Since ancient times, women have used natural products to maintain the beauty and youth of the skin. One such product is blue clay. Its useful properties are taken into account when creating masks, compresses and wraps for the face and body. Blue clay is considered universal, as it is suitable for almost every skin type and does not cause allergies.
- Features of blue clay in cosmetology
- The uniqueness of the composition of blue clay
- Blue clay storage
- The chemical composition of blue clay
- Useful properties of blue clay in cosmetology
- For women
- For men
- For children
- Contraindications to the use of blue clay in cosmetology
- Blue clay cosmetics
- Face mask Agafya’s Bathhouse with blue clay
- Levran Cleansing Gel with Blue Clay
- Sugar scrub Nature House with white and blue clay
- Cosmetic clay Goat Dereza for body, hair and face
- Ways to use blue clay in cosmetology
- From freckles and age spots
- Anti-aging mask
- Mask for oily skin
- Soothing mask
- Nourishing mask
- Exfoliating mask
- Healing mask
- Cleansing mask
- Leveling mask
- Antibacterial mask
- Acne Scrub Mask
- Hair Growth Mask
- Mask for hair loss
- Dandruff mask
- Body mask
- Sugar scrub
- Salt scrub
- Hot wrap
- Cold wrap
- Hand mask
- Mask for legs
- Video about the benefits of blue clay
Features of blue clay in cosmetology
Blue clay for the face , whose properties are used in cosmetology, is used for various purposes. It is taken orally, masks are made for the face and body, used for compresses, body wraps and bathtubs.
Mineral substance has many healing properties:
Cambrian clay is used for such indications:
- eczema, dermatitis, psoriasis;
- acne, acne, acne;
- seborrhea, dandruff, oily scalp;
- deterioration of the skin of various etymologies;
- age-related changes;
- dull complexion;
- cellulite, stretch marks;
- excessive production of sebum;
- black spots;
- wounds and abscesses on the skin.
The uniqueness of the composition of blue clay
Blue clay for the face, the properties of which have been known since ancient times, is a finely dispersed rock of sedimentary layers. In dry form it is a powder, and when moistened it becomes elastic. When added to water, clay does not dissolve, but settles to the bottom of the tank.
Blue clay is also called Cambrian, as it is mined on the eponymous layer of the American geological platform. Previously, this area was an ancient sea, where blue silts were contained, so the rocks of this are called blue. This color is given to the mineral by the natural dye copper chlorophyllin.
Blue clay was used in ancient Egypt to embalm bodies. mention of the mineral is in the notes of Aristotle, Confucius, Galen. its healing properties were described by Avizzen in the “Canon of Medicine” and Pliny in “Natural History”.
Louis XVI used blue clay for stomach pain. In USA, with the help of a breed, the body was cleaned of poisons, and during the time of Tsarist USA it was sold expensively abroad. In the nineteenth century. in Chernihiv and near Petersburg there were hospitals where they treated with blue clay. Well-known doctors wrote about clay treatment – S.P. Botkin and German professor Schrumpf.
Blue clay storage
To preserve the beneficial properties of blue clay, it must be placed in a clean glass or ceramic container. The powder substance is poured into a dry container with a sealed lid. In this form, clay is left both in the open sun and in a cool place.
Wet mineral is lightly covered with a cloth or lid to allow air to enter. Keep a container of creamy clay in the refrigerator, not forgetting to periodically moisten it with a small amount of water.
The chemical composition of blue clay
Substances in the composition of blue clay affect its color and various properties. The content of the components depends on the place of rock production and soil characteristics of the. Dark blue clay is rich in natural radiance, and light clay has kaolin impurities. The older the clay, the more saturated components are in it.
Blue clay contains oxide and titanium dioxide. These substances protect the skin from the harmful effects of solar radiation and effectively remove dead skin particles. Also, clay contains kelp extract, which restores the tone of the epidermis.
Natural clay is present in blue clay:
Useful properties of blue clay in cosmetology
Blue clay for the face, whose properties are valued in medicine – is a natural mineral that is used for health and beauty.
- smoothes wrinkles;
- increases skin tone;
- struggling with stretch marks;
- stimulates cell metabolism;
- strengthens hair roots;
- gives ringlets shine and volume;
- eliminates dandruff;
- opens and cleanses pores;
- accelerates the regeneration of damaged tissues;
- regulates the production of sebum;
- kills bacteria;
- relieves swelling;
- narrows the enlarged pores;
- smoothes scars and scars;
- treats inflammation;
- helps to cope with the fungus;
- relieves pain;
- removes toxins from the body.
Blue clay for the face, whose properties help women’s health, is used to create homemade cosmetics. Various face masks, compresses and lotions for the body are made from the mineral. The powder relieves stretch marks and relieves menstrual pain.
Blue clay for women is used in case of such diseases:
- irregular cycle;
- prolapse of the uterus.
During pregnancy, blue clay is taken 1 teaspoons. after eating to get rid of nausea and toxicosis. When breastfeeding, clay wraps are made to tighten the skin and smooth the striae. It is useful to take baths with a mineral and make compresses on the lower abdomen. This prevents stretch marks and removes tone. It is also not forbidden to apply masks for facial beauty.
Members of the stronger sex use blue clay to restore sexual function and relieve swelling from the organs of the reproductive system.
For this, 1 teaspoons. The mineral is diluted in 8,45 fluid ounce of water and consumed daily. Clay water intake helps with adenoma and prostatitis – 2 teaspoons. powder per 6,76 fluid ounce of purified water. The complex prescribes lotions with blue clay on the lower abdomen and mineral baths every other day.
To relieve muscle cramps, relax and gently cleanse the skin, children are recommended to take clay baths from birth. For this, 1 tablespoon. the powder is diluted in warm water. The duration of the procedure is 10-15 minutes. twice a week.
Inside, clay is taken as an absorbent and anti-inflammatory agent. For this, 1 teaspoons. The mineral is diluted in 6,76 fluid ounce of water and drunk 2-3 times a week. Such an infusion is used to wash the eyes with conjunctivitis. Water is insisted until the mineral particles are completely sedimented, after which the clean liquid is gently pulled with a syringe.
The amount of mixture depends on the age of the child:
- 6 months-1 year – 1,69 fluid ounce;
- 1-3 years – 3,38 fluid ounce;
- older than 3 years – 5,07 fluid ounce.
It is important to consider that blue clay for the treatment and prevention of disease can be taken only with the permission of the pediatrician.
Contraindications to the use of blue clay in cosmetology
Despite the many beneficial properties, blue clay should be used only according to indications, focusing on the state of health.
Blue clay is used with caution in diseases of the kidneys and liver. Refrain from using the product is necessary for people with sensitive skin type.
Do not use the powder for diseases such as:
- open form of tuberculosis;
- inflammatory processes in the acute phase;
- eye diseases;
- hearing diseases;
- diseases of the circulatory system;
- inflammation of the female genital organs;
- heart failure;
- diseases of the cardiovascular system.
Blue clay cosmetics
Blue clay is the basis of cosmetics for the body and face, which can be found on store shelves. Manufacturers supplement the mineral with other components with beneficial properties that fight skin problems.
Face mask Agafya’s Bathhouse with blue clay
The mask is available in a doy pack package in an amount of 3,38 fluid ounce.
Cambrian clay with cornflower extract cleans and tightens pores, makes it dull. Designed for oily skin. Such a mask should be done no more than once every 7-10 days. Price – $ 0,95 – $ 1,4.
Levran Cleansing Gel with Blue Clay
6,76 fluid ounce face gel contains extracts of lavender, sea buckthorn and rosemary. The product has a neutral pH and therefore can be used in the morning and evening. The cost of the product is $ 4 – $ 5.
Plant components have a beneficial effect on the epidermis:
- gently cleaned;
- I regulate the production of sebum;
- relieve irritation.
Sugar scrub Nature House with white and blue clay
Body scrub is sold in containers of 300 and 400 g. The product contains sugar, blue and white clay, as well as natural fatty oils. The product smoothes the skin, eliminates cellulite, retains moisture. Scrub particles gently massage and cleanse the epidermis. Jojoba, olive and burdock oils nourish and smooth the skin. Price – $ 5 – $ 5.
Cosmetic clay Goat Dereza for body, hair and face
The product is available in 5,92 fluid ounce containers. The product has a dark gray-blue color and a thick consistency. Blue clay in combination with goat milk perfectly cleanses and moisturizes the skin of the face and body. Natural extracts of thyme, wormwood and almond nourish the epidermis and saturate it with useful components.
After applying the mask, the acne is clarified, the hair becomes thicker and denser, and the cellulite dimples are smoothed out. Cost – $ 2 – $ 3.
Ways to use blue clay in cosmetology
Blue clay is actively used in cos
metology. On its basis, homemade masks, mixtures for wraps and compresses are prepared. Blue clay replaces shampoo, and is also added to masks for hair growth. For the preparation of cosmetics use only wooden, glass and ceramic dishes. Plastic and silicone containers are also suitable.
Clay should not come into contact with the metal, since the components of the mask may deteriorate during the oxidation reaction. To mix the ingredients is a plastic or wooden spoon.
Before you make a mask, you need to steam your face. This is done over a container with a hot decoction of herbs. You can also make a compress with a warm towel or wash with hot water. This procedure will help expand the pores and allow beneficial substances to penetrate into the deeper layers of the epidermis.
Apply the product with fingers or a brush along the massage lines of the face. After applying the mask, you need to take a horizontal position and relax. It is advisable not to make active movements with the face so that the composition does not crack. It is important not to wait for the mask to dry, but to moisturize your face with thermal or mineral water from a spray bottle.
Depending on the components in the composition, the mask can withstand from 5 to 25 minutes. Wash off the product with a cotton pad or cotton towel soaked in warm water.
From freckles and age spots
Such a mask brightens not only freckles, but also post-acne, scars and scars:
- Combine 30 g of badiagi powder with 40 g of Cambrian clay.
- Dilute the composition with hot water and leave for 5 minutes.
- When the mixture has cooled to room temperature, apply its face.
- Soak the product for 10-20 minutes.
The tool reduces the severity of wrinkles, increases the tone of the skin and smoothes bumps:
- Pour 15 g of dry linden blossom with 3,38 fluid ounce of boiling water and leave for 60 minutes.
- Strain the liquid and separate 0,68 fluid ounce of the infusion.
- Add to it 30 g of clay powder and the same amount of liquid honey.
- The mass is applied to the skin and washed off after 20 minutes.
Mask for oily skin
It normalizes the secretion of sebum and removes its excess:
- 30 g of Cambrian clay mixed with 0,85 fluid ounce of cucumber puree.
- Add 10 g of lemon juice and 3 K. lemon essential oil.
- Add 5 g of almond oil to the mass.
- Lubricate the face and hold for 15 minutes.
The composition removes irritation and redness after peeling and scrubs:
- Knead blue clay with hot water until thick.
- Pour into a mixture of 5 to. Lavender oil and 1 small tablespoons of chamomile oil.
- Add 1 large tablespoons of sour cream and mix the ingredients thoroughly.
- Apply the mask to the skin and leave for 15 minutes.
Such a mask is suitable even for dry skin. The components of the product saturate and moisturize the epidermis.
- Beat the egg yolk with 1 tablespoon. l olive oil and 1 small spoonfuls of natural honey.
- Add 1-2 large tablespoons of Cambrian clay to the mixture.
- Stir the mass well so that there are no lumps left.
- The mask is applied to the skin and incubated for 20 minutes.
The product gently removes dead skin particles and nourishes the epidermis:
- 2 large tablespoons of yogurt without additives mixed with the same amount of blue clay.
- Add a little water and 1 small spoonfuls of wheat germ oil.
- Apply on face for 15 minutes.
Helps to heal wounds and regenerates the skin:
- Separate the gel from 1 leaf of aloe vera. To do this, cut off the top layer of the skin and remove the plant gel with a teaspoon.
- Knead the resulting mass and add 15 g of clay powder to it.
- Dilute with water and apply on face.
- Wash off after 15 minutes.
Deeply cleanses the epidermis of excess fat and pushes comedones:
- Punch 20 g of boiled rice with a blender to a puree consistency.
- Pour 20 g of Cambrian clay and dilute with water of density.
- Lubricate the face with a thick layer of mass and hold for 20 minutes.
It is used to eliminate dull complexion and age spots:
- Beat egg white until a firm foam.
- Mix with 0.5 large tablespoons of soda and 1 large tablespoons of clay.
- Dilute the composition of 1 large tablespoons of water.
- Maintain the mixture on the face for 5-10 minutes. and gently remove from skin.
Dries acne and inflammation, disinfects the skin:
- Sift 1 large tablespoons of clay powder and add 1-2 large tablespoons of lime or lemon juice to it.
- Introduce in 1 tablespoon tinctures of calendula flowers.
- If the mixture is too thick, stir with a little water.
- The mask is kept on the face for 5-7 minutes. and washed off with warm water.
Acne Scrub Mask
A hard mass treats acne and reduces traces of healed inflammations:
- Mix 1 large spoonful of ground coffee or coffee grounds with the same amount of Cambrian clay.
- Add a little water and 1-2 K. of clove essential oil to the mixture, and then apply to the skin of the face.
- In 10 minutes. the mask must be washed off.
Clay cleansing shampoo normalizes sebum production, removes oily hair and prevents dandruff.
- 3 tablespoon pure warm water mixed with 3 large tablespoons of apple cider vinegar.
- Add 2 tablespoon of clay to the liquid.
- Apply the product to the hair roots in partings.
- Leave the shampoo for 10 minutes.
- Remove the composition with water, carefully massaging the scalp.
- Apply a moisturizing or nourishing mask to the hair length.
- Wash off the product and rinse the curls in water with a few drops of lemon juice.
- Blot your hair with a towel and grease the ends with a little coconut oil.
Hair Growth Mask
Such a clay mask helps wake dormant bulbs and accelerate the growth of curls:
- 1 small tablespoons of honey mixed with 1 small tablespoons of dry mustard and 1 small tablespoons of clay powder.
- Pour into a mass of 1 yolk and 1 large tablespoons of lemon juice.
- Mix thoroughly and apply curls on the head along the partings.
- Cover your head with a shower cap and then a towel.
- Leave the mask for 40 minutes. and rinse with shampoo.
- Be sure to use hair balm.
Mask for hair loss
The product eliminates hair loss and strengthens hair roots:
- Dilute 5 tablespoon of blue mineral with warm water to a thick consistency.
- Add 10 K. rosemary essential oil and mix well.
- Apply on hair roots and leave for 40 minutes.
- Repeat the procedure 3 times a week. A visible result will appear after 5-6 applications.
The mixture helps prevent dandruff and remove existing crusts:
- Grind 1 clove of garlic in mashed potatoes.
- Combine the garlic mass with 2 large tablespoons of clay and 1 large tablespoons of lemon juice.
- Dilute the composition with water until thick.
- Massage the mask into the scalp.
- Leave the mixture for 20-40 minutes. and remove with water and shampoo.
The product cleanses the skin, tones it and saturates it with nutrients:
- Mix in a container 1 large spoonfuls of olive oil, cucumber juice and honey.
- Pour 6 tablespoon of clay to the resulting liquid.
- If the mass is too thick – you can pour a little purified water.
- Apply the mask to the body and stand for 20 minutes.
- Wash off the product in the shower with a massage mitt.
A body scrub with sugar cleanses the coarse particles of the skin and gives the epidermis smoothness:
- To 3 large tablespoons of sugar add 2 large tablespoons of blue clay and 2 large tablespoons of any fatty oil – almond, shea or coconut.
- Mix the composition with 10 K. ylang-ylang essential oil.
- Apply a scrub to the steamed body and massage every part of it to remove dead skin particles.
- Rinse the body with warm water and wipe dry.
A salt-based cleanser removes toxins, eliminates skin irritation and reduces sweating:
- 50 g of Cambrian clay mixed with 30 g of ground sea salt.
- Add a few drops of essential oils of grapefruit, orange and sage.
- Dilute the composition with water to a mushy state.
- The product is applied with massage movements, carefully massaging the problem areas of the body.
- Wash off the scrub just like a regular cleanser.
This blue clay wrap helps remove toxins and excess fluid:
- Mix 2 large tablespoons of the powder with a pinch of dry red pepper.
- Add water to the ingredients to the consistency of thick sour cream (up to 3,38 fluid ounce of liquid).
- Apply the composition to problem areas of the body.
- Wrap the body with foil and a towel.
- After 1 h, the product is washed off with cold water and lotion is applied to correct the body.
The procedure of cold wrapping eliminates cellulite and brightens stretch marks:
- Pour 2 tablespoon of mint leaves with hot water and leave for 10-15 minutes.
- Strain the liquid and add 3 tablespoon of blue clay to it.
- Apply the mixture to body areas with stretch marks and cellulite.
- Wind these areas in polyethylene and cover with a blanket.
- After 45-60 minutes remove the composition from the skin.
- The course of the procedure is a session every 2 days for 30 days.
The tool heals microscopic wounds, brightens and nourishes the epidermis:
- Beat the yolk in a bowl and add 1 large spoonfuls of the mineral to it.
- Mix the resulting composition with 1 small tablespoons of honey and 1 large tablespoons of squeezed olive.
- Heat the composition to 40-45 C.
- Apply the mask in the palm of your hand and put on plastic gloves.
- Warm gloves should be worn on top to create a greenhouse effect.
- The mask can withstand at least 2 hours, and for the best effect it should be left overnight.
- The mixture is washed off with water and then a hand cream is applied.
- After the procedure, do not wash your hands for 2-3 hours.
Mask for legs
The composition softens the rough skin of the legs, removes salts and eliminates the unpleasant odor:
- Mix 2 large tablespoons of clay, 3,38 fluid ounce of mineral water and 1 small tablespoons of melted or liquid honey.
- Apply the mask to clean skin of the feet and wrap with foil.
- Wrap your legs in warmth.
- After 1 h, rinse with warm water and apply a nourishing cream.
- Repeat once a week for 1 month.
Blue clay is a universal natural remedy that has numerous properties. The mineral restores youthfulness and elasticity to the skin, deeply cleanses and gives a beautiful even color. Using clay will help to cope with body imperfections and gain self-confidence.
Video about the benefits of blue clay
Beautician’s opinion about blue clay: