One of the standards of female beauty is beautiful, long, strong, shiny, thick and magnificent hair. Homemade masks made from natural ingredients will help restore strength , favorably affecting the general condition of the scalp.
Their feature is flexibility, due to which, based on the structure and quality of the hair, you can choose the most effective cooking formula.
- The benefits of using homemade hair masks
- Healthy Ingredients Composition
- The best homemade masks to enhance hair health
- Oil mask
- Mask of aloe and coconut oil
- Laminating gel mask
- Mask with cognac
- Kefir mask
- Masks for dry and brittle hair
- Mask with camomile
- Nettle kefir mask
- Masks for fast hair growth
- Mustard Hair Growth Mask
- Mask for strengthening and hair growth with beer
- Pepper Hair Growth Mask
- Mask with Dimexidum for hair growth
- Mask for hair growth with yeast
- Onion mask for hair growth
- Hair growth mask with cinnamon
- Anti dandruff mask
- Mask for hair shine
- Mask for oily hair
- Mask for colored strands
- Revitalizing and nourishing mask
- Universal mask for all hair types
- Useful videos about using homemade hair masks
The benefits of using homemade hair masks
Trichologists recommend the use of such masks not only to owners of problem hair, but also to everyone without exception for preventive purposes. Read more about how and from which to prepare masks correctly next.
Healthy Ingredients Composition
At home, various products are used to make masks: from sweet yogurt to hot chili peppers.
For dry hair, a mask based on kefir or a decoction of chamomile will become indispensable. For fatty people – a mask based on lemon juice, mountain powder. For quick growth – a mask with ginger, aloe juice and cinnamon.
The best homemade masks to enhance hair health
The most popular are firming masks based on vegetable oils, with cognac, gelatin and even kefir.
To begin with, you should consult a specialist who will help determine the type of hair. Based on the information received, we can proceed to the selection of the recipes for the mask that will bring the most noticeable result.
Oil masks boast excellent results, strengthening hair from roots to ends, giving them a luxuriant and healthy look. For cooking, you need such components:
- Castor oil (can easily be replaced with sea buckthorn or almond) and lemon juice – 2 tablespoons each;
- Egg yolk;
- Cocoa Powder – 25-30 grams.
Masks based on vegetable oils are used warm, so first you need to slightly heat castor oil or a combination of several types of oils, adding whipped yolk, lemon juice and cocoa.
Mix the resulting mixture thoroughly. Apply to clean, dry strands, covering with a film or shower cap, wrapping a towel over it for about 1 hour.
Doctors recommend this procedure up to 3 repetitions weekly for 4-5 weeks.
Mask of aloe and coconut oil
Aloe mask helps prevent tip cross-section, improves metabolism and strengthens curls. Aloe vera juice is an affordable and effective remedy suitable for any type of hair.
The leaves of aloe vera should be previously kept in the refrigerator for several days, to increase the amount of juice received, or simply purchase ready-made in the pharmacy.
Combine a tablespoon of lemon with a pair of the same aloe vera juice and beaten egg yolk. Then you need to add the mashed garlic clove and 15 grams of melted honey.
This product is applied in smooth movements to slightly damp hair, hiding for half an hour under polyethylene. After flushing the product under running water.
The course should be continued for 8-10 weeks, up to 2 applications per week.
Hair masks with coconut oil are often used in pure form, due to the number of useful and nutritious trace elements that make up the composition of the oil. At home, it is important to use refined oil purified from various impurities.
This tool will undoubtedly help to restore the natural beauty of the strands, give shine and elasticity. Heated in a water bath, apply to slightly damp hair, wrapping it with a film for 60-90 minutes or at night, in the morning just wash off the product with water and shampoo.
Laminating gel mask
Gelatin mask is a well-known and extremely effective method of lamination in everyday life. Excellent results can be observed after the first application – the hair becomes silky, shiny and healthy looking.
Gelatin envelops each hair, thereby forming a collagen film, preventing the ends from being cut.
3 easy steps to make a gelatin mask:
- Soak 2-3 (depending on the length of the curls) tablespoons of edible gelatin in water, adhering to a ratio of 1 to 4. Water can be replaced with a decoction of chamomile or nettle. Gelatin must swell;
- Put the solution in a water bath to completely dissolve the gelatin;
- In order to further facilitate the removal process, you can add 15-20 grams of hair balm.
Trichologists recommend the use of a chilled mixture, covering with polyethylene and wrapping with a towel for half an hour every week. The course should continue until 3-4 procedures. Wash hair after applying the mask with strictly cold water in order to preserve the protective film layer.
Mask with cognac
For cognac masks, it is extremely important to use a natural and high-quality drink – then the product will bring maximum benefits – it will expand blood vessels, stimulate blood flow, strengthen and give the hair a neat and healthy look.
Cognac will help to degrease hair , but proportions must be observed, because alcohol can do much harm by drying out the curls and the scalp itself.
When preparing the mask, you need to mix a tablespoon of the drink with two of the same tablespoons of honey and beaten egg yolk. Allow the solution to infuse for about two weeks. Apply with light movements rubbing into the roots and scalp twice a week. Use the product for up to 5-6 repetitions.
It is important not to forget to hide your head under a hat and keep it for an hour and a half. You can improve the effect if you heat the mask with a hairdryer every 15 minutes. It is advisable to apply before bedtime on clean, dry hair, and in the morning just rinse your hair under running water.
This tool will prevent the ends of the cross-section, relieve dullness, give volume and natural shine to the hair.
you will need the ingredients:
- Kefir – 0,3 – 0,5 pint.
- Yolk – 1 piece.
- Cocoa powder – 15 gr.
Combining cocoa with water, the solution must be thoroughly mixed. Then add whipped yolk and pour kefir. Apply twice weekly for 4 weeks. Rub the mixture with light massaging movements into the skin, then, having hidden the curls under a hat, leave for 40 minutes. At the end of time, remove the polyethylene and wash your hair.
Masks for dry and brittle hair
For girls suffering from dry curls, masks based on simple kefir with the obligatory fruit or herbal addition (chamomile or nettle) can help.
Mask with camomile
Pour approximately 8,45 fluid ounce of fresh milk and the same amount of chamomile broth with a teaspoon of slightly warmed apple cider vinegar into the container. Rub the resulting solution into the scalp for 5 minutes. Then rinse your hair with cool water. Use this tool up to 3 times a week for 3 to 4 months in a row.
Nettle kefir mask
Having bought nettle leaves, they should be soaked in boiling water and left to infuse for an hour or two. After cooling, pour the nettle broth with fat yogurt ( 0,4 – 0,6 pint per half gallon of broth is enough).
Apply the solution, applying to the entire length, leaving for an hour under a film and a towel. Kefir in combination with nettles will help to get rid, and also prevent the appearance of dandruff, strengthen and most importantly – relieve hair from dryness.
Masks for fast hair growth
Masks for accelerated hair growth awaken hair follicles from “sleep”, provoking the appearance of new ones, take care of the length and density, favorably affect the general condition and health of the hair. These include masks based on mustard powder, beer, yeast, pepper and Dimexidum.
Mustard Hair Growth Mask
It is important to know that an improperly prepared mustard mask can dry out the curls, which will lead to brittleness, cross-section of the tips and even allergic reactions. Therefore, it is worth using masks based on fermented milk products, for example, kefir or yogurt, and vegetable oils.
To prepare, you must follow these steps:
- In warm water, dilute 2 teaspoons of mustard powder (not in boiling water, since at high temperatures mustard can release toxic esters);
- Add 3,38 fluid ounce of kefir (it is better to use low fat for oily hair) and the same spoonful of burdock (or olive) oil with beaten chicken egg;
- Mix the resulting mass thoroughly.
Apply to clean hair immediately after preparation. Do not store the product until next use. Apply the essence once every 7 days, covering with a film for gallon 20 minutes.
The full course consists of 8 masks, after each use it is necessary to thoroughly rinse the hair with warm water and shampoo, leaving no residue of the mask.
Mask for strengthening and hair growth with beer
A first-class, strengthening and activating hair growth tool is a mask based on beer / brewer’s yeast. There is a huge variety of recipes for beer masks. Here are a couple of them:
- First recipe: just add a tablespoon of vegetable oil of any origin in 0,4 – 0,6 pint of regular beer. Begin to apply from the roots, rising to the ends of the hair, covering with a shower cap for half an hour and wrapping a towel around it, after rinsing the head;
- The second effective recipe is combining hair masks at home with beer and kefir. It is enough to mix beer with yogurt or kefir in a ratio of 1: 1. Apply to clean, dry hair under a towel and polyethylene for half an hour.
Pepper Hair Growth Mask
The hot pepper mask enhances blood flow, accelerates the growth process and improves the overall condition of the hair.
Pepper mask recipes have a lot of variations. It is important to carefully select the necessary recipe, since pepper can cause itching, redness and drying of the skin, it is necessary to carefully select the proportions if they are used for dry hair.
The best option:
- 2 yolks;
- 15 gr red pepper (in the form of powder or tincture);
- 15 gr olive, almond or burdock oil;
Mix the above components. If desired, add 15 grams of honey and / or 3,38 fluid ounce of sour milk.
The course consists of 10 uses. Apply strictly once a week, gently rubbing into the scalp. Leave up to two hours under a film and a towel. If burning or itching is felt, the mask must be washed off immediately with warm water.
Mask with Dimexidum for hair growth
Dimexide is a drug used for accelerated healing of the skin with burns. In a small amount, trichologists recommend adding dimexide to all recipes for home masks, so that the substances penetrate deeper into the skin, accelerating the healing process.
Dimexidic mask will help restore damaged chemical strands after painting. First you need to prepare a solution. Proportions: 1: 8 at 10%, 1: 4 at 20% and 1: 2 at 30% solution.
The most common recipe is:
- Dimexidum remedy;
- lemon juice;
- egg yolk;
- Peach oil;
- vitamins (optional);
Mix the components in equal proportions, heating in a water bath and slightly warm, gently usd the product into the scalp, wrapping it with a film for 60-90 minutes, then be sure to rinse the head with warm water. Apply the mask every week for a month.
Mask for hair growth with yeast
Due to the abundant amount of nutrients included in the yeast, the masks obtained on their basis are excellent stimulators of hair growth and hair restoration in everyday life.
Below are the 3 most common yeast mask recipes:
- The honey mask is made from honey and yeast in equal proportions, which should be soaked in warm water for about 60 minutes. After applying on clean, dried strands under a hat for two hours and rinse your head with warm water.
- To create a herbal mask, you need to add a whipped yolk, a decoction of chamomile (nettle or mint) and 15 grams of hair balm to a tablespoon of yeast and olive oil. The next step is to warm the solution and beat thoroughly, without leaving lumps. Let it brew for half an hour. Apply to the scalp twice a week for an hour under polyethylene and a towel.
- The third recipe is to add two tablespoons of yeast and one sugar to 3,38 fluid ounce of warm milk . Mix the resulting mixture thoroughly, leaving it to infuse for 15 minutes, then add a teaspoon of mustard powder. Apply to dry hair, greasing the ends with vegetable oil. Leave under a towel for an hour. Apply no more than twice a week for one month.
Onion mask for hair growth
Onion mask – a real vitamin bomb against hair loss, split ends and the appearance of gray hair.
For cooking, just mix the grated onion with a teaspoon of honey , a tablespoon of burdock oil and a few drops of essential oils. The resulting solution should be applied over the entire length of the hair warm once a week, covering with a hat and a towel for 50-60 minutes for 8 weeks.
Vegetable oils are easily replaced with two tablespoons of kefir in equal proportions with honey and sea salt or a tablespoon of cognac for especially fat strands.
Hair growth mask with cinnamon
There is a wide selection of different formulations, both with essential oils and powder. Cinnamon can cause a burning sensation, so it is important to correctly combine and maintain the correct proportions when creating such a mask at home.
To prepare, you need the ingredients:
- olive oil;
- honey and cinnamon;
- essential oil;
- Mix a teaspoon of cinnamon in a ratio of 1 to 1 with melted honey, adding 7 drops of essential and 30 grams of oil;
- The resulting solution is slightly warmed up and rubbing it into the scalp with soft, caressing movements along the entire length, covering it with a film and a towel for 50 minutes;
- Then wash your hair with shampoo.
After the first application, the result is visible: the hair will become strong, silky, elastic and, most importantly, long, because thanks to improved blood circulation, hair follicles will begin to receive the missing nutrients.
Anti dandruff mask
Dandruff – a syndrome caused by an accelerated process of exfoliation of particles of the scalp, is found in many girls and women, and the reason for this is the malfunction of the sebaceous glands.
In order to improve the functioning of the glands, to prevent the ends from ending and hair loss, to give the hair shine, freshness and beauty, it is necessary to take a course of 10-12 masks.
Below are two of the simplest and most effective recipes:
- For the first recipe you will need: burdock oil, freshly squeezed lemon and orange juice. Thoroughly mix the above products in equal proportions. Apply for an hour under a towel 2-4 times a week, and for prevention, one will be enough – every 7 days.
- For the second – it is necessary to fill the nettle leaves with a glass of boiling water, leaving to infuse for half an hour. If desired, you can add an egg yolk, 5 drops of essential oil and a teaspoon of lemon. Apply the resulting mass to the hair from the ends to the roots, rubbing it into the scalp with gentle massaging movements. With a clean decoction of nettle, you can rinse your head every time after washing.
Mask for hair shine
Mask with sea buckthorn oil for shine hair – a huge storehouse of useful trace elements that give your hair an incredible shine.
To prepare, you need to mix well-beaten yolk with 2 tablespoons of sea buckthorn oil, a teaspoon of honey and, if desired, 15 grams of cocoa powder.
Heat the oil in a water bath, and then add the remaining products. An excellent option may be a combination of two to 3 types of oils. Apply this product to wet clean hair for 2 hours under polyethylene and a towel once a week. The course consists of 6-8 masks.
If for any reason it is not possible to prepare a full-fledged mask, sea buckthorn oil can be quite effectively used in its pure form, slightly heated.
Trichologists recommend rinsing hair after washing the hair with a decoction of chamomile or nettle to consolidate the result.
Mask for oily hair
Oily hair is a common problem in girls of any age, especially in the summer. Often owners of oily hair try in every possible way to “dry” them. Often, such methods adversely affect the health of the hair.
It is in such cases that the mask based on aloe, any vegetable oil and liquid honey will become an assistant.
The components must be mixed in equal proportions. The resulting solution should be applied a little warm rubbing into the delicate scalp and the entire length of the curls, leaving it under the film for 20 minutes, after which simply rinsing the product with water.
This product will dry the hair, help eliminate excess oiliness, strengthen the roots and prevent hair loss.
Mask for colored strands
Often hair, due to the desire of girls to acquire a new color, suffer, fade and even begin to fall out. Trichologists say – dyeing strands has a very negative effect on the general condition of the hair and head as a whole, so a special mask can be restored to your health after dyeing with your own hands.
Hair masks at home based on a decoction of 3 herbs and bread are an excellent choice for preserving color. To prepare a phytomask, it is nec
essary to prepare a decoction of sage, nettle and plantain.
Leave to insist for an hour. In the resulting broth add 100-200 grams (depending on the length of the strands) of chopped rye bread. This product is applied to dry, clean curls for 2 hours under a towel. Repeat the procedure after washing the hair for a month.
Revitalizing and nourishing mask
An extremely common problem of many girls, especially in the winter, is dry hair and a cross section of the tips. This is most often due to a lack of nutrients, which are produced by the body in winter in limited quantities. It is in such cases that a restoring nourishing mask, prepared with one’s own hand, will become indispensable.
Nourishing hair masks at home are prepared depending on the type of hair and its color. A universal tool will be a mask based on cognac.
- Beat a couple of yolks thoroughly with a mixer;
- Next, you need to mix the components thoroughly by adding 2 large tablespoons of oil (burdock or almond, for example) and cognac;
- The resulting mass should be applied to dry, clean hair, wrapped in a towel for one hour, and then thoroughly rinse the head with warm water;
- To consolidate the result, you can rinse your head with nettle or mint decoction.
Universal mask for all hair types
A universal mask will help restore the natural shine of the hair, make it fluffy, thick, strong and most importantly – healthy. Below is an extremely effective and simple recipe for just such a mask.
To create such a mask, you need to mix the yolk or protein, depending on the expected result (protein – dries, yolk – nourishes) with a tablespoon of any natural vegetable oil.
A little heating, add 25-30 grams of melted honey, yeast and 3,38 fluid ounce of decoction of calendula or chamomile.
It is preferable to apply universal hair masks at home to slightly moist curls twice a week, covering it with a film for an hour and a half, after which it is necessary to rinse the hair with a balsam.
Home masks were used more than a century ago, so there is no doubt in their effectiveness. Unlike modern products offered in various cosmetic stores, self-made ones are safe, rather economical, help to deal with the most common problems, softening, nourishing, moisturizing or, conversely, drying the curls.
Useful videos about using homemade hair masks