Longidase is an enzyme preparation with a wide spectrum of action, characterized by safety and good tolerance. Guidelines for use include the release of drugs in the form of injections that provide a quick and lasting therapeutic effect.
- Release form and composition
- Indications for use of the drug Longidaza
- Application features
- Side effects
- special instructions
- Interaction with other drugs
- Known analogues
- Terms and conditions of storage
- Video on the topic: Longidaza injections, instructions for use
Release form and composition
Longidase (injections), the instruction for use of which has its own characteristics, is available in the form of powder for injection. It is a white or yellow / brown tint mass.
The drug is made by lyophilization – soft drying, preserving bioactivity for a long time. When diluting hygroscopic (moisture-absorbing) powder, beneficial properties are fully restored.
The active substance is longidase – a natural enzyme hyaluronidase associated with the base (azoximer bromide). The drug is released in ampoules or vials containing 15 or 20 mg.
Each ampoule (bottle), depending on the dosage, contains:
|The mass of powder in the bottle||The content of the main substance is longidase (declared dosage)||Auxiliary component – mannitol|
|15 mg||1500 IU||To the required volume (up to 15 or 20 mg)|
|20 mg||3000 IU|
1 cardboard package contains 5 bottles (ampoules).
The wide range of applications of Longidase is due to the safety and therapeutic effect that lasts for a long time.
Among the positive aspects of the effects of the drug:
- the fight against edema and hematomas, scars and adhesions – by improving the permeability and nutrition of cells;
- suppression of inflammation in the acute phase – injections are especially effective at the beginning of the development of the pathological process;
- increased immunity and resistance to infections;
- prevention of fibrosis (proliferation of connective tissue) – the formation of rough scars and adhesions in the postoperative period, an increase in non-tumor organs;
- improved joint mobility;
- increasing the elasticity of the skin – by enhancing the production of collagen;
- ensuring the full absorption of other injections, including the acceleration of the action of local painkillers;
- a decrease in the activity of free radicals is an antioxidant effect.
At the same time, Longidaza:
- differs in insignificant toxicity;
- does not adversely affect immunity and reproductive function;
- rarely leads to allergies or irritation;
- does not inhibit the rehabilitation and restoration of bone tissue after surgical procedures;
- not dangerous in terms of gene mutations or malignant degenerations.
Mannitol, included in the composition of Longidase, has a diuretic effect, relieves swelling.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
Fashionable haircut for short hair. Photo, front and rear view.
Indications for use of the drug Longidaza
Longidase (injections) are included in the complex of treatment and prophylaxis of conditions accompanied by proliferation of connective tissue membranes of organs, joints and skin.
The drug is administered to adults with diseases related to:
- gynecology: for the treatment and prevention of chronic proliferation of tissues or adhesions of the uterine mucosa, adhesive obstruction of the fallopian tubes;
- Urology: in the treatment of chronic inflammation of the prostate gland, interstitial cystitis (especially in cases where it is caused by immune disorders or loss of the protective layer of the bladder mucosa);
- surgical practice: to eliminate and prevent adhesive manifestations after manipulations in the abdominal cavity, as well as slowly healing wounds;
- orthopedics and rheumatology: with insufficient joint mobility due to the presence of scars (contracture – flexion carpal and Dupuytren), inflammation of the joint tissues, ankylosing spondylitis (damage to the vertebral cartilage), hematomas;
- pulmonology and phthisiology : in the treatment of pneumofibrosis, lesions of the alveoli and capillary network of the lungs, forms of tuberculosis accompanying the formation of cavities with a fibrous capsule (cavernous fibrous, infiltrative, tuberculous);
- Dermatovenereology and cosmetology: with severe scarring and keloids after injuries, burns, purulent skin inflammations, acne (post-acne) or surgical interventions, areas of scleroderma, onychodystrophy of nails of non-infectious nature.
In the above areas of medicine, Longidaza is also administered together with antibacterial or analgesic drugs, activating their effect.
Hyaluronic acid gel removal using Longidase:
Longidase (injections), the instructions for use of which determine the drug as well tolerated, has a number of limitations in use.
Among the absolute contraindications:
- hypersensitivity to the main or auxiliary components of the composition;
- focus of bleeding in the lungs or sputum with an admixture of blood;
- recent vitreous hemorrhage;
- impaired renal function (insufficiency) – in acute course;
- the presence of foci of malignant degeneration;
- pregnancy and lactation;
- acute infections – in such situations, Longidaza should be supplemented with antimicrobial drugs.
The form of release (powder for injection) involves the introduction of a solution under the skin (in the vicinity of the lesion or scar) or intramuscularly.
The standard ones are:
- dosage for 1 injection – 3000 IU.
- course – 5–25 injections;
- the time interval between injections is 3-10 days.
In case of changes in the connective tissues of a chronic nature, it is advisable to supplement the basic course with a supportive course in which 3000 IU is administered with an interval of 10-14 days.
There are a number of nuances of use for various diseases:
- administration under the skin is appropriate for joint diseases, hematomas and skin lesions. With scars, intraperitoneal injection and / or alternation of injections – subcutaneous with intramuscular;
- a minimum course (5 injections) is acceptable to prevent adhesions after surgical procedures in the abdominal cavity or pelvis;
- with damage to the alveoli of the lungs and tuberculosis, a long supporting treatment is required (up to 12 months).
If necessary, to increase the effect of antibiotics or painkillers, ampoules of 1500 IU are more often used. The main drug is administered 10-15 minutes after an injection of Longidase in the same place. Both drugs should be administered the same way – under the skin or in muscle tissue.
The preparation preparation algorithm is as follows:
- The powder from a bottle or ampoule of 3000 IU is diluted with 0 – 0,1 fluid ounce of procaine (0.25% or 0.5%). If procaine is poorly tolerated by the patient, 0.9% sodium chloride for injection or water for injection is used. When it is required to strengthen the effect of other medicines, 3000 IU are diluted with 0,07 fluid ounce of 0.9% sodium chloride, and 1500 IU – 0,03 fluid ounce.
- The solvent is smoothly added to the vial (vial).
- After 2-3 minutes, the solution is gently mixed, avoiding shaking and foam formation.
Intravenous injection is prohibited. The prepared solution cannot be stored.
Features of the use of the drug for various age groups:
- Aged people. Good tolerance of the drug allows it to be prescribed to patients in old age. At the same time, it is necessary to monitor indicators of the general condition of the body – in order to avoid the development of negative reactions from organs and systems.
- During pregnancy and lactation. The introduction of a medicinal product in the form of injections is prohibited during gestation and breastfeeding.
- In childhood. It is forbidden to use injections for the treatment of persons under the age of 18 years, due to the lack of clinical data.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
Fashionable haircut for medium hair. Photo, front and rear view.
Clinical trials and the practice of injections allow us to draw conclusions about possible negative phenomena and their frequency of development.
The manual describes the following reactions:
- on the part of the skin – redness, swelling and itching at the injection site (infrequently). Symptoms do not require treatment, disappear within 2-3 days;
- on the part of the immune system – allergic manifestations (extremely rare, 1 case per 10000 patients);
- common indicators are fever (extremely rare).
Often there is pain at the injection site.
The drug is safe when administered in the prescribed doses.
The intake of an excess solution volume can provoke:
- chills or fever;
- pressure drop.
Phenomena require refusing treatment with Longidaza and taking medications to correct symptoms.
Longidase – injections, instructions for use which require compliance with a number of rules, general and specific for this drug.
The patient should know that:
- Before starting the injection course, the patient should notify the doctor of any medications taken;
- entering the drug into the area of acute inflammation of an infectious nature is unacceptable – this threatens the spread of local infection;
- a missed injection should not be compensated by the introduction of a double dose – it is necessary to carry out treatment in an unchanged regimen prescribed by a doctor;
- drug withdrawal should be done immediately, without a smooth reduction in dosage;
- the development of an allergic reaction, especially not indicated in the instructions, is a reason for immediate medical attention;
- the allowed interval for patients with chronic kidney failure or who have recently experienced bleeding is not more than 1 injection in 7 days;
- a damaged ampoule (bottle) containing a powder that does not meet the description (other color) cannot be used.
During treatment with the drug, there are no restrictions on the implementation of activities that require a high concentration and speed of reactions (driving and various mechanisms).
Interaction with other drugs
Longidase is actively used in complex therapy, supplementing injections with antibacterial, antiviral, antifungal and antitumor drugs, as well as drugs that directly relieve bronchospasm.
Moreover, according to the instructions:
- a combination of injections with antibiotics, local painkillers and diuretics helps to increase the bioavailability of drugs and enhance their effect;
- simultaneous administration with salicylates, antihistamines and hormonal drugs – cortisone, estrogens or adrenocorticotropes in large doses can reduce the enzyme activity of Longidase;
- concurrent administration of furosemide, benzodiazepines and phenytoin is not recommended.
Drugs with an identical active substance and effectiveness do not exist.
A similar (but not similar) therapeutic effect is exerted by:
- Lidase – the active substance is hyaluronidase – a natural enzyme obtained from the glands of cattle that has not undergone special treatment (unlike Longidaza). It does not differ in prolonged action (injections need to be administered more often) and additional properties – antioxidant and immunomodulating. It can be prescribed during pregnancy and lactation. The cost of 10 ampoules is about $ 4,08;
- Polyoxidonium. The active substance is azoximer bromide, additionally contains mannitol, povidone and beta-carotene. The basic effect is immunomodulatory. The drug is used for tuberculosis, chronic and recurrent urogenital diseases. Polyoxidonium is allowed for children from 6 months, is contraindicated in pregnant and lactating women. The price of 10 ampoules (minimum rate) is about $ 14;
- Chymotrypsin. The drug contains an enzyme from the pancreas of animals. Scope – gum inflammation, ENT diseases, inflammatory processes in the lungs and organs of vision. Chymotrypsin is not prescribed until 18 years of age, during pregnancy and lactation. The price of 10 ampoules is about $ 10,88;
- Trypsin is similar in composition to Chymotrypsin, it is used for pulmonary, ocular and ENT diseases, including purulent inflammation and in the postoperative period. The drug resolves scars, liquefies viscous pus. Trypsin can be administered to pregnant and lactating women. The price is $ 10,88 for 10 ampoules.
All of these medicines can be purchased in powder form for the preparation of an injection solution.
Terms and conditions of storage
- Longidaza should be stored in a dark place, protected from moisture.
- Storage temperature should not exceed 15 degrees.
- Keep out of the reach of children.
- Shelf life is 2 years from the date of manufacture – both dates are indicated on the package.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
Fashionable bangs of the new season for medium, short, long hair. Photo.
Powder for the preparation of the solution can be purchased at large pharmacy chains, as well as ordered through online pharmacies. The average cost of 5 ampoules of 3000 IU is $ 27.
Doctors evaluate the drug ambiguously – some note the effectiveness of the drug in gynecology and urology, others – the complexity of an objective evaluation of the result, which makes Longidaza only relevant in combination or prevention.
Based on patient feedback, the following conclusions can be drawn:
- with urological and gynecological diseases, the drug is often prescribed in the form of candles. Injections are chosen in situations where it is difficult for the patient to maintain the interval (injections have a longer effect);
- regardless of the form of release, Longidaza promotes the resorption of small adhesions and the elimination of tubal infertility. With large chronic commissures, it is not always possible to do without surgery, however, injections relieve pain;
- the drug is effective in the treatment of acute and chronic prostatitis (increases the interval between exacerbations period), as well as cystitis;
- injections go well with antibacterial agents and physiotherapy;
- 5 injections may be sufficient to combat non-healing postoperative wounds;
- In some patients, the injection seemed painful;
- side effects (nausea and dizziness), occur rarely and do not lead to the abolition of treatment;
- bruises and small swelling may remain after the injections, disappearing only after a week.
All patients report a high cost of treatment. Longidase is a drug based on a natural enzyme that has no analogues and gives a minimum of side effects.
Injections are especially effective in preventing adhesions and scarring, and combine well with antibiotics.
The drug is safe when used according to the instructions.
Video on the topic: Longidaza injections, instructions for use
The drug Longidaza: reviews and recommendations of a specialist: