How to pull up on the horizontal bar, every man should know and be able to do this, because this exercise is the most effective for training the muscles of the shoulder girdle among all that are done without the use of additional equipment. Anyone can learn this from scratch with sufficient effort and perseverance.
- Pull-up rules
- What prevents novices
- Method of lowering own weight
- Half amplitude exercise
- Training with a partner
- Insurance Exercises
- Ways of pulling up (types of grip)
- Wide grip pull
- Reverse Grip Pull
- Upper Grip Pull
- One arm pull up
- How to breathe when pulling up
- How to learn to catch up with girls
- How to teach a child to pull up
- What is the duration of classes
- How to learn in 1 day
- How to achieve a result in a week
- How to pull up more than 30 times
- Video on how to learn how to pull up on the horizontal bar from scratch
Before starting training, it is necessary to consider in detail the technique of execution in order to prevent injuries. The most glaring mistake is to reduce the shoulders when pulling up, which can lead to damage to the cervical vertebrae and, in the worst case, the formation of an intervertebral hernia.
You can not swing, the exercise should be performed in such a way that the body is in an upright position. In the army or at competitions, if this rule is not observed, the attempt will not be counted. In addition, compliance with this rule ensures that no injuries occur.
What prevents novices
Often, beginners cannot learn how to pull themselves up. There are objective reasons for this.
The most common are:
- Excessive weight , due to which the strength of the muscles is not enough to pull itself over the bar. It should be with the help of specialized training to reset it.
- Low level of general physical fitness. It should be corrected with the help of training aimed at developing strength, agility and endurance.
- Underdeveloped muscles of the auxiliary plan. It is necessary to focus on their development.
- Wrong exercise technique. This deficiency is corrected only by regular practice and will help to avoid uneven muscle development.
Method of lowering own weight
How to learn how to pull yourself up on the horizontal bar from scratch has been told by many specialists and professionals, many methods and exercises have been compiled. First of all, you should start with lowering your own weight or in other words with “negative” pull-ups.
When using this technique, from the maximum upper position with the tension of the muscles of the hands, it is necessary to go down. An interesting feature is to perform the repetition as slowly as possible.
Half amplitude exercise
Another good exercise is incomplete pull-ups, with partial amplitude. The number of repetitions should be maximum, at least 15-20 times per set. They should be performed very slowly. This exercise allows you to swing the latissimus dorsi muscles stronger than the standard pull-ups, pump up the muscles with blood (“pump” effect).
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
Glutamic acid – what it is, why and how it is used in sports and bodybuilding.
Training with a partner
The most effective is pulling up with a partner who takes a position in the back and, supporting the legs or in the lumbar, slightly helps to pull up.
The number of repetitions per approach is gradually increasing, and when their number reaches 8-10, a person is quite capable of pulling himself up without external support.
With independent classes in the initial stages, you can take care of the availability of insurance:
- The classical method is carried out using a stool, becoming on which it turns out to pull up, hovering in the upper position for several seconds.
- The use of rubber, which is tied to a belt and helps in the process of doing the exercise. In just a few days, you can pull yourself up without her help.
- When practicing in fitness rooms, you can use a special simulator – a gravitron. It works on the principle of counterweight.
Ways of pulling up (types of grip)
Wide grip pull
To maximize the development of the upper latissimus dorsi, both amateur and professional athletes use pull-ups with a wide grip.
The methodology for their implementation is as follows:
- When hanging on the crossbar, the arms are spread as wide as possible to the sides.
- When exhaling, pulling up is performed.
- The angle of the elbows should be fixed in a position strictly perpendicular to the surface of the earth and not change, and the forearms should be parallel to each other.
- The crossbar should be at the level of the upper chest, and the chin should be above it.
- As you exhale, slowly lower yourself.
Reverse Grip Pull
In order to effectively train biceps and increase the general level of general physical training, another method of pulling is used, using the reverse grip.
- In this case, the hands are placed at the level of the width of the shoulders or slightly closer to each other, palms to the person.
- Elbows should not go apart during repetition. They must constantly be along the human body and be strictly parallel to each other.
- Legs should be bent.
- Pulling is performed as you exhale.
- It should hover somewhat at the highest point, and then gradually descend to its original position.
Upper Grip Pull
The most popular is the standard pull-up using the “normal” or in other words the “upper” grip.
- In this case, the hands hold the crossbar, placing them at a distance slightly wider than the shoulders, palms away.
- On the exhale, pulling is performed.
- The mai
n requirement is to perform the exercise without twitching, swinging and twisting. This ineffectively affects the effectiveness of muscle training and is fraught with injuries to bones, joints and ligaments experiencing increased stress.
- After that, a smooth descent to its original position. The speed of pulling up and pulling back should be the same.
- If you have experience and the proper level of physical fitness, professional athletes recommend increasing the duration of the descent compared to pulling up two or 3 times, which will allow you to develop biceps much more effectively and increase the level of endurance.
This exercise is most popular because of its versatility, all types of muscles are involved – from the biceps to the widest.
One arm pull up
For people who easily mastered all the previous types of pull-ups and for professional athletes, another type of pull-up was invented, the most difficult of all existing ones – on one arm.
To start training this exercise, one should achieve a level of general physical fitness at which a person does the usual pull-ups for 3-5 approaches, practically without a break of 15-20 repetitions.
First of all, grip should be strengthened, for which pull-ups with weights are great or just hanging on one arm.
The manual rubber expander is of great help. It is required to select the toughest of all that are presented in stores.
All this must be done in order to protect yourself from traumatic situations that theoretically can occur on the horizontal bar during this exercise.
Then, as with the usual pull-ups, you should begin to perform the “negative” pull-ups. The athlete gradually descends from the maximum upper point to the lower one as slowly as possible.
In parallel with this, during normal pull-ups, one of the hands gradually functions less and less, smoothly leading to completely abandoning the second hand during the exercise. This is done by reducing the number of fingers that wrap around the bar during repetitions.
In the end, the second hand will be used solely to stabilize the position of the body. As a result, after a difficult and exhausting preparation, it will turn out to carry out a full pull-up with one hand.
The great difficulty is that the human body will tumble back, respectively, with the help of the back muscles will have to hold it as even as possible.
To avoid injuries, it is strictly forbidden to relax the shoulder at the end of the exercise, otherwise this can lead to rupture of the joints under weight.
How to breathe when pulling up
An important aspect when doing pull-ups is breathing. When lowering, inhale and do not let out air before starting a repetition. This is necessary for easier exercise and protection from damage to the back.
How to learn to catch up with girls
By the strength to learn how to pull up on the horizontal bar, even girls. From scratch it will be incomparably more difficult for them than for males, however, as the experience of specialists and professional trainers shows, this is quite realistic.
To do this, you should follow a few basic recommendations:
- To bring the body weight in order, because due to weaker muscles, pulling up with extra pounds will be very difficult.
- Choose a thinner horizontal bar for training, due to the miniature structure of the hands and their weakness, compared to men’s.
- For strong grip with the crossbar, special gloves should be purchased that, among other things, will avoid the appearance of corns.
- Use a normal upper grip with your arms shoulder-width apart.
- Using a manual expander, train your hands for two weeks of daily exercise. Do 30-50 reps for 3-4 sets per day with each hand.
- To begin to learn directly pull-ups should be with “negative” exercises, lowering your weight. Approximately 5-6 times in 3-5 approaches for 2-3 weeks.
- At the same time, you need to train horizontal pull-ups on the Swedish wall. 10-15 times for 3-5 approaches per day for 2-3 weeks.
- Then they start pull-ups with support, within 1-2 weeks, starting from 1-2 times in 3-4 approaches, gradually increasing the number of iterations.
After completing these steps, even the most fragile girl will be able to learn how to pull up.
Do not miss the most popular heading:
Drying the body for girls. Training program, a detailed nutrition menu for a month by day.
How to teach a child to pull up
Regardless of age, any person is able to pull up on the horizontal bar. From scratch, it is easiest to learn this exercise in childhood, because at this time a person is most malleable and capable of development in all areas, from mental to physical.
To develop brushes for a long hang on the crossbar, two-week training with a rubber expander is required , the level of rigidity of which should be chosen based on the characteristics of a particular child.
Immediately after this, you can begin training. The most effective way is help from an adult who is behind him and helps to get fit. Over the course of a month, several approaches per day should be done, gradually reducing support, as a result of which the child will learn to properly pull himself up.
What is the duration of classes
The duration of one training session, when the human body is able to work with maximum efficiency, is from 25 minutes to one hour . Experts advise not to give all the best in the first approach, but to progressively increase the number of repetitions. You need to train at least 4 times a week, for 1 to 2 months.
How to learn in 1 day
Beginners often wonder what exercises to use, using what techniques and tools to learn how to pull up on the horizontal bar in one day. All pro
fessional trainers answer this question unequivocally: from scratch, without a good physical base, this is impossible. We need hard training, lasting at least a few days.
How to achieve a result in a week
It is quite possible to achieve your goals in a week. This is a very short time, but the task is feasible.
Certain exercises should be performed sequentially:
- Engage in “negative pull-ups” or in other words lowering your body.
- Then go to the pull-ups with the help of another person who helps a little while being in the back.
- The last step before the full implementation of the exercise will be pulling up with a jump and swing.
Helps to develop triceps, abs and humeral muscles such a simple exercise as push-ups from the floor. It is advisable to perform it while standing on the fists, as in this case, more muscle is involved.
Age plays a greater role, the younger a person is, the easier it is for him to learn to pull himself up.
How to pull up more than 30 times
Any person is able to learn how to pull up on the horizontal bar a large number of times, up to 30 or more repetitions. Of course, from scratch it is impossible to do this, some kind of base is needed. If there is a crossbar at home, then every time, passing by it, it is enough to pull yourself at least 10 times.
Depending on physical fitness, 30 repetitions can be achieved within a period of 2-3 weeks to a couple of months. It is even easier to do this in a fitness club where the trainer will develop an individual program based on the level of training and the capabilities of a particular person.
Pullups are a very effective exercise in order to develop your own body. Learning to perform it by the forces of any person, regardless of age, gender and initial physical capabilities.
Video on how to learn how to pull up on the horizontal bar from scratch
How to learn to pull up on the horizontal bar from scratch:
Another way to learn to pull up on the horizontal bar: pulling up from a jump: