Not all women can afford expensive facial rejuvenation procedures. Often the weaker sex resorts to the most conservative solution – facial massage. It helps to get rid of wrinkles even at home without the help of specialists. It remains to choose only the massage technique.
- What is useful facial massage at home
- The right massage technique
- General rules
- Face preparation
- Common mistakes
- Relaxing massage to reduce facial muscle tension
- Lymphatic drainage massage to rejuvenate the entire face
- The classic method of lymphatic drainage massage
- American facial massage for wrinkles
- Anti-wrinkle facial massage: how to do
- Classic anti-aging massage
- Facial massage for wrinkles between eyebrows
- Forehead wrinkle massage
- From nasolabial folds
- Facial massage to remove wrinkles around the eyes
- Wrinkled facial massage for wrinkles
- Wrinkle facial massage with roller or massager
- Acupressure facial massage
- Facial massage for wrinkles with spoons
- Japanese Asahi technique
- Japanese Shiatsu facial massage
- Thai massage
- Popular author’s methods of anti-aging facial massage
- Buccal massage technique
- Contraindications to face massage
- Best Massage Oils
- How often do you need to do massage
- Wrinkle facial massage video
What is useful facial massage at home
Quite often, cosmetologists recommend doing facial massage instead of plastic surgery. Since this is a more profitable method, besides without unpleasant consequences. Using special techniques, you can reach the deeper layers of the dermis, thereby involving the production of collagen and elastin.
The benefits of massage:
- Achieving youthful and fresh-looking face.
- Oval Correction.
- Getting a new relief.
- The acquisition of soft and supple epidermis.
- Increased skin immunity.
- Blood flow improves and blood vessels strengthen.
- Wrinkles are smoothed.
- Edema and swelling disappear.
The right massage technique
Massage on the face is always performed smoothly and gently. It is forbidden to crush and stretch the skin, it is recommended to stroke and slide on the skin.
Each massage action involves any processes, for example:
- stroking promotes blood circulation and the elimination of toxins;
- rubbing with your fingertips in a circular motion – relieve swelling, eliminate deposited fats, accelerate blood flow, and scars soften;
- kneading relieves stress;
- tingling promotes rejuvenation.
When performing a massage, it is recommended to steam the face or clean it. You can make water baths with decoctions of herbs, just wash with hot water or even take a shower. Hands should be thoroughly washed or sanitized. The skin of the fingers should be soft and smooth to avoid scratches on the face, it is also recommended to remove all rings and bracelets from the hands.
Prepare an oil and cream suitable for your skin type. For oily skin, you can add lemon juice or use talcum powder.
An improperly made facial massage for wrinkles at home can lead to some consequences.
For example, the following reactions are possible:
- wrinkle aggravation.
The following errors are common when performing massage:
- As a result of rough grinding, you can stretch and make soft skin sagging. Rubbing should be done with soft movements so as not to cause pain and microtrauma;
- Massage should be done along the massage lines. Otherwise, it is possible to change the shape of the face;
- If the procedure is not carried out regularly, then the effect will not be achieved;
- Take contraindications into account;
- Lotions, creams and massage oils should be selected according to the type of skin in order to avoid dryness, irritation or rashes.
Relaxing massage to reduce facial muscle tension
Our face is mobile, often reflects a lot of emotions. In the distant past, people could determine by wrinkles what a person’s character was. Wrinkles are a consequence of not only age-related changes and pronounced facial expressions, but also the consequence of overwork, tension of the facial muscles.
A relaxing facial massage, start from the forehead, gently pressing between the eyebrows, along the bridge of the nose. Then you should make smooth movements from the bridge of the nose to the forehead. You can include a head massage, starting from the forehead, ending with the back of the head.
General rules for relaxing massage:
- Eyebrow massage is done by lightly plucking the eyebrows and eyelids.
- The skin of the eyes needs a gentle delicate massage. Knead the outer corners, and under the eyes.
- The cheekbones are massaged towards the temples with tapping movements with your fingertips. Circular movements are suitable for tense places. The temporal muscles also require attention.
- The muscles of the mouth are massaged with light pressure and patting movements.
- In conclusion, gently pat on the face until a feeling of warmth appears.
- Search for tense muscles and massage them additionally again.
If you feel constant tiredness, it is recommended to do this massage regularly (for example, daily at the end of the day).
Lymphatic drainage massage to rejuvenate the entire face
From a biology lesson, it is known that lymph is a clear fluid containing red blood cells. She is also involved in the elimination of toxins. If lymph stagnation occurs, the so-called “waste products” accordingly accumulate.
Lymphatic drainage massage helps to establish lymph flow, thereby:
- improve your complexion;
- rejuvenate the skin of the face;
- relieve swelling;
- remove bruises under the eyes;
- normalize the secretion of sebum;
- relieve stress.
It is recommended to use such a massage, if any:
- Bruises under the eyes.
- Expression wrinkles.
- Loss of elasticity.
- Swelling of the face.
- A second chin appeared.
- It is necessary to recover after plastic surgery.
The classic method of lymphatic drainage massage
Often at home use the technique of Japanese or classic massage.
The classical method of lymphatic drainage massage includes the following techniques:
- Massage starts from the forehead. Put all your fingers on your forehead and hold them to your temples.
- Eyes are massaged with index fingers from the inner to the outer corner of the orbit along the lower contour. Then, with spiral movements, rise to the bridge of the nose.
- Massage of cheekbones and cheeks. Movements are performed with all fingers smoothly spreading them from the center of the chin, then from the corners of the lips and from the middle of the upper lip.
- The nasolabial fold is massaged from the end to the nose with the index fingers.
- The chin is massaged with thumbs, gradually rising to the ears.
American facial massage for wrinkles
Before the procedure, you need to cleanse your face.
- To begin, make light strokes along the lines of the lymph flow. It takes 3 to 5 minutes.
- Then knead and tap, and also make a vibratory movement moving in a circle at one point. Repeat each movement 8 to 10 times.
It is recommended to do 10 sessions in a row. Helps to tighten the cheeks and chin and give a healthy look to the skin.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
Face fitness for lifting the face contour, rejuvenation, muscle tone. Master class from Elena Karkukli
Anti-wrinkle facial massage: how to do
Anti-aging facial massage at home for wrinkles is recommended after 45 years. It enhances blood flow, restores elasticity and strengthens blood vessels.
Classic anti-aging massage
Step-by-step instructions for a classic anti-aging facial massage:
- Previously, the face should be cleaned and smeared with cream.
- Start massage with stroking movements. Thus, warm the skin of the face until a slight redness appears.
- Then knead the face with your fingertips.
- Tone the skin using pinch movements.
- Tapping with fingertips should be done carefully at the end of the massage.
It should be noted that all movements should be performed painlessly. Frequency of receptions from 8 to 10 times. Take a course in 10 sessions.
Facial massage for wrinkles between eyebrows
To begin with, as usual with facial massage, preparatory procedures are going on – the face should be cleaned or steamed. You can get rid of wrinkles between the eyebrows at home using the classic massage technique.
Classic massage techniques between eyebrows:
- Draw an infinity sign between the eyebrows with the index finger, then the number 8.
- Tap in the area between the eyebrow with your fingertips.
- Smooth wrinkles from top to bottom and vice versa.
- To smooth wrinkles with horizontal movements.
Forehead wrinkle massage
To get rid of facial wrinkles, you can use the following technique:
- Massage is required to be performed with clean hands on a clean face with various oils.
- It is necessary to start with horizontal stroking from the middle of the forehead to the temples. Repeat up to 8 times.
- Knead without lifting your fingers in a circle from the nose to the temples.
- Putting one palm on top of the other, shift the skin to the sides. Do up to 15 times.
- Finish the massage by tapping and stroking.
From nasolabial folds
Nasolabial folds are formed due to the high activity of the facial muscles. Such a massage improves the flow of blood and lymph, the tissues are saturated with oxygen, nutrients. Massage should be done after cleansing the skin and hands. You can use face creams and oils.
- Start by stroking the nasolabial folds from top to bottom and from the corners of the lips to the ears, then on the wings of the nose to the ears.
- Rub in the same lines as with stroking.
- Vibrations are carried out by lightly pressing the nasolabial fold with your fingertips.
- Completion is done by stroking, as at the beginning of the procedure.
Facial massage to remove wrinkles around the eyes
A facial massage at home from wrinkles around the eyes can be performed using several techniques.
- Taoist massage
- Tibetan massage
- from “crow’s feet”;
- swelling under the eyes.
Taoist massage activates a better blood supply to tissues. It is carried out by pressing the fingertips around the eyes clockwise and counterclockwise. Approximately 6-7 pressures will be enough, and the final stage is light pats.
Massage against crow’s feet is recommended with almond oil. The technique is the same as with Taoist massage.
The technique of Tibetan massage is to alternate massage and exercise:
- Eyes closed for a minute.
- With the eyelids lowered, gently press on the eyes. Repeat 15 times.
- Close your eyelids with your hands and try to open. Must be repeated 10 times.
- Stroke the inner corners of the eyes with ring fingers. Make movements up to 6 times.
- Blink for 30 seconds.
- Press lightly on the inner corner 10 times and 10 times on the outer corner of the eye.
Wrinkled facial massage for wrinkles
The benefits of facial massage in relaxing facial muscles, which helps in getting rid of wrinkles, bumps, blemishes and scars. The most famous type of pinching massage using the Jacques technique. Often it is done only by specialists, since it is quite difficult to perform it at home for the first time.
The technique of self-massage at home is as follows:
- Apply a scrub to the face.
- Make light pats with your fingertips.
- Make pinching movements throughout the face, preferably along the massage lines with the thumb and forefinger.
- Press on problem areas.
- End the session with stroking movements and washing off the scrub.
Each movement is recommended to be done no more than 10 times.
Wrinkle facial massage with roller or massager
Facial massagers are quite common on the cosmetic market.
The most famous of them:
- Jade Rollers. Usually they drive on the skin of the face and neck.
- Bamboo and amber sticks for massage.
- A hollow roller is used in problem areas, moving 8.
- Massage with a roller for mesotherapy is done with various oils.
Acupressure facial massage
- To massage the face using a point technique, you need to use only 3 fingers: index, middle and ring.
- The forehead is considered the roughest area of the face, so the massage is done in a spiral. They begin to move from the middle of the forehead to the temples.
- There are dimples slightly below the cheekbones, and if you even press lightly on them, it will hurt. This area is recommended to be gently pressed with index fingers simultaneously on both sides.
- Gently pressing on the area of the chin and underneath on the area of the root of the tongue, this part of the face is massaged.
- On the nose, the fossa near the wings of the nose and the of the nose and eyebrows are massaged.
- The eyelids need soft pressure, as they are quite sensitive. They begin to press with index fingers from the inner corner to the outer corner of the eye.
Facial massage for wrinkles with spoons
Facial massage at home from wrinkles can be done with warm and cold spoons.
With warm spoons, the following technique exists:
- It is recommended to start with nasolabial folds. They are massaged with the help of spoons along the trajectories: from the bottom to the top, from the nose to the temples, from the corners of the mouth to the ears.
- Two folded spoons convex side to each other to knead the lower part of the chin, moving to the ear.
- I massage the nose from the base moving to the top.
- The forehead is massaged in a zigzag from the beginning of the eyebrows to the temples.
Japanese Asahi technique
Before performing the massage, it is recommended to cleanse the skin. Then proceed with its implementation.
- Frontal muscles can be strengthened with the help of the index, middle and ring fingers. It is necessary to fix the hands in a horizontal position on the forehead, so that the pads of the 3 fingers are in the middle of the forehead. Then pressing, but not letting go to the temples and go down smoothly to the bottom of the collarbone.
- To get rid of wrinkles on the eyelids we also use fingertips. We begin to move from the outer corners of the eyes to the inner along the lower eyelid, then from the inner to the outer along the upper eyelid. How to draw a circle without lifting your fingers.
- You can raise the corners of the mouth by pressing on the center of the chin, after smoothly outlining the mouth will stop in the middle above the lip and sharply tear off your finger, after counting by 3.
- With the middle fingers, knead the nasolabial folds in semicircular movements, moving from top to bottom.
- With 3 fingers you need to press the center of the chin, then move up to the orbits, round the mouth. With this movement, the cheeks, cheekbones and corners of the mouth are strengthened.
- Massage movements are performed separately on each side. From the angle of the lower jaw by pressing, we move to the inner corner of the eye.
- Put your hands on the cheekbones so that the elbows look to the sides, i.e. horizontally and so that the fingers rest on the nose. Press and swipe your fingers to the ears.
- Cheeks will not sag if you put your palms on both sides on your lips and with pressure move up to the nostrils.
- Do the same with cheekbones, but start with the chin.
- Chin massage will help to correct face contour. Begin from the middle of the chin to the ears, using pressure.
- The final stage of forehead massage, as in the first paragraph.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
Facial massage according to the Japanese doctor Asahi Zogan.
Japanese Shiatsu facial massage
An instrument performing this facial massage against the wrinkles of the fingertips. By acting precisely, it helps to get rid of many problems at home. The execution technique is provided by 3 middle fingers. The duration of pressure should be 5-7 seconds before the onset of pain.
There is a special scheme of points that need to be pressed. There are 24 on the forehead, only 3 on the eyebrows: at the beginning, in the center and at the end. Between the eyebrows you need to massage with all 3 fingers. Point of the outer corner of the eye, inner, etc.
Before performing the Chinese technique, usd your palms until there is heat in them.
- Close your face with your palms and blink, while covering your eyes with your palms. Do circular motions.
- Fingers massage the nose with circular fingers.
- Pat cheeks with fingertips, counting to 10.
- As if with a hand, we draw from the forehead over the head, pumping in the back of the head.
Thai technique of self-massage of the face is recommended to relieve stress and fatigue.
- The process begins with stroking the temples, then moving on to the nostrils and nasolabial folds and at the end of the cheek. Everything is done in a circular motion.
- Pressing movements massage the chin, cheeks and ears.
- The session ends with stroking movements.
Popular author’s methods of anti-aging facial massage
Buccal massage technique
Joel Siocco is the author of a buccal massage technique. This is a famous French beautician and biochemist, who in her 60s looks 30 years old.
A distinctive feature of this massage is that it focuses mainly on the lower part of the face, so that the corners of the lips rise. And besides, the muscles of the lower third are massaged externally and internally (through the mouth with gloves), which makes them hurt, as after a workout.
Spaniard Vicent Ferradis Garcia became the author of chiromassage. He mixed eastern and western massage techniques. The master uses pads of fingers, palms, elbows and forearms, but does everything gently without kneading.
Contraindications to face massage
The main contraindications to facial massage:
- Allergy or infection of the skin.
- ENT diseases.
- Tumors of a different nature.
- Diseases of the lymphatic syste
- Low intracranial pressure.
- Poor blood coagulation.
- Brittle blood vessels.
- Hirsutism (increased hair growth).
- Many moles on the face.
- After the microdermabrasion procedure.
- Inflamed nerves of the face.
Best Massage Oils
Oil is necessary for facial massage for:
- better slip of the hands of the master;
- achieving a better result;
- toning, moisturizing, nourishing the skin.
As a rule, oil is selected based on its type of skin. Wheat growth oil or apricot kernel oil is suitable for dry skin. Normal skin – olive or almond oil. Greasy – jojoba or sunflower oil. For the lifting effect (oval lift), sandalwood, geranium, rosewood, myrrh and rose oils are used.
How often do you need to do massage
Facial massage at home from wrinkles is recommended to be done based on age. If up to 30 years it should be done once a year with a session of 10 procedures, then after 30 already twice a year, also 10 procedures.
For copyrighted methods, their own dates. Joel Siocco will need a massage several times a week, but the number of procedures is from 7 to 10. And for the technique of Vicente Ferradis Garcia, 5-6 times are enough.
Facial massage is an effective remedy for wrinkles. It is possible by fairly easy technologies at home to tighten the oval of the face, eliminate crow’s feet and rejuvenate in general.
Wrinkle facial massage video
How to massage your face from wrinkles at home:
Simple and easy facial massage for wrinkles: