Botox (Botex) is a drug used as an injection in aesthetic cosmetology mainly to eliminate facial wrinkles. The composition of the product includes a purified and weakened neurotoxin, which acts on the layers of the epidermis, smoothing the skin.
Photos before and after cosmetic procedures using botox, as well as reviews indicate the high effectiveness of the product. When injecting, there are a number of rules and contraindications, which should be familiarized with before the sessions.
- What is the essence and cost of Botox rejuvenation procedures
- What age is Botox suitable for
- Consequences and side effects
- The mechanism of action of the drug
- Botox injection to the forehead against wrinkles
- Botox injections around the eyes from wrinkles
- In the nasolabial folds
- Botox Lip Enlargement
- In the armpits
- What can not be done after the procedure
- What is allowed after injection
- After how long is the result noticeable
- How long will the effect last
- Procedure Efficiency
- Botox Video
What is the essence and cost of Botox rejuvenation procedures
Initially, the concept of the drug was developed for medical purposes. Botox causes relaxation of muscle tissue, characterized by the elimination of spasm.
The tool was actively used in ophthalmology for the treatment of strabismus and in neurology to eliminate local muscle hyperactivity. Later, the drug found application in cosmetology to eliminate signs of aging and treat hyperhidrosis (excessive sweating).
The procedure with botulinum neurotoxin is performed by a certified cosmetologist who has undergone appropriate education and practical training.
The drug is administered in small doses with a thin needle subcutaneously. After the introduction, the hyperactivity of the facial muscles is neutralized, the movement of muscle tissue is localized and, as a result, smoothes expression and age wrinkles.
The cost of injection rejuvenation procedures depends on the areas of use. So, the elimination of wrinkles in the corners of the eyes, or “crow’s feet”, as well as areas of the eyebrow folds, varies between $ 82 – $ 95. Rejuvenation of the frontal part of the face and oval correction – from $ 95 – $ 136. Botox treatment of hyperhidrosis costs from $ 408.
Do not miss the most popular heading:
Hyaluronic acid in tablets. Benefits, how to take, reviews of doctors and effectiveness.
What age is Botox suitable for
Botex Anti Wrinkle is approved by the FDA’s worldwide regulatory authority. Photos before and after, as well as reviews after the procedures prove the effectiveness of its use. The injection corrector is approved for use at the age of 18 to 70 years.
The optimal age at which you can resort to the help of beauty injections is 35-40 years , when the skin becomes thinner, loses elasticity, the activity of excretion of substances that support turgor is reduced.
The decision is made individually, based on the characteristics of the skin type, heredity, lifestyle and the influence of external negative factors. The use of Botox after the age of 30 years helps to slow down the aging process, is an effective prevention of wrinkles. When conducting primary rejuvenation at the age of 55-60 years, the risk of side effects increases.
Indications for use are age-related changes, sagging (ptosis), the formation of facial wrinkles.
But before using botulinum toxin injections, you need to collect a complete medical history.
And exclude a number of absolute and relative contraindications:
- Hypersensitivity to botulinum toxins A, intolerance to the drug.
- Blood diseases, poor coagulability, signs of hemophilia, any hemolytic pathology and anemia.
- Pathologies of the neuromuscular system, muscle weakness and fatigue.
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease.
- Somatic diseases in severe form.
- Serious endocrine disorders.
- Pregnancy and lactation.
- Skin diseases, wounds at injection sites.
- Infectious and respiratory diseases in acute form.
- Carrying out deep peeling, polishing the face.
- Recent surgery.
- Reception of antibiotics, anticoagulants, potent painkillers, antiplatelet agents, nootropic drugs and tranquilizers.
With the introduction of a drug based on botulinum toxins A subcutaneously into muscle tissue, the patient does not experience pain. The injections are painless, the sensation can be compared to a mosquito bite.
Even owners of especially sensitive skin should not be afraid of severe pain with the introduction of Botox, since the injection sites before the session are disinfected with an antiseptic and treated with a local anesthetic (cream, gel, ice).
Consequences and side effects
Botex for wrinkles is popular, before and after photos, as well as patient reviews indicate the effectiveness of injections. In most cases, the procedures are painless and without any special negative consequences. But it is worth considering the fact that the human body can ambiguously respond to the introduction of the drug, and this is not directly related to its composition.
Negative consequences and side effects occur if the patient or the cosmetologist did not take into account contraindications, the administration technique and sterility were not observed, the dose was incorrectly calculated or the injection site was chosen. Sometimes, even with all the rules, the body ambiguously reacts to Botox.
Side effects that can occur for various reasons:
- headaches of varying intensity, nausea;
- the appearance of creases on the face (in the forehead, under the eyes);
- ptosis of the eyelids and eyebrows, swelling;
- allergic reactions;
- a feeling of numbness, pain in the areas of drug administration;
- the formation of small seals;
- diplopia (double vision);
- violation of the mobility of individual sections;
- the formation of bruises, small bruises.
The most complex and long-term negative side effect that may result from an unskilled procedure is the uneven distribution of the toxin.
Hyper correction or overdose causes asymmetry of the face, which can be corrected after 3-5 months, when part of the drug is excreted from the body.
The mechanism of action of the drug
Self-administration of Botox is strongly discouraged. The procedure is performed by a qualified specialist who, after history, will calculate the optimal dosage and determine the injection site. Before introducing the drug into muscle tissue, it is important to assess the condition of the skin tissue in the treatment areas, especially facial expressions, in order to exclude the effect of immobility after the session.
The principle of action of the botulinum toxin A consists in the local blocking of the release of acetylcholine, which sets the muscle in motion. As a result, a violation of the nerve impulse occurs, activity slows down, the muscle does not contract, as a result of which the skin in this area remains smooth.
The botulinum toxin molecule, getting into the tissue, affects the end of the motor nerve, after which it is absorbed, and the muscle relaxes. The
amplitude of movement decreases in the first few hours after the drug, however, the final effect of the introduction of the substance occurs within 1-3 days.
Botox injection to the forehead against wrinkles
Wrinkles in the frontal part of the face are noticeable. Furrows can be located vertically or horizontally to cross the frontal zone. Injections with Botox will help get rid of an unaesthetic cosmetic problem. An important point: 2 days before the drug is administered, it is necessary to stop taking antibiotics and give up alcohol.
The procedure for botulinum toxin therapy to eliminate frontal wrinkles is performed according to the following algorithm:
- The area is treated with a disinfectant.
- The degree and depth of facial wrinkles is estimated. To do this, it is necessary to strain and relax the zone.
- After the assessment, the cosmetologist will outline the areas of Botox administration with a marker or a solution of brilliant green. The point from the superciliary arch is not lower than 0’8 inch.
- A cream or anesthetic gel is applied to the injection zones to relieve possible painful sensations at the time of injection.
- With the thinnest needle at an angle of 45 or 90 degrees, the drug is slowly injected subcutaneously, the injection depth is approximately 9/32 inch.
After the session, a light massage of the zone is carried out, which prevents the formation of hematomas and seals. The patient is under the supervision of a specialist during the first hour after the procedure.
Botox injections around the eyes from wrinkles
Boteks against wrinkles around the eyes can increase turgor, eliminate crow’s feet, bags under the eyes, expression lines. The effectiveness of the procedures is visible in the photo before and after, the reviews are positive.
Cramps around the eyes can form for various reasons: a genetic predisposition, frequent stress, smoking and alcohol abuse, and negative effects on the sensitive epidermis. Botox acts on the circular muscle locally, paralyzing its work and thereby reducing the load. As a result, the skin in the injection area is smoothed.
Stages of carrying out:
- History taking. The doctor conducts a conversation with the patient. If a specialist doubts the state of health, the patient will be recommended diagnosis.
- Conducting electromyography. The pads of the special apparatus are located in the processing zone, a weak electrical impulse is supplied to detect the functioning of the facial muscles.
- Markup. With a marker or cosmetic pencil, the specialist outlines the points of entry of the drug. The main zone is located in the temporal zone at a distance of 0’4 inch from the outer corner of the eye.
- The targeted area is treated with an antiseptic and anesthetic. The Botox solution is injected at the designated points with a thin short needle.
- After the procedure, the skin is re-treated with an antiseptic, cooled with ice.
The patient’s card must contain data on the administered drug, number and lot, as well as the expiration date. The number of units is determined individually. Depending on the severity of wrinkles, facial expressions and the condition of the tissues, an average of 5 to 16 units is recommended.
In the nasolabial folds
The introduction of Botox into the nasolabial area to eliminate creases and wrinkles is carried out as follows:
- A preliminary conversation is conducted, identification of contraindications, as well as examination to determine the facial features of the nasolabial zone.
- Marking is carried out, injection sites are determined. The drug will not be injected into the folds, but at the points that are responsible for muscle contraction in this area.
- After disinfection and anesthesia of the zone, the drug is slowly injected with a thin needle. A light massage is performed to prevent bruising and redness.
It should be noted that in this case the most effective integrated approach. One way is to combine Botox with fillers based on hyaluronic acid. Working in tandem, fillers fill in wrinkles, restore tissue to its original volume, and Botox blocks muscle contraction and the formation of creases.
Botox Lip Enlargement
Botulinum toxin therapy allows you to smooth out small wrinkles in the lips, restore the lost volume, and correct the disproportionality and asymmetry of the contours. Not everyone knows that a drug based on botulism A neurotoxins A does not have the property of lip augmentation.
The main function of the drug is to block muscle contractions, relax them, smoothing and thereby correcting a fine network of wrinkles . To raise the corners, correct asymmetry, a neurotoxin is introduced into the muscular area.
And to increase the volume, Botox is introduced in combination with synthetic fillers – hyaluronic acid and other cosmetic fillers. Injections are performed on an outpatient basis, the procedure itself is painless, and the whole process takes no more than 50 minutes.
- A specialist consults, identifies contraindications, examines the area. If there are pustular rashes or herpes in the acute stage, wait for the wounds to heal.
- Before the introduction of drugs, the skin is disinfected with an antiseptic, injection points are marked.
- With the thinnest needle, the drug is injected into the internal tissues, the distance between the injections is no more than 3/32 – 4/32 inch.
After the session, a cooling compress is applied to the injection area. The effect of beautiful volume lips after the introduction of a cosmetic cocktail with Botox and hyaluronic acid lasts from 6-12 months, after which the procedure can be repeated.
In the armpits
Botex is used not only for wrinkles, but also in the treatment of hyperhidrosis (photos before and after are shown in more detail). Reviews of patients who received Botox therapy indicate the effectiveness of the drug in the fight against increased sweating.
Stages of carrying out:
- 2-3 days before the session, remove hair in the armpit by depilation.
- The day before the procedure, exclude physical activity, taking medications, alcohol.
- Immediately before the session, the cosmetologist consults and determines the degree of hyperhidrosis by conducting a Minor test. The dosage and the area of administration of the drug depend on this.
- The site is treated with an antiseptic, with increased sensitivity it is anesthetized with gel or cream.
- Botulinum toxin is slowly injected intradermally at the designated points with a thin needle to a depth of 4/32 inch.
Injections should be carried out only after the complete evaporation of alcohol from the surface of the skin, as it helps to neutralize Botox.
What can not be done after the procedure
After injections of beauty in the frontal, nasolabial, axillary zone, correction of wrinkles around the eyes and lip augmentation is not recommended:
- Conduct manual or hardware massages, myostimulation procedures and microcurrent therapy.
- After a botulinum toxin therapy session, for 1-2 weeks, exclude the use of tetracycline antibiotics, analgesics, and blood-thinning drugs.
- It is advisable to exclude ginseng, vitamin E, ginger and garlic from the diet. They can provoke the formation of hematomas.
- Within 1 week after therapy, it is recommended to refrain from air travel, physical activity.
- The first 2 days to visit tanning salons, a sauna, exclude being in the open sun, take a hot shower, blow dry your hair with a hot air dryer.
- Touch the treated areas with your hands, massage, tilt your head down. This can lead to an uneven distribution of Botox.
What is allowed after injection
A few days after the injection, life enters into its usual course. After Botox, the following is permitted:
- Perform biorevitalization procedures, even on the day of Botox administration.
- Conduct cosmetic peels, masks, but not earlier than 24 hours after injection.
- After 1 week, you can begin physical activity, but subject to a gradual increase in load. After 3-4 weeks, training can be carried out in the most intensive mode.
- If necessary, take antibiotics after 14 days.
- From 10 days after botulinum toxin therapy it is allowed to use a hot hairdryer and take baths.
After how long is the result noticeable
The first visible result is noticeable immediately after injection, but Botox gains full strength on day 3 after oral administration. Botox activity reaches a peak 10-14 days after the session, it all depends on the individual perception of the drug by the body. The exact time also depends on the treatment area, the depth of administration and dosage.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
Plasma lifting face – what it is, how it is carried out, results, photos before and after the procedure.
How long will the effect last
Botex from wrinkles and against hyperhidrosis is effective, as evidenced by photos before and after, as well as patient reviews. Following the first procedure, the effect can last from 6 months, but after a while the muscles recover their activity.
In order to fix and extend the result, it is recommended that a second session after 6-12 months. After 3-5 courses, the duration of the effect is gradually prolonged, becoming more stable.
Neurotoxin is particularly effective in the following areas:
- frontal part of the face;
- nasolabial area;
- eye area
- interbrow area;
- periglottic zone.
The effectiveness of the procedure and the introduction of the drug requires a strict determination of the injection points and compliance with the technique, without deviating by a inch of the desired facial muscle.
Botex from age and expression wrinkles (before and after photos, reviews can be found on special forums) is an effective procedure, but requires high qualification and experience of a cosmetologist.
Injection technique is absolutely safe when observing the technique, the correct calculation of units and a detailed history.
Botex wrinkle removal:
My first botox: