allows you to enlarge the breast, making the scar almost imperceptible, but is not used in women planning pregnancy and breastfeeding, as it injures the milk ducts.
The implant can be placed using:
- an anchor incision conducted along the nipple halo vertically down to the base of the chest and then horizontally along the muscle;
- periareolarly, in the case when the dissection of the skin passes only along the halo of the nipple;
- horizontal (crescent incision) tissue excision is carried out strictly under the pectoral muscle.
2. The introduction of endoprostheses under the breast is very convenient for the surgeon, as it gives a large area of manipulation. In this case, the incision is made under the pectoral muscle. The surgeon controls the process and the operating area.
3. Under the arm – the most progressive method that minimizes the risk of side effects and tissue injury. This technique allows you to save breastfeeding, but it is not suitable for all women because of the structure of the skin. Increased perspiration can cause prolonged healing and scarring. Such an operation is not compatible with a breast lift.
- Selection and anesthesia.
- Breast disinfection and marking of incision sites with a marker.
- Dissection of the skin with cauterization of tissues with hemostatic solutions.
- Formation of a pocket for implant placement, disinfection of the area with hemostatic tampons.
- The introduction of the endoprosthesis, its fixation.
- Suturing internal and surface tissues.
The duration of the procedure is from 1 to 3 hours.
The technology of the operation using the patient’s own adipose tissue:
- Removal of fat cells through an incision in a problem area (liposuction).
- Purification of tissues from blood in a centrifuge.
- Injection of fat cells into the chest area.
The rehabilitation process during this operation is 7 days. Edema and hematomas practically do not happen. Instead of fat deposits, breasts can be enlarged by injections of hyaluronic acid, reminiscent in composition of the polysaccharides found in the human body.
The postoperative period is about 1 month.
|Duration||Recommendations, rules of conduct|
|First 1-2 days||Strict bed rest is required. The patient is
in the clinic under the supervision of medical staff. A woman may be bothered by:
|2-3 days||The patient leaves the clinic, but must regularly visit a nurse to process the suture. Be sure to wear compression underwear. A woman needs to relax and take pain medication as much as possible.|
|Up to 5 days||It is forbidden to raise hands up. The minimum number of loads is shown. The seam place is fixed with a special plaster.|
|Within 14 days of the operation||
|Within 1 month||Pain disappears. Compression underwear can be removed at night|
|After breast augmentation surgery:||
To stop severe pain, antispasmodics prescribed by a doctor are used. A full course of rehabilitation measures is determined by a specialist.
Possible complications after surgery
Possible complications after surgery include:
- bleeding and suppuration of the suture;
- infection (stopped by antibiotics);
- loss of sensitivity of halos or nipple (appears when the implant is inserted into the paralosal zone);
- tissue necrosis (requires extraction of the endoprosthesis);
- a change in the shape of the mammary gland and its deformation (occurs when the implant is displaced due to a violation of the rules of postoperative rehabilitation);
- the appearance of scars and scars;
- the appearance of bruises (passes after 2-3 weeks)
The final effect after surgery can be estimated after 2-3 months. Breast augmentation surgery is one of the most popular and profitable areas of plastic surgery. Changing and adjusting the shape and size of the mammary glands helps women eliminate figure flaws and regain confidence in their own sexual attractiveness.
Video about surgical breast augmentation
All stages of breast augmentation surgery: