Fitness watch is a small device with built-in functions, designed for different categories of the population. It is suitable for athletes and people who monitor the state of their health.
The device will not be able to fully replace medical devices, but with it you can control changes in the body, measure heart pressure and heart rate. All devices come with a heart rate monitor and a pedometer, and they can also play the role of a clock in some models of the music player.
- What are smart watches for
- Types of Fitness Watches
- Top 5 Budget Fitness Watches with Display
- Top 5 mid-level fitness watches for active people
- Top 5 multi-functional smart fitness watches for athletes
- Top 5 fitness watches by forum reviews
- How to choose a fitness watch
- Video about fitness bracelets
What are smart watches for
Fitness watches are multifunctional and sophisticated devices that, regardless of model, brand and price, have common basic characteristics.
Frequently encountered watch functions include their ability:
- measure steps taken over time;
- Count calories burned
- monitor sleep;
- set a smart alarm.
Before purchasing such a device, you need to figure out how much it can simplify your life.
With the help of a fitness watch you can:
Keep a pulse control . This is especially true for those who want to lose weight. They must be monitored while running so that the pulse is at least 130 beats per minute. If the heart pounds more slowly, then fat burning will also slow down and there will be no significant effect from jogging.
- Control your sleep . Fitness watches collect statistics not only on its duration, but also on quality. This will allow you to sleep well and not to sleep. A smart alarm will work on the watch. It is installed in almost all modern trackers. The alarm clock will wake up when it is useful for the body, that time is individual for each person.
- Count calories burned . The function is indispensable for people who follow the figure and for whom it is important not to gain extra pounds. This device counts calories that are normal to stay fit.
Types of Fitness Watches
The sales market has a wide selection of fitness watches. Almost all of them have the same features and minor differences. When choosing, you should pay attention to models that are compatible with a personal computer.
Communication with it and synchronization with a smartphone will allow you to perform such important actions as the accumulation of statistical data and analysis of the results. The design of the fitness watch is also important: the gadget will not have to be removed from the hands, so its design should not be indifferent to anyone.
The main types of devices are as follows:
Fitness bracelet with a smart alarm clock . Such watches analyze a person’s sleep, its phases and wake up with music at a set time. For example, when a person has rested and his body is ready for awakening or in a more convenient period of sleep.
- Wristband heart rate monitor . They put it on the wrist in the place where the pulse of a person is well felt and scans the number of heart beats.
- Fitness watch with integrated step counter . The bracelets have built-in sensors for measuring the amount of distance traveled throughout the day. On this basis, calories burned are counted. Such a function will be appreciated by people who have the task of losing weight.
- Watch bracelet for use in the pool . These special watches are required for practicing in the swimming pool. Such a device will determine the swimming speed, calculate the distance that the athlete swam in foot, the pulse rate and the calories burned.
- Fitness trackers . Such devices can withstand shallow immersion in water, thanks to the provision of special protection against water. However, for a long stay in the water, they are not suitable.
Top 5 Budget Fitness Watches with Display
A fitness watch with a display allows you to visually track all the data. In addition to the heart rate monitor and pedometer, many of them are equipped with dust and water protection, sleep monitoring, an alarm clock, the possibility of calls and other functions.
Many budget options, as well as professional ones, have a unique design, the difference in shapes and sizes. Their straps are also individual, painted in various colors.
When choosing a budget option, you should pay attention to the following models:
Xiaomi Mi Band 2 Smartband . The device works through the Play Store application installed on the smartphone. The bracelet has an oval display. It monitors the state of sleep and heart rate, displays information about calls and messages. The model is waterproof, but not designed for swimming in the pool, as well as dustproof. Charges for 3 hours, does not require recharging for 20 days. The average price of a watch is $ 17.
- Y2 Plus Smart Bluetooth Wristband . The watch functions are similar to the previous model, but there are additional parameters: measurement of oxygen and blood pressure, as well as sleep monitoring, pedometer. The watch is waterproof, but not suitable for swimming. Their approximate price is $ 12,24.
- Lenovo Cardio Plus HX03W . The watch can be purchased in several colors: black, blueberry blue, red and bright orange. They are quite light and thin. There is a protection function against moisture and dust. This bracelet will track your heart rate, sleep phase, calories, and also contains a sleep protection feature to help you drive and work. The average price of such a bracelet is $ 20.
MGCOOL Band 2 . The smart bracelet is very lightweight and has an attractive design with an aluminum convenient case. The battery lasts about one week. In his device, a sleep and heartbeat controller, an analyzer of burned calories is integrated. The tracker contains a remote control with which you can control your smartphone, for example, accept or reject incoming calls, read messages, control the music player. The bracelet is protected from dust and water. The average price category for this watch is $ 21.
- HUAWEI Band 3 Smartband . Budget smart watches of good quality and with many built-in functions. The bracelet is made of silicone, lightweight, has a touch button. The battery lasts up to 45 days. The tracker can withstand immersion in water at 164 foot, has a built-in alarm clock, sleep monitoring, a pedometer and measures the heart rate. The approximate price of a watch is $ 22.
Top 5 mid-level fitness watches for active people
Fitness watches with a heart rate monitor and a pedometer are running models. However, besides them there are devices with unique functions, for example, a navigator or audio complexes of sports exercises. The price of such bracelets differs depending on their functionality and brand.
The best options for such a fitness watch are as follows:
- Lenovo HW01 Smart Wristband . The fitness-oriented bracelet has a touch screen display. The charge of the watch lasts about a week. The functions of the gadget include measuring the frequency of contractions and heart rate, the number of calories burned, tracking the state of sleep phases. The device allows you to use the camera and music player. The approximate price of the model is $ 22.
Xiaomi Mi Band 3 . Compared to the previous series, the bracelet has a larger screen, is completely touch-sensitive, can withstand lowering to a depth of 164 foot, and its functions include a pedometer, sleep monitoring, heart rate measurement, and an alarm clock. The average price of watches on the market is $ 30.
- Amazfit Arc . This fitness tracker combines low cost with quality performance. Incredibly stylish with a touch button and a protective coating against damage. The strap is made of silicone, very light and comfortable. The bracelet can measure heart rate, monitor sleep, count steps, count calories. Among the built-in functions there is an alarm, the battery lasts up to 20 days. The only negative: you can’t swim in this bracelet. The approximate cost of hours is $ 31.
- S908 GPS Sports Smartband . This model has more functionality than previous bracelets. In addition to standard functions, such as sleep monitoring, heart rate measurement and a standard pedometer, it has a navigator that determines the location, speed of walking and distance traveled in mile. He groups information and analyzes fat burning and muscle percentage. This fitness bracelet is suitable for athletics, swimming and climbing, as well as horse riding. Its charge lasts up to 20 days. The price is about $ 37.
- Moov Now . Sports bracelet with a peculiar design and interesting functions for athletes. This model will measure activity, and completely independently distinguish swimming from cardio exercises. It is perfectly possible to swim in it, descending to 164 foot to a depth. Charging at the watch lasts up to 6 months. This bracelet has a built-in application that will tell you the methodology of exercises using the voice method. The average cost of a model is $ 50.
Top 5 multi-functional smart fitness watches for athletes
Among the wide variety of fitness watches designed for training, there is a top multifunction device that is recommended to be purchased.
1. Misfit Ray . Stylish and original bracelet tracker is one of the best for swimmers. In addition to swimming, this model supports the following sports via computer and smartphone: running and yoga, soccer and tennis, basketball and cycling.
The model is quite light, beautiful and fashionable. A metal tube with sensors is attached to a leather bracelet. It is decorated in golden, silver, blue and green colors.
The watch functions include:
- counting calories burned;
- notification of a call from a smartphone by flickering;
- alarm clock;
- measurement of the number of steps;
- sleep monitoring;
- manual tracking of different types of activity;
- powered by button batteries.
The cost of such watches averages $ 84.
2. Fitbit Charge 2 . One of the best bracelets for athletes. Stylish, with a monochrome display, covered with plastic material. On the sides of the display there are aluminum inserts. The watch comes with a leather or silicone bracelet, provided in black and blue, purple and turquoise colors.
The functions of this model include:
- heart rate monitor;
- determination of time;
- counting the number of steps taken;
- stopwatch necessary for running and doing exercises;
- displaying notifications about messages and calls;
- sleep monitoring;
- Entering data on water, food, and calorie intake.
The watch is not designed for swimming, the battery lasts about 6 days due to the continuous measurement of heart rate. The approximate price of the model is about $ 128.
3. Fitbit Alta HR. Its cost is $ 136. This is one of the worthy models for sports. Compact, comfortable, stylish bracelet is provided in black and pink colors. The quality case of the bracelet is made of silicone, leather or metal.
- displays the number of steps taken on the monitor;
- in a calm state it motivates with vibration a movement or walking;
- counts pulse beats;
- monitors the state of sleep and various physical activities;
- has a stopwatch.
The battery will last for a short time due to continuous heart rate measurement. Compatible with computer and smartphone.
4. Samsung Gear Fit 2 . A decent model is equipped with a heart rate monitor and touch screen, with a 2-core processor.
The design of the bracelet is attractive, the quality of the silicone strap is at a good level and in different colors: black, pink and blue. Also, this model is provided in size S, for a small hand and in size L – larger.
There are plenty of functions here, in addition to the standard set, the tracker:
- monitors the pulse, warning of an increased heartbeat;
- has a built-in navigator and altimeter;
- The following sports are distinguished – running, walking, yoga, rowing, squats, running track.
- builds activity graphs;
- keeps a record of the number of calories.
With a bracelet you can swim to a depth of one and a half foot. It will have to be charged once every 3 days. A small charge is more than compensated by wide functional actions. The approximate price of a watch is $ 154.
5. Garmin Vivosport. An excellent tracker for sports, however, does not have a stylish design. On the front side there is a touch screen and unlike other similar models, it has no glare in the sun. The strap is made of silicone, the display is covered with high-quality plastic.
The tracker is incredibly functional, it:
- measure the percentage distance, the number of steps taken, the puls
e rate, the number of calories burned;
- will monitor the state of sleep;
- in the settings you can choose various sports, for example, running, cardio, weight training, cycling;
- has navigation, which will help determine the speed and distance during training;
- independently determines the type of exercises and their number;
- displays messages and calls.
The watch keeps charge for a week. The approximate cost of the model is $ 163.
Top 5 fitness watches by forum reviews
Fitness watches with a heart rate monitor and a pedometer, with and without a display, budget and professional are in great demand, and each of the categories has both its supporters and opponents.
Xiaomi Mi Band 1S Pulse ( $ 16)
|A minimalist design bracelet made of high-quality plastic and an oval capsule mounted on a silicone bracelet. On the front side is a magnesium panel with 3 LED bulbs, and a heart rate monitor is located on the back side. The watch is dustproof and moisture resistant.
Of the built-in functions there are:
||· Lack of display;
Xiaomi Mi Band 2 ( $ 22)
|One of the popular sports bracelets. Budget, nice design, has many functions. This current and popular version of the tracker is equipped with:
Jawbone UP Move ( $ 53.)
|The watch is suitable for both beginner athletes and those who play sports for a long time. The bracelet is easy to use, with a nice design, silicone comfortable strap. There is no screen, but it is replaced by an LED indicator.
The functions are simple:
IWOWN i5 Plus ( $ 16.)
|A very easy to use bracelet with standard built-in features. Perfect for an initial introduction to this type of gadget.
The tracker has a touch screen, which means that in the kit with the gadget, the owner will receive:
Huawei Honor Band 3 ( $ 37.)
|The model has a display, a silicone bracelet is provided in black, orange and blue. Displays information about incoming calls and messages on the display. Sports features are diverse. The heart rate monitor can be used continuously, there is sleep monitoring.
For training, it is allowed to choose any type of sports activity:
How to choose a fitness watch
Fitness watches with a heart rate monitor and a pedometer and other functionality, regardless of price, work on the basis of a sensor or chip that responds to movement. The data of this sensor is processed by the computer built into the bracelet, then displayed on the screen or display.
There are models of gadgets that transmit the received information to the program installed on the smartphone, and already there it is processed and builds a graph of human activity.
Also, the bracelet may have a heart rate sensor and a GPS navigator. Also on the bracelet may be a touch screen on which the processed information is displayed. Watch straps are made of different, pleasant to the body, weightless materials that are not felt on the hand.
When buying such a device, you should pay attention to the following parameters:
- Functionality . Absolutely any bracelet can count the number of steps and calculate them in mile traveled. Many models measure the heart rate and determine the phases of sleep, this function is called a smart alarm clock that can wake a person at the best time for the body. Most popular models have navigation.
- Screen availability . Currently, even inexpensive trackers are released with a screen that displays information about the number of steps, calories and heart rate. Some models display information about calls and messages.
Autonomy . Thanks to her, it will not be necessary to charge the bracele
t often. Some models hold a monthly charge.
- Moisture protection . This feature is found in almost all models, but its degree of protection varies.
- The choice of additional features . Some bracelets have a built-in vibration signal reminiscent of a long state of rest; other gadgets allow you to draw up schedules of suitable workouts.
- Design and appearance . All models of bracelets are not heavy in weight and their external data is not much different from each other. Any well-known manufacturer offers bracelets of different materials and colors to their gadget, so a fitness bracelet can look like a stylish and interesting accessory.
Price category . There are bracelets at a price of $ 16, and other models for $ 163. Very often the price depends on the brand and contains functions that may not be useful.
Before you go in for sports, you need to think about purchasing a fitness watch – thanks to a heart rate monitor, a pedometer, and a smart alarm clock, they will help to stabilize normal weight, control heart function, and improve health. As for manufacturers of fitness bracelets, models from Xiaomi, Samsung, FitBit and Garmin can be distinguished from the whole set.
Video about fitness bracelets
Best watches with pressure measurement: