Most women have to make efforts to daily care for hair. The main assistants are oils, specialized means. According to trichologists, nicotinic acid produced in ampoules and tablets is highly effective. Its main benefit to the hair is to strengthen the follicles and stimulate the appearance of additional hairs.
- The principle of action of nicotinic acid
- Composition of the tablets
- When to use for hair
- Advantages and disadvantages
- Before and after photos
- Instructions for use
- How often can I use
- Effect of use
- Doctors reviews
- Side effects
- Consequences of an overdose
- Tablets for hair masks with nicotinic acid
- Nicotinic Acid Video
The principle of action of nicotinic acid
The effect of nicotinic acid on the hair structure is to enhance local blood circulation. The blood flow provides increased flow of oxygen and nutrients to the scalp. Local metabolism is also stimulated. All this “wakes up” the hair follicles, which receive all the necessary substances and begin to function more intensively.
The effect of the active component “induces” the bulbs to produce their own pigment, prevents early gray hair, and allows you to preserve the natural color of the hair.
These aspects provide a number of results from the use of niacinamide:
- hair loss is minimized;
- the growth of existing hair rods is activated;
- new hairs-columns appear;
- excessive dry skin is eliminated;
- the initial signs of seborrhea are suppressed;
- hair structure damaged by thermal styling is restored;
- roots are strengthened;
- the effect of split ends disappears;
- added density and shine of curls.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
Fashionable hair colors this year. Photos and trends of hairdressing.
Composition of the tablets
The drug is available in the form of ampoules or tablets. The content of the active component in the latter is 50 mg of vitamin PP, which is also called B3.
Additional substances of the drug:
- starch derived from corn;
- stearic calcium salt.
The medicine is packaged in 2 ways: 50 tablets in plastic or glass jars, 10 in one blister, 5 pieces are placed in a cardboard package.
When to use for hair
Niacin in hair tablets is recommended by trichologists in the presence of a number of problems or symptoms associated with the state of hair:
- intense hair loss;
- slow growth of strands;
- dry skin of the head;
- peeling, dandruff, persistent itching;
- deterioration of the hair structure due to the use of hot styling tools;
- dull, brittle, weakened curls.
Advantages and disadvantages
The use of vitamin PP in tablets has advantages compared to other hair products, but it also has several features.
The main advantages:
- skin and hair are not overdried;
- ease of use;
- fast absorption by the body;
- prolonged action;
- Affordable price
- elimination of a complex of problems associated with the condition of the hair;
- additional positive effect on the skin, nail plates, eyebrows and eyelashes;
- the possibility of combining with other drugs.
Features to be aware of before starting treatment with niacinamide:
- a significant list of contraindications and side effects;
- the likelihood of active hair growth on the body.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
Fashionable bob haircut for medium hair. Photo, front and rear view.
Before and after photos
You can buy the drug in tablets at any pharmacy. They are on sale, do not require a prescription. The price ranges from $ 0,2 – $ 0,68, depending on the manufacturer, pharmacy margins and the.
Nicotinic acid in hair tablets is an effective remedy, but has a number of contraindications that limit the possibility of therapy.
It is recommended to find an alternative remedy in the presence of the following diseases:
- cirrhosis of the liver;
- atherosclerotic vascular disease;
- chronic hypertension;
- pathology of blood vessels and heart muscle;
- peptic ulcer;
Also, vitamin PP should be abandoned with individual intolerance to the active substance and in childhood.
With extreme caution and under medical supervision, you can treat hair with niacinamide if:
- diagnosed with gastritis;
- a woman is pregnant or breastfeeding;
- there is glaucoma;
- low blood pressure against a background of vegetative dystonia.
Instructions for use
Doctors recommend taking vitamin B3 tablets to improve the condition of the hair according to a certain scheme:
- Begin with 1 pill.
- In the absence of negative reactions from the body, the dosage can be increased to 2 tablets per day.
- You can take it only after a hear
ty breakfast or lunch.
- Drink plenty of milk or purified water.
The maximum duration of the therapeutic course is 1.5 months. Nicotinic acid tablets can also be drunk for preventive purposes: to avoid intense hair loss and deterioration of their condition. It is recommended to drink the drug 1 time in 48 hours.
Oral medication must necessarily be accompanied by prior medical advice. Also, to increase the effect, experts advise combining tablets with local use of a niacinamide solution.
How often can I use
Therapy in which nicotinic acid is used to improve the structure of the hair is recommended in courses. Trichologists advise drinking the drug in tablets for about 20 days, then a monthly pause is required. After the second course, you should take a break in half a year so that the body can recover after exposure to active substances.
Effect of use
The first effect of treatment appears after 2 weeks.
Most often, signs of a positive result appear as follows:
- Hair loss is reduced, which can be tracked on the comb and during shampooing.
- In places of bald patches, if any, fluffy hair appears. You can feel the new hair rods by running your palms and fingers over the scalp;
- After 4 weeks, the naked eye shows a change in the condition of the hairline. The strands acquire density, density and luster, and their length increases by 0’4 – 0’8 inch.
Doctors speak positively about nicotinic acid as a stimulator of hair growth.
Especially they note such properties as:
- elimination of inflammatory processes;
- activation of local metabolism.
These actions have a beneficial effect on the scalp, however, the statement is true in the absence of contraindications. Taking the drug against a background of diseases or ignoring side effects provokes even more active hair loss and deterioration of their structure.
Some trichologists are skeptical of nicotinic acid due to the fact that the effect of a substance on the body has not yet been fully studied. Some suggest that the power of auto-suggestion cannot be ruled out. The effectiveness of the placebo effect has been proven by a number of studies.
Doctors also believe that claims about the ability to grow hair by 2 – 3’9 inch in 30 days are exaggerated. In their opinion, it is possible to achieve an increase in length by 1. 2 inch.
In addition, they remind that the loss of hair rods is a natural process, and no drug can completely brake it. Vitamin PP only helps reduce hair loss and fine-tune the mechanism of renewal of the hairline.
Oral nicotinic acid also causes side effects.
The use of medications in tablets for therapy and hair restoration is sometimes accompanied by:
- redness of the skin, itching, burning, the appearance of urticaria;
- local increase in temperature in the face and chest;
- deterioration of liver function;
- an attack of hypotension;
- violation of the digestive system;
- increased production of gastric juice;
- dizziness, migraines and weakness.
Consequences of an overdose
Exceeding the daily dosage, as well as excessively long intake of vitamin B3, leads to the accumulation of the active component in the body.
In excessive concentration, it causes:
- heart rhythm disturbance;
- chronic fatigue syndrome;
- prolonged and severe disorders of the digestive tract;
- a sharp drop in blood glucose;
- an increase in the amount of uric acid in the blood.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
Fashionable bob cut for short hair. Photo, front and rear view.
Tablets for hair masks with nicotinic acid
Experts recommend using nicotinic acid tablets for oral administration, and when creating home-care cosmetics, a liquid solution in ampoules is better. It is more convenient to use, and there is no need to dilute it with water or another liquid.
You need to know that the concentration of the active substance in an ampoule is 10 mg, and in a tablet – 50 mg. Accordingly, if necessary, replace the liquid preparation, it should be remembered that one ampoule is equivalent to 1/5 of the tablet.
Before using masks for hair growth based on vitamin PP, you need to familiarize yourself with the general tips:
- Carry out an allergy test by applying acid to the area behind the ear. If no negative skin reactions appear within half an hour, then you can proceed to treatment.
- During therapy, shampoos with silicones should be discarded – the substance has enveloping properties and impedes the absorption of niacinamide.
- The occurrence of any side effects is a signal to immediately wash your hair and refuse the drug.
- If dryness occurs, dandruff should be diluted with water in a ratio of 1: 2.
Among homemade recipes, there are dozens of masks based on vitamin PP.
To normalize the water balance and revitalize the hair roots, the following remedy is recommended:
- Pour 2 tablespoon into a bowl. pre-squeezed aloe juice.
- Add 2 times less propolis tincture.
- Stir and pour 2 ampoules of the drug or pour 2/5 of the crushed tablets.
- Apply the components to the roots and distribute along the length.
- Insulate and keep 40 minutes.
Mask for saturating hair with vitamins and stimulating hair follicles:
- Prepare a decoction of 2 tablespoon. nettle leaves and a glass of water.
- Cool, strain.
- Add 3 ampoules or 3/5 tablets.
- Stir and apply for 2 hours.
To prepare a remedy for brittleness and excessive loss of hair rods, as well as to eliminate irritation of the scalp you will need:
- Combine 1,01 fluid ounce of linseed oil and 0,51 fluid o
unce of tincture of Eleutherococcus.
- Add to the mixture an ampoule of acid and vitamin E.
- Stir, usd into the roots, distribute the leftovers along the length.
- Rinse off after an hour without shampoo.
A method of manufacturing a nutritional and strengthening composition based on henna:
- Dilute 30 g of yeast with warm water.
- 100 g of henna, which does not have coloring properties, in a separate container, brew 10,14 fluid ounce of boiled water.
- Wait 5 minutes and mix the mixture.
- To them add 5 drops of verbena ester and an ampoule of vitamin B3 or 1/5 tablet.
- Wet your hair a little before applying.
- Remove the mixture with running water after 40 minutes.
You can strengthen and nourish the strands, as well as stop their intense attack, using the following tool:
- Grind 0,51 fluid ounce of honey and chicken yolk in a earthenware bowl.
- To the mass add 2 tablespoon. olive oil, 10 drops of tocopherol, an ampoule of vitamin PP or 1/5 tablet.
- Lubricate the scalp with a mixture, apply the rest to the entire length of the hair.
- Warm and rinse after an hour without using shampoo.
A fortifying mask with agave is prepared as follows:
- Fresh juice is squeezed from the lower leaves of aloe.
- A tablespoon of the liquid is combined with 3 ampoules of niacinamide or 3/5 tablets.
- The mixture is intended for application to the entire length of the hair.
- The mask should be removed under running water after 20 minutes.
Vitamin masks have a wide spectrum of action. They saturate, nourish and strengthen hair.
Procedure for cooking:
- Connect teaspoons retinol, the same amount of vitamin E and vitamin PP ampoule (1/5 tab.).
- Add 1,01 fluid ounce of linseed oil and raw egg yolk.
- Stir well.
- Apply to roots and length, wrap.
- Rinse with running water after an hour.
Base oils are helpers in the fight for the beauty of hair.
To give the strands shine, elasticity, strength, this home recipe is recommended:
- Stir 1,01 fluid ounce of jojoba base oil with 1 egg yolk.
- Slowly add tocopherol in an amount of 20 drops and an acid solution of 2 ampoules or 2/5 tab.
- Apply to washed strands and keep for 40 minutes.
- Rinse with running water.
Add density to rare strands will help such a composition:
- 0,1 fluid ounce of dimexide mixed with 2 ampoules of vitamin PP (2/5 tab.).
- Pour into 1,35 fluid ounce of olive oil.
- Heat the mixture in a steam bath to a comfortable warm temperature.
- Lubricate the curls and keep a quarter of an hour.
- Wash your hair thoroughly before the procedure.
The following remedy stimulates blood circulation and wakes up hair follicles.
- Grate 10 g of ginger root.
- Put in a bowl and add an ampoule of vitamin B3, 10 drops of retinol and 4 teaspoons. olive oil.
- Apply to dirty hair.
- Hold for about 30 minutes.
Strengthen the effect of nicotinic acid can be infusions of herbs.
You should prepare such a mask:
- Mix by teaspoons nettle and sage leaves, chamomile inflorescences.
- Pour the collection of 3,38 fluid ounce of boiling water and leave for 30 minutes.
- Filter and pour the niacinamide ampoule.
- Treat the surface of the scalp and hair length.
- Rinse off after 40 minutes.
To eliminate dandruff, a more potent remedy will be required than a regular mask. It is necessary to make a scrub, where the base is sea salt.
- A 15 g salt base must be put in a ceramic bowl.
- Add a vial of vitamin PP.
- Dip the essential oil 3 times:
- for oily hair – lemon, cedar, sage;
- for normal – lavender, jasmine, cypress;
- for dry – geranium, ylang-ylang, parsley.
- Apply to scalp and massage for 10 minutes.
- Rinse off with shampoo.
Vitamin PP is an effective hair growth product if used wisely. It is important to remember that nicotinic acid is characterized by a lot of restrictions on intake, so the medication in tablets should be taken strictly following the recommendations in the instructions.
Nicotinic Acid Video
Niacin for hair growth:
Trichologist about nicotinic acid: