An alternative to exhausting diets and daily exercise is the breathing exercise system used to lose weight on the abdomen and hips. This method is gaining popularity not only among older women, but also among young people. What it is based on, what techniques it includes and how it works – in detail in this material.
- What is breathing gymnastics
- The benefits of breathing exercises
- The effectiveness of breathing exercises for weight loss
- Gymnastics Technique
- Exercise Preparation
- Exercise Rules
- Exercise: mouth breathing
- Exercise: Flying Belly Lock
- Exercise: Belly Breathing
- Exercise: Stimulating Breath
- Exercise: Skull Radiance
- Exercise: Deep breathing
- Exercise: diaphragm breathing
- Exercise: Holotropic breathing
- Exercise: Breath
- Types of breathing practices
- Bodyflex technique
- Qigong Technique
- Methodology Strelnikova
- Methodology from Pam Groot
- Oxisize Methodology
- The technique of Marina Korpan
- Pranayama technique
- Jianfei Methodology
- Home Exercises
- Outdoor exercise
- Gym exercises
- Slimming breathing simulator
- Exercises for women after 50 years
- Contraindications to breathing exercises
- Reviews of specialists
- Video: abdominal slimming breath
What is breathing gymnastics
The essence of respiratory gymnastics is to perform exercises in a certain sequence, frequency and amplitude, which stimulate the activity of the organs involved in the process. This leads to increased oxygen supply, helps stimulate the body’s metabolic processes, and breathing is used to lose weight in the abdomen, thighs and legs.
The benefits of breathing exercises
Systematic breathing exercises bring certain benefits:
- General health improves. In the absence of diseases, gymnastics has a relaxing effect;
- It is recommended in conjunction with sports and proper nutrition when losing weight;
- The work of the autonomic system is stabilized, which leads to healing from mental disorders, neurosis;
- It develops organs of the respiratory system affected by pathological processes;
- Effective for the prevention of bronchitis, colds, asthma;
- Restores the voice of singers, broadcasters, actors.
The effectiveness of breathing exercises for weight loss
The effectiveness of breathing exercises has long been confirmed by hundreds of people who have managed to lose weight with it, improve the shape of the figure, and also improved their general condition.
It is as follows:
- Strengthening immunity;
- Invigorates and gives strength;
- Normalizes the nervous system. Breathing exercises can reduce the amount of stress hormones. No stress – no habit of seizing problems. Moderate food intake will lead to a decrease in body volume;
- Promotes fast digestion of food;
- Reduces the feeling of hunger;
- Breaks down fat cells. Due to a sufficient amount of oxygen, the alkaline environment improves and the breakdown of fats is accelerated;
- Deep breathing removes accumulated toxins and pesticides from fat cells, and they are reduced.
All techniques use several techniques:
- Inhale through the nose. It is important to inhale as loudly as possible;
- Exhale through the mouth. It is important to completely empty the lungs from the air;
- Breath holding. With a delay, slightly tilt your head forward and begin to gradually retract the abdomen.
Before starting respiratory therapy, the following preparations should be made:
- Measure the gap from a regular exhalation to the desire to inhale with your nose. Time – 60 seconds;
- Measure your heart rate while still. Norm – up to 60 beats per minute;
- Sit on a chair, straighten your back;
- Relax and start breathing slowly. Small breaths should lead to a feeling of lack of air;
- Gradually take deeper breaths while controlling your lungs.
In order to get the greatest effect from breathing exercises, you should:
- Perform on an empty stomach or 2 hours after eating;
- Start with the easiest exercises with a gradual increase in load;
- Train in a well-ventilated area;
- Choose comfortable, non-squeezing clothes;
- Exclude all irritants and not be distracted during classes;
- Breathe slowly. Only in this case the lungs will be filled with oxygen as much as possible;
- If you feel unwell, stop exercising;
- Mild dizziness is allowed;
- Full concentration on your feelings.
Exercise: mouth breathing
Breathing to lose belly through the mouth stimulates hormones to combat stress, and this preserves the integrity of the nervous and immune systems. Feeling the slightest tension, you should take about 20 deep breaths and the condition gradually normalizes.
Exercise: Flying Belly Lock
The bottom line is to give the transverse muscle elasticity. It is necessary to draw in the stomach as much as possible, while releasing all the air from the lungs through the mouth and hold your breath. Perform daily for 10 minutes and after a few weeks the muscle will tighten and waist volume will decrease.
Also, this exercise will relieve back pain and relieve stress from the lower back.
Exercise: Belly Breathing
This technique consists in the fact that on inhalation, the stomach is filled with air and rounded, and on exhalation it falls and releases air from the lungs. This is done smoothly, without jerking. To get a better feel for the exercise, put your hands on your stomach.
For maximum effectiveness, this technique should be performed throughout the day. This method is able to relieve stress, relax, help focus on the important. Also, performing this exercise, a useful massage of the internal organs of the abdominal cavity occurs.
Exercise: Stimulating Breath
Respiratory function is regulated by the medulla oblongata, which is a center whose activity depends on the amount of carbon dioxide in the blood. Stimulating breathing involves the excitation of this center, increasing the frequency and depth of breathing using pharmacological stimulants.
After the introduction of such drugs, one should slowly but not deeply breathe for 10 minutes until the pulse returns to normal.
Exercise: Skull Radiance
Thanks to the exercise, mental activity comes in tone, the volume of the lungs increases. The radiance of the skull activates the spleen, pancreas and liver, strengthens the muscles of the abdominal cavity. The digestive system also works better, eye irritation disappears and the whole body is alert.
- The back is motionless;
- To lower the head;
- Slowly take a breath;
- Make a quick exhale;
- Hold the breath;
- Do 10 cycles.
Exercise: Deep breathing
Deep breathing for weight loss of the abdomen consists in a strong retraction of the abdomen and maximum protrusion. You can exercise while standing, sitting, lying in any convenient place and time. To relax and normalize the nervous system, it is enough to do the exercise 30-50 times a day.
It is recommended to perform this technique before deep relaxation, with nervous exhaustion and to normalize the general condition of the body.
Exercise: diaphragm breathing
The diaphragm is located between the abdominal and pectoral muscles. When you inhale, she tenses up, and her stomach relaxes.
The execution technique is as follows:
- Lie down, bend your legs, relax all muscles as much as possible;
- Close eyes;
- In order to fully control breathing, put one hand on the chest and the other on the stomach;
- When inhaling, one hand should rise and the other should not move;
- When you inhale – the stomach is inflated, when you exhale – it is deflated. The chest is motionless.
Exercise: Holotropic breathing
The holotropic technique is based on intensive breathing combined with music and certain psychological suggestions. It is often used in psychology and during hypnosis in order to solve individual psychological problems of a person. Holotropic breathing courses last 2 hours for 3-10 days.
The experiences gained from breathing are comparable to active sports or taking drugs. Therefore, you need to use it carefully and only under the supervision of an experienced psychologist. In the absence of a deep problem, breathing benefits in the form of vigor, tone and good mood.
It is important to use proper breathing for abdominal and abdominal training. Muscles constantly need replenishment of oxygen reserves, recharge. Without this, any manipulations with the press or other muscle are equal to 0, since its tissue burns calories and excess fat only if it is saturated with oxygen.
During training, proper breathing is as follows: when the muscles are as tense as possible during exhalation, exhalation is made, and during relaxation, inhalation is taken.
The correct breathing technique for rapid weight loss of the abdomen simplifies any exercise and reduces the strength after it is performed. Diligence and endurance during training the press are very much appreciated, but without the right breathing they will not lead to the desired result. Press training should be done 3 times a week.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
Morning exercises for those over 40, 50. Gym exercises for weight loss, video tutorials.
Types of breathing practices
Respiratory practices, which are used including for weight loss, are of the following types:
- Body flex;
- Methodology Strelnikova;
- Tai chi;
- Lobanova Systems;
- Mueller system;
- Buteyko method;
- Bulanov method;
- Frolov’s method.
The essence of the system is to learn how to breathe in 5 stages. Classes are held on an empty stomach, ideally in the morning before breakfast.
The meaning of this technique is as follows:
- all air is exhaled as much as possible through the mouth;
- then inhaled through the nose in the greatest quantity;
- the stomach is filled with air;
- the mouth is wide open;
- all air is exhaled from the diaphragm.
It is important to ensure that inspirations are made only through the nose, and exhalations through the mouth.
The minimum number of breaths in one session is 50 times. This practice will be most effective in conjunction with muscle stretching exercises. With such deep breathing, oxygen penetrates the blood, is distributed throughout the body, enters the fat cell and burns it.
During retraction of the abdomen, the muscles of the stomach also train, which leads to a narrowing of the organ in size, and, consequently, to lesser hunger. The portions are reduced, and the figure becomes slimmer. The whole complex takes about 20 minutes, and the first visible results are visible after a week of classes.
The most famous and effective exercises:
- Lev . Trains the area around the mouth and under the eyes, face and neck. The legs are wider than the shoulders, slightly bent at the knees, buttocks laid back. Palms on your knees. Breathe, then bring the lips into a circle, and look up, linger in a pose for 10 seconds and inhale. Make 5 repetitions.
- Side stretch . Trains the sides and waist. Pose as in exercise “Leo.” Then you need to lower the left hand to the elbow, and the right to pull up above the ear to feel lateral tension. Breath. Hold for 10 seconds, exhale. Do 3 reps on each side.
- Leading the legs back . Trains the buttocks and the back of the thigh. Get on your knees and elbows. Pull one leg back. Breath. Hold for 10 seconds. Do 3 repetitions per leg.
Qigong exercises came to us from China. They are based on the practice of breathing with the involvement of human energy centers. The technique makes it possible to strengthen energy and feel vigor in the whole body.
The action of the technique not only on the whole organism, but also on its local zones: for weight loss, elimination of back pain.
- Dancing snake . Stand straight, identify hands behind your head. Bend your knees in a circle in one direction and the other. Do half a circle on inhalation, half a circle on slow exhale. Do it 5 times.
Flying dragon . Stand straight, legs slightly apart. On inspiration, round your back and raise y
our elbows. As you exhale, take your elbows and shoulders away. Do 10 times.
- Crane emerging from the lake . Stand straight, legs slightly apart. On inspiration, pull the leg to you and take it to the side, lower it on the exhale. Do it 5 times.
Gymnastics consists of a quick and sharp breath through the nose, which is beneficial to the chest. Initially, the technique was used to voice the singers, but over time it entered into constant medical practice.
A sharp breath and a silent exhalation is combined with different movements:
Neck twists . Stand straight, turn right, take a sharp breath in through your nose, exhale silently through your mouth, repeat to the left side. Do 12 times.
Hug your shoulders . Stand straight, bend your arms and raise to shoulder level. Then abruptly need to weave hands, as if hugging himself and at the same time take a breath. Then exhale smoothly. Do 10 times.
Methodology from Pam Groot
This technique is aimed at losing weight without exhausting diets, as it is able to start metabolism, saving the body from extra pounds. In total, there are about 30 exercises that the author calls cocktails.
The most effective “Queen of the Beach”:
- Loudly deliver any motivating speech;
- Slowly but deeply inhale the stomach through the nose, counting to 4;
- To hold air on 16 accounts;
The technique, which allows to reduce weight by 7 pounds and get rid of cellulite, significantly increases the amount of oxygen in the body and improves the condition of the body.
Respiration: sharp inhalation through the nose, exhale through the mouth:
- Get up straight, legs apart, tighten the buttocks tightly, crouch, inhale, tighten the stomach strongly;
- To stand upright, legs apart, raise your right hand up, inhale and pull up strongly;
- Similar to the previous exercise, but with a raised left hand.
The technique of Marina Korpan
Breathing is performed on an empty stomach, which stimulates metabolic processes and entails the burning of subcutaneous fat.
The technique of Marina Korpan combines the basic techniques of Bodyflex and Oxisize.
The author recommends doing her complex for 30 minutes daily, without missing a single day. In addition to the main training, it is recommended to breathe during the day twice for 5 minutes. Do exercises should be in the morning or 2 hours before a meal.
The bottom line is a powerful exhale. Pranayama says that without a strong exhalation there can be no strong breath. The technique has a tonic effect on the body, relieves the common cold, cleanses the lungs, strengthens the stomach and liver.
- Lie on the floor, legs together, arms to the sides. On inspiration, raise your hands and slowly lower them behind your head. On exhalation, return to its original position. Perform for 60 seconds;
- Position too. On inspiration, raise your leg, on exhalation, lower. Repeat for 60 seconds;
- Sit on a chair with a flat back, take a breath, stretch your neck, raise your chin, and breathe out with your nose. Continue for 2 minutes.
Promotes rapid weight loss, which persists for many years. Also, the technique improves health, relieves fatigue and speeds up metabolism.
The exercises are as follows:
- The wave . Lie on your back, legs bent, put one palm on the chest and the other on the stomach. Inhale, draw in the stomach, while exhaling, inflate the stomach. Repeat 40 times.
- Frog. Sit on a chair, legs at shoulder level, squeeze the left hand into a fist, and grasp the fist with the right palm. Inhale through the nose, redistributing air into the stomach, then exhale evenly, freeze for a couple of seconds. Repeat 30 times.
It is convenient to perform any of the above methods at home, since such exercises have a number of advantages:
- Lack of additional equipment;
- Convenient time for classes;
- Complete relaxation and focus on the process;
- Hunger reduction without additional drugs;
- Free fat burning;
- Body cleansing;
- The absence of strangers during a loud exhalation.
Fresh air stimulates a greater penetration of oxygen into the body. For outdoor exercises, standing or lying exercises, but with a rug, are suitable.
Useful for outdoor activities techniques:
- Body flex;
In the gym it is convenient to do exercises that require a lying position or with the involvement of a trainer.
Techniques recommended for the hall:
- Marina Korpan.
Slimming breathing simulator
Exercise machines for breathing are special devices that stabilize the state of the body after diseases. They are used in all areas of medicine. When choosing a simulator, you need to consult a doctor, depending on which zones should be directed.
Exercises for women after 50 years
Many women after 50 years old are faced with the problem of rapid weight gain and the inability to lose weight through sports. Breathing exercises help to trigger oxygen processes in the body, which will lead to the desired result.
The best and most relevant exercises are those that are aimed not only at eliminating excess pounds, but also at strengthening and tightening the muscles of the face, neck, chin, and decollete.
Best practices are:
- The technique of Marina Korpan;
- Body flex;
Contraindications to breathing exercises
However, breathing techniques have a number of contraindications, which include:
- Internal bleeding;
- Poor general condition;
- Chronic pathology.
Reviews of specialists
According to the trainers of bodyflex, Pranayama and other techniques, breathing techniques:
- Actual for women after 50 years who have long come to terms with the fact that they can no longer look attractive. Having overcome laziness and seeing the first results, they can no longer imagine their life without breathing exercises, which also improve their general health;
- Suitable for young girls seeking to look slimmer and get rid of problems with the skin of the face and orange peel;
- They will help to overcome the smoking habit, since with the beginning of training, harmful substances are accumulated from the body, accumulated over years of smoking and an improper lifestyle, which is accompanied by intense coughing. In the future, these manifestations disappear, and the condition of the skin and health improves.
Respiratory gymnastics can not only improve the appearance, but locally heal the disturbing organs, as well as relieve stress and give vitality after daily routine cares. Respiration is effective for losing weight in the abdomen and improving the health, appearance of the skin of the face and body.
Video: abdominal slimming breath
Breathing for losing weight in the abdomen, see the video clip:
Exercise “Vacuum” is the best way for a flat stomach: