If you want to give the skin a seductive bronze tint, tanning comes to the rescue. Not among the huge variety, it is so difficult to choose which one is better both in terms of the format of the product and the degree of saturation of the shade.
- What is tanning
- Types of cosmetics for tanning
- Advantages and disadvantages of tanning
- How long is the result
- How to choose the right
- Application Tips
- Saving the result
- Bug fixes
- How to wash off tanning
- Best body tans
- The 5 best facial tanning beds
- Homemade tanning at home
- Recipe 1
- Recipe 2
- Recipe 3
- Reviews about tanning
- Video about which atozagar is better
What is tanning
Tanning operates on the principle of coloring the upper layer of the skin in a dark shade. For this, cosmetics are used, which include dihydroxyacetone (DHA). It is a naturally occurring component derived from sugarcane. When applied to the skin, it reacts with the stratum corneum and causes its gradual darkening.
The speed and manifestation of the shade depends on the concentration of DHA in the product. The higher it is, the darker and faster the final result will be.
As a rule, the first effect can be seen 3-4 hours after application of the product.
When the dead cells of the epidermis exfoliate, the tan starts to subside, as the reaction to the skin stops. DHA does not penetrate deep into the skin, much less absorbed into the blood, therefore the use of self-tanning based on it is a safe procedure.
Types of cosmetics for tanning
In general, tanning can be instant and manifest. The first is bronzant. It acts on the principle of foundation, that is, it contains bronze pigment in its composition. The advantage of such a tool is an instant result. Cons – it is quite difficult to apply evenly throughout the body, the effect before taking a shower, and it also stains clothes.
The second type is an auto bronzant. In its composition, it contains the component described above, creates a gradual effect, and also differs in a result that is as close to natural as possible.
The format of the release of auto-bronzant means is diverse:
- Milk is a relatively liquid product with a melting texture.
- Mousse – has a consistency of foam, which is quickly distributed and absorbed without residue.
- Spray – in texture it is water or a light oil, due to the volatilizing formula it is easy to apply and quickly absorbed.
- Gel – has a light translucent texture, often enriched with moisturizing components.
- Lotion is something in between cream and milk, the texture allows you to apply the product in a thin layer.
- Napkins are saturated with tanning and are used to correct imperfections and quickly resume tanning intensity.
Advantages and disadvantages of tanning
Tanning (which is better, will be discussed below) of the modern generation has the following advantages:
- Shades of different intensities close to natural tanning: from light swarthy flicker to a rich bronze color.
- Availability and safety of use. The components of the product are not absorbed into the blood and do not damage the skin.
- Relatively fast result. The very next day, you can wake up with a light copper tint of the skin, and after the third application, a clear result is noticeable.
- The ability to apply tanning on certain parts of the body, for example, only on the arms and legs.
- With proper use and proper skin care, the skin will shine and look even. The same goes for flushing. If everything is done correctly, then the shade will go off evenly without spots and stains.
Cons of using tanning:
- There is a high probability of uneven distribution of the cosmetic product, which leads to stains and stains. In order to minimize them, careful skin preparation is necessary – peeling and high-quality moisturizing.
- The inability of one to cope with applying self-tanning to the whole body. For the back and back of the arms and legs, another person needs help.
- Short term effect. The longest result lasts up to 7 days.
- Gradual manifestation. For momentary effect, only bronzers are suitable, which are difficult to apply and stain everything around. Other remedies require 1-2 days, or even several applications, for the manifestation of a noticeable effect.
- The risk of staining clothes and bedding, especially with only the product applied. Therefore, it is recommended to use tanning in the morning or afternoon, and then walk in light home clothes.
- Characteristic unpleasant odor. The fragrances that make up the product only partially overlap it.
- Dry skin with prolonged use of funds. Most often they contain alcohol in their composition, therefore, after the “course” of tanning, it is necessary to restore the skin with high-quality moisturizing.
Means for tanning do not harm the skin and do not accelerate the processes of natural aging, but still they have some contraindications:
- too dry and unprepared skin (the shade will not lie beautifully and evenly);
- individual intolerance to individual components of the product (especially natural cosmetics);
- damage to the skin;
- skin diseases;
- use with caution during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
Amaranth oil – properties and applications in cosmetology, reviews, price of funds.
How long is the result
The average duration of the result from tanning is from 3 to 5 days. First of all, it leaves the dry parts of the body – elbows, feet, knees. A frequent shower, which is inevitable in the summer, also speeds up the process of washing off the shade. But in general, the effect depends on the individual characteristics of the skin and the speed of its renewal.
To prolong the result and increase the color intensity, regular skin hydration and periodic application of the product are necessary. But due to the uneven washing off of the shade, the subsequent layers of the tan can lie uneven and stained.
Therefore, after 2-3 uses, it is better to completely wash off the color and repeat the procedure already on clean skin.
How to choose the right
First of all, tanning should suit the shade. In order to choose which remedy is best for a particular girl, you need to know the features of your skin.
If the skin easily tans and quickly acquires a bronze tint, then it will also respond to tanning.
On cosmetics, it is not in vain that there are notes with a shade to which you should pay attention:
“Light”, “Clair” – for owners of light and snow-white skin, which practically does not tan or acquires a pinkish tint. As for hair c
olor, this tanning suit girls with blond and blond hair.
- “Medium”, “Moyenne” – for olive and not too pale skin with a yellow tint. Hair color does not matter, since it is a medium in intensity shade that is great for both blondes and brunettes.
- “Dark”, “Fonce” – only for swarthy girls with contrasting facial features and dark hair.
The result obtained and the persistence of tanning depends not only on the format and quality of the cosmetic product, but also on the correctness of its application.
Following simple rules, you can achieve a beautiful and even shade:
- the day before applying tanning, body depilation is performed;
- if before using tanning on a regular basis there was no care, then for a week it is necessary to apply moisturizers to the skin daily;
- For the first application, you can mix tanning with your favorite moisturizing lotion.
On the day you use tanning, you must:
- Take a shower and use an exfoliating scrub or rough washcloth.
- Then you should apply the usual moisturizer.
- After it is completely absorbed, you can start applying self-tanning: with light and quick movements, you must distribute the product from the bottom up (from the feet to the hips, stomach and decollete – in circular movements, hands – from the hands to the shoulders). As for the back and buttocks, then they need an assistant.
- Knees, ankles, elbows and feet are best treated at the very end. You should start with rough skin, and strive for smooth.
- If there is a glove in the kit or the instructions say that it is necessary, then it is better not to neglect the manufacturer’s recommendation. Then on the hands you need to apply a thin layer of the product.
- Finally, wash your hands thoroughly.
- Within an hour after applying tanning, do not wear light and tight-fitting clothing. Shower can be taken after 6 hours.
For the face, less concentrated products are used, as well as special drops that you can simply add to your day or night cream.
For the first case, it is necessary to adhere to such recommendations:
- Abandon weekly cosmetics with acids.
- On the eve of making a light scrub to remove even the slightest peeling.
- Then follow the instructions. Most often, tanning is applied to a dry face without a moisturizer. The movements are quick and easy. For a uniform result, it is necessary to move from the center of the face to the periphery. For eyebrows and hairline, it is better to distribute the remnants of the product.
- After a few minutes, you can apply your usual care.
- Repeat the procedure daily to obtain the desired result.
Saving the result
Self-tanning (which is better, the results of the table below will show) is a rather capricious remedy, as already within 2-3 days you can notice how the effect disappears.
But there are a few secrets that will extend the result:
- To remove hair, it is better to resort to wax or sugar hair removal. The razor removes the upper layer of the skin, which speeds up the process of washing off tanning.
- For the period of using tanning, it is better to use soft washcloths and peel only 1 time per week.
- It is better to apply self-tanning in the morning and on the day when you don’t need to go anywhere so that you can walk in your clothes for at least one hour. Also, you can not go to bed and sit down.
- It is better to start using tanning with a light shade. Then you can gradually switch to darker colors.
- You need to update the tool every 3-7 days. But if during repeated use it stains, it is better to wait until the product is completely washed off, and use it on clean skin.
- Daily hydration of the skin of the body will slow down the natural exfoliation of the skin.
Stains and stains are signs of an incorrectly applied tan.
There are several ways to fix errors:
- Manufacturers of tanning beds offer special removers that dissolve pigment. Lemon juice is suitable from improvised means, but you need to be careful with it. It can cause an allergic reaction and dry skin.
- After applying the first layer, which went stained, a rough washcloth and coffee scrub will come to the rescue.
- For areas of the skin that turned out to be light, napkins or spray are suitable. They can smooth out borders and add intensity.
- To avoid flaws, beginners should start with the lightest shade or gradually lay on a tanning mixture with their usual body care.
How to wash off tanning
If the color of the tan did not fit, it lay down in spots, it turned out too intense, tired, then it can be washed off.
There are some simple recommendations for this:
- take a bath for 30-40 minutes, after which it is good to usd the body with a washcloth or coffee scrub. If necessary, repeat the procedure the next day;
- after the bath, apply shaving foam on your feet and use a razor;
- dilute lemon juice with water in a ratio of 1: 1 and wipe the skin with the resulting composition, then take a shower again and apply a moisturizer;
- cosmetic clay is suitable for the face, it will thoroughly clean the pores and wash off tanning;
- use a special remover.
Alcohol-containing tonics also do an excellent job of unsuccessful tanning , but they dry the skin too much, so this method should be resorted to only in extreme cases.
Best body tans
Tanning (which is better, can be found in the table) of the modern generation has a wide range, which differs not only in price, but also in texture, as well as in the method of application.
|Tanning||Features of the tool and composition||How to use||
|Toning autobronzant mousse for face and body Moriz||This is a new generation car bronzer that has the texture of airy foam. It allows the product to quickly absorb into the skin and dry.
The active substance is dihydroxyacetone (DHA).
|Shake the bottle properly, and then with the help of a mitten apply foam on the body and face.
After 6-8 hours you can take a shower. Water will wash away the excess tint, and the skin will acquire a uniform golden hue.
|The manufacturer promises the persistence of the effect for 5-10 days.||$ 12,17|
|Auto-tanning milk for face and body from Yves Rocher||It has a light texture of melting milk.
Composed of 94% of ingredients of natural origin, which ensures proper skin care. The substance that gives the effect of tanning is DHA.
|Milk is applied to cleansed skin. Contact with water for 3 hours is not recommended.||Resistance up to 5 days. Also, according to reviews, it can be layered to prolong the effect.||$ 12,92|
|Self-tanning gel “Cool Freshness” L’Oreal Paris Sublime Bronze||The active ingredient DHA is combined with vitamin E, which provides additional skin hydration.
Thanks to the gel texture, the product is quickly applied to the skin, does not leave spots and streaks.
|The product should be applied to cleansed skin daily until the desired effect. Then it can be used to maintain the result 2 times a week.||Due to the gradual manifestation, you can achieve both a light golden skin color, and more saturated.||$ 8,16|
|Self-tanning Milk “Smooth Tan” Garnier Ambre Solaire||The milk has a melting creamy consistency, the composition of which is saturated with DHA pigment and apricot kernel oil.||To achieve the result, the product is applied daily to cleansed skin. Then, to maintain the effect, you can use milk once a week.||The lasting and uniform effect of golden tanning is achieved with moisturizing components and oils.||$ 7,34|
|Self-tanning spray Floresan||It has a convenient spray format, which facilitates the application of the product. The composition is saturated with various oils (soy, coconut, apricot), hyaluronic acid, vitamin E.||The product is sprayed over the body, after which it must be evenly distributed. Contact with water is possible not earlier than after 3 hours.||The manufacturer promises a bronze effect for up to 5 days.||$ 2,18|
The 5 best facial tanning beds
Despite the fact that most tanning beds are universal, nevertheless, it is better to use highly targeted products for the face. They differ in a more delicate and softer effect, and also appear gradually, which allows to achieve the maximum natural result.
|Tanning||Features of the tool and composition||How to use||Result||Cost|
|Clarins Radiance-Plus Golden Glow Booster Face & Neck Concentrate||The product is whey, which contains coloring pigment, vitamin E and herbal moisturizers.||Mix a drop of the product with a small amount of day or night care. Distribute the resulting mixture with quick movements over the face and neck.
Can be used daily.
|After the first application, the skin acquires a light bronze tint, due to which imperfections are masked: post-acne, capillaries, pigmentation.||$ 24.|
|Light tanning spray Gradual Tan H2O Tan Mist Face||A unique product that not only creates an artificial tan, but also cares for the skin of the face. Contains aloe vera extract, rose water and rose oil.||It is necessary to spray the product with a light haze on the face and neck.
To achieve maximum results, you should use the tool on a daily basis, then just update the effect 2-3 times a week.
|The effect of bronze skin will appear 4-6 hours after spraying. According to the manufacturer’s promises, it lasts up to 5 days.
It can also be used on top of makeup, this will provide additional fixation.
|Drops Arga Sun Drops Self-Tanning Fluid Face||A care product that contains DHA, hyaluronic acid and argan oil.||Apply a few drops to the face and neck, and then quickly spread from the center to the periphery, avoiding the eyebrow area and hairline.||The hue appears within a few hours, and the formula itself perfectly moisturizes the skin. This allows you to use the product all year round.||$ 19.|
|Clinique Face Bronzing Gel Tint||A unique product that contains DHA, mica, iron oxide and glucosamine.||It can be used in two ways:
||The gel provides a short-term effect of light tanning, which lasts until the first wash.||$ 16.|
|Gel-bronronzan Lancaste Self Tan Beauty||A concentrate containing free DHA molecules, coconut wat
er, orange extract, as well as antioxidants.
|A small amount of the product must be distributed in a circular motion on the face and neck.||The manufacturer promises a quick effect that can be adjusted with regular use.||$ 27.|
Homemade tanning at home
Tanning (which is better among cosmetics, described above) can be prepared at home. There are a number of products that color the skin and give it a light, natural shade.
The main plus of homemade recipes is the completely natural composition and its freshness, minus the effect is too short-term and minimal.
He will need ground coffee for him. Depending on the area of the skin area, it is necessary to calculate its amount. Then you should pour it with a small amount of boiling water.
The cooled mixture is separated from the thick. The resulting liquid is rubbed on the face and body.
Onion husks are steamed in a hot tub. It is important that the water becomes golden or slightly brown. Then you need to plunge into a warm bathroom and lie in it for 20 minutes. To the face also received the desired shade, it should be wiped several times a day with a cotton pad dipped in broth.
To prepare it, grate medium carrots and add a tablespoon of olive oil to the gruel. The mixture is applied to the face and neck with a thick layer and remains on it for 15-20 minutes. This recipe is suitable for swarthy girls who want to add intensity to their skin tone.
Reviews about tanning
Fans of tanning, who use it on an ongoing basis, note that this is a great opportunity all year to look like they’ve just returned from hot countries. Modern car bronzants are several orders of magnitude higher than those that were 5-7 years ago. They give the skin a natural golden and bronze hue without yellow and orange spots.
Also, most products in the middle price range are easy to apply. Many girls have already bought special gloves, which greatly facilitate the process of distributing the product over the skin and allows you not to get your hands dirty. Negative reviews are associated with products that have a dense texture.
Most often, it is sticky, and does not allow tanning to lie evenly on the skin. Therefore, most girls prefer light products with an average shade intensity.
Tanning is an excellent opportunity to give the body a beautiful bronze tint in just a couple of uses. A wide variety of cosmetic products allows you to choose the best product for the price and quality, choose the optimal texture and shade.
Video about which atozagar is better
Video review of the best tanning beds: