Papillomas or warts on the body are a common problem. These formations are benign and do not threaten human health. But how to get rid of this problem, a small number of people know.
- What is papilloma
- How can you get infected
- Types of Papillomas
- What are dangerous papillomas on the body
- Papillomavirus removal
- Papillomavirus radiosurgery
- Laser coagulation
- Ointments, gels, creams
- Medications for the treatment of warts
- Antiviral drugs
- Folk remedies
- Video on the topic: how to get rid of papillomas on the body
What is papilloma
Papillomas on the body (how to get rid of them will be described below) are formed due to the rapid growth and reproduction of epithelial cells. These are soft neoplasms that have an elongated shape. The color of papillomas depends on their type and can acquire a flesh, yellowish or brownish tint.
The place of their localization often becomes:
Such neoplasms are able to form in the process of a lifetime. The reason for their occurrence pathogen present in the body of almost every person, and he can manifest himself due to weakened immunity.
How can you get infected
Papillomas on the body, how to get rid of this problem or prevent its occurrence are issues that concern many. In fact, it is a disease that can affect both adults and children. Infection is not difficult. The virus can enter the human body from the external environment, where it is able to inhabit for a very long time.
The main danger of the virus is its imperceptible presence in the body, when a person is completely unaware of its presence. An infected object becomes unsafe not only for members of its family, but also for those who accidentally find themselves nearby.
The disease is transmitted:
- Through unprotected intercourse. Intimacy with an infected person increases the risk of catching the virus. According to medical research, a strong half of humanity is a great danger, but the female sex can spread HPV.
- Household way. If a patient is present in the family, then you can become infected if: wear shoes or clothing infected; use general hygiene items.
- The vertical way. Infection occurs before the 6th week of pregnancy or during childbirth. If a baby is born with difficulty breathing as a result of the presence of growths in its respiratory organs, they will be immediately operated on, since treatment with medications is useless.
The risks of catching an infection increase if there are abrasions on the skin, wounds. This is a free path for the penetration of viral cells.
In addition, there are favorable factors for the development of the disease:
- weakened immunity;
- lack of vitamins and minerals;
- addiction to alcohol;
- disturbed microflora in the vagina;
- diabetes mellitus (including all types);
- stay at any stage of pregnancy;
- exacerbation of any chronic disease;
- stressful situations;
- impaired metabolism;
- prolonged use of hormonal drugs.
In addition, there are places where it is very easy to pick up the causative agent of the disease:
- public transport (the virus accumulates on the seats, handrails);
- a nail salon where unsterilized tools are often used.
To minimize the risk of infection, doctors strongly recommend that you do not engage in erratic sexual relations, give up bad habits and treat chronic diseases in a timely manner.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
Amaranth oil – properties and applications in cosmetology, reviews, price of funds.
Types of Papillomas
There are such types of papillomas:
- Flat. These are teenage skin lesions. Only a dermatologist can eliminate them. They are formed mainly on the forehead, cheeks or neck. Many patients have pain, itching, and burning in place of such papillomas.
- Filiform warts have an elongated pedicle and are distinguished by their elongated shape and mobility. Usually they suffer people after 40 years. Their growth is associated with a change in hormonal levels at this age. They are located under the mammary glands, on the eyelids or face.
- Vulgar or ordinary . These are rough formations localized on the feet, knees and toes. They are small in size. In connection with their ability to merge into groups on the affected area, a large number of them are formed. They do not pose any danger to human health, but several cases are known when such growths develop into malignant.
- Perianal genital warts. In shape, they look like cauliflower, and their location is the genitals or oral mucosa.
- Plantar They are localized in the sole area. Such a variety of formations gives a person considerable discomfort. Usually they disappear on their own with a change of season or with an increase in immunity.
- Squamous. The growths are unsafe, as they are characterized by excessive mobility, therefore, the risk of developing squamous cell carcinoma increases.
- Fibropapilloma. These formations are not malignant, but in their shape resemble a mushroom. They grow slowly, but are easily susceptible to damage. There is a high probability of developing them into melanoma.
- Inverted . Pathology develops in the nose and quickly spreads to the frontal and maxillary sinuses. This rare type of papilloma is very dangerous for human health.
- Angiopapilloma. This is a benign formation of connective tissue. It is rather difficult to diagnose it at the initial stage. Oncology may occur.
What are dangerous papillomas on the body
Papillomas on the body occasionally cause a person inconvenience or harm his health. But some people perceive them as an unpleasant cosmetic effect and try to get rid of them faster.
Papillomas are often formed:
- on the external genitalia;
- on the neck;
- under the mammary glands.
An infection gets into the resulting wound, which ends with swelling and necrosis.
The degeneration of papillomas into cancer is rare and the cause of this phenomenon can be:
- hormonal disbalance;
- chronic diseases.
To prevent such a dangerous development of pathology, when a papilloma is detected, it is recommended to monitor its condition. If over time it begins to change, urgent medical attention will be required.
Signs indicating the conversion of the growth into a malignant formation:
- increase in the size of
- manifestation of pain;
- shade change;
- suspicious discharge.
Genital papillomas are more dangerous for humans. Their appearance:
- disrupts the functioning of the genitourinary system;
- interferes with full sexual activity.
If the problem is ignored, growths grow. There is erosion or cancer of the cervix, and in men this is manifested by deformation of the penis. If pathology is formed in the throat, then breathing is disturbed and asthma attacks may occur, and if papilloma is damaged, severe bleeding can result.
Papillomas on the body (how to get rid of them, how to recognize the presence of pathology in time, the doctor will tell) need to be treated. A dermatologist or venereologist can diagnose the presence of a virus in the body.
As it turned out, there are many types of viruses, and each of them has its own characteristics. Therefore, it is impossible to determine its presence only by an initial visual inspection. The only exception is typical genital papillomas, which the doctor will not confuse with any other neoplasms.
Diagnosis of HPV consists of several methods:
- CPR is a classic diagnosis that allows you to identify the virus and determine its type. The technique will help to find out whether the disease appeared against the background of a decrease in immunity or is it a chronic phenomenon that has been going on for many years.
- Colposcopy is a method by which the presence of genital papillomas on the external genitalia and cervix is detected. Research is carried out under a special microscope. Condylomas are treated with a 3% solution of acetic acid, after which they are stained in pearl white. This procedure makes it possible to see the clear boundaries of the pathology.
- A biopsy is a procedure in which tissue is taken from the body. Then they are stained with dyes, after which their detailed study begins. This is the most common and most reliable research method.
The last procedure is carried out in two ways:
- cytological, which makes it possible to carefully study cells under a microscope, and identify possible changes in them;
- histological, requiring not a superficial scraping of the cells, but the taking of a piece of tissue, in which its layers and structural features are studied.
Diagnosis of papillomas is a very important procedure, without which the appointment of effective therapy is impossible.
A special tool is used here – a radio knife. The action of the waves greatly heats the papilloma and destroys it without affecting healthy tissue.
The operation is carried out very quickly, and its advantages are:
- prevents infection of wounds;
- short rehabilitation period;
- scars do not form;
- low probability of relapse.
However, this method of getting rid of papillomas has both advantages and disadvantages, and the main one is the high cost.
Also this method is not suitable:
- pregnant women;
- people with diabetes;
- patients with oncology.
How to remove papillomas using radio waves:
The operation is performed using a laser. It acts on papillomas for 1/2 minutes. The resulting scab disappears within 2 weeks.
The advantages of this procedure are:
- formations are liquidated in 1 approach.
The operation is sometimes performed under local anesthesia, as some patients complain of pain.
Papillomas are removed from the body using an electric current that destroys the protein structure of the growths. As a result of the operation, the formations are charred and wrinkled. A crust forms at the site of exposure, falling off after 2 weeks.
The procedure has several disadvantages:
- pain is felt;
- the likelihood of scarring, age spots.
Liquid nitrogen is used, under the influence of which the nutrition of papillomas is disrupted, and tissue necrosis develops. The treated lesion site loses its sensitivity, acquires a solid structure and turns white. During the operation, the patient does not feel pain, but no one guarantees that the disease will not return again.
Operation is contraindicated:
- in the presence of acute infection;
- with intolerance to cold;
- with oncological diseases.
Ointments, gels, creams
Today, pharmacies offer a wide range of various ointments and creams against papillomas.
Many of them are unique and have extraordinary therapeutic effects :
|The name of the drug||Description|
|Ointment “Viferon”||Includes human interferon with antiviral and immunomodulating properties. It has no contraindications, so it can be used for young children, pregnant wom
en. Affected areas are treated with ointment no more than 4 times a day. The period of use is 7 days. It is better to start using the drug at the initial stage of the disease. The price of the tube is approximately $ 1,9.
|Oxolinic Ointment||A popular cheap remedy (about $ 1,22) is used in complex therapy. The medication has a strong antiviral effect, destroys existing microorganisms and prevents the emergence of new ones. The tool can be used on any area of the skin. It is applied to the affected area of the skin 3 times a day for 2 weeks. Launched cases require treatment for up to 4 months.|
|Ointment “Clareol”||The best remedy against papillomas, which allows you to solve the problem painlessly and without a trace. The treatment course is 10 days. The lesion sites are treated with careful massaging movements so as not to damage the leg of the papilloma. After a week, a crust appears, the formation disappears.|
|Vishnevsky ointment||Proven bactericidal, antiviral and pain medication. It includes racine oil, which contributes to the elimination of growths. The agent is applied 2–3 times a day to the affected area, after which it is covered with a bandage. The tool is used until the papillomas disappear. Its cost is inexpensive (from $ 0,44), but for many, the repulsive factor is its specific smell.|
|“Panavir”||This is an ointment and gel that gently removes growths. The medication is made solely on the basis of herbal components. Its use allows you to get rid of education, its root. The tool is recommended to be used for 10 days, and it should be applied 5 times a day. The price of a small tube is $ 2,04, and a large one is $ 12,24.|
Medications for the treatment of warts
There are also many other drugs that fight papillomas.
|The name of the drug||Description|
|Isoprinosine||It has antiviral and immunostimulating properties. The active substance is inosine pranobex. Take 1/2 tablets 4 times a day. Assign to children, the elderly. Contraindications: urolithiasis, children under 3 years old, hypersensitivity. The cost ranges from 500? $ 23. and depends on the number of tablets in the package.|
|Alpizarin||Tablets, which include the main substance – magniferin. This component eliminates the DNA of the virus. The duration of treatment should be 3 weeks. Contraindications: children under 3 years of age, non-perception of lactose by the body, pregnancy in the first trimester. Price: $ 2,04.|
|Rimantadine||This is a tool that destroys the shell of the virus. It is made in the form of a powder for children. For adults, pills. Used for preventive purposes. Contraindications: intolerance to components, diseases of the kidneys, liver, pregnancy. Price: $ 2,24.|
|Galavit||Anti-inflammatory and immunomodulating medication, available in tablet form. It is drunk 4 times a day. Contraindications: children under 12 years old, intolerance, pregnancy. Price: from $ 3,26.|
|Arbidol||The drug, not only eliminating the virus, but also enhancing immunity. Presented in the form of capsules or tablets. Umifenovir is an active substance. It can not be taken for children under 3 years of age and for people who have an increased sensitivity to the components of the drug. The price of the drug averages $ 5,37.|
The treatment of the papilloma virus is supplemented by antiviral drugs, among which stand out:
- Novirin. This tool has an effective action against the virus. In addition, it strengthens the immune system. However, the drug is prohibited for use by people with hypersensitivity to the elements of the drug, as well as suffering from urolithiasis, gout and renal failure. Prices range from $ 5 – $ 6.
- Immunosine ? means made in the form of tablets. It is taken to actively fight the virus. Take 1 tablet 4 times a day for 2 weeks, followed by a weekly break. Contraindications to the use of the medication are hypersensitivity, children under one year of age, the presence of urolithiasis, pregnancy. The price category varies between $ 0,24 – $ 0,54.
- Groprinosin. It acts against the virus. Take 6 tablets at least 3 times a day. The course of treatment can last up to 1 month. Contraindications: individual intolerance, renal failure, pregnancy, children under 3 years old. The average cost depends on the number of tablets and ranges from $ 7 – $ 16.
Papillomas on the body (everyone who had to deal with this problem wants to know how to get rid of growths) in addition to drug therapy, they are effectively treated with folk remedies.
These are the following tools:
- Garlic. On the basis of this spicy plant, a therapeutic cream is prepared, which is applied to the affected areas. To prepare a therapeutic agent, several cloves of garlic are finely chopped, after which 1 teaspoons. funds mixed with 2 teaspoons. any hand cream, after which it is applied to a cotton wool or bandage, is applied to the papilloma and is fixed with a bandage that is removed after 4 hours. The treatment course lasts 4-6 weeks.
- Aloe. The pulp of the plant is applied to the formation and left overnight. Actions are repeated for 10 days.
- Potato, celandine, thuja . A jar with a capacity of 0,3 gallon per quarter is filled with potato growth, filled with dry celandine in the same amount, the remaining space is filled with young shoots of thuja. The mixture is poured with medical alcohol and infused for 10 days. The finished mixture damage is treated 3 times a day.
- Dandelion . A gallon can is densely filled with fresh flowers and filled with cologne. Infused for 2 weeks. Then the home remedy is filtered, and the prepared infusion of papillomas is processed 3–5 times a day.
- The zest of lemon and mandarin is pickled in vinegar, then applied to the neoplasms (fixed with a plaster).
- Chicken protein is applied to the affected surface in 2 layers. For several days, the papilloma disappears.
- Tar soap . Birch tar is added to ordinary soap. It is applied to the papilloma at night. Therapy should last 1 month.
- Flaxseed oil prevents the degeneration of cells due to the content of essential fatty acids. The tool is applied to papillomas for 20 minutes 3 times a day.
- Horse chestnut . With the use of this folk remedy, a bath is prepared. To do this, 0.5 bucket of fruit is poured with boiling water and infused for 12 hours. Tincture is added to the bath. Using this method is recommended for 2 weeks every other day.
You can get rid of papillomas on the body, but not everyone knows how to do this.
It is not recommended to self-medicate. Only a qualified doctor can identify the disease, determine its severity and prescribe effective treatment.
Video on the topic: how to get rid of papillomas on the body
Papillomas on the body and how to get rid of them: