Exercises using fitness gum are increasingly gaining popularity today. This is due to the fact that every woman wants to have beautiful, slender legs and toned buttocks, applying minimal effort with maximum safety for health.
However, it is not always possible to visit the gym. To maintain a beautiful figure, fitness exercises are best suited.
- The essence and basic principles
- Indications for use
- Useful Tips
- Setting a goal and result
- Choosing a Fitness Gum
- Decide on time
- Determine the level of physical fitness
- Exercise Preparation
- Safety Rules for Using Fitness Gum
- Recommended gum for fitness reviews on the Internet
- Main complex
- Result fixing
- When to expect an effect
- Video about exercises with elastic for legs and buttocks
The essence and basic principles
Fitness elastic bands are elastic bands for legs made of special material with different densities. They are also called expanders. Most expanders are made from 100% latex. It should be borne in mind that latex varies in quality, which depends on the country of manufacture – Malaysia, Thailand or China.
The highest quality is considered latex produced in Malaysia. It has high elasticity and strength, which makes it several times wear-resistant compared, for example, with Chinese latex. Depending on the density of the expander, the load is determined. The denser the elastic, the stronger the resistance, respectively, the greater the load on the body.
In addition, it is convenient to use at home, the fitness elastic band is an excellent alternative to the barbell and dumbbells while it is safe and easy to store. There are different types of fitness gum. Some are designed for pumping legs and buttocks, others – to strengthen the muscles of the arms and back.
Exercises with an elastic band for legs can be performed even for beginners. They are not only safe and healthy, but also considered one of the most effective ways to pump up your body in a short time.
The use of expanders for training has several advantages:
- the load is evenly distributed over the entire trained area of the body;
- the risk of injury is minimal, virtually eliminated;
- multifunctionality and universality – classes with an expander help to work out different muscle groups, including the rehabilitation of various injuries;
- the body becomes more elastic, problem areas of the body are smoothed out;
- the opportunity to train at home without visiting the gym;
- low cost.
Despite the number of advantages, fitness gums have small disadvantages that need to be considered when buying this sports equipment.
- thin elastic bands wear out quickly and tear;
- narrow gums stick into the skin and cause pain and discomfort;
- possible latex allergy.
Elastic bands for fitness are divided into the following types:
- elastic tapes 3’9 – 6’6 foot long, 2 inch wide;
- mini loop about 23’6 inch long, 2 – 3’9 inch wide;
- long loop 4’9 – 6’6 foot long, 0’8 – 3’9 inch wide, suitable for athletes;
The most popular type of fitness gum is elastic tape. It is in great demand because of its versatility. It can be used in all exercises to work out any muscle group. Mini loop is considered the most convenient and safe to use. Does not squeeze vessels, does not usd. Effective for pumping the press.
Using a long loop is convenient in that the amplitude of the movements can be increased due to its length. But you need to have some physical preparation for training with this type of gum. Eights are suitable for working out the muscles of the hips, buttocks and forearms. The ring pumps biceps and triceps well. Exertube is suitable for strengthening the muscles of the back and arms.
The composition of the material fitness gum distinguish:
Latex expanders are most popular today. They stretch well, but can cause allergies. The fabric elastic bands in the composition have natural fabrics with the addition of polyester or latex. The advantage of fabric gum is that when performing exercises, it does not slide off the body. Of the shortcomings – rubs the skin.
If you are allergic to latex, then a good alternative would be a polyurethane elastic band for fitness. It is hypoallergenic and has good wear resistance. The main disadvantage is the high price compared to rubber bands from other materials.
If you need an inexpensive expander, you can buy a rubber one, but you need to keep in mind that such an elastic band wears out quickly and loses its stiffness.
Exercises with elastic for the legs can be performed at home, which is undoubtedly a plus of this sports equipment. The principle of working with such tapes is that when they are stretched, the load on the legs is due to resistance.
Exercising daily with an expander is not recommended, since in a short time the muscles will not have time to recover, which can be harmful to health. In addition, you should pay attention to the execution technique in order to achieve the desired results in a relatively short time.
Exercises with an elastic band for legs will help to achieve the following:
- weight reduction (for those who want to lose weight);
- a set of muscle mass (for those who want to gain muscle mass);
- improving body elasticity;
- increase muscle resistance;
- restoration of injured muscles and joints.
Indications for use
The expanders are compact, easy to use and absolutely safe. They can be recommended to almost everyone who wants to get in shape, since exercises with fitness elastic do not apply to particularly high loads. Thanks to a well-chosen set of classes, you can work out individual muscle groups of the legs, arms, back for the rehabilitation of joints and muscles after various injuries.
Exercises with an elastic band for the legs will be useful to those who are contraindicated in exercises with barbells, dumbbells and other additional weight. If you have problems with excess weight, then training with an expander will help to reduce weight and improve muscle resistance.
In addition, fitness gum is an excellent tool to combat cellulite, which helps to improve skin elasticity. Performing exercises with an expander, you can achieve beautiful posture and harmony of the legs.
Despite its safety and ease of use of the expander, there are general contraindications:
- spinal injuries;
- oncological diseases;
- problems with heart;
- recent head injuries;
- mental health problems.
Before you start exercising with fitness gum, you need to conduct a brief introspection and decide on the points listed below.
Setting a goal and result
As in all endeavors, in preparing for training with fitness rubber, first of all, it is necessary to determine the goal and the desired re
sult of the classes.
- lose weight;
- gain muscle mass in general;
- work out certain muscles, for example, pump up the buttocks or legs;
- restore old injuries;
Choosing a Fitness Gum
To choose an expander, first of all, you need to pay attention to the degree of resistance. For beginners, an expander with minimal resistance is suitable. For a person with training – medium hardness or hard tapes. Strongly rigid with maximum resistance, tape expanders are designed for athletes.
It is customary to distinguish expanders by color scheme:
- yellow – soft rubber bands for beginners;
- red ones are soft;
- green – gum medium hardness;
- blue are hard;
- blacks are very tough.
But, you need to keep in mind, often the manufacturer independently determines the palette, so you should check the labeling. For beginners, it is better to buy a set of 5 fitness gum.
Decide on time
To achieve the desired result, you need to decide how much time is planned to devote to training. For a beginner, classes for half an hour 2-3 times a week will be sufficient.
Often, training is not recommended, because due to intense training, the body does not have time to recover in a short time. As a result, the result will be minimal, and the body will experience stress. As you master the expander, you can increase the duration and load of classes.
Determine the level of physical fitness
It is necessary to evaluate the capabilities of your body. In addition, it will not be superfluous to consult a doctor.
Before you immediately begin training with fitness elastic, you should conduct a warm-up and a short stretch. Warm up is necessary in order to prepare your body for physical activity. It helps to warm up the muscles in order to avoid injuries and sprains, and also perform exercises with the greatest efficiency.
If you warm up well before class, then blood circulation improves, muscles are saturated with oxygen, and accordingly, endurance during exercises increases. Therefore, you should not neglect the warm-up, as this can cause negative consequences. In time, the warm-up can be carried out for 10-20 minutes.
Safety Rules for Using Fitness Gum
- It is strictly forbidden to let go of a stretched elastic band for fitness.
- Do not stretch an elastic band 2.5 times its own length.
- It is not recommended to work with expanders on an uneven surface, so as not to lose balance during training.
- You need to start classes with slow movements with a gradual increase in tension.
Recommended gum for fitness reviews on the Internet
Thanks to reviews on the Internet, you can familiarize yourself and choose the right set for classes. Examples of expanders with good reviews are presented in the table.
Recommended Fitness Gum Kits:
|The brand||description||structure||price, usd.)|
|U-POWEX||Set of 5 tape expanders||100% latex||1300 – 1700|
|Esonstyle||Set of 5 fitness rubber bands||rubber, artificial latex||850 – 1000|
|Go do it||A basic set of 5 fitness gum for beginners||100% natural latex||1200 – 1500|
|Attletika24||Set of 5 ribbons||100% natural latex||1000 – 1600|
|Zoe dundee||Set of 4 tape expanders||100% natural latex||900 – 1300|
For those who do not have time to train in the gym, an example of a set of exercises with an expander for legs and buttocks is presented. The complex of homework for beginners mainly includes a warm-up and power loads (exercises with an elastic band for legs) lasting 30-40 minutes. 2-3 times a week. A description of the exercises with a fitness elastic band for the legs is given below.
First you need to warm up for 10 minutes. Then proceed to the exercises.
Lunges, for beginners – repeat 8 times on each leg:
- initial position – standing, slightly spreading legs, set the band expander on the hips;
- place one leg after the other so that when sitting the thigh is parallel to the floor;
- put your foot in the starting position.
Mahi with a foot in a pose on all fours, beginning to perform 2 sets of 10 times on each leg:
- fix the expander at the level of the knees;
- get on all fours;
- perform a swing up, bend your leg at the knee and return to the st
Deep squats, for beginners, perform 2 sets of 15 times:
- legs apart shoulder width apart, fix the elastic on the hips;
- take the pelvis back;
- Squat so that your hips are parallel to the floor.
Raising the leg from a prone position, for
beginners perform 3 sets of 8 times:
- lie on your side, set the band expander above the ankles;
- raise the straight leg up, the foot parallel to the floor, lower the leg down.
Swing feet back on all fours, starting to repeat 10 times on each leg:
- stand on all fours, set one end of the gum on the left foot (ankle or foot), the other on the right foot;
- stretch the right foot back, stretching the elastic;
- put your foot in the starting position.
Thrust on one leg, beginning to perform 10 times on each leg:
- fasten the elastic to the foot of the supporting leg;
- put the supporting leg forward and transfer the weight to it;
- bend the supporting leg, gently bending until the arm reaches the middle of the calf, the back should remain straight all the time;
- rise to its original position.
After completing all the exercises, take the child’s pose (lie on your knees, head down on the floor, stretch your arms forward) for 2-3 minutes. Then stand up, restore breathing, spreading his arms up and lowering down.
Warm up – 10 min.
Exercise jumping legs apart, the number of repetitions for beginners – 20 times:
- fix the expander below around the ankles;
- crouch, legs apart shoulder width apart, arms position at chest level;
- jump – legs apart;
- jump – legs together.
Swing back while standing, reps 15 times per leg:
- fasten the expander around the ankles;
- hands to close in the lock on the chest;
- weight transfer to the supporting leg;
- take the other leg back about 5’9 – 7’9 inch, without bending the knees;
- raise the leg and lower it, leaving the elastic stretched.
Gluteal bridge with stretching legs, for beginners – repeat 20 times, alternating legs:
- starting position – lying on your back, fix the band expander on the hips;
- put hands along the body, knees bent;
- tighten the buttocks and abdomen, raise the hips;
- in the bridge, straighten one leg and put it back;
- hips down to the floor.
Exercise with a chair, the number of repetitions – 20 times:
- starting position – sitting on a chair, stretch the expander on the hips, legs apart at shoulder width;
- spread legs in different directions and return them to their original position.
Then repeat with the other leg.
Exercise in a pose on all fours, the number of repetitions for beginners – 30 times on each leg:
- install a ribbon expander on your lap;
- to take a pose on all fours, arms spread out shoulder width apart;
- take your right foot to the side as much as possible;
- hold the foot for 5-10 seconds, put the foot in the initial position.
At the end of the workout, lie down in the child’s position for 2-3 minutes. Then rise, restoring breathing, raising arms up and lowering down.
Warm up – 10 min.
Attached steps with elastic, the number of repetitions for beginners – 20 times:
- fasten the band expander around the ankles;
- crouch slightly, put your hands on your chest;
- perform 3 steps in one direction, leaving the expander taut;
- return to starting position;
Swing with legs + squats, number of repetitions – 2 sets of 8 times:
- fix the expander on your lap;
- do a squat;
- rise, while straightening, swing the leg up (legs alternate).
Gluteal bridge with bringing the hips, the number of repetitions for beginners – 20 times:
- lying position, fix the band expander on the hips;
- put your hands along the body, bend your legs at the knees;
- strain the buttocks and abdomen, raise the hips, do not bend your back, put your feet together;
- in the position of the bridge to spread legs in different directions, the feet are still in place;
- close your legs slowly.
The bar, the number of repetitions for the beginner is 15 times:
- set the band expander slightly below the knees;
- position in the bar, straighten your arms, spread out shoulder width apart;
- fix the body parallel to the floor;
- jump – legs apart;
- jump – connect back.
Raising the leg in a prone position, the
number of repetitions – 3 sets of 8 times:
- lie on your side, fix the elastic band for the legs above the ankles;
- raise the foot up, the foot parallel to the floor, lower the foot down.
At the end of the lesson, take the child’s pose for a couple of minutes. After that, slowly rise, gradually restoring breathing, spreading hands up and lowering down.
Regardless of the purpose of training with the expander, it is important to maintain a balanced and balanced diet. It is advisable to eat in small portions 5-6 times a day. You can make small snacks with fruit or yogurt between meals.
It is also helpful to breathe fresh air and to arrange more walks. Ideally, walking 3 – 4 mile at an average pace is recommended. For unaccustomed people – 1 – 2 mile at your own pace. If possible, go to bed for 30 minutes before going to bed. In addition, the mood for training, set goals, eradicating laziness and developing willpower is of no small importance.
When to expect an effect
With the right technical approach and the implementation of exercises using fitness gum for the legs, the first results can be noticed after 4-6 weeks. Fitness gum – a necessary sports equipment for home workouts, which is characterized by efficiency and safety of use.
The device is easy to use and store, since gum has different levels of resistance, the load can be adjusted based on the capabilities of the body. In addition, you can put on 2 tape expanders at the same time to increase the load on the desired muscle areas. Thanks to the elastic bands, even those muscles and joints that were previously not involved in regular training are worked out.
Video about exercises with elastic for legs and buttocks
Examples of exercises with elastic for legs and buttocks: