Rhinoseptoplasty is a surgical method for correcting the shape of the nose or restoring the nasal septum. Plastic surgery has several secondary names: nose surgery, shape correction, volume correction. This correction method is already more than 3000 years old.
- What is rhinoseptoplasty
- Types of operations
- Preparation for surgery
- How is rhinoseptoplasty and the rehabilitation period
- Closed rhinoseptoplasty
- Open rhinoseptoplasty
- Laser rhinoseptoplasty
- Factors influencing the result
- Where to do rhinoseptoplasty in New York, Los Angeles,, the price of surgery
- Useful videos about rhinoseptoplasty and its results
What is rhinoseptoplasty
Rhinoseptoplasty affects the bone-cartilage frame of the nose. The purpose of the operation is to return it to its correct form. The nose is an organ of smell, occupies a crucial place in the development of the human respiratory system. It is a regulator of air ventilation, as well as one of the parts of the tear duct system.
Therefore, rhinoseptoplasty is performed as a complex operation for violations in the activity of the organs of vision. Rhinoseptoplastic is considered one of the most complex operations in the field of maxillofacial surgery. This is due to the anatomical structure of the nose, the individual location of the nasal septum.
A septum is a plate that divides the nose into 2 parts. In most people, the plate is curved, which is a consequence of the asymmetry of the skull. Minor deviations are considered normal, provided that they do not cause nasal breathing problems.
Problems with the nasal cavity are also associated with the in which the person lives:
- residents of warm have wide noses due to the accelerated heat transfer of air;
- narrow wings of the nose are possessed by residents of the northern: the air passing through the nasal passages in small portions takes more time to warm up.
These small nuances are usually taken into account when prescribing rhinoseptoplasty.
Rhinoseptoplasty is such an surgical intervention that is performed to reach the age of 20, when the organ becomes fully formed and does not undergo further growth and development. The optimal period for rhinoseptoplasty is from 20 to 35 years.
The main indications for the operation are:
- The hump on the back of the nose. This is an aesthetic problem. Plastic surgeons call it one of the most common reasons for treatment. The humps of the nose are congenital, but can be consequences of injuries of the maxillofacial system.
- Thickened nose bridge. This is a congenital type defect, but can develop after a facial injury. Surgeons remove small sections of the nasal bone to correct the thickening.
- Nasal saddle shape. This problem is characterized by lowering of the nasal back, while the tip of the nose can be raised. There are different saddle forms: from mild to severe with sinking of large sections of the nose. Such consequences often occur after a series of plastic surgeries on the face using Botox injections.
- Curvature of the lateral side of the nose. Lateral deformation is most often the result of severe facial trauma. A similar birth defect is usually corrected in childhood, when the cartilage is not fully formed and can be influenced.
- Disproportionate nose. In this case, an operation is performed with the aim of giving the nose an aesthetically correct appearance. Correction of the irregular shape of the tip of the nose, which can have different shapes: from hooked to bifurcated and pointed.
- Correction of the wings of the nose. This indication is distinguished as a separate one, because the surgical intervention to correct the wings of the nose has distinctive features. In this case, the bones of the nose are not affected, only the lower side parts are affected.
- Inflammation in the sinuses of the nose , which is chronic. This testimony is not related to the canons of beauty, it is in the nature of the necessary. Its purpose is to eliminate breathing problems. The cause may be chronic sinusitis. It is characterized by the development of complications.
- Repeated regular otitis media. These are inflammations of the middle ear, which are often repeated due to the anatomical and physiological characteristics of the nasopharynx. After a full examination, doctors prescribe rhinoseptoplasty to correct this error.
- Difficulty in nasal breathing, constant nasal congestion. Rhinoseptoplasty is used to solve this problem if nasal breathing is impaired due to a significant curvature of the nasal septum.
- Difficulty in the outflow of tear fluid. This indication is associated with the abnormal structure of the nasal septum. Its correction, as a rule, leads to the elimination of the outflow problem. The tear fluid should not be delayed, otherwise it can provoke serious complications, such as an eyelid abscess or phlegmon of the organs of vision.
- Perforation of the nasal septum. The appearance of holes of different sizes in the plate leads to respiratory failure. The violation develops due to injuries, fractures, and also as a result of the use of narcotic substances.
- Dacryocystitis. This is a disease that is characterized by an inflammatory process of the lacrimal sac. A common cause for dacryocystitis is the curvature of the nasal septum, which is associated with obstruction of the nasolacrimal duct. Purulent fluid forms in the lacrimal sac, which flows out when pressed. Rhinoseptoplasty is performed in conjunction with surgical interventions relating to the lower and upper eyelids.
Rhinoseptoplasty is a surgical intervention that may be contraindicated in some cases. This should be considered when planning an operation for both patients and plastic surgeons.
- Age restrictions. Surgery to correct the bow is not done until the age of 20 years, the exception may be cases of serious injury after suffering accidents. Elderly age is also a contraindication to rhinoseptoplasty. Surgeons advise to avoid surgical intervention after 40 years, during this period the risk of developing complications associated with lowering of the nasal portions is increased. The wound healing period also increases and the rehabilitation process is complicated.
- Diabetes mellitus of both types. Diseases associated with disorders of the endocrine system are considered a direct contraindication to the appointment of surgical procedures. Problems with blood counts can become a serious obstacle to full rehabilitation, interfere with healing.
- Folliculitis in the nose. Inflammation of the skin with the formation of purulent papules can lead to complications after surgery, therefore, for rhinoseptoplasty, folliculitis is eliminated and a quarantine period is established after it.
- Disease of the liver, kidneys. The risk of complications after surgery in people with serious liver or kidney diseases is increased several times. The withdrawal of medicines that are required for surgical operations through the kidneys and liver is difficult and often leads to complications, so doctors do not recommend rhinoseptoplasty for chronic pyelonephritis or cholecystitis.
- The presence of cancer. Surgery of this type is prohibited for those who are actively developing tumor formations. Rhinoseptoplasty can lead to the further development and propagation of cancer cells.
- Diseases of the cardiovascular system. The effect of drugs on the heart and blood vessels in the course of a possible rhinoseptoplasty exceeds the permissible norms, so surgery is contraindicated in patients with blood flow disorders.
Mental disorders. The operation can trigger an exacerbation of dis
ease. In addition, people with nervous disorders should avoid exposure to anesthesia.
- Pregnancy. During this period, rhinoseptoplasty is not performed.
- Acute viral disease. During such diseases, viruses spread inside living cells. The consequences of surgery against a developing virus are unpredictable and irreversible.
Types of operations
Rhinoseptoplasty is such an surgical intervention, which is divided into types depending on the methods of manipulation:
- Endoscopic. The purpose of the recovery is.
- Laser Passes using the latest equipment.
- Open. Conducted under general anesthesia, the goal may be several tasks for adjustment or replacement.
- Closed. The disadvantage of this method is the inability of the surgeon to see the structure of the bone-nasal cartilage, he is forced to act blindly.
Preparation for surgery
Rhinoseptoplasty is planned in advance.
To prepare the patient, it is necessary to provide the results of the following examinations:
- clinical blood and urine tests;
In the presence of chronic diseases, it is necessary to conduct a stabilization course, take measures to eliminate possible complications.
After consultation with a plastic surgeon, a CT scan of the nasal septum should be performed to provide the doctor with a complete picture of the structure. In individual cases, additional examinations are required, the provision of the necessary x-ray images.
How is rhinoseptoplasty and the rehabilitation period
The process of rhinoseptoplasty depends on its type and purpose. Modern clinics offer to conduct computer simulations before making a decision. It allows you to evaluate the intended result.
Characteristic features of endoscopic septoplasty:
- the period of about 2 hours;
- general anesthesia;
- manipulation with an endoscope.
During the operation, an incision is made, then cartilage is isolated, deformed parts are cut off. After this, the nasal septum is fixed. The last step is the introduction of turunda into the nasal passages to prevent bleeding and maintain the septum.
A feature of endoscopy is the use of cartilage from the auricles to correct the nasal septum, change or increase the cartilage. The rehabilitation period lasts 5-7 days.
Turunds from the nasal passages are removed after 2 days, after a week they remove the plaster plaster. Swelling in the nose goes on day 3. In the rehabilitation period, it is advised to avoid wearing glasses, visiting saunas, taking hot baths. The restoration of the sensitivity of the nose and adjacent parts occurs gradually.
- the period of about 1 hour;
- general anesthesia;
- lack of external incisions.
With a closed type of rhinoseptoplasty, several internal incisions are performed depending on the indications. If it is necessary to use bone transplantation, it is taken from the tissues of the skull or chest, and an artificial transplant is often used.
The rehabilitation period lasts 12-14 days. During this period, it is not recommended to visit saunas, pools, you should be careful: even a simple sneeze can lead to complications.
Carried out in cases where it is necessary to correct the nasal septum repeatedly or to carry out a whole range of corrective work. If there are several indications, sections of the nasal cavity and the columella are used, then manipulations are performed on the bone-cartilaginous skeleton, using transplantation techniques or adjusting the shape of the bone.
The rehabilitation period with an open type of intervention is 12-15 days.
Laser-type rhinoseptoplasty is manipulations using special equipment. Such equipment is a laser. This is a source of coherent radiation, capable of microscopic incisions on the skin without the use of scalpels.
Correction of the nose during laser rhinoseptoplasty has advantages over surgical intervention:
- reduced risk of infection;
- antiseptic effect;
- neat cuts.
The disadvantage of the operation is the limitation of the possible action. Only cartilages located in the bow are corrected with a laser. The rehabilitation period after using the laser is short, 2-3 hours.
Factors influencing the result
Rhinoseptoplasty is a surgical procedure that can result in errors.
The following reasons influence them:
- improper selection of the type of intervention;
- anomalies in the anatomical structure of the nasal cavities (in the process of correcting deformed septa, the anomalies are eliminated, but the result may be a displacement of the microparticles of the nasal bone);
- errors during the manipulation (incorrectly performed incisions, lack of professionalism and lack of rehabilitation period negatively affect the final result).
After rhinoseptoplasty, complications may occur.
They are associated both with surgical intervention and with the individual characteristics of the patient’s body:
- Reaction to anesthesia of an allergic type with subsequent complications.
- Complicated nosebleeds. Damage to small capillary vessels can lead to repeated bleeding. Such complications are eliminated within two to 3 days.
- Enlarged swelling of the nose. Tissue edema is a natural reaction to surgery. Enlarged hematomas can appear in violation of the technique of the operation.
- Violation of smell. After rhinoseptoplasty, the ability to smell can be impaired. This may be due to nerve damage. A similar complication often manifests itself after a closed rhinoseptoplasty.
- Infections The use of low-quality materials leads to the development of infectious conditions. To avoid this complication, doctors prescribe a course of antibiotics.
- The formation of vascular networks in the areas of the nose. This may occur due to deep damage to the capillary system.
- Reducing the thickness of the fibers and, as a consequence, atrophy of the nasal cartilage. This type of complication occurs in patients who make multiple nose adjustments.
- Pigmentation. Pigmented spots may form on the skin of the nose.
s. This complication is extremely rare. It may be the result of medical errors or disturbances in the activity of body systems that were not detected during preparation for the operation.
One of the complications after surgery may be dissatisfaction with the results. Correction and adjustment of the nasal septum entails a change in proportion. Reducing the nose leads to an accentuation of the upper part of the face, many women do not expect such an effect.
Where to do rhinoseptoplasty in New York, Los Angeles,, the price of surgery
Rhinoseptoplasty is performed in special clinics that specialize in plastic surgery. Plastic surgery is one of the sections of surgery that deals with the elimination of defects.
Correction of the nose is one of the main positions in the statistics of visits to plastic surgeons. To minimize the risks of complications after the operation, it is necessary to choose a cosmetic clinic with a proven track record.
|Medical centers in New York||Type of operation, price|
|“Medical Center K + 31”||
|Scientific and Practical Surgery Center||
In Los Angeles:
- “Grandmed” (reduction of the nasal septum, correction of defects obtained naturally $ 952 – $ 1632.);
- Medetetic (laser rhinoseptoplasty from $ 1156);
- “Scandinavia” (rhinoplasty, correction of the parts of the nose, change in the shape of the nose from $ 1251).
In New York, the New York branch of the clinic “Capital” has been opened, New York specialists are hosting there. Operations to correct the shape of the nose are performed as planned, recording is carried out in the clinic registry. The cost of rhinoseptoplasty for birth defects from $ 1632.
In Miami, the services of plastic surgeons are offered by the South American Cosmetology Center:
- primary rhinoplasty – $ 1877;
- secondary plastic surgery of the nose with correction and correction – $ 2122.
Plastic nose correction is a surgical procedure with all possible risks of complications. The decision on rhinoseptoplasty should be individual, such a decision should be made after a full examination and consultation of a specialist. When planning, the terms of plasticity and the period of rehabilitation should be taken into account.
Useful videos about rhinoseptoplasty and its results
Surgeon about rhinoseptoplasty:
The choice between septoplasty and rhinoseptoplasty: