A wash for dyed hair at home is a way to remove boring colors or the ability to get rid of unsuccessful staining. In the process of washing, substances acting on the hair remove the coloring pigment from them.
- How hair wash works – what effect can be achieved
- Is it possible to return the natural color of hair with a wash
- How does washing affect hair
- What composition for washing is better to choose regarding the type of hair
- How to do a wash at home
- Preparation of the composition and tools
- Step-by-step procedure
- Hair Care After Washing
- Nuances of washing for dark curls
- Nuances of washing for light curls
- What should be considered for washing red hair
- Homemade Recipes
- Based on kefir
- Honey based
- Soda based
- Oil based
- Wine Based
- Camomile based
- Based on laundry soap
- Rinse with lemon juice
- Aspirin Wash
- Rhubarb Rinse
- Egg wash
- Professional cosmetic formulations
- Estel color off
- Brelil professional
- PAUL MITCHELL
- L’Oreal Professionnel
- Baco color remove
- Tips from professional beauticians
How hair wash works – what effect can be achieved
Using a hair wash is the best option to return to the original color. It contains active chemical elements: brighteners, pigment substituents, etc.
When they enter the hair structure, they either reduce the pigment molecule to a minimum size, or completely destroy it.
Washing off pigments of hair dye at home using traditional cosmetics and professional washes is always a stress for the hair. Therefore, hairdressers do not recommend using this procedure too often.
There are two types of flushing work:
- Surface wash . In this case, the pigment is washed off only from the surface of the hair itself. This procedure is suitable for dyeing hair in light colors or with a slight change in color.
- Deep wash. It is recommended to deep wash in professional salons. During it, active chemical oxidizing agents are used, which are able to completely destroy paint pigments from the inside of the hair structure.
What determines the result of washing, which is carried out at home:
- quality and manufacturer of paints and washes;
- structure and type of hair;
- pigment color and natural hair color;
- the correctness of the procedure and preparation.
For light shades, just one surface wash is enough, you can display black only using 2-3 procedures. The most difficult to wash off the paint with red pigments. In this case, they often resort to bleaching hair.
Is it possible to return the natural color of hair with a wash
Restoring the natural color of hair is quite difficult, especially at home. Depending on the natural color and the color of the hair, one or more washing procedures may be necessary.
Professionals recommend returning to their color gradually over several surface wash procedures.
An exception in the form of a deep wash is necessary if the natural color is light and the hair is dyed dark.
In this case, you must wait until the hair grows a few inch, and then conducts the procedure itself. In this case, the means for washing is applied not to all hair, but only to part. This avoids contact with skin and hair follicles.
Experts advise using traditional cosmetics to return to their natural color at home. This will help to fully preserve color and get rid of foreign pigment. Professional rinse-off products are also available that reduce the amount of coloring pigment and do not affect the natural shade.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
Fashionable hair colors this year. Photos and trends of hairdressing.
How does washing affect hair
The negative effect of washing on the hair is associated primarily with the active action of chemical components. Getting into the structure of the hair, they destroy not only the coloring pigment, but also the tissue of the hair itself.
Due to washing at home, hair can be affected as follows:
- chemicals that can cause damage to the hair follicles if they get on the scalp. This leads to hair loss and a decrease in their density;
- pigment breakdown adversely affects hair structure. It can become porous. Because of this, brittleness increases, the number of split ends;
- the condition of the scalp worsens. Highly sensitive skin may cause irritation, an allergic reaction, and even a chemical burn.
The effects on hair are directly related to the type of wash. For weak, damaged hair, it is better to use a surface wash or apply folk cosmetics.
After washing, it is necessary to improve the hair.
This can be done using special series of caring cosmetics for damaged hair. Vitamin and mineral complexes will help improve the condition of the scalp and hair follicles.
What composition for washing is better to choose regarding the type of hair
The negative effect of washing on the hair can be reduced by selecting a product for your hair type:
- Washes for oily hair. For such hair, you can use almost any means. The released fat lubricates and protects the hair from severe drying out. But for this type, it is not recommended to use natural washes based on vegetable oils, cream and fatty kefir.
- Washes for normal hair. In this case, almost any washings can also be used. But it is necessary to give preference to means in which there is less oxidizing agent and no ammonia.
- Dry hair wash. Owners of such curls are better to use only natural washes. It is not recommended to use products based on soda and soap, and also do not add alcohol to the wash.
How to do a wash at home
Preparation of the composition and tools
When making a natural wash or using a professional makeup at home, it is necessary to use dishes and tools made of ceramic, glass or plastic. To prepare you will need:
- a towel (shoulders are covered with it);
- a bowl for preparing the composition;
- sponge for applying;
- plastic bag or shower cap;
- stirring tool.
Instructions for using the wash:
- The product is applied only to dry, not washed hair.
- Less roots should be applied to the roots, and more to the ends.
- After applying the hair, you need to collect it in a knot, put a hat on top or wrap it with plastic wrap.
- Duration – 1 hour (for professional products – 20 minutes).
- Rinse off the product with a hair balm, shampoo, laundry soap or rinse aid (depending on the composition of the wash).
- You cannot blow dry your hair.
- You can repeat the procedure no earlier than 1 week later.
Instructions for professional products may vary.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
Fashionable bob haircut for medium hair. Photo, front and rear view.
Hair Care After Washing
Comprehensive care for the scalp and hair will quickly restore them after the washing procedure. Care should contain the following elements:
- Nourishing and moisturizing masks:
- with fruit acids, keratin and proteins;
- based on sour cream for dry and normal hair;
- based on chicken eggs for oily hair.
- Vitamins Special vitamin complexes can be added to shampoos and masks, used for head massage.
- Massage. It helps improve the functioning of hair follicles by stimulating blood circulation.
- Refusal of harmful effects on the hair. In the first weeks, it is better to abandon the use of a hair dryer and hair dye.
Nuances of washing for dark curls
Removing dark pigment from hair is long and difficult. Depending on the desired shade, the procedure can be applied from 3 times. A black wash requires lightening and discoloration; for this, means with hydrogen peroxide and ammonia are required.
They have a very negative effect on the hair and can cause carrot-colored hair, which must be washed off additionally .
At home, folk remedies based on drinking soda and ascorbic acid will help get rid of the dark shade. The concentration of oxidizing agents in these substances is less than in professional products, but can also harm the hair.
Nuances of washing for light curls
To wash off light hair dye is quite easy. An exception is some tint balms that are not chemically exposed. Problems can only occur if the hair is severely bleached before dyeing.
Rinse off the blond and light blond shade by any means. Among professional ones, it is best to select funds without oxidizing agents and ammonia. Masks based on kefir (fermented baked milk), vegetable oils and conditioners with lemon or chamomile will help to remove color at home.
What should be considered for washing red hair
It is quite difficult to remove pigment after staining in red and chestnut shades. Especially for those who have natural hair color blond or light blond. When washing off red hair, several features must be considered:
- when choosing a wash, priority should be given to one that does not violate the natural color of the hair;
- may need several procedures;
- for very fair hair it is necessary to carry out the procedure for clarification, in rare cases – for bleaching.
Experts in these cases recommend using tint balms of light brown or ash-platinum color at all stages.
The minus when washing off red hair is a yellowish tint that appears even after several procedures. Frequent procedures using oxidizing agents are very harmful to the hair, so redhead girls need to stock up on a lot of caring cosmetics.
Based on kefir
Kefir-based cleanser is perfect for weak and dry hair. To prepare this product at home, you will need a gallon of kefir. One spoon of salt is added to it and the liquid is mixed. At the end of cooking, pour one tablespoon of oil.
For dry hair, you can add two chicken eggs, and to remove the red pigment – a few drops of lemon juice. With a lack of kefir, it can be replaced with fermented baked milk.
To wash off the paint, you can use exclusively natural honey. Honey remover is suitable for “removing” old paint or returning to a natural color.
To prepare a honey wash you will need a large amount of liquid honey. The curls need to be completely covered with the product, and then wrap the hair with linen cloth. The fabric will also need a lot, because it is quickly saturated with honey.
For the effectiveness of a professional product, the honey procedure must be repeated about 4-7 times, depending on the desired shade of hair.
A hair wash at home from soda dries hair very much, so it can only be used by people with a head prone to oily. The advantage of soda is its high performance.
To prepare the wash mask, 5 tablespoons of drinking soda (for short hair) should be gradually stirred in warm water. If the length of the hair from the neck to the shoulder blades, you will need from 7 to 10 tablespoons, and for long hair from 10 to 15.
Keep the wash about 20 minutes, if the hair is bright red or black, the time increases by 5 minutes. You can wash off soda with any shampoo, but if it is difficult, any laundry soap will help.
Experts do not recommend the frequent use of a soda mask and repeat the procedure more than 2 times in a single color wash process.
Castor and burdock oil hair wash is the most useful cosmetic procedure for removing coloring pigment. It will take a long time to return to the original color, but during this time the hair will undergo a restoration procedure.
A mixture of oils must be rubbed into the roots of the hair for several minutes, and then distributed along the length of the hair comb.
Then the hair is left for 5 minutes. Oils should not be washed off with shampoo, but with hair balm and chamomile broth. This procedure is suitable for the return of red and chestnut color.
Wine-based cleanser is used to return the hair to light shades. Only dry whit
e wine is suitable for this. It must be mixed with water in a ratio of 1 to 5 and heated to a comfortable temperature.
White wine can dry hair, so it is recommended to add 1 teaspoon of any vegetable oil to it. When washing off a very dark pigment, at least 7 procedures will be required.
Chamomile is often used to care for blond hair. Daily use of chamomile as a rinse will lighten hair or rinse light paint from it.
To wash off the paint you need to use a highly concentrated infusion of chamomile: a glass of dried or fresh flowers in a glass of boiling water.
Based on laundry soap
Hair wash at home based on laundry soap is very easy to use. Enough to replace the shampoo with soap. With regular daily use, many people notice pigment flushing. To enhance the effect, you can leave foam soap on your hair for 3-5 minutes.
The disadvantage of this home remedy is the strong drying of the hair. Therefore, hairdressers advise after each procedure to use a moisturizing mask and not to apply soap on the hair roots.
Rinse with lemon juice
Lemon juice perfectly brightens the hair and destroys the pigments of dark and red paint. When using it, you must remember that in its pure form, juice can harm hair.
It’s best to use the following wash recipe: Do you need to add the juice of one lemon to glasses of low-fat kefir, then a glass of brandy and egg white are added there. For an hour and a half, this mixture on the hair will remove the unfortunate color of the tint balm.
When lightening or dyeing hair, individual strands can acquire an unpleasant greenish tint. Get rid of it will help aspirin. To prepare such a product, you need to crush 5 tablets of aspirin into a powder.
Then the powder is poured into half a glass of warm water. Gruel is applied to the entire length of the hair or to individual strands. Rinse off aspirin with shampoo for damaged hair.
The preparation of a rhubarb remover for hair at home is similar to a white wine based product. AT gallon of warm white wine adds cups of dry rhubarb. The mixture must be evaporated to half, cooled and applied over the entire length of the hair.
To prepare such a wash, beat 3 egg whites to a state of persistent foam. Then 3 tablespoons of castor oil is added to the foam (another oil will not work). The mixture is applied to the hair. An egg wash is ideal for restoring color to dry or damaged hair.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
Fashionable bob cut for short hair. Photo, front and rear view.
Professional cosmetic formulations
Estel color off
Estel Color Off Rinse consists of 3 components:
- reducing agent;
- a catalyst;
A mixture of a reducing agent and a catalyst leads to a chemical reaction that can destroy and remove pigment without the use of an oxidizing agent and ammonia, which is harmful to hair. At the same time, the hair does not lighten, namely, get rid of unnecessary pigment.
With the help of a neutralizer, you can trace how qualitatively the color has washed off and whether another procedure is needed. For this substance is applied to one of the strands and monitor the result. Partial color return indicates the need for another wash procedure.
Brelil Professional, home-based hair wash, is recommended for those who want to return to the natural color of the stripes. The action of the product is based on the destruction of the connection of paint and hair structure.
Thus, the pigment is not destroyed, but washed out. For this, you will not need aggressive chemical reactions that adversely affect the health of the hair.
Rinse Brelil Professional in one application removes two layers of paint at once. This effect can be achieved thanks to two components of the tool. Manufacturers added to the composition of the wash and the caring component: proteins and fruit acids.
Rinse PAUL MITCHELL belong to cosmetics with high efficiency. In one procedure, it is possible to remove the entire pigment or lighten the hair by 3-4 tones. The washing composition does not include hydrogen peroxide and aggressive ammonia. This allows you to use it on damaged hair.
To improve the condition of the hair, stylists advise using the entire PAUL MITCHELL series.
This includes not only washing, but also cosmetics for hair care after the procedure. They are able to neutralize chemical reactions to lighten and destroy pigment. After the procedure, fruit acids and vitamins help restore hair faster.
L’Oreal Professionnel is a wash that is often used to destroy artificial hair pigment in professional salons. It is a powder, which includes a 9% oxidizing agent.
You can apply L’Oreal Professionnel for the entire length of your hair with a clean sponge for dishes or a special sponge. This tool dries hair, but does not do it as catastrophically as other washes. Ideal for removing green pigment and pre-clarification.
Kapous rinses are recommended for those who want to get rid of pigment of persistent paints: red or black. Many emphasize the convenience of using this tool at home.
Kapous is a great helper for those who want to get rid of unapproved shades of paint, but at the same time without damaging and not greatly lightening their hair. The sooner the wash is applied after the main staining, the higher the result of obtaining the original color.
Baco color remove
Baco Color Remove is a two-phase product for removing coloring pigment from the hair structure. Such a wash only affects dyed hair and does not affect natural pigments.
During the action of Baco Color Remove components, the artificial color molecule decreases in size until it becomes almost invisible. In this case, the natural color of the hair is fully preserved.
Rice and silk proteins protect the hair structure during the procedure from harmful chemical effects. Thanks to them, there is no unpleasant odor on the hair, as when using other washes.
“Supra” is a substance for washing and highlighting hair at home, which combines plant and chemical components. With the help of “Supra”, which is made on the basis of white henna, hair can be discolored or get rid of unsuccessful coloring.
There are two types of cosmetics:
- powder: provides a more aggressive effect on the hair;
- powder agent: refers to professional means for washing, a more gentle effect on the hair.
“Supra” can be used to remove pigment after dyeing or to brighten the natural color of hair. It is ideal for working with light shades of hair. Even at home, you can achieve an excellent result. It’s much harder to lighten the dark hair “Supra”.
Tips from professional beauticians
Rinsing worsens the condition of the hair even under all safety conditions. In order to prevent serious consequences for the hair, you need to use the advice of professionals.
- Before using a wash, even prepared at home, it must be tested for the risk of an allergic reaction.
- In some cases, there is too much pigment in the hair and the dark color returns. In this case, the procedure is repeated.
- It is necessary to distinguish the procedure of washing and decapitation. The latter is not a washing off of the paint, but the complete removal of the pigment from the hair. It has negative effects on the hair and is more difficult to tolerate than a wash.
- It is not recommended to dye your hair or curl immediately after the procedure. Hair needs a “respite”.
- After the procedure, beauticians recommend a course on improving hair. The use of balms and moisturizing masks is required.
- At home, you need to be careful with the procedure for washing your hair. It should occur clearly according to the instructions for the cosmetic product.
Get rid of imperfect hair color is possible only when using high-quality washes. Proper selection of funds and care after the procedure will help to acquire beauty and maintain healthy hair.
Video about washing dark hair at home:
Useful video about washing hair with folk remedies at home: