When planning to perform exercises for the buttocks at home, it is most important to understand what training at home should include, what is the correct technique for doing the exercises, and many other features.
- Training program at home
- The best effective exercises for the buttocks
- “Buttock bridge”
- “Walking on the buttocks”
- Steps With Knee Raising
- Hip sideways
- Exercise Equipment
- Step platform
- Training results
- Video: exercises for the buttocks
Training program at home
Nobody controls or adjusts the homework technique at home. Therefore, before you begin to actively engage in sports without prior physical preparation, you should definitely make sure of safety precautions.
In particular, it is important:
- Carefully study the description of the exercises.
- Find a video demonstrating the technique of each exercise. There are a lot of them in the network and searching is not difficult.
- Control your movements in front of the mirror.
- Ask someone close to follow the correct execution.
You should independently study all the necessary conditions for the training. A well-formed workout begins with a warm-up and ends with a stretch.
The best effective exercises for the buttocks
Exercises for buttocks at home are varied and differ somewhat in the degree and quality of the load.
For regular classes, it is recommended to alternate exercises. It’s not worth striving to complete all known exercises in one workout, 3-4 is enough. How exactly to alternate them depends on personal preferences and training goals.
The main thing when choosing exercises and drawing up an individual training program is not to allow the muscles to get used to the same load.
For a beginner in sports, at first it may be difficult to carry out exercises even under the weight of his own body. However, during regular training, endurance increases, and so that the result does not stand still, the load will need to be gradually increased.
At home, exercises for the buttocks can almost always be easily supplemented with a pair of dumbbells, the weight of which will also have to be increased over time. Therefore, for those who are serious about long workouts, you can immediately recommend purchasing a set of stacked dumbbells in order to ensure yourself to further increase the effectiveness of classes.
While working on the technique, one more thing needs to be taken into account: human physiology is individual, therefore, no description of exercises can contain comprehensive information about the correct distances when setting reference points and the width of the amplitude of movements.
Following the general instructions, you need to listen to your body, track your own feelings. This will help to “catch” those positions of the body at which the target muscles receive the most effective load. And only after pre-training and testing the technique, you can proceed directly to the training cycle, moving from theory to practice.
- The exercise is performed lying face down, at the starting position, arms are extended forward.
- As you exhale, you need to simultaneously tear your arms, chest and legs off the floor, trying to strain your lower back as much as possible.
- Upstairs linger for a couple of seconds and return to the starting position.
Exercise for the buttocks “Superman” is especially recommended to be included in the training program for beginners at home, as it is one of the safest and at the same time effective for the spine.
- It is performed lying on your back. The legs are bent at the knees with a strong emphasis on the feet on the floor, hands are laid along the body.
- Taking a breath, and squeezing the buttocks with force, you need to raise them to a position in which a straight line forms from the shoulders to the knees.
- Upstairs linger for a couple of seconds, squeeze the buttocks even harder and exhale back to their original position.
Do not make too large or small an angle between the lower leg and thigh, and also do not need to tear off the foot from the floor. The push goes through the heels, therefore, for safety reasons, the neck should not rest against the floor.
- Feet shoulder width apart, gaze directed forward. The position of the hands does not matter, you can choose any convenient for yourself.
- Start squatting. In this case, the knees move strictly straight, in the direction of the socks and in no case not to the side.
It is important when doing all types of squats – knees should in no case go beyond the socks. This is a fundamental rule which, if not followed, can cause excessive strain on the knees and result in personal injury.
It is also forbidden to round the back and tear the heels off the floor during these exercises. It is important to ensure that the back is even with a slight deflection. When lowering, take a breath, while lifting – exhale.
Novice athletes can try to do the exercise, resting their socks on the wall to prevent the knees from going forward. Remembering this position, you can continue on without the help of the wall.
- The legs are wider than the shoulders and on one straight line, the socks should be turned as far away as possible with the heels inward, the back is straight.
- Start crouching, keeping the vertical position of the body, try to crouch as low as possible.
It must be remembered that at the top of the squats, the knees do not fully extend.
Sumo squats are often confused with Plie. However, these exercises have their differences. In the “Plia”, the pelvis should not go much backward, but for the “Sumo” just giving the body forward with the pelvis back.
And if the performance of the exercise in the Plie technique is aimed at overcoming your own weight, then the Sumo squats can be performed with a serious burden. The deeper the squat, the more efficient the gluteal muscles.
The starting position for squats in this technique is the same as the starting position for other types of squats.
- To perform a lunge, you need to take a wide step forward, trying to put your legs on the same line.
- Next, go
down on the inhale and rise to the starting position on the exhale. Then repeat on the other leg.
The knee of the extended leg should not extend beyond the toe, as when performing squats, and the knee of the supporting leg should not touch the floor. The back always remains straight with a slight deflection in the lower back, otherwise the load is shifted from the buttocks to other muscle groups.
The great advantage of the flies is that they give the least strain on the knees. There are several options for leg swings, designed for different muscle groups:
- Back. The starting position is standing at the support. On inhalation, the straight leg is laid back, the heel is up. On exhalation – return to the starting position.
- Forward. The initial position is standing, hands on the belt or to the sides. When you inhale, raise your straight leg forward as high as possible, with your toe toward you, ideally – parallel to the floor. On exhalation – return to the starting position.
- To the side. Initial position – standing, arms extended forward. On inhalation, the straight leg is laid aside, the sock – from itself. On exhalation – return to the starting position.
- Lying down. Initial position – lying down, legs straight, emphasis on the shoulder. On inspiration, raise the straight leg, pull the toe to the ceiling. Do not bend your knee. On exhalation – return to the starting position.
It is important when performing all versions of swinging legs – the back should remain straight, the body does not deviate in the direction of movement. Mach is carried out by muscle strength, it is important to avoid inertia movements.
The exercise is designed to perform with dumbbells. His technique: legs shoulder width apart, lean forward to floor level and without stopping below immediately begin to straighten the body.
The main point of the exercise is the legs are almost straight, the minimum bend in the knees, the dumbbells in the hands slide vertically along the legs, and when tilted, the pelvis is slightly bent back. It is forbidden to tilt your head down, round your back and make a stop at the lowest point.
- Initial position – lying on your back, legs extended, arms parallel to the floor.
- On the exhale, straight legs are raised simultaneously, as well as the shoulders and the thoracic spine.
- Now you need to tighten the muscles of the buttocks as much as possible and hold out for about two minutes. Advanced athletes can do more, but beginners can start with a few seconds.
When performing the exercise, do not hold your breath, look at the toes of the legs.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
Morning exercises for those over 40, 50. Gym exercises for weight loss, video tutorials.
- Standing on straight legs, tilt the body to parallel with the floor. Hands on the belt or stretched forward.
- Then take the straight leg back so that it forms a straight line with the body.
- Repeat on the other leg.
You can perform an exercise with support to maintain balance.
It is important not to lower your arms and not round your back, to ensure that the supporting leg is straight, barely bent at the knee.
- The initial position is standing, hands on the belt, legs slightly crossed, support on the front leg, when the leg remains on the toe at the back.
- On inspiration, you should sit down slowly, bending both legs, which remain in the lower position at a right angle.
- On exhalation, return to the starting position.
“Walking on the buttocks”
For the exercise, you must have a smooth mat and clothes that completely cover the buttocks. Direct posture is also important.
- Sit on the floor with legs extended so that there is a right angle between the floor and the body, arms bent at the elbows.
- Making a “step”, the leg with the buttock is advanced forward so that the leg remains on weight.
- The next “step” with the other foot, and so on.
- To take the correct position, you need to go to the wall and press your back against it tightly.
- Then take a step from the wall and put your feet at shoulder level. Hands are also pressed to the wall.
- From this position, slide along the wall until the angle at the knees becomes straight and the hips are parallel to the floor.
- Hold for a minute or for as long as possible.
It is important to focus on the heels, do not hold your breath, do not close your hips.
- Lie down on the mat and press your back against the floor.
- Then raise your legs and perform movements as if riding a bicycle.
Lead time – from a minute, depending on the degree of endurance.
Steps With Knee Raising
- Stand straight, legs at shoulder level, arms freely lowered.
- Slowly and smoothly raise legs alternately, bending at t
he knees, to a position in which the knee is above the waist. Avoid leaning forward, do not try to raise the knee to the highest possible height, do not bend the supporting leg.
- The initial position is standing with your hand on a support (a wall or chair will do).
- One leg is supportive, stands firmly on the floor. On the exhale, take the second, slightly bent at the knee, to the side to an angle of 45 degrees, on inspiration, return to the initial position. In this case, the body is stationary, the movements are smooth.
Exercises for the buttocks can be especially effective with the use of simulators, but since it is possible to keep 1-2 small simulators at home, it makes sense to replace them and vary the exercises. A few basic ideas:
- a chair or a hard couch instead of a gym bench,
- an expander as a replacement of the simulator for mixing and breeding legs,
- water bottles instead of dumbbells.
- Lie on your fitness ball belly with your hands behind your head or arms crossed. Bend your toes straight to the floor. At this point, the back remains relaxed, the body just freely lies on the ball.
- After inhaling, you need to straighten the body so as to fully straighten. It is important to slightly tuck the lower back so as not to create an excessive load on it.
- In the initial position, stand on inspiration and repeat the set number of times.
Exercise “Gluteus bridge”:
- The initial position is lying on the mat on the back, feet on the fitball and tightly pressed.
- On inspiration, the pelvis goes up, without excessive bending. Stay in this position for a few seconds.
- As you exhale, drop to the floor.
Reverse Bridge Exercise:
- Initial position – lying on a rug on his back, the ball is pressed to the floor with his ankles, hands along the body.
- On inspiration with tension of the muscles of the buttocks and abs, raise the pelvis and roll the ball to you. Stay in this position for 60 seconds or longer.
- Repeat the exercise, not returning fully to the initial position, but maintaining balance due to support on the hands.
- Legs at shoulder level, arms bent at the elbows and pressed to the body.
- Take a step to the platform, hands go up.
- Become in a starting position, hands down.
- Repeat on the other leg as many times as needed.
Of these exercises, dumbbells can complement all the squats, lunges and steps.
You can add to them:
- Lunges to the side. Dumbbells in hands, arms bent at the elbows. Lean the whole body forward until an angle of 45 degrees is formed. Take the pelvis back. Next, take one step to the side with a squat on the leading leg, the second leg remains straight.
- Steps. For this exercise you will need a step platform. Step one step at a time with each foot, pressing the dumbbells to the sides. You can perform the exercise on an ordinary staircase or build a small elevation from improvised materials, the main thing is that it is stable.
To create a greater load on the muscles of the buttocks during training on an ellipsoid, there are 3 options:
- Perform walking on slightly bent legs, in a semi-squat.
- Walk in the opposite direction.
- Walk with the body tilted forward.
The main condition for the appearance of training results is their regularity. It is better to moderate, but constantly train once a week, than from time to time to overload the body. You need to be prepared for the fact that visible results will not appear immediately.
It is believed that about a month will be required in order to see the changes yourself, and about 3, so that others begin to notice them.
A useful tip is to find a way to maintain sports interest so that constant exercises for the buttocks do not become a burden over time. At home, you will have to look for your own way to draw inspiration and continue to work, among them:
- It is useful to photograph yourself every week, because changes occur gradually and may go unnoticed.
- It’s also good to keep a training diary to track your dynamics – what is done, when and how much. The number of approaches, the weight of dumbbells – all this is important, and most importantly – motivating information.
And last but not least. To build a slim figure, training alone is not enough, this is only half of the success components. The second half is a balanced diet. The balance of proteins, fats and carbohydrates must be correctly varied depending on the specific goals of training. Only in a combination of training and the right diet will it be possible to achieve the desired changes.
Video: exercises for the buttocks
Effective exercises for the buttocks at home to prepare for the summer:
The best exercises for the buttocks. We train at home: