If there is a desire to give freshness to the color of the hair, but do not want to resort to classical dyeing, since it can harm the condition of the hair, you can resort to the tinting procedure.
This is such a coloring, as a result of which the pigment is fixed on the surface of the hair without penetrating inside and without causing harm to its health.
You can understand what effect the procedure provides by reading the photo before and after toning.
- Varieties of hair tinting
- Types of tinting agents
- How to choose the right shade
- Dark hair
- Brown hair
- Red hair
- Do I need to discolor before tinting
- Features of tinting dyed and natural hair
- How long does the effect last
- Ways to tint
- Toning technique step by step
- Rules for tinting hair for beginners
- Hair tinting
- Colorless tinting
- Dark hair tinting
- Toning blond hair
- Tinting red hair
- Toning Brown Hair
- Black hair toning
- Toning gray hair
- Hair tinting after highlighting
- How to get an ashy shade
- How to wash off a tinting agent
- Video on the topic: Secrets of hair tinting. Photos before and after the procedure
Varieties of hair tinting
Depending on the composition of the tinting agent, the procedure is classified into 3 types:
- Easy tinting . It is carried out with tinted shampoos, sprays, crayons and mascara, as well as natural dyes. Color begins to wash off after the first shampoo.
- Gentle toning. As a coloring composition, paints without ammonia and hydrogen peroxide are used, as well as various tonics for hair. The pigment is kept on the hair from 2 to 4 weeks.
Intensive tinting. It is carried out by semi-permanent paints, in the composition of which there is a small proportion of ammonia compounds. The effect of the procedure lasts up to several months.
The choice of the type of staining directly depends on what result you need to achieve.
Types of tinting agents
Hair tinting can be done using cosmetic or natural dyes. The result of exposure to the hair of each of them can be found in the before and after photos, which are presented below.
Several factors can affect the choice of a particular type of coloring agent. These include the initial state of the hair, the desired result and the duration of the effect of each remedy.
Cosmetics for tinting hair include:
- Shampoo is the most popular hair tint. With it, you can neutralize an unnecessary shade after staining.
- Spray – the effect of use manifests itself instantly. The use of this tool helps in painting overgrown roots or gray strands.
- Mousse is the easiest tinting composition to use. It is applied easily and does not flow. When using does not give unexpected results.
- Semi-permanent paint – used for intensive toning. With its help, the most dramatic color change with the help of tinting is possible.
- Balms or hair conditioners can also be used for toning.
- Toning hair mask. It does not change the original shade, but only refreshes and gives it shine.
All cosmetic products for tinting include vitamins and caring components. Thanks to which the use of these drugs allows not only to change the shade of the hair, but also to improve their condition.
Natural substances for tinting hair:
- Chamomile broth gives a beautiful shade of gold to blond hair.
- Means containing walnuts will help to give brown hair a shade of golden to brown.
- Onion peel. Using a decoction of it will help give gray strands a natural shade.
- Lemon juice gives curls a noble shine. With it, you can also slightly lighten the original hair color.
- Henna and Basma allow you to give your hair the desired shade from golden to blue-black. To obtain the desired result, you can use henna in its pure form or mix it with basma. These substances are natural dyes, so they do not cause allergies and do not harm hair. However, the effect of their use lasts long enough.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
Fashionable hair colors this year. Photos and trends of hairdressing.
How to choose the right shade
To be sure of the result of toning, you need to know the basics of color. So, a bright ash tint applied to blond hair with a yellow tint will give a dirty green tint instead of what is desired. Below are some recommendations for the selection and compatibility of shades.
Hair tinting (photos before and after which you need to look for a more complete picture of the procedure) for owners of dark strands is complicated by the fact that they are limited in their choice of color. Cardinal changes in the image with the help of such staining cannot be achieved, but it is quite realistic to refresh and improve the condition of the hair.
The following shades should be used:
The fair-haired women were more fortunate. The shade on their hair as a result of tinting appears brighter and richer.
The cold shade of the original color allows the use of pearl, silver, smoky and wheaten shades. With a warm tone, honey, caramel, mustard and copper shades are best combined. Also, all shades of walnut color are suitable for them.
Blondes with tinting can not only emphasize the depth of the natural color, but also completely change the image.
On fair hair, absolutely any pigment will appear.
Owners of red strands can emphasize the individuality of the hairstyle or add bright accents to it with the help of tinting.
- the Red tree;
- golden copper;
- cinnamon color;
- red copper.
Do I need to discolor before tinting
Any tone will fall well on fair hair, which means that blondes
do not need to expose their curls once again to the aggressive effects of brighteners.
For brunettes and redheads, the situation is somewhat different. With the help of tinting, they will not be able to radically change the color of the hair, it will differ from the original by 1-3 tones. If a dramatic change in the color of the hairstyle is required, then before tinting, you must first lighten the hair.
However, there are several nuances in toning bleached hair:
- The tinting procedure can be carried out no earlier than 2 days after clarification.
- If the bleached hair is badly damaged, it is better to refuse tinting to avoid uneven coloring.
- If the hair was subjected to perm, then tinting is recommended to be abandoned for at least 2 months.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
Fashionable bob haircut for medium hair. Photo, front and rear view.
Features of tinting dyed and natural hair
Hair tinting (before and after photos are presented below) that have not previously been dyed can help determine whether a particular shade is suitable for a particular girl. Thanks to tinting, you can often change the image without harming the hair.
The procedure for toning previously dyed hair will help mask the regrown roots. She is also able to rid her hairstyle of unwanted shades, resulting from a full color.
How long does the effect last
The duration of the preservation of the result after toning the hair directly depends on their condition, the means selected for the procedure, and the type of procedure. The table below shows data for normal hair.
|Dye type||Effect duration|
|Semi-permanent paint||Up to 2 months|
|Hue shampoo||1-2 shampoos|
|Balms and conditioners||2-4 weeks|
|Sprays, mousses, foams, crayons, mascaras and masks||Up to 2 weeks, however, in practice, the pigment begins to wash out after the first hair wash|
Ways to tint
Depending on the result that you plan to obtain as a result of tinting, there are several methods for this procedure. Gentle staining can only ends or roots. This technique is needed to align the color of the hairstyle.
Such a need may arise after unsuccessful staining, or when the paint begins to unevenly “wash out” of the hair. If the color of the curls is even and you just need to refresh their appearance or slightly adjust the shade, tinting is performed for the entire length of the hair.
Toning technique step by step
Hair tinting (photos before and after prove its effectiveness) may technically differ depending on the type of product chosen. In the case of toning with a tinted shampoo, it must be applied to wet hair, foam and rinse before the water becomes clear. The procedure needs to be repeated twice.
The use of regular shampoo before tinting is not necessary, since the tinting agent in this category has cleansing properties.
When conducting gentle staining with paint, the algorithm of actions will be as follows:
- Wash hair with sulfate-free shampoo.
- Allow them to dry naturally.
- Apply oily cream along the hairline for easy removal of the coloring composition from the skin.
- Prepare the paint according to the instructions.
- Apply it to hair, covering strand by strand. Comb hair comb with rare teeth.
- Withstand the composition on curls for as long as indicated in the instructions.
- Wash off with plenty of water.
During staining with mousse or foam, the same pattern is followed.
Rules for tinting hair for beginners
When self-tinting hair for the first time you need to know the basic rules of this procedure:
- It is not recommended to tint heavily damaged hair. In this case, it is advisable to undergo a course of rehabilitation therapy.
- You can not tint hair if it was painted with henna or basma. When interacting with these substances, tinting preparations can give an unexpected color result.
- In the absence of full confidence in the correctness of the selected shade before dyeing, you can check the result on a thin strand of hair in the back of the head.
- To obtain a uniform shade, the coloring composition must be quickly applied to the strands.
- Split ends before toning is better to cut.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
Fashionable bob cut for short hair. Photo, front and rear view.
Toning hair (before and after photos is attached) without changing the color of the strands is a relatively new technique. Otherwise, it is called “shielding.” During the procedure, the curls are processed with a colorless tinting composition that envelops each hair with a kind of film.
The procedure has some similarities with lamination and is carried out to improve
the general condition and appearance of the hair. It gives them a noble shine and extra volume, helps in the fight against naughty curls – after colorless tinting they lend themselves better to styling.
Also, coating the hair with a colorless composition helps to prolong the effect after dyeing. Due to enveloping the hair, the pigment is fixed inside it for a significantly longer period of time.
Dark hair tinting
The most popular directions in dyeing dark hair now are:
- Ombre. A dyeing technique in which the root part of the hair is darker than at the ends with a distinct transition from one color to another.
- Shatush. Coloring strands in this technique is similar to amber. However, the line of color transition from one to another is smooth and blurry.
Balayazh. This technique involves stretching the color along the entire length of the curl. With this technique, it creates the effect of additional volume and glare on the hair.
If the dark strands are protonated in one of these ways, then you can give the hairstyle more expressiveness and personality.
Toning blond hair
For fair-haired women, there are also many options for dyeing hair. The most popular of them is armoring . This technique involves staining some strands in a dark color. Curls become more stylish and neat.
To tint blond hair, it is not recommended to use too dark shades from the color palette of brunettes or brown-haired women. When stained with such tones, the output may produce a “dirty” shade. When choosing a shade, it is important to take into account that on blond hair, any color will look slightly lighter than the sample.
Tinting red hair
The natural pigment, which gives the hair a red color, is persistent and difficult to change. With tinting, the maximum that can be achieved is to shade the natural red color to give it a greater brightness. Another option is colorless tinting. It does not harm the condition of the strands at all, but only improves their appearance.
Toning Brown Hair
A yellow shade often appears on naturally blond hair. To combat it, it is recommended to tint brown hair. To neutralize the unwanted yellowness of curls and give them an ashy shade, it is recommended that you wash your hair with shampoo 3-4 times a month.
If there is a desire to lighten the natural tone a little, tinting with semi-permanent paints is recommended.
Black hair toning
Black hair, like red, is practically not tinted. Through tinting, you can only give the hair a bluish tint. Shielding will help improve the condition of the strands.
A technique such as majimesh can be applied to black hair. It involves staining the middle part of individual curls. Thanks to this method, you can achieve the effect of strands burnt out in the sun.
Toning gray hair
Toning is not able to paint over gray hair. She can only give tone to the whitened locks. The procedure will give the desired effect only if the amount of “silver” on the head does not exceed 40% of the total mass of hair. At home, the use of mousse, shampoos or tinted balms is recommended.
Semi-permanent dye alone is better not to use, since only a professional can correctly choose the exposure time of the composition on the hair. The procedure for home tinting should be carried out as the tone is washed off. As a rule, on gray hair he begins to go away after about 10 days.
Hair tinting after highlighting
Almost always after highlighting, a hair tinting procedure is needed to obtain a more even tone without blue or pink tints. For tinting streaked hair, absolutely any of the means presented for these purposes will do. Sometimes professionals even combine several tones for coloring. Such a move allows you to get the result as close as possible to the desired.
How to get an ashy shade
The tone of the coloring agent should be selected taking into account the original color of the hair. To give an ashy shade to dark strands, it is necessary to conduct intensive toning with the selected cold shade of “ash”.
It is desirable that it be several tones darker than the original hair color. It is much easier for blond girls to achieve an ashy shade. It is enough for them to use shampoo or balm of the chosen shade.
Sometimes after unsuccessful dyeing, an ugly yellow hue appears on white hair. There are 2 ways to neutralize it . You can us
e a tinting composition, but the effect of its use will last a very modest period of time.
For the same purpose, it is possible to prepare a gentle coloring composition that does not harm the hair and lasts much longer on the tonic.
To prepare it you need:
- Squeeze 1 small spoonful of semi-permanent ash-colored paint into a pre-prepared container (not metal).
- Add 1 large spoonful of shampoo, balm and hydrogen peroxide to the paint.
- To thin and more evenly apply, add 1 large tablespoon of water to the resulting mixture, mix the composition and apply to hair. Leave on for 10 minutes.
How to wash off a tinting agent
It is not necessary to rinse the tint from the hair. You can wait a while, and she will go off on her own for several sessions of simple washing her hair. If the resulting shade does not fit the woman at all, or the tinting began to go unevenly, you can resort to using means that can reduce the pigment in one application.
Such funds include:
- Masks for homemade hair. Fat-free kefir or one of the vegetable oils, such as olive, burdock, and sunflower, is mixed with apple juice.
- American shampoo. It is made independently. It is necessary to mix the powder for clarification and shampoo in a 1: 1 ratio, apply to clean, damp hair, and froth the product with massaging movements. The effect is checked on separate strands and washed off when the desired result is achieved.
- Flushing. You can purchase a gentle composition for removing paint and hair in a specialized store.
Hair tinting differs from ordinary dyeing by a more gentle effect, but it is difficult to understand by the result immediately after dyeing what the hair is colored with. You can verify this by looking at the photos before and after staining.
Toning products will appeal to those who like to often change their image and want to keep their hair healthy.
Video on the topic: Secrets of hair tinting. Photos before and after the procedure
Secrets of hair tinting at home:
Toning brown hair: before and after photos: