Age-related processes that occur in the body of each person have visible manifestations on the face and skin of the body. One of them is a loss of skin elasticity and a decrease in muscle tone. One of the very first signs of aging is the appearance of nasolabial folds on the face.
Such nasolabial changes require correction. From some point, they can no longer be smoothed out simply by massage. Before and after visiting a cosmetologist and applying fillers, a big difference is noticeable in appearance.
What are fillers, how do they work
Up to 30 years in the human body there is a process of active formation of collagen fibers, responsible for the firmness and elasticity of the skin. After 30, the intensity of this process decreases sharply, less collagen is produced, and it is destroyed faster, which affects the condition of the skin. Flabbiness and first wrinkles appear.
Even a serious plastic facelift surgery will not be so effective if you need to smooth out deep folds and eliminate volume defects in certain areas. In cases where you need to lift the sunken area of the skin, smooth the relief, cosmetologists use filler-based injections.
Fillers (from English “to fill”) are substances of synthetic or natural origin that activate the process of collagen formation in tissues. Introduced by injection into the wrinkle zone, they are evenly distributed under the skin and push out the folds. This non-surgical method works great for skin rejuvenation and wrinkle smoothing.
With a very thin needle, the doctor, under local anesthesia, injects a special gel into the deep layers of the epidermis exactly under the sunken area of the skin, and it pushes the sunken skin, smoothing the surface. The effect of this procedure is at least 6 months.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
Vera Alentova after plastic surgery – the last photos, what operations were carried out, how the star changed.
Indications for contouring
The effect of the performed nasolabial correction is perfectly reflected by photographs taken before and after the introduction of fillers.
Correction of nasolabial creases, as a rule, is carried out for the first time in 30-35 years, because if you start using fillers earlier, then the procedure will be more effective, and the result will be longer. Of course, there are women who, with the help of cosmetic masks and creams, massages and exercises for the muscles of the face and neck, and simply thanks to good genetics, successfully push back signs of age-related changes.
But at some age, they still face a problem: what to do with deep nasolabial folds in order to continue to look fresh and young. In order to correct age-related manifestations, contour plastic surgery is carried out by fillers. It allows non-surgical method to smooth wrinkles, tighten the oval of the face and generally rejuvenate aging skin.
The type of nasolabial before and after fillers – as after a successful facelift. In addition, fillers are used in cases where you need to give the missing volume in the cheekbones, cheeks, chin, nose, build up the earlobe, make the lips larger, even out the asymmetry of the face, and fill in some imperfections after injuries.
The procedure also eliminates the following problems:
- nasolabial fold;
- vertical wrinkles between the eyebrows;
- horizontal forehead wrinkles;
- “Crow’s feet” around the eyes and mouth;
- lowered corners of the lips – the so-called “puppet” folds;
- post-traumatic scar tissue;
- scars after acne;
- wrinkles of the hands.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
Cannula – what it is, as it is used in cosmetology and medicine.
Cosmetic gel correction, although it is one of the most common and safe procedures, there are still a number of conditions.
At which it is contraindicated:
- age up to 18 years;
- pregnancy at any time and breastfeeding;
- the presence of abrasions and other violations of the integrity of the skin in the area of the alleged injection;
- herpes, viral and infectious diseases;
- chronic diseases in the acute stage;
- inflammatory processes in the acute phase;
- bleeding disorders, taking anticoagulants at the time of the expected procedure;
- exacerbated dermatitis;
- autoimmune diseases;
- an allergic reaction to the components of the drug;
In any case, a specialist cosmetologist at an internal consultation individually considers all aggravating factors and gives a conclusion about the possibility or impossibility of carrying out the procedure.
As with any medical intervention, some complications may occur after using fillers. This is usually redness and a hematoma at the injection site, slight swelling and they pass on their own over a period of several days, without requiring additional therapy.
Most often this occurs due to infection in the wound with insufficient antiseptic treatment during or after the procedure. But there is a very small percentage of serious side effects, most often associated with the fact that the body does not take a foreign substance.
This may manifest as:
- Sensation of pain . May last several days.
- Long passing puffiness and hematoma. Some patients have a predisposition to fragility of blood vessels and capillaries, and injection with fillers, no matter how less traumatic, nevertheless inevitably damages the surrounding tissue. Usually people with this predisposition are very easily bruised. To eliminate this problem, a preventive course of drugs to strengthen blood vessels should be taken. To eliminate hematomas after surgery, a gel with heparin content will help.
The formation of cones and seals. Typically, hyaluronic acid, getting into the tissue, combines perfectly with them. But in rare cases, the body starts the mechanism of protection against substances introduced from outside, and then inflammation occurs, as a result of which se
als can appear at the injection site – granulomas, and even fibrous capsules (also seals, but even larger ones). In this case, the patient is prescribed a course of anti-inflammatory drugs. Sometimes granulomas have to be removed with surgery.
- Compression of blood vessels (vascular embolism). Sometimes it happens when the filler is too deep. The worst possible consequence is tissue necrosis around the injection site and its subsequent scarring. Such a case should be treated with therapeutic procedures.
- Violation of sensitivity at the injection site. This happens if the filler, once in the tissue, pinches the nerve. It should recover over time.
In addition to the factor of individual portability of the procedure, side effects are also affected by the quality of the service provided.
Therefore, in order to avoid unpleasant consequences, you must adhere to the following rules:
- Contact a specialized clinic.
- Ensure the experience and high qualification of the cosmetologist. This is also evidenced by how carefully the doctor interrogates about previous diseases and the current state.
- Make sure that the drug has a certificate that will be introduced during the procedure.
- Carefully follow all doctor’s instructions before and after the procedure.
Types of fillers in cosmetology
Contour plastic performs a wide range of tasks in cosmetology, so fillers that solve these problems exist in different forms. Fillers differ in composition, density, resorption time. What kind of filler to choose for administration is decided by the doctor depending on the goals of the procedure and the individuality of each patient.
Today, several types of fillers are used in aesthetic cosmetology, here are the main ones:
- Fillers are based on collagen , which, after its introduction into the tissue, stimulates the growth of new collagen fibers. But collagen can cause an allergic reaction, and is also difficult to take root and can cause compaction and fibrosis of the tissue.
- Fillers containing polylactic acid (Sculptra) claim the longest lasting effect – up to 2 years.
- Fillers based on calcium hydroxyapatite (Radiesse) , a mineral found in human bones and teeth. Suspended to a gel state, this substance perfectly smoothes wrinkles. The introduction of this drug causes the body to independently produce collagen.
- Hyaluronic acid fillers, which in turn are divided into monophasic and biphasic. Monophasic are lighter and more elastic, are easily distributed under the skin and can be corrected. They are used for small folds, increasing the shape of the lips, increasing the elasticity of the skin. High-density biphasic gels are used to correct facial contours, fill deep wrinkles.
Hyaluronic acid gels are most popular among cosmetologists. Hyaluronic acid is a natural component of human connective tissue.
The advantages of this particular filler are as follows:
- Hyaluronic acid is perfectly compatible with the tissues of the human body, so its administration does not cause side effects in the form of granulomas and fibrous capsules, the recovery period is easier.
- Preparations containing hyaluronic acid practically do not cause allergic reactions.
- It is a biodegradable drug, that is, over time, the gel dissolves and is excreted from the body naturally.
- Since you need to enter a small amount of gel, the procedure takes very little time.
- The drug has high efficiency, which is proved by many years of practice of its use in contour plastic.
- The biorevitalization procedure performed using a gel based on hyaluronic acid not only smoothes the nasolabial folds, but also triggers the self-renewal mechanism: the pores are narrowed, sebum secretion decreases, age spots are lightened, and overall the skin looks younger and more beautiful.
- If the patient does not like the result of the intervention, using the enzyme hyaluronidase, it will be possible to break down and remove hyaluronic acid from the body and restore the skin to its original state.
The most popular are several brands of gel based on hyaluron that have proven themselves:
- Restylane (Sweden) – is widely known throughout the world, highly effective and safe. In addition to the filling effect, it helps retain moisture in the tissues, eliminating excessive dryness. There are 7 types of product designed for specific skin types.
- Princess (Austria) – when smoothing significant wrinkles in depth, it provides a lasting effect with a minimum of complications.
- Juviderm Ultra (France) – the world famous and most popular drug. Biologically compatible with human skin, gives a lasting and natural effect. Contains lidocaine, so the procedure is painless.
- Gliton (France) is a high-quality gel that allows you to get a persistent correction effect lasting up to 12 months.
- Surjiderm (France) – has proven itself in removing scars and for adjusting the contour of the lips.
In general, all these drugs are produced by very reputable companies, have long and successfully been used in cosmetology and have similar characteristics.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
How and why the ribs are removed – efficiency, photo before and after the operation.
Preparation and conduct of the procedure
If you need correction of the nasolabial, before and after fillers, the beautician examines and advises the patient. First, in order to correctly select the active substance, as well as its density, the doctor carefully examines the patient’s skin, assesses the degree of necessary exposure. He plans the number of injections per procedure, as well as the required number of procedures.
If there are no direct contraindications, the cosmetologist can carry out the procedure for the introduction of fillers immediately after consultation:
- When correcting the nasolabial before and after the fillers, the selected injection site is treated with an antiseptic, then with an anesthetic cream, or an anesthetic injection is given.
- The doctor opens the package with the filler in such a way that the patient can observe his actions. Records the name and expiration date of the drug in the journal.
e agent is injected subcutaneously with a long and thin needle.
- Having given an injection, the doctor can distribute the gel injected subcutaneously with massage movements.
- The puncture site is once again treated with an antiseptic, then a cold compress is applied. The whole process takes from 10 to 30 minutes.
- In order to avoid negative side effects, the doctor gives the patient recommendations and appointments on how to care for the operated area of the skin.
Skin care after the session
Usually, if the procedure was successful and in order to avoid complications, the cosmetologist gives approximately the following recommendations:
- Periodically make cold lotions on the area affected by the filler during the first day.
- Several times in 2-3 days, treat the puncture site with an antiseptic solution.
- Try to use facial muscles less, limit facial mobility.
In order to ensure that the filler is correctly distributed under the skin, the cosmetologist can advise the patient on a special self-massage technique. In this case, the doctor carefully instructs the patient so that he does not harm the tissues with his actions.
After the procedure for the introduction of fillers is not recommended:
- Touch the injection site with your hands.
- To expose the skin to heat for a week – do not visit a bathhouse, sauna or solarium, be in the open sun, sit close to an open flame.
- During the week to engage in active physical activity, visit the gym or pool – this can trigger swelling.
- Within 1-2 days after the procedure, perform cosmetic manipulations – apply makeup, creams or masks.
How long is the change visible
When correcting the nasolabial before and after the fillers, very little time passes, but the effect of the injection with hyaluronic acid becomes immediately noticeable. Sometimes the picture is blurred due to the presence of edema or hematoma.
Careful adherence to the recommendations of the cosmetologist who performed the procedure will allow the patient to recover quickly. After 2-3 days, when the edema or hematoma subsides (and there may not be any at all), you can return to normal activities and your usual way of life with a younger face.
How long does the effect last
The duration of positive changes from “beauty injections” is affected by the patient’s age, skin condition, and facial expression activity. But the persistence of the effect also depends on the type of filler chosen. Each type of filler has its own duration of action.
Fillers based on calcium hydroxyapatite and based on polylactic acid are more durable, the effect of their exposure lasts up to two years. But there is an important drawback in this positive characteristic: in the event that the patient is dissatisfied with the changes made, it will be difficult to return everything to its original state, you will have to put up with such a persistent effect.
For fillers with hyaluronic acid, the duration of the effect depends on the density of the drug and averages 6-12 months . But even when the drug already ceases to function, a natural renewal process will start in the skin tissues. With a repeated procedure, even with a smaller amount of gel introduced, the effect will be more noticeable and wrinkles will be smoothed out more easily.
Today, contour plastic surgery, and in particular nasolabial correction, has gained worldwide recognition. Almost every woman taking care of herself can feel the difference before and after fillers, see her face updated.
Correction of the nasolabial is not too expensive. And isn’t it worth it, after the work of fillers, to feel how time began to count back, back to youth.
How to remove nasolabial folds:
Filling nasolabial folds: