The trendy shade of hair in 2021 is natural ash blond. Fashionistas choose gray color not only for light and medium blond tones, but also choose the right hair color to achieve a beautiful shade in a dark palette.
Ash pale brown color palette
Ash shade of gray. It refers to cold tones. Removes yellowness from the overall color of the hair, gives it naturalness. Ash-blond tones are preferred by women who want to dye their hair in colors close to their natural. In the palettes of most paints, the presence of an ashy shade is marked with the number 1 in the second or third place of the common cipher.
Avon Advance Techniques has 3 ash light brown colors in its assortment:
The largest selection of tones is presented in the LONDA PROFESSIONAL set, where there are amazing combinations of ashen with beige, brown and even copper elements. Colors exist in various light options: light, medium and dark, with a basic color depth of 6 to 12.
Mother of Pearl Blond:
Pure Ash Blondes:
Brown, also referred to as blond:
In all Garnier series there are colors with an ash tint, but the greatest variety is in the Garnier Color Naturals palette, while Garnier Color Shine includes only one shade.
Garnier Olia is represented by two ash blondes and one light brown tone:
Garnier Color Sensation has 3 gray tones:
Garnier Color Naturals is also shown in the form of blond and light brown tones:
FARA Classic has 4 cold blond shades and one blond:
And in the FARA Natural Color series, the priority is given to the ash blonde:
In the Palette cream-paint palette, gray notes in tones are denoted by the capital letter C.
And also quite dark and light brown – C6.
STUDIO 3D Holography presents a small assortment of blond and blond without yellowness:
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
Fashionable hair colors this year. Photos and trends of hairdressing.
How to achieve an ashy shade
Dyeing hair in ashen tones, often there is a problem of uneven color, which lays on the hair completely not as expected.
- a green tint appears;
- possible matte gray – “dirty”;
- yellowness comes out;
- red, red and purple notes are retained.
Therefore, there are rules to achieve the desired cold shade, both in the cabin and at home:
- In the transition from yellow to ash, it is advisable to use paint of the same brand, one manufacturer or a similar composition. For example, if you dye your hair with professional cream paint with ashy notes on top of ammonia for home use, then a green tint will surely appear, which is quite difficult to get rid of. To avoid this, it is worth pre-bleaching the hair with powder.
- Hair dye (ash-blond tone) does not fit well on hair previously dyed with henna or basma. Natural pigments fill the hair structure, surround the natural pigment, preventing other dyes from penetrating the shaft. For staining, henna can be removed from the hair with special procedures, since it is washed very slowly.
- Bright and dark pigments in previously dyed hair can be eliminated using special washing procedures. Such, sometimes repeated preparation, will
provide the basis for subsequent uniform staining of hair with ashen color. It is quite difficult to get rid of red notes in the hair, these pigments are very stable. Therefore, there is always the possibility of their partial presence after staining in cold tones.
- In some cases, it is worth discoloring the hair, and then tinting with the desired cold shade. So you can achieve a complete lack of yellowness, even color and go to lighter tones.
- Do not dilute the paint with high concentration oxidizing agent. The higher the percentage of the content in the oxidizing agent, the more hair is discolored, gaining a yellow tint. For ashy flowers, an oxidizing agent is enough – 3%.
When pre-clarification is required
The most common option for preparing hair for dyeing in light brown tones is their lightening.
The reasons for choosing this method are as follows:
- it is necessary to switch from dark to lighter, that is, increase by 1 or more tones;
- align the color of the strand along the entire length or volume if one of the fashionable dyeing techniques, such as amber, has been used to branch the roots or earlier;
- apply fashionable painting techniques with color transitions in ashy colors;
- reduce the difference between gray and natural hair;
- remove bright or dark pigment in previously dyed hair.
In the latter case, most of the red, copper and red pigments may remain and affect the final result of the transition to an ashen color. Then it is worth using the washing procedure.
How to lighten curls
Lightening can be done in several ways:
Applying powder for clarification. The powder contains granules, which remove yellow pigments in the clarified hair. In this case, the paints, which will later be tinted, lie more evenly and saturated on the strands.
- Using special brightening agents in hair color palettes. These are ready-made compounds, labeled as “Brightening”, which are easily applied to the hair, remove pigments in them, but do not contain coloring elements. The method is convenient for home use. But at the same time, the yellow pigment may not be sufficiently removed in the hair.
- Using the paint of the lightest blonde. Also an easy way for home dyeing. It differs in that the paint may contain pigments, which during the clarification process can fill the hair shaft and affect the final result.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
Fashionable bob haircut for medium hair. Photo, front and rear view.
Home dyeing procedure
Hair dye – ash-light brown shade: requires strict adherence to the dyeing procedure to get the expected result.
At home, staining can be done without prior clarification, or by preparing hair.
To tint the overgrown roots of ash-blond hair, it is necessary to carry out the following steps:
- wash your hair in advance (preferably the day before the procedure), do not apply styling products;
- prepare a place for the procedure, wear protective gloves;
- according to the instructions, combine the ingredients and mix thoroughly;
- apply paint to the roots along thin strands, parsing hair into partings;
- to withstand the time specified by the manufacturer, do not exceed it;
- to distribute with hands a coloring mass along the length of the strands;
- withstand another min. 5-10;
- rinse with warm water without shampoo until the water becomes colorless;
- rinse with shampoo;
- apply a mask, conditioner, balm or other means that fixes the color and cares for the hair (usually included in the set for dyeing);
- rinse with warm water if necessary;
- dry and lay.
For the transition from any tone to ashy colors, the staining procedure from the above is distinguished by several nuances.
- Before applying the paint, carry out preparatory procedures for washing the pigment or discoloring it in the selected way;
- after clarification, to tone the hair with ashen color, for this, the exposure time on the hair should be significantly reduced from the recommended to 10-15 minutes;
- paint should also be applied to the roots and distributed over the entire length, but it is important to take very thin strands for better staining.
How to apply a coloring agent
Hair dye (light blond and other tones) at home can be applied to the head during dyeing in several ways.
Using a mixer bottle with an applicator included in the paint kit from the manufacturer. The method is suitable for fairly liquid products. It is convenient precisely with a thin nose, which allows you to dose and accurately apply hair dye yourself.
- A special brush for coloring hair, mixing the composition in a bowl. A flat brush with a sharp end on the handle and a single-row comb contribute to the even distribution of dye through the hair, by dividing them into thin strands. This method is optimal for cream paints.
Light brown shade
Ash-blond light tone is the color inherent in most girls at a young age. Such a hair dye should be chosen by women whose hair has almost completely turned into gray hair. Light blonde is young, adds radiance to the image.
Ideal for owners of translucent white skin. Complementing bright eyes – blue, gray and green. Gray-green and brown eye color will stand out in a mop of light cold hair. For young girls, color will emphasize youth. Mature – add youth, hide wrinkles.
Light ash-brown is an excellent choice for tinting color transitions during highlighting, amber and other staining techniques.
To achieve light tones, pre-clarification is usually necessary. It is not recommended to stain in light ash if the original colors are below 7, red or red. Bright pigments, as a rule, even after lightening remain in the core and interfere with staining in ash tones.
Recommended paints for light blond ash:
- Avon Advance Techniques ash brown, ultralight (12.01).
- LONDA PROFESSIONAL Tones: 12/1; 12/81; 10/1; 10/81; 9/1.
- Garnier Olia numbers: 8.13; 7.13.
- Garnier Color Sensation: 10.21; 9.13.
- Garnier Color Naturals: 10.1; 9.1; 9.13; 8.1.
- FARA Classic: 531; 516; 515
- FARA Natural Color 353-355.
- Blondes and light blond (C6) from Palette C8-C12.
- STUDIO 3D Holography: 90105; 90102.
The naturalness of the ash medium-brown color is undeniable. This shade is difficult to distinguish from natural. It is universal for any age and even gender. Contraindications include only people who are naturally red, because the grayness of ash shades will give them an unhealthy appearance.
Medium blond will not fall on the hair of dark tones, starting from dark blond. Do not block copper and red pigments. But it fits well in any other color.
Recommended paints include:
- Tone1 Avon Advance Techniques.
- LONDA PROFESSIONAL 8/41;
- LONDA PROFESSIONAL 8/81;
- LONDA PROFESSIONAL 8/1;
- LONDA PROFESSIONAL 8/71.
- Garnier Olia – 8.13.
- Garnier Color Sensation – 7.12;
- Garnier Color Naturals – 8.1;
- Garnier Color Naturals – 7.1.
- Garnier Color Shine – 8.1.
- FARA Classic – 514
- FARA Natural Color –352.
- STUDIO 3D Holography – 6.1.
Ash-blond hair dye of golden hue is an option for girls of the autumn type. Gold and copper in the hair can also be cold. Brown or gray eyes, swarthy or white skin – all combined with golden notes. You should not choose such shades of paint for women of advanced age. This is the color of confident middle-aged women.
A golden hue is applied to light and brown hair. It is not suitable for brown-haired women or brunettes.
Golden and copper ash tones in the palettes are indicated by the numbers 3 and 4:
- Avon Advance Techniques – Golden (9.13).
- LONDA PROFESSIONAL – copper blond (7/41).
- Garnier Olia – Cold Golden Blonde (8.31).
- FARA Classic – Golden (513).
- FARA Natural Color – Wheat (350).
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
Fashionable bob cut for short hair. Photo, front and rear view.
The difference between the dark blond ash and light brown is almost imperceptible. Especially if a brown element is present in the paint. These colors are suitable for young and mature women with both white and dark skin. With dark and with bright eyes. Girls dark palette will make expressive.
Colors can cover all light, natural and dark brown shades. Even suitable for light brown. Do not require preliminary clarification during repainting.
Tones with ashy notes that are present in the dark LONDA PROFESSIONAL palette:
Despite the periodically occurring fashion of red and red shades – women still return to natural colors, which provide ashy notes in the composition of hair dye. Confirmation of this is the universal love this season for the ash-blond color in all its manifestations.
Video about ash blond hair dye
Ash blond hair color at home: