Collagen recovery This is the latest procedure to help get rid of dry scalp, fragility and exfoliation of hair. Collagen it is a protein that is the basis of connective tissue. It is thanks to him that fabrics acquire strength and elasticity.
Types of collagen
There are several types of collagen intended for certain types of tissue.
Depending on the specific type, collagen performs several important functions at once:
- protection guarantees durability, protects fabrics from any mechanical damages;
- support reliably “fixes” tissues, guaranteeing invariable forms;
- recovery takes an active part in the restoration processes of damaged tissues.
In combination with elastin, collagen provides tissue elasticity. In addition, it also retains moisture.
Collagen is synthesized in the human body, but after 25 years its production is significantly reduced, so you have to supplement its lack from the outside: taking special dietary supplements, using cosmetics created on its basis or stimulating its production of vitamin or amino acids.
There are several types of collagen that are used to create cosmetics:
- Animal. It is extracted mainly from the skin of cattle. This type of protein is considered the most easily obtained and cheapest. It is it that is most often used in the manufacture of hair care products. But this type of protein has large molecules, which is why it is able to replace the natural compounds produced by the body. The average wife means with animal collagen $ 10 – $ 11.
- Vegetable. It is not possible to extract protein from all plants. Only wheat germ is suitable for this. To properly process them, you have to make a lot of effort and money, so this type of protein has a high price. This species is ideal for a therapeutic effect, but it is difficult to find. Its average cost is 0,34 fluid ounce of plant collagen $ 5 – $ 5.
- Nautical. The raw materials for its production are some species of fish, stingrays, sharks and mollusks. This species is considered the best, as it consists of small molecules, so it easily repairs damaged hair. This type is included in premium cosmetics. The average cost of such a tool is $ 6,8.
- Synthetic . This species is not particularly popular, but it can serve as an excellent substitute for natural collagen. Get it from stem cells and amino acids. It penetrates perfectly into the hair, without disrupting the vital functions of cells. The price varies from $ 4,08.
Collagen restoration of damaged hair can be done in the salon or at home.
Advantages and disadvantages of collagen hair restoration procedure
Collagen hair restoration, like many other cosmetic procedures, has its advantages and disadvantages.
Thanks to this procedure, it is possible to:
- remove excessive brittleness;
- make hair softer;
- prevent entanglement;
- protect hair from abundant loss;
- return natural smoothness and shine;
- remove the dull and inanimate color.
For women with long hair, the procedure will help prevent tangles, and representatives of thin hair will regain volume and density. Collagen will help protect hair from various types of damage, creating an invisible film around each hair.
After the first procedure, you can notice a serious change. But the main advantage of this procedure is the fact that you can completely restore hair damaged by frequent dyeing and lightening procedures.
Collagen hair restoration can negatively affect hair that is prone to hair loss and is too weak.
Collagen will create an additional load on the follicles and lead to a reverse reaction, the hair will fall even more.
Collagen hair restoration is recommended for such problems:
- excessive fragility;
- lack of smoothness and gloss;
- dry skin of the head;
It is recommended that people perform collagen repair procedure:
- living in areas with a polluted atmosphere;
- washing the head with chlorinated or extra hard water;
- often abiding in open sunlight without a hat;
- constantly experiencing temperature changes;
- constantly using a hairdryer and other hair styling devices;
- systematically using hair dye;
- suffering from vitamin deficiency.
It is all these circumstances that cause irreparable harm to the health of the hair.
It is not recommended to restore hair with collagen if a person has such ailments:
- metabolic processes are disturbed;
- malfunctions of the organs of the endocrine system;
- metabolic disorder;
- high body temperature;
- an allergic reaction to cosmetics appears;
- severe headaches of unknown origin are observed;
- diagnosed with a brain tumor;
- intracranial pressure is higher than normal;
- dermatological diseases are observed.
With such violations, the collagen applied to the hair can provoke a decrease in protein production in the body, which will subsequently lead to damage to the hair cuticle.
No preparatory measures are required before collagen repair. Simply agree with the master the day of visiting the salon, you do not even need to wash your hair first. At home, they carry out the procedure without preparation.
When choosing a product that contains collagen, you need to pay attention to its variety. Hydrated protein is added to a quality product, which helps not only to draw moisture, but also reliably holds it inside the hair. The table below provides a list of the best products with collagen.
|Name of facility||How to apply||the effect||Price|
|Mask Incus LCP||This is a great tool for girls with dull, dry and dyed hair. To achieve the cumulative effect, you should apply the mask 2 times a week.||The composition of this mask includes protein of plant origin. It is thanks to him that already after the first application, the scalp is well moisturized, the hair roots receive nutrition, due to which their loss is prevented.||$ 11,56|
|Mask Profresh Collagen||Suitable for the fair sex with long hair. Apply to hair no more than 2 times a week.||The composition of this product contains marine collagen, as well as olive oil and biotin. Thanks to the correctly selected composition, after the first application, the hair returns its natural shine, and tangling is prevented.||$ 2,72|
|Coolhair Wrap||The composition immediately includes two products: shampoo and mask. They need to be used alternately: first shampoo washing your hair, and then apply a mask. Apply no more than 2 times a week.||The composition of shampoos includes amino acids and zinc, which have a restorative effect, and also removes dandruff and tightens pores. A mask with collagen nourishes and moisturizes, making hair more manageable and smooth.||$ 41|
|Collagen Gold Silk Balm||Apply balm to wet hair, after using shampoo, hold for 5 minutes and rinse off. Use 2-3 times a week.||Thanks to this balm, it is possible to solder split ends, make hair less brittle, restore smoothness and natural shine.||$ 1,36|
|Shampoo Profresh Collagen||The product is foamed in the hands, applied to wet hair and washed off. Use 2 times a week.||This shampoo is ideal for girls with weakened hair. It perfectly nourishes, increases volume and facilitates combing.||$ 2,18|
Procedure step by step
The procedure is carried out in the salon in several stages:
- Initially, the master should wash his hair thoroughly to remove dirt and traces of previously used cosmetics.
- After washing, the hair is divided into small locks, fixed with special forceps.
- Collagen is applied evenly to each strand. The scallops with small teeth are combed carefully.
- 15 minutes after applying collagen, it is washed off with warm water, without the use of any additional funds.
- Final stage baking. Using infrared tongs, the master bakes collagen, fixing it on the hair for a long time.
In the cabin, the procedure will cost a lot. One procedure for short hair will cost an average of $ 27, and for long 2500 and above. If there is no time or money to visit the salon, then at home you can independently carry out collagen wrapping. This will require collagen, which can be purchased at the pharmacy in the form of a powder or liquid.
Collagen hair restoration at home consists of the following stages:
- Pre-wash your hair with shampoo.
- Use a towel to dry hair a little.
- Divide the hair parted in 2 parts.
- Each part must be thoroughly treated with collagen. To accomplish this task, you need to take small strands of hair and apply collagen to them with a brush. From the roots of the hair, you should definitely step back 0’4 inch.
- Comb-soaked hair comb with a comb with rare teeth.
- Put a plastic bag over your head, and then tie a towel, thus creating the effect of a steam bath.
- Leave collagen for a quarter of an hour.
- After collagen is washed off with warm water without the use of additional funds.
- Dry your hair with a hairdryer. The heat from the hair dryer will help the collagen to seal the hair scales and lock onto them securely.
The procedure for wrapping at home should be 1-2 times a week. The course consists of 5 procedures.
The best tool for home use is the Coolhair kit shampoo and mask . The shampoo has a perfectly balanced formula: amino acids and zinc. These components in the complex perfectly remove fat from the scalp, narrow pores, remove dandruff and stimulate hair growth. Shampoo nourishes the follicles, saturating them with vitamin and trace elements.
The mask is applied for 10-15 minutes on washed hair, washed off with warm water. After this, you should definitely blow dry your hair in order to seal the scales in such a way and more securely fix the collagen on each hair.
The mask contains not only collagen, but also amino acids, B vitamins and silk. It is the balanced composition that manages to notice a positive effect immediately after the first application.
Restore damaged hair at home can be folk remedies. In each of the masks described below, you can add a few drops of liquid collagen (it is sold in ampoules in pharmacies). Collagen will enhance the effect of the mask.
The most popular and effective masks are:
- With shampoo and gelatin. To prepare the mask will require 1/4 tablespoon. shampoo, 15 g of gelatin and 8,45 fluid ounce of water. Pour gelatin with water and leave for 50 minutes. Then put in a water bath and heat, but do not let the liquid boil. All lumps should dissolve during heating. Cool gelatin to room temperature, mix with shampoo. Apply evenly over the entire length of the hair, put on a plastic cap, tie a towel and leave for 1 hour. Wash off with water. Repeat the procedure once every 10 days.
- Yolk. It will take 2 yolks and 1/4 tablespoon. coconut oil. Melt the butter in the microwave, beat the yolks thoroughly with a fork until white foam appears, combine both components and mix. Apply to hair, cover with polyethylene and a towel, leave for an hour. Wash off with warm water, blow dry your hair.
Collagen mask. It will take 1 large spoonful of liquid collagen and honey, 1 yolk, 1/4 tablespoon. hair conditioner, warm water. Mix all the components together (you need a little water so that the consistency of the mask is not too liquid), apply evenly over
the entire length of the hair, leave for an hour. After rinse with water, blow dry your hair. Repeat the procedure once a week.
All masks prepared at home can be supplemented with other components depending on the needs and types of hair:
- If the hair is dry and hard, then a warm curdled milk or cream should be added to the mask.
- For oily hair at the roots and dry at the ends, the main ingredient in the masks should be kefir.
- Egg yolk will help to remove oily hair.
- A few drops of brandy added to the mask will help stop hair loss.
- Curly hair is ideal mask in which essential oils are added.
- For hair that is often dyed, gelatin and conditioners are added to the masks, which do not allow the color to be washed out.
To achieve the effect of homemade masks, you will need to take a course of 10 procedures. The course should be repeated every 90-120 days.
How long will the result last
After the first procedure of collagen wrapping, the hair acquires a natural shine and smoothness . They are easy to fit and do not fluff under the headgear. The duration of the effect of 1 procedure lasts for 21 days. Experts advise conducting collagen wrap at home 2 times a month.
If the procedure was carried out in the salon, then its effect lasts for a month, while during all these days you can often wash your hair with shampoo, use a hairdryer and other devices and hair styling products.
After carrying out the procedure in the cabin, it is not recommended to additionally use various masks and serums until the next shampooing. In the future, hair care is no different from the usual.
The collagen hair wrapping procedure is easy to carry. In rare cases, an allergic reaction may occur. That is why, before the procedure, it is necessary to check the body’s reaction to a cosmetic product with collagen.
Part of it is applied to the skin of the hands from the inside, left for 30 minutes. If redness is not observed, then you can carry out the procedure.
Collagen recovery an effective way to provide hair nutrition with protein, make them stronger and more even. The procedure allows you to protect curls from the negative effects of the environment, will return the natural shine, health and beauty.
Video on the topic: how is collagen hair restoration carried out
Collagen hair restoration and straightening: