The structural features of the human skull lead to the fact that with age, the skin tightening the facial sections loses its elasticity and sags in the area of the lacrimal bone. The resulting nasolacrimal groove is corrected by fillers. This intervention helps restore elasticity and tension to changed areas.
- Why is a nasolacrimal groove formed
- The benefits of correction of the nasolacrimal sulcus with fillers
- Contraindications to the correction of the nasolacrimal sulcus with fillers
- Comparison of the technique with other correction methods
- Types of drugs: description, pros and cons
- Preparation for the procedure
- How to make a correction
- Recovery terms, features of the course
- Is it possible to do massage
- How long are the results of applying fillers
- Care after correction
- Possible complications and methods of their treatment
- The best drugs: a review, advantages and disadvantages
- Surgiderm 30 XP
- Teosyal redensity 2
- Belotero soft
- Filorga M-HA 18
- Stylage s
- The cost of the procedure in New York, Los Angeles,
- Video on the effectiveness of fillers for nasolacrimal sulcus correction
Why is a nasolacrimal groove formed
The nasolacrimal groove is called the lacrimal due to the eponymous name of the bone along which it runs. This is a fold that forms from the inner corner of the eye toward the arc that forms the cheekbones. The nasolacrimal groove becomes noticeable with age. In addition, the anatomical feature of the structure of the skull can become one of the determining factors for the occurrence of a furrow.
Bad habits aggravate the appearance of folds and provoke a deep bedding.
The list of risk factors due to which the fold becomes more noticeable:
- age from 30 years;
- genetic predisposition due to the structure of the cranium;
- violation of the endocrine system;
- diseases associated with blood flow to the vessels of the brain, the formation of stagnation in the blood;
- bad habits: alcohol abuse, smoking;
- systematic lack of sleep;
- improper skin care;
- maxillofacial injuries;
- sudden jumps in weight: excessive weight gain and dramatic weight loss;
- frequent stressful situations.
The nasolacrimal groove, the filler correction of which easily smoothes the skin, forms in different ways. Many women call nasolacrimal grooves “bags under the eyes.” They can be formed subsequently lack of sleep, then partially smoothed.
The main task of the cosmetologist: to determine at what stage of occurrence is the fold of the lacrimal canal. One of the most common risk factors for a lacrimal fold, according to cosmetologists, is weight fluctuation. Diets that guarantee a sharp departure of extra pounds become dangerous for the facial muscles.
Loss of elasticity leads to:
- to occurring folds;
- accumulation of lymphatic fluid;
- improper placement of periorbital fat.
The benefits of correction of the nasolacrimal sulcus with fillers
In addition to the discomfort of the appearance of folds under the eyes of a woman, they may experience physical inconvenience. The skin around the eyes is the thinnest of all areas; it undergoes rapid drying. Loss of moisture leads to a feeling of dryness, tingling, tightening of the skin.
Beauticians recommend adhering to the principles of a healthy lifestyle in order to minimize the risk of nasolacrimal folds:
- plan a menu that contains fruits, vegetables, proteins and carbohydrates;
- reduce the consumption of sweet and flour foods, eliminate too salted and smoked foods;
- take multivitamin complexes, which contain B vitamins;
- Perform gymnastics for the facial muscles (this helps to reduce facial wrinkles and helps maintain skin elasticity);
- drink at least 0,4 gallon of fluid per day;
- to be attentive to health, heal colds in a timely manner and not start the processes of the chronic course of diseases.
These steps will help reduce the risks of developing deep folds on the face. There are cases when preventive measures become insufficient. The formation of deep cavities of the nasolacrimal groove requires correction in many cases. In order to correct a defect that has appeared, women resort to the services of cosmetologists.
One of the most common interventions is filling up voids with fillers.
Correction with fillers helps to solve several problems at the same time:
- the elasticity and density of the skin increases;
- the cavity is eliminated;
- skin texture is leveled.
Injections are suitable for those for whom surgical interventions are contraindicated due to health characteristics. Fillers are called special placeholders. Due to the thick gel-like structure, they are able to fill the voids formed as a result of sagging skin. Fillers are selected depending on the information collected about the patient.
The value has:
- patient age;
- depth of depressions;
- individual characteristics of the body.
The main advantage of using fillers is the ability to fix defects without surgery. In addition, the injection does not depend on the time of year, almost no contraindications.
Contraindications to the correction of the nasolacrimal sulcus with fillers
Procedures are contraindicated in the development of skin diseases, any damage to the skin or tumor processes in the body. Fillers can exacerbate existing problems.
Comparison of the technique with other correction methods
Nasolacrimal fissure, which is corrected by fillers without additional preparation, can be eliminated by other methods.
|Type of method||How is|
Types of drugs: description, pros and cons
Currently, cosmetologists recommend choosing between several groups of drugs that, in addition to their cosmetic purpose, have a positive effect on the body.
Synthetic fillers were created in the last century. They are a mixture of synthetic substances (mainly silicone and paraffin).
The advantages of using these fillers are:
- long-term result from exposure;
- low price;
- the inability of the filler to react with skin cells.
Correction with synthetic fillers has a serious drawback: they are able to migrate. Leaving the nasolacrimal groove, synthetics can provoke the formation of additional defects on the skin of the face. In addition, synthetic drugs often cause allergic reactions.
Biosynthetic preparations of the 2nd generation are based on synthetic fillers; they are most compatible with human cells. May persist in the human body from 2 to 5 years.
Biosynthetic fillers are made on the basis of:
- calcium hydroxyapatite;
- synthetic polylactic acid.
Minus biosynthetics in the ability to clog vessels and provoke edema at any stage.
These are fillers that are made on the basis of a substance that makes cells activate and smooth wrinkles in a natural way.
The benefits of biodegradable drugs are obvious:
- lack of side effects;
- excretion from the body in a natural way;
- guaranteed result.
Unlike biosynthetic and synthetic products, biodegradable fillers retain their effect for 8-10 months.
Preparation for the procedure
After choosing a method of exposure, determining the type of drug, you need to prepare for the procedure. Preparation does not take much time.
- Facial skin is cleaned from contamination by special means.
- Mark the line along which the correction will be carried out.
- Local anesthetics are administered, most often, they use the application method, that is, applying an anesthetic cream.
- They wait for 15-25 minutes until the anesthetic begins to act.
How to make a correction
The nasolacrimal groove, the correction of which does not take more than an hour by fillers, does not disappear immediately. During the procedure, the site undergoes intensive intervention, so you should not expect an instant result. After the anesthetic begins to act, the cosmetologist proceeds with the introduction of the filler.
To do this, successive punctures are made along the line marked in advance for correction.
The gel-like filler is introduced under the skin in small portions so that the cosmetologist has the opportunity to evenly distribute it throughout the nasolacrimal groove. After introducing the calculated amount of the product, the skin area is gently massaged, removing the formed tubercles.
At the end of the introduction of fillers in some clinics, cosmetologists apply the mask. This prevents inflammation and has a calming effect on the skin. The rehabilitation period after the introduction of fillers can last up to 10 days. The exact forecast depends on the individual characteristics of the body.
Recovery terms, features of the course
Swelling goes away after 2-3 days. To increase the swelling rate of edema, cosmetologists recommend soothing masks with a cooling effect.
During the rehabilitation period, several rules must be observed:
- exclude the use of salty, spicy, too hot food, as well as dishes containing an increased amount of fiber;
- exclude a visit to the solarium, sauna, bath for 10 days;
- do not use peeling and scrubs in face care.
In addition, you should refrain from taking medications, as well as alcohol.
Is it possible to do massage
Facial massage begin to be carried out no earlier than 6-7 weeks after correction. During the massage should not massage the treated areas, as well as refrain from exposure to special brushes and sponges.
How long are the results of applying fillers
The effect of introducing fillers under the skin depends on the choice of the drug and the condition of the skin.
- the maximum duration of biodegradable drugs is 12 months;
- biosynthetic drugs are valid for 6 to 8 months;
- synthetic fillers – from 3 years and more.
Care after correction
The nasolacrimal groove, the filler correction of which is carried out regardless of age, may have the ability to lie in the same place due to the lack of proper care after correction. It is necessary to take care of the area after exposure to fillers in a special way. This will help consolidate the result and prolong the effect of exposure.
- For care, choose an age-marking cream that takes into account the characteristics of the skin.
- Daily care includes the obligatory removal of makeup before bedtime.
- The cream for the skin around the eyes should contain hyaluronic acid, a special effect can be achieved using means with a cooling effect.
Possible complications and methods of their treatment
The planned result from the introduction of fillers under the skin can differ significantly from the real effect. The consequences of correction of the nasolacrimal groove may be different.
The cause of complications may be one of the factors:
- low-quality drugs;
- unskilled specialists;
- non-compliance with the rules during the correction;
- possible health problems that were not identified as a result of the examination before correction.
The consequences are eliminated by specially prescribed treatment after the patient visits the clinic. Remediation may include surgery in particularly difficult cases.
Edema is a natural reaction of the body to outside interference. Normal edema after the introduction of fillers lasts 2-3 days. In case of violation of the rules for the correction, edema will develop according to an unplanned scenario.
Puffiness, which lasts for 1.5 weeks, indicates that the fillers were injected too deeply or that the cosmetologist incorrectly calculated the concentration of the selected drug.
If edema is accompanied by the spread of bruises in the area around the eyes and beyond, then you must immediately consult a doctor. Edema can be a consequence of a violation of blood flow, as well as a signal about the development of inflammatory processes under the skin.
The pain from clicking on the treated area can persist for a long period of time for various reasons:
- nerve endings are affected;
- uneven portions of the gel were introduced, due to which tissue displacement occurred;
- hypersensitivity of the skin, reaction to the selected diameter of the needle.
The processes of inflammation can be a reaction of the body to the ingestion of foreign substances. A normal inflammatory reaction disappears in 2-3 days. If hygiene standards were not followed when fillers were introduced, then a bacterial infection may begin to develop.
Necrotic changes are one of the most dangerous and unpleasant complications after the introduction of fillers. They can develop if the drug enters between the vessels and disrupts blood flow in a specific area of the skin.
Necrotic changes begin with the appearance of edema, inflammation, and the spread of bruises. Due to impaired blood flow, the introduced gel can begin to migrate, which leads to nerve damage. Eliminating the consequences will solve the problem of necrotic changes, but can lead to loss of facial expressions.
The best drugs: a review, advantages and disadvantages
For the procedure, it is recommended to choose trusted medical institutions in which specialists in the field of cosmetology work. In addition, the result depends on the choice of drug.
Yuviderm – a drug based on hyaluronic acid. Several varieties of the product are available. Some of the varieties contain lidocaine, which allows painless cosmetic procedures. Possible allergic reactions are the main minus of the drugs of this line
Surgiderm 30 XP
The basis of the product is hyaluronic acid. Beauticians claim that the effect after the introduction of a series of 30 XP persists for 8 to 10 months. Available in special portioned bottles, which allows you to more accurately calculate the required amount of the drug.
Teosyal redensity 2
The products of this line are used to correct deep nasolacrimal grooves. One of the latest developments is fillers based on hyaluronic acid with an additional component glycerol. The effect of the drug can last up to 10 months with proper care and a healthy lifestyle.
Extradermal type agent. Fillers are produced in the form of a monophasic gel, they are produced on the basis of salts of hyaluronic acid. They increase skin elasticity and provide a long-lasting lifting effect. Cosmetologists call the advantage of the product a reduced content of sodium hyaluronate.
Filorga M-HA 18
French products. Marking indicates the possibility of correction of wrinkles in several facial areas. Fillers have a double effect. They are suitable not only for filling the nasolacrimal groove, but also for deep hydration of the skin.
Hyaluronic acid in combination with glycerol and additional components can fill the channels and have a preventive effect, the purpose of which is to increase muscle tone.
The drug is made in France is considered a new generation filler, it is based on hyaluronic acid, has several advantages compared to other substances. 3D matrix technology provides a lasting effect. Components with antioxidant properties make injections safe.
The peculiarity of the drug lies in the fact that it is available in a unique disposable syringe, packed in a moisture-proof blister.
The cost of the procedure in New York, Los Angeles,
Prices for the correction procedure depend on the cost of the selected funds and on the qualifications of the specialist. In addition, the amount of the drug is important. To repair a mild defect, less preparation is required than to fill deep cavities.
- the cost of lacrimal groove correction in New York and Los Angeles – from $ 156 .;
- the price of services inal departments of cosmetology clinics – from $ 122.
Estimated cost of drugs:
- Juvederm – from $ 204 .;
- Belotero – from $ 163 .;
- Surgidrem – from $ 150.
Modern cosmetology offers a variety of defects removal services. The choice of a method for correcting a nasolacrimal groove depends on the degree of manifestation of the defect, as well as on the individual characteristics of the patient. Correction with fillers helps to solve the problem without surgical intervention, which makes the procedure attractive for many women.
Video on the effectiveness of fillers for nasolacrimal sulcus correction
Master class on the correction of nasolacrimal fissure:
More about the procedure: