Sodium thiosulfate is actively used as a therapeutic agent that removes signs of intoxication. Effectively eliminates the effects of severe chemical poisoning, and also treats gynecological diseases and allergic manifestations. The instructions for use indicate in detail its description and treatment methods.
- Chemical composition
- What forms are produced
- Mechanism of action
- In what cases is shown
- Side effects
- Drug use
- In the period of gestation
- Use in children
- To lose weight
- Bowel cleansing
- Uses for the liver
- In gynecology
- Psoriasis treatment
- Cleansing the skin from age spots
- With scabies
- With intoxication
- For allergic reactions
- Drug compatibility
- Recommendations and reviews of specialists
- Video on the topic: sodium thiosulfate, instructions for use
0,03 fluid ounce of solution contains:
- Z00 mg of the active ingredient (sodium thiosulfate pentahydrate);
- 20 mg sodium bicarbonate (sodium bicarbonate);
- up to 0,03 fluid ounce of purified water for injection.
The active substance looks in the form of transparent small crystals without a pronounced odor, has a salty-bitter aftertaste. It is quite soluble in water and almost insoluble in alcohol. The molecular weight of the product is 248.17.
What forms are produced
Sodium thiosulfate (sodium sulfidotrioxosulfate, hyposulfite, sodium sulfate, antichlor) is taken directly inside or topically by applying to damaged skin surface. The tool also involves parenteral administration by injection and droppers.
The tool has the following forms of release:
- Solution for injections . It is used topically in the treatment of certain dermatological diseases or is administered intravenously or intramuscularly. In case of poisoning through the respiratory tract, sodium thiosulfate is used by inhalation. In the pharmacy network, you can purchase a 30% or 60% solution. Their difference lies in the different consistency and content of the active substance in 0,03 fluid ounce of the product. The drug is sold in glass ampoules ( 0,17 fluid ounce or 0,34 fluid ounce) in contour packs.
- Tablets. Designed to treat patients on an outpatient basis. They are used orally, in accordance with the dose indicated in the instructions for the medication.
- Powder. Applied in the preparation of solutions for internal administration.
Mechanism of action
The therapeutic ability of hyposulfite consists in the general cleansing of the body, after which the course of chronic diseases is facilitated. At the same time, accumulated toxins are eliminated, immunity is strengthened, and the healing process is faster.
The drug productively cleanses the blood and lymph in patients. The drug enters the gastrointestinal tract, where it absorbs toxins and processing components that enter it from the blood and intercellular space.
Hyposulfite combines elements of heavy metals due to the fact that it contains sulfur molecules that have a beneficial effect on the synthesis of enzymes. In this case, the body is significantly restored.
A sterile solution of Thiosulfate is characterized by laxative properties, activates intestinal motility and promotes the dissolution of toxins, which increases the rate of their release.
When injecting antichlorine in the form of injections, the agent is quickly dispersed in organs and tissues and is also promptly excreted through the kidneys in a constant form – its half-life is about 30 minutes.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
Fashionable bangs of the new season for medium, short, long hair. Photo.
In what cases is shown
Sodium thiosulfate (instructions for use contain information on the indications for taking the drug) is recommended for use in some conditions.
These are the following states:
- poisoning with heavy chemical compounds having a toxic effect;
- allergic skin reactions;
- a cyst in the ovary area;
- acts as a laxative for constipation.
Sodium sulfidotrioxosulfate is contraindicated in the following cases:
- personal intolerance to the active substance;
- during the bearing of the child;
- renal and cardiovascular diseases;
- puffiness of unknown origin;
- chronic intestinal disorders, diarrhea;
- with the use of strong alcoholic beverages;
- during lactation;
After taking the drug, such adverse reactions are possible that occur infrequently:
- darkening in the eyes, dizziness;
- pain in the joints;
- skin rash and itching;
- heart rhythm disturbances;
The most common deviations when using sodium sulfate are:
- manifestation of allergies;
- increased urination.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
Fashionable haircut for short hair. Photo, front and rear view.
In the period of gestation
Sodium thiosulfate (instructions for use reports that it is not prescribed during the period of gestation) can be recommended for use only in case of urgent need.
For example, with severe poisoning by life-threatening poisons and heavy chemical compounds.
In pregnant women with psoriasis, this medicine is allowed to be used only when the intended therapeutic effect prevails over the likely risk to
the health of the woman and the child being born.
If there is an urgent need to take the drug during breastfeeding, it is advisable to refuse feeding, since toxic components and their binders with hyposulfite can pass into breast milk.
Use in children
Hyposulfite in most cases is not recommended for children under 14 years of age. It can be prescribed only in case of poisoning with cyanide, phenol and other heavy metals. With allergic manifestations and dermatitis, the doctor may prescribe the child to undergo treatment with the drug.
To lose weight
When taking this therapeutic substance for weight loss, you should adhere to a diet that minimizes the intake of meat and dairy products and increases the consumption of plant foods.
- The drug is taken orally 1 time before bedtime or 2 times a day – in the morning and at night. The daily dose of the drug is 0,34 fluid ounce (30% solution). The contents of the ampoule must be diluted in 8,45 fluid ounce of water. When taken twice, the amount is divided into 2 parts.
- In the morning, the diluted liquid is drunk before breakfast.
- In the evening, the medicine is consumed 2 hours after dinner.
- Antichlor is diluted with water due to the fact that it has a bitter taste. A solution of 0.5 tablespoon. water is more effective, but the taste is quite unpleasant.
- The course is from 10 to 12 days. Throughout its length, you should drink enough water to exclude dehydration, since the drug has diuretic properties.
- The effect of taking the remedy can be enhanced by fruit acidic juices.
In the first few days, various skin rashes may appear, which appear as a result of the removal of toxins and toxins from the cells. One of the positive results after cleaning is the feeling of lightness that occurs by the 4th to 5th day.
To cleanse the intestines, use the Kondakova method, consisting of the following steps:
- Dissolve in 1 tablespoon. plain water 0,68 fluid ounce of the drug.
- Drink the solution half an hour before going to bed.
- In the morning, an upset digestive system appears. This is an indicator that harmful substances are leaving the intestines.
- The course lasts 10 days, while dairy and meat foods should be excluded from the diet.
- To consolidate the effect, it is advisable to follow another 7 days. after cleaning.
- To increase vitality, it is recommended to carry out similar procedures 4 – 5 time. in year.
Uses for the liver
The liver is cleaned with sodium sulfidotrioxosulfate in this way:
- In 6,76 fluid ounce of pure water you need to dilute 0,34 fluid ounce of the drug (30%).
- Pour out half the solution and drink in the morning, 1 hour before a meal.
- The remaining 3,38 fluid ounce should be drunk in the evening, 2 hours after a meal.
- To facilitate the drinking of hyposulfite, you can dilute it with lemon water.
- Before starting the procedure, the body needs to be prepared – to reduce the intake of fatty and dairy foods. It is advisable to consume a lot of vegetables, various cereals and salads with the addition of vegetable oil.
- It is recommended to increase the daily rate of drinking fluid, it is possible due to orange or grapefruit juice.
Sodium thiosulfate (instructions for use suggest a list of gynecological diseases) has a therapeutic effect in some cases.
The list of conditions in which sodium thiosulfate is used:
- Complex therapy of anovulatory process . Hyposulfite prevents the manifestation of allergic reactions after electrophoresis with Actovegin and nicotinic acid.
- Cysts on the ovaries . The drug is combined with anti-inflammatory non-steroidal medications and is administered intravenously.
- Tuberculosis of the female reproductive system. Antichlor along with Lidase and Vitamin E is included in the group of drugs that relieve inflammation. Take 0,34 fluid ounce of the solution in the form of injections after 1 day, the duration of the treatment course is from 40 to 50 injections.
- Endometriosis The drug is used through microclysters to eliminate inflammatory processes.
- When adhesions in the pelvic area are shown microclysters – a 10% solution must be heated using a water bath to 39,2 – 32°F, then inject 1,4 – 1,7 fluid ounce into the rectum.
The use of sodium thiosulfate (30%) for psoriasis greatly facilitates the well-being of the patient. The drug has a desensitizing and anti-inflammatory effect, which helps to increase the period of remission.
The drug is administered intravenously, the appointment is made only by a specialist. It is possible to take the drug inside.
Mode of application:
- It is necessary to dilute 1 ampoule ( 0,34 fluid ounce) in 6,76 fluid ounce of pure water and divide the solution into 2 parts.
- One intake of medicinal fluid is carried out in the morning (before meals), the second in the evening (before dinner).
- The duration of the therapeutic course is 5-12 days.
- To obtain a stable effect, it is advisable to repeat 3 time per year.
How to use sodium thiosulfate in psoriasis:
Cleansing the skin from age spots
The direction of detoxification in the body involves the restoration of the structural elements of the liver, because this organ passes through itself all the harmful substances inside. After general cleansing, the skin acquires a natural, healthy shade, pigment spots and dark areas under the eyes disappear.
tions for taking the drug:
- It is necessary to dilute 1 ampoule of hyposulfite in 1 tablespoon. pure water.
- Take as directed by your doctor. A daily medicinal portion can be consumed for 1 or 2 times.
- The solution should be drunk at the same hours, this will help the body get used to the tool and tune in to cleaning.
- In the case of taking the entire dose at a time, this is best done in the evening, shortly before going to bed.
In the treatment of scabies, sodium sulfidotrioxosulfate is used by rubbing a medicinal solution (60%).
The procedure includes the following actions:
- Lubricate alternately for 15 minutes. arms first, then trunk and legs.
- When the skin dries and crystals appear on it, repeat the steps similar to the previous steps.
- The treated areas should be moistened with a 6% hydrochloric acid solution.
- Under the influence of acid, sodium thiosulfate decomposes. Sulfur anhydride and sulfur formed after this process destroy the pathogens of the disease – ticks.
- 3 days later after rubbing, the patient is allowed to wash.
Instructions for use indicate that sodium thiosulfate in case of poisoning is taken orally in an amount of 2-3 g at a time with a 10% solution. The drug (30%) is also administered intravenously in doses of 0,2 – 1,7 fluid ounce. The correct dosage is determined by the degree and type of intoxication.
- In case of poisoning with cyanide components, the drug in a volume of 1,69 fluid ounce is administered parenterally and orally in the above dosage. In this case, the instructions indicate that hyposulfite should be combined with sodium nitrite. This type of poisoning involves the timely administration of an antidote and monitoring the patient for 2-3 days. If during this period the signs of toxicosis recur again, then the drug is administered repeatedly, but already in half.
- If intoxication is caused by hydrocyanic acid, bromine, iodine or other elements of heavy chemical compounds, then a sterile (10%) solution must be taken 2-3 g inside the body.
For allergic reactions
To relieve allergy symptoms: puffiness, redness and dermatitis, sodium sulfate is used externally in this way:
- A solution of anti-chlorine (60%) for 2-3 minutes. they usd the right and left arm sequentially, then the torso and in the same order both legs.
- All manipulation takes 10 minutes. After it, take a break until the skin dries.
- Repeat the same steps a second time.
- When the skin has dried, it should be covered with hydrochloric acid (6%);
- The applied preparations should be washed off 3 days after the procedure.
- The whole process should be repeated $ 0,03 – $ 0,04. per day to eliminate allergic manifestations.
If an exacerbation of the foci of allergy occurs, the doctor may prescribe sodium thiosulfate at the same time as antihistamines. In the case of an acute form of the disease, a medicinal 30% solution must be administered intravenously or 1 time. a dropper per day. The result can be observed on the 5-6th day of the treatment.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
Fashionable haircut for medium hair. Photo, front and rear view.
Sodium thiosulfate (instructions for use recommends that you be careful when combining with other drugs) has several rules for combination.
- poorly combined with nitrites and nitrates (when administered intravenously);
- the combined intake of hyposulfite with iodine or bromine preparations neutralizes their effectiveness;
- the medication suppresses the pharmacological effect of streptomycin antibiotics;
- not compatible with potassium permanganate and hydroxycobalamin when injected into a vein through one device.
Recommendations and reviews of specialists
Doctors’ opinions on the use of hyposulfite to cleanse the body vary. Some used the effect of the drug on themselves and then spoke of it as a rather effective remedy.
Most experts find that the cleansing effect of sodium thiosulfate on the body does not have enough evidence and it is not advisable to take this medication uncontrollably.
At the same time, in the treatment of psoriasis and to improve the general condition of the skin, specialists respond positively about the product. An important role is played by the correct planning of therapy – the selection of the best option for use, the duration of treatment and combination with other medications.
Dermatologists recommend performing a cleansing preparation of 1 time. in year. Patients who take medications against allergies, after such a cleaning, allergic manifestations no longer bother.
Gastroenterologists advise to carry out similar procedures $ 0,03. per year, since clean internal organs will help to avoid many diseases. Gynecologists noted that after cleansing with this method, there is an improvement in health in patients with mastopathy, fibromyoma and hormonal disorders.
In case of various types of poisoning or allergies, it is recommended to take sodium thiosulfate to relieve negative reactions of the body. Detailed instructions will tell you how to use the drug. But before using it, you should consult your doctor, because self-medication can harm and turn out to be ineffective.
Video on the topic: sodium thiosulfate, instructions for use
Instructions for use sodium thiosulfate: