French braid is a popular, universal, not out of fashion hairstyle. A wide variety of species will create an unrivaled image. Such a braid is not difficult to weave itself. How to weave unusual braids in different versions will be described in detail in this text.
- What is the difference between weaving a French braid for herself and another person
- Weaving fixtures
- How to weave a French braid
- Pattern of weaving a classic French braid
- Do-it-yourself braid
- How to braid two braids
- Side braid
- Openwork braid made of elastic bands
- With tape
- Fish tail
- French braids hairstyles
- Accessories for weaving French braids
- Video on how to weave a French braid
What is the difference between weaving a French braid for herself and another person
To braid a French braid to another person is much easier than to do it yourself: the weaving process is completely visible, mistakes can be easily corrected if necessary, hands are in a comfortable position and do not get tired. Making a hairstyle from braids yourself is not an easy task. It will require attention and some practice.
To weave a French braid, such means and tools will be needed:
- comb with small teeth and a pointed handle for easy separation of the strands;
- massage brush for combing;
- clamps, tapes, elastic bands;
- hairpins, invisible for laying braids;
- hair spray and wax to fix the finished hairstyle.
How to weave a French braid
Recommendations for easier braiding:
- braiding in braids is recommended clean, slightly moistened hair;
- naughty hair moisturize and apply fixing agents;
- all tools and materials are prepared in advance and are located in close proximity;
- hair is thoroughly combed;
- selected strands should be equal in thickness;
- in the course of work, it is necessary to observe the uniform tension of the strands.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
Fashionable hair colors this year. Photos and trends of hairdressing.
Pattern of weaving a classic French braid
The French braid (how to weave in the classic version will be discussed in this section) is based on the implementation of the ordinary braid.
Step-by-step reconstruction of the weaving pattern of an ordinary braid:
- Comb hair and divide into 3 identical thick locks. The extreme strands are picked up, the middle one is free.
- The right strand fits on the middle. The middle strand of hair now becomes extreme and is held by the left hand.
- The left lock is located on the middle and held by the right hand. There was a complete crossing of the strands.
- Then repeat the manipulations from the beginning: the side locks are stacked one by one on the central one.
- Having finished the braid to the desired length, pull it with an elastic band. Not woven hair comb.
The French braid with intercepts is woven as follows:
- Highlight a significant lock of hair on the parietal part. Divide equally into sodas.
- Make 2 weaves as indicated in the previous description.
- Next, begin to weave the side locks in turn from each edge and one for each weave.
- Continue this rotation until all hair is in the hairdo.
- Now you can fix the braid with an elastic band or continue to weave to the ends of the hair using the classical method.
To weave a French braid, on the contrary, it will be required:
- hair spray;
Technique of execution:
- Comb your hair and moisten it a little with water.
- On the parietal part of the head, select a small strand and divide by 3.
- A strand of hair on the right lies under the median.
- The left strand is located under the right and becomes central.
- Under the middle strand, the left strand is placed, adding unoccupied hair to it on the left side of the head.
- Repeat the same process with the right strand.
- Continue twisting the braid to the base of the neck.
- The weaving is completed by the execution of an ordinary braid, the only difference is that the side locks do not fall on the one located in the center, but are passed under it.
- The ends of the hair are fixed with an elastic band.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
Fashionable bob haircut for medium hair. Photo, front and rear view.
How to braid two braids
Before creating a hairstyle consisting of 2 braids, the hair is well combed, moisturized, separated by a central parting. Braids weave in turn. The non-working half of the hair is pulled together with an elastic.
- On the hairline, from the working side, the initial lock is separated and divided into 3 equal parts.
- The left lock, located on the middle, becomes central.
- The strand on the right throws through the central.
- After 2 flips, start to weave loose hair: incremental curls attach to the extreme locks in turn.
- Continue the procedure until all hair is woven.
- The work ends with weaving a braid of 3 strands.
To make the braid neat, the amount of hair to be captured must be the same.
Hair should be tightly stretched throughout the work. The second braid is done exactly the same.
Two French braids can be combined into one, it is done like this:
- Two separately braided braids are fixed with hairpins at the base of the neck.
- Without removing the hair clips, pick up the right strands of both braids with one finger.
- With your other finger, grab both left strands.
- Remove hairpins, complete braiding with an ordinary braid, combining the hair of both braids.
A hairstyle of 2 French braids is suitable for owners of thick hair from a length of 11’8 inch. French braids will be appropriate both in a casual way and in evening dress.
A braid on the side is a great hairstyle for those who like to collect hair.
Suitable for owners of long hair and medium length hair.
Order of execution:
- Comb your hair, lightly moisten with water or apply styling products (mousse, gel).
- Comb the hair on its side.
- Collect hair from the parietal part of the head in a large strand and divide into 3 parts.
- When weaving, they pick up the rest of the hair.
- When the braid is ready, loosen the strands, this will give the hairstyle additional volume.
- Sprinkle with varnish.
French braid-waterfall – an original evening hairstyle with many options.
Particularly suitable for thin, volumeless hair.
Creating a braid in one direction:
- Comb hair, mark parting.
- Separate a lock of hair from the front of the head, start weaving a simple braid, but at each crossing, release the lower lock and replace it with a new one, taken from above.
- Twist the braid of the desired length.
A spit-waterfall from 2 sides weaves like this:
- Hair is combed, separated.
- According to the previous description, the first braid is performed, on the back of the head it is pulled together with an elastic band.
- The second braid is braided symmetrically by the first from the opposite side of the head.
- Braids are fixed with one elastic band on the back of the head.
An inverted braid looks more magnificent than a simple braid.
As a hairstyle, ideal for thin hair, weaves according to the scheme:
- A slight lock is allocated, divided by 3.
- The braid is braided according to the standard braid method, only the extreme strands do not overlap the central curl, but are located under it.
- Loose hair gradually weave into the hairstyle.
- When all hair is involved, continue to weave the reverse braid.
- Wear elastic at the loose ends.
Openwork braid made of elastic bands
Braids woven with elastic bands are very simple in execution. The secret is that the tiers of weaving are fixed with an elastic band. Such a braid holds its shape for a long time.
An openwork braid made of elastic bands looks amazing on long hair.
- Combed hair is connected to the tail.
- Extreme strands are tied with an elastic band, slightly stretched.
- Again connect the extreme strands and fix.
- The action is repeated until the end of weaving.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
Fashionable bob cut for short hair. Photo, front and rear view.
The French braid (how to weave in a 3-dimensional version, will be analyzed further) can be located in the middle, on the side or braided diagonally. Weaving is recommended using the inverted braid method.
- The first working lock is distinguished and divided equally into two grades.
- An inverted braid is woven with the catch of side curls. Extreme locks fall under the middle. Unoccupied hair is picked up and woven into a hairstyle.
- When the braid is braided to the final, secure with an elastic band.
- Gently pull the edges of the interlaced strands.
French braid with ribbon – an original festive and everyday hairstyle. In order to braid a French braid with a ribbon, you need to separate the working strand with a horizontal parting. Attach the tape folded in half over the part of the invisibility. The working strand is divided into 3. Proceed to weaving the twisted braid.
The tape is located between the strands. The strand closest to the center lies under the tape. The extreme strand goes under the bottom, free hair is added to it. The tape goes underneath. Repeat the action algorithm on the other hand. Essentially 2 back braids are braided simultaneously. In the same order, a braid weaves without turning on strands.
The French braid (how to weave a zigzag in a fantasy version, will be described in this paragraph) has many interesting varieties. First, the hair is combed and mark the parting on the side. Weaving starts from the temple and goes in a horizontal direction. The initial strand is divided into 3. In the process, free hair is captured exclusively from above.
Bringing the work to the opposite side of the head, the braid is deployed and continues to weave in the opposite direction. Continue to weave in the same way until the end. Secure the braided ends of the hair with a hairpin. The longer the hair, the more zigzags you get.
Bangs hair is braided into a French braid-rim, the rest of the hair remains unused.
The hairstyle looks elegant and elementary in the creation.
The working strand is separated from the side of the forehead, the rest of the hair is collected in a tail. The selected lock of hair is braided in a classic French braid. Braiding continues to the opposite ear. The end of the braid is slaughtered by the invisible and hides under her loose hair.
A spikelet in the style of weaving a French braid is performed as follows:
- The hair is combed and halved with a vertical parting.
- Allocate 2 thin locks at the central zone of the forehead, cross (the left lock is located under the right).
- On the left side, another strand is separated and crosses with the upper strand of the braid, do the same on the right.
- Repeat this procedure until all hair is woven.
- Having reached the neck, continue weaving the spikelet: the hair is divided into 2 equal parts, from the outside of each half, the extreme strands are thrown and attached to the hair of the opposite part from the inside. Ensure that all strands are uniform in thickness.
The French braid in the Spikelet variant suits women of any age, is convenient in weaving.
Scythe Fishtail is suitable for owners of hair below the shoulders. Such a spectacular hairstyle is appropriate in any circumstances.
- 2 working strands are collected from the upper hair.
- On the left side, the 3rd strand is highlighted in thickness as the first 2 strands, crosses with the nearest 2nd strand (the 2nd strand runs from the bottom) and combines with the hair of the 1st strand.
- On the right, select the 4th lock and similarly connect with the 2nd.
- Continue such actions until all the curls are woven.
- Having reached the neck, continue to braid the hair, using the technique of throwing external locks.
French braids hairstyles
|Hair Name||Execution technique||Who is suitable for|
|“Bows”||Hair is divided into 2 halves. Several thin strands are separated on each side, the rest of the hair is braided with a classic oblique jacket. Separated hair is looped between strands of braids, forming bows.||For owners of medium length hair.|
|Braid from the bottom up||Weaving begins with the hair of the lower part of the head. The hair is combed forward and braided from the bottom up. Having reached the back of the head, they continue to weave with a simple scythe. Twist the braid. Decorate with accessories.||Evening hairstyle for long hair.|
|Wedding lace braid||A classic French braid is braided or a braid on the contrary, while the strands do not need to be tightened much. Lock the end of the braid with a hairpin. Pull out the side locks of the braid. Spray the hairstyle with hairspray. Garnish with flowers and rhinestones.||For women with long hair|
Accessories for weaving French braids
When creating hairstyles with braids, use the following accessories:
- simple elastic bands of discreet colors;
- invisible hairpins;
- bright elastic bands, satin ribbons;
- artificial flowers, pendants;
- hair clips
- strips of silk fabric, colored threads.
French braid is the most popular hairstyle for long hair. There are many different ways to weave a French braid. A variety of weaving variations and versatility allow you to create excellent hairstyles for all occasions on the basis of the French braid.
Author: Doroshenko E.N.
Video on how to weave a French braid
Weaving a French braid to herself: