The skin condition can spoil many factors: from the external environment and diseases of internal organs to malnutrition and age-related changes. To help restore the rosy color, smoothness, peeling of the skin of the face is intended. Some time ago, it was carried out exclusively in beauty salons, but now face peeling at home has become commonplace.
- Types of Peeling
- Photos before and after peeling
- Features of house peeling
- At what age do peeling
- How often can chemical peels be done
- Substances for home peeling
- Surface peeling preparations
- Preparation for home chemical peeling
- Chemical peeling
- Professional glycolic acid peeling at home
- Lactic acid peeling (instructions)
- Trichloroacetic Acid Peeling
- Homemade face peeling with salicylic acid
- Homemade peeling with fruit acid
- With glycolic acid
- With calcium chloride
- With salt
- With brown sugar
- From eggshell and lemon juice
- With rice and cottage cheese
- Ground coffee
- With citrus peels
- Facial Whitening Peeling
- Peeling recipes by skin type
- For combination skin type
- For dry skin type
- For normal to mixed skin types
- For oily skin
- Peeling essential oils
- Results after chemical peeling
- Hardware peeling at home
- Is it possible to do laser peeling at home
- How to care for skin after peeling
- Video on the topic: face peeling at home
Types of Peeling
The principle of peeling is to remove a layer of keratinized epidermal cells from the surface of the skin. Facial peeling is mechanical and chemical. The first type is carried out using plant and other natural components, the second – under the influence of synthetic compounds.
According to the degree of penetration of cleaning substances, peeling is divided into:
Surface cleaning of the skin is done mechanically – a solid, dense material, crushed to a dusty state, “polishes” the surface of the skin, removing peeling scales, cleansing the pores.
This is the least traumatic face peeling available even to inexperienced beginners at home. Chemical procedures can be superficial, median, or deep.
In the first case, fruit acids are used as a peeling substance:
- 20 percent salicylic and others.
The same salicylic, but 30%, as well as trichloroacetic acid, as well as Jessner’s solution during mid-cleansing, in addition to removing the dead surface, penetrate the upper layer of living dermis cells, stimulate the production of hyaluronic acid, elastin and collagen.
Deep peeling has a better effect, but also a greater likelihood of side effects. The procedure is quite painful, it affects all cells of the epidermis, up to the papillary layer. The active substance is phenol.
Photos before and after peeling
Features of house peeling
Superficial procedures that are not particularly dangerous should still be carried out with caution. First of all, this applies to easily vulnerable, problematic skin, on which there are foci of inflammation and irritation. Mechanical exposure to already damaged skin will aggravate the existing problem.
Cosmetic procedures should be preceded by preparatory measures, which must be carried out necessarily. If you decide to carry out peeling at home, do not neglect the advice of specialists, because only a professional can evaluate the condition of the skin and select the treatment method and composition of the products based on this examination.
Guided by the advice of a cosmetologist, it is worth giving preference mainly to natural mixtures, scrubs, and gommage.
When a specialist admits the possibility or even insists on a deep peeling using acids, you need to listen. However, in the first session of the procedure, funds should be used in which the acid is contained in the lowest percentage of other components of the peeling agent. Over time, it will be possible to increase the concentration of acids and the depth of penetration of the peeling.
A few weeks before face peeling at home, foods with a high content of vitamin A should be added to the diet, for example, cod and halibut liver oil, fish oil, beef liver and pork. Beta-carotene-rich fruits and vegetables (carrots, parsley, broccoli, red pepper, beets and others) will also be beneficial.
Finished products purchased in cosmetic stores should be opened before application to the skin. Home-made mixtures also do not tolerate long-term storage: it is necessary to grind and mix the components a few minutes before the procedure.
The latest preparations are a test for tolerance and cleansing of the skin. About an hour before the cleansing mass is directly applied to the face, the same mass should be applied with light massaging movements on the wrist. Only slight tingling in the treated area is allowed.
In case of severe burning, redness, rash from peeling, it is better to refuse . If the test is successful, you can begin to prepare your skin.
Peeling is shown with:
- oily skin, acne, acne;
- dry skin, seborrhea, peeling;
- unhealthy complexion, sagging skin;
- acne scars and wrinkles;
- moles, age spots;
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
Face fitness for lifting the face contour, rejuvenation, muscle tone. Master class from Elena Karkukli
Peeling is prohibited when:
- open wounds, scratches, bruises;
- inflammation, allergic rashes, irritation;
- exacerbation of herpes;
- pregnancy and breastfeeding;
- intolerance to the substances that make up the peeling agent;
- mental, oncological, cardiovascular diseases, diabetes.
At what age do peeling
Begin such procedures as late as possible. Young skin is capable of self-cleaning and does not need artificial “cleaning”. Each girl should have an individual approach to choosing the moment when it is worth doing peeling. The need to cleanse the pores and get rid of dead skin cells may occur after 25-30 years.
However, if a solution to serious problems is required, and a dermatologist or cosmetologist confirms this, you can use peeling products immediately after 18. At an earlier age, resorting to the help of peeling is possible only in the most extreme cases.
How often can chemical peels be done
The natural forces of the body that contribute to the regeneration of skin cells allow young girls to do without grueling, sometimes painful cosmetic procedures. Therefore, 30-year-old beauties should not carry out the procedure more often 3 to 4 times a year. Ladies over 30 need to focus only on the results of peeling and on their general health.
Substances for home peeling
Facial peeling involves the use of special products containing chemical com
pounds. These include the so-called fruit acids.
They are divided into 2 types:
- alpha acids – citric, lactic, tartaric, malic, glycolic;
- the only beta acid is salicylic.
The purpose of their use is to help the skin get rid of the dead layer of the epidermis when it has lost this natural ability.
Alpha acids (mainly glycolic and lactic) are water-soluble, better help against freckles and age spots, suitable for surface cleaning of the skin.
Salicylic acid acts as follows:
- perfectly dissolves fatty substances,
- promotes the detachment of flakes accumulated on the surface of the skin,
- penetrates deep into the surface of the dermis,
- It has anti-inflammatory and drying effects
- heals abscesses
- cleans the pores from the inside.
The advantage of acids compared to mechanical peeling with proper use is the absence of injuries and irritations. Skin after acid peeling does not require long-term rehabilitation, the effect is more noticeable.
In addition to an individual adverse reaction, fruit acids do not cause side effects.
The only factor to consider is protection from sunlight immediately after the procedures. Based on this, this type of peeling is best done in the autumn-winter period.
Surface peeling preparations
Peeling will be more effective if you use products made by famous cosmetic companies such as Timeless Peel (Cosmedix), Texture Peel (La Sincere), Yellow Peel (Mene & Moy System), Milk peel (Dermaceutic) and others. However, at home it can be dangerous for the skin of the face. In this matter, professional skills are important.
Home surface peeling is best done with cosmetics made in your own kitchen. It will not bring immediate results, it will require repeated repetition and consolidation of the past, but low cost and minimizing the possible risks are worth it.
For the following recipes, even inexperienced girls will spend a minimum of money and a maximum of 1 hour of time, along with preparation and post-peeling procedures.
Here are the recipes:
- Alpha-hydroxyacid peeling: 30 g of yogurt, lemon juice and cane sugar should be thoroughly mixed and applied to the face for 15 minutes.
- Beta-hydroxyacid: in the beginning it is necessary to prepare a neutralizer (baking soda soaked in water), then treat the face with a mixture of 10 g of lemon juice and 1 tablet of acetylsalicylic acid. After 10 minutes, the acid mass should be wiped off with a cotton wool soaked in a neutralizer.
- Fruit peeling. In fully dissolved 10 g of honey and 30 g of gelatin, 100 g of papaya and pineapple puree should be added. The procedure itself lasts 15 minutes.
- A 20-minute salt peeling is suitable for oily skin: 10 g of baking soda and sea salt should be added to 20 g of face cream.
These are just a few face peeling recipes that can be done at home.
Preparation for home chemical peeling
It is first necessary to wash off the makeup with warm water or with a foam or gel intended for this. After that, you need to wipe the face with a degreasing lotion, and then with a weakly concentrated acid gel. Excess gel should be washed off carefully and the face should be dried with a towel.
There are 2 ways to conduct chemical peeling:
The first option involves the use of some force when rubbing an acid solution with a cotton pad into the skin of the face. The second is done with light movements, possibly even with a cosmetic brush, so that the skin of the face is covered with the product only superficially.
- Depending on the condition of the skin (neglected or in need of prevention only) and its characteristics (gentle vulnerable or rough), the chemical composition is maintained on the face from 5 to 15 minutes.
- After the indicated time has passed, it is necessary to stop the peeling process with a neutralizer and wash with warm water.
- The last stage is a soothing mask with moisturizer and a 30-minute relaxation with complete relaxation of the facial muscles.
Professional glycolic acid peeling at home
The easiest way to do glycolic acid peeling at home is with the help of professional products that are abundant on the shelves of cosmetic stores. However, it is well known that glycolic peeling at home for a person with more than 50% concentration of this acid is dangerous.
The main condition is testing for an allergic reaction.
Only on condition of its absence, you can begin preparation:
- In about two weeks preceding the procedure itself, products containing less than 10% glycolic acid should be introduced into skincare cosmetics.
- Before peeling, a soda solution (1 teaspoons baking soda per 1 tablespoon of water) should be prepared in advance to neutralize the acid mixture.
- Processing must begin with the frontal part. Carefully bypassing the area around the eyes, you should go to the nose, cheeks, chin and then to the neck.
- You need to use either a cotton pad – for aggressive peeling, or a brush – for gentle. In any case, it is necessary to achieve uniformity of the applied layer.
- Neutralize the acid with a cotton pad soaked in soda solution, it is necessary no later than indicated on the packaging of the glycol peeling agent. After that, the skin needs protection with a special cream with an SPF of at least 30.
The course of glycolic (35%) peeling consists of 3-6 procedures with an interval of 3-4 days, with 50% acid you can “peel” the face skin no more than once a week and carry out no more than 6 procedures per course. Despite the fact that the procedure takes no more than half an hour, it is important to give it a lot more time – at least 3 days – for the post-peeling rehabilitation period.
There are a number of prohibitions that apply to the peeling day and for the next two days:
- washing with soap;
- use of tonic;
- forced peeling of the scales formed after peeli
- sunbathing without a protective cream.
Lactic acid peeling (instructions)
All the main recommendations for surface chemical peeling at home apply to peeling masks based on lactic acid.
But there are several features:
- Lactic peeling can be performed after 25 years.
- You should start with a 25 percent agent and a 30-second exposure on the skin, gradually increasing the percentage of acid content and the treatment period.
- Do not exceed the duration of the session in 2-3 minutes and use acid with a concentration of more than 30%.
- After neutralization with a soda solution, it is necessary to wash yourself not with warm, but always with cool water.
Trichloroacetic Acid Peeling
The type and end result depend on the amount of trichloroacetic acid in the peeling agent. For surface peeling, a 15% TCA solution is enough, the middle one is carried out with a 20% solution, and for a deep peeling, a 40% solution is needed.
The duration of the session can be up to 20 minutes. An important feature is a long post-peeling period of home retreat – sometimes it reaches 7-10 days. It is during this time that the keratinized layer of the epidermis leaves the face on its own, exfoliating. To provoke premature exfoliation is dangerous. This can lead to scarring.
Homemade face peeling with salicylic acid
With salicylic acid at home, you can make two versions of the peeling solution:
- For dry skin, a simple mixture is suitable: 0,24 fluid ounce of oily cream with one tablet of regular aspirin. It can be kept on the face for up to 1 hour.
- On oily skin, it is better to apply a more complex composition of 0,51 fluid ounce of water, 0,17 fluid ounce of honey, a pinch of baking soda and one tablet of aspirin. Given the aggressive effects of this combination of substances, the procedure should not last more than 5 minutes.
An important feature of salicylic acid is the ability not to exfoliate keratinized cells, but to dissolve them, at the same time producing an antibacterial and anti-inflammatory effect.
Homemade peeling with fruit acid
Homemade fruit acid facial peeling is the safest. Masks are easy to prepare and use. They are relatively cheap compared to professional cosmetics.
It is enough to knead the fruits into the pulp and add oil or other components:
- 2 tablespoon is enough per 100 g of pineapple gruel honey and 1 tablespoon oat flour – the mixture is applied for 10 minutes;
- in a mixture of olive and rosehip oils (2 tablespoons each), it is enough to add only 10 drops of lemon juice and grease the skin of the face with this composition. Stand for 7 minutes;
- for 15-20 minutes you can apply 1 mashed baked apple on your face after mixing it with 1 teaspoons. honey.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
Facial massage according to the Japanese doctor Asahi Zogan.
With glycolic acid
A large amount of glycolic acid is found in unripe grapes and papaya. Funds made on their basis at home are many times safer and more pleasant to use than those released industrially. Due to its low molecular weight, the substance easily overcomes the existing barriers to the upper layers of the skin, rejuvenating it, smoothing wrinkles and roughness.
With calcium chloride
Peeling with calcium chloride is very affordable (a package of 10 ampoules of calcium chloride for injection can be purchased at any pharmacy for $ 0,68) and a very effective (exfoliation after the first session) method of exfoliation.
For its implementation, only calcium chloride itself, cotton pads and natural, without dyes, fragrances and preservatives of baby soap, will be enough.
For hard cleaning of oily skin, it is necessary to apply the contents of the ampoule 3 times on the skin, and on top of the dried preparation – soap foam. Taking into account all the preparations, manipulations, a 5-10 minute procedure and a 10-15 minute moisturizing cream, you can go out in a maximum of an hour, without forgetting to cover your face with sunscreen.
Fading wrinkled skin will regain its velvety smooth surface thanks to peeling with walnut shell powder.
For this, 2 tablespoon. crushed nuts in a coffee grinder are mixed with 100 g of fat sour cream, 2 tablespoon. puree raw black radish and 3 tablespoon. chamomile broth. The mixture is cooled in the refrigerator for about 10 minutes. The same amount should be kept on her face, after which she is washed off with milk and blotted on her face with a towel.
For peeling, you can use any salt, but better – sea salt. This recipe is suitable for any skin with a little refinement for specific types. For 1 teaspoons salt, take 2 teaspoons. oatmeal and 1 teaspoons honey (not sugared).
The following supplement is focused on a specific skin type: for dry – 1 tablespoon. olive oil, yolk, mayonnaise or sour cream are also suitable; for oily – 2 tablespoon. kefir, yogurt or low-fat sour cream. An important role is played by momentary use. The mixture is applied in massaging movements for 2-3 minutes, aged on the face for 5-7 minutes.
With brown sugar
Classic brown sugar is an unrefined cane product characterized by both excellent abrasive properties and a high content of nutrients.
For the preparation of masks and scrubs used as face peels at home, brown sugar is mixed with various components.
- A mixture of equal amounts of brown sugar and oatmeal is slightly diluted with milk.
- Sugar and cocoa powder are mixed in a small amount of warm water.
- Lemon juice, honey and sugar are thoroughly mixed and cooled.
One of the methods for peeling with sugar does not require mi
xing the ingredients – you just need to apply a foam on the face skin with a soapy cotton pad, dip the same soapy disk into sugar and massage it with your face.
From eggshell and lemon juice
Girls who expect from peeling not only to cleanse their face of keratinized particles, but also to whiten the effect, can be offered to use a mixture of lemon juice and eggshell. Before grinding, remove the film from the shell that separates it from the protein. Little juice is needed so that the shell powder adheres well to the skin and does not flow.
With rice and cottage cheese
It is possible to combine mechanical and chemical peeling with 1/2 teaspoons. rice flour with 1 tablespoon with a slide of cottage cheese (in dry cottage cheese for viscosity, you can pour 1 teaspoons of vegetable oil, preferably olive).
Combine peeling with aromatherapy will allow coffee grounds with various additives. For 1/2 teaspoons coffee and 1 teaspoons colorless henna is enough for a pinch of oregano, bergamot, basil and cinnamon.
A mixture of puree, boiled in a small amount of boiling water, is infused and even applied warmly to problem areas of the face for 1-15 minutes.
With citrus peels
Do not throw away the peels of orange and lemon. You can use them both together and separately. To do this, they must be very well dried, ground in a coffee grinder and slightly diluted with sour cream or cream. A light massaging application and a 10-15 minute rest for such a peeling is quite enough, after which sour cream with peels can be washed off with warm water.
Facial Whitening Peeling
Freckles, age spots, traces of acne, the effects of uneven tanning and burns will remove peeling for home use with a whitening effect. It is inexpensive and very effective. It can be performed twice a week. This is a 20-minute procedure for treating facial skin with a mass consisting of an equal amount of sour cream or cream (depending on skin type) and fresh lemon juice.
Peeling recipes by skin type
For combination skin type
50 g pineapple and papaya, 1 teaspoons each. Propolis and gelatin must be beaten with a blender, heated at low temperature in the microwave until the ingredients are completely dissolved, and after cooling, apply on face for 15 minutes. The mask is washed off with warm water.
For dry skin type
It is necessary to apply for 35 minutes to the face a freshly prepared mass of squeezed orange juice ( 3,38 fluid ounce), olive oil and fat sour cream or cream ( 1,69 fluid ounce each), combined in a glass bowl.
For normal to mixed skin types
Such a skin is suitable for a 15-minute mask from a light berry-yogurt combination: mashed ripe strawberries – 3 pcs. with the addition of 1 tablespoon. yogurt or kefir.
For oily skin
The best remedy is white clay (1 tablespoon), mashed with 0,68 fluid ounce of kefir, left on the face for 15 minutes.
Peeling essential oils
The addition of essential oils to homemade peeling products guarantees an increase in the anti-aging effect, the absence of side effects, and the removal of irritation.
Aromatherapy has a beneficial effect on the hormonal background of the skin, active substances contribute to the regeneration of the skin.
The peeling mass, based on oatmeal, ground into flour, should contain one drop of lavender and clove essential oils, two – oils from cinnamon leaves and 5 drops of grape seed oil. Evenly and easily applied to the face, the mass should act on the cells of the epidermis for 15-20 minutes.
Results after chemical peeling
The principle of chemical peeling is to accelerate the process of exfoliating keratinized particles of the epidermis, cleansing pores, smoothing wrinkles, and renewing facial skin.
Chemical peeling stimulates the body to produce:
- hyaluronic acid.
Due to this, roughnesses, tubercles from acne scars are smoothed out, the general tone increases.
Hardware peeling at home
To enhance the effect of mechanical and chemical peeling, various technical means are used, some of which can be used at home.
There are several types of devices for exposure to the skin of the face:
- Brossage is a complex procedure consisting of peeling with massage elements. After applying the cosmetic product on the face, it is massaged along the massage lines with the help of an apparatus, on the axis of which brushes made of natural bristles are worn. Brossage helps soften dead cells of the epidermis, enhances blood circulation, improves metabolism. In the absence of funds for the purchase of an electrical device at home, you can use a massage brush. Oriflame brushes for daily use have proven themselves very well. They are distinguished by the presence of two speed modes, high-quality cleansing of pores, and contribute to their reduction.
- Ultrasonic peeling pleases with quick positive changes, noticeable after the first session. The use of a laser reduces the degree of skin injury, improves metabolic processes in tissues, and stimulates protein synthesis. The leaders in ultrasound equipment include the American development LW 006, which has a domestic license. In addition to peeling, the device is also able to carry out massage and deep cleaning. The presence of clear instructions, ease of use, cost-effectiveness and practicality made it very popular.
- Vacuum units are distributed through a specialized retail network. With their help, you can quickly and effectively improve complexion, significantly speed up the process of cleansing pores, blood supply, epidermis regeneration. One of the best representatives is the PowerPerfectPore MC 0084 vacuum cleaner, designed for daily care. It improves the effect of creams, masks, scrubs, accelerates the cleaning of the skin from keratinized particles.
Microdermabrasion implies a powerful ejection of microscopic particles of alumina crystals onto the skin surface, which polish the dermis, help smooth out wrinkles, acne tubercles, and scars. The power of the device can be adjusted, which allows you to start with low pressure and gradually increase the degree and depth of exposure. The AlviPrague model A-02 diamond dermabrasion machine is equipped with a useful additional cold therapy function,
9 nozzles with diamond spraying. With it, peeling will turn into a pleasant, painless procedure with a great effect.
- Laser face peeling combines efficiency and eliminates the appearance of negative consequences even with deep penetration of laser beams. There are two types of laser devices: for cold peeling (Fraxelrestore DUAL, Palomar StarLux500, ClearandBrilliance) and for hot (SmartXide DOT CO 2, PalomarLux 1540, BizonMore-XelScanning, GentleMax).
Is it possible to do laser peeling at home
These devices are innovative. Security measures are not fully developed. Therefore, only highly qualified specialists are allowed to work with them, and at home, the use of laser peeling devices is dangerous.
How to care for skin after peeling
There is a minimum set of measures recommended after any of the existing types and types of peeling:
- In the first minutes after the procedure, it is necessary to neutralize the active substances that make up the peeling products.
- Depending on the type of peeling, you need to wash your face with either cool or warm water.
- The most important stage of post-peeling care is moisturizing the skin with cosmetics designed for a specific type of skin.
- To accelerate the regeneration of dermal cells, creams containing panthenol, bisabolol and retinol are used, and antioxidants are used to protect against environmental influences.
- Even in cloudy weather, when going outside, apply sunscreen with an SPF of at least 50.
- After a peeling carried out at home, during the entire rehabilitation period (1.5-2 months), sunbathing and decorative cosmetics should be completely abandoned.
Subject to all the recommendations received from a professional cosmetologist, facial skin will delight the hostess and others with their fresh appearance, health and lack of problems for months or even years.
Video on the topic: face peeling at home
Deep peeling at home, see the video clip:
How to carry out acid peeling at home, find out in the video clip: