Keratin is the basis of hair, its lack in the body leads not only to the loss of strength and attractiveness of curls, but also to their dryness and damage. And under the influence of modern aggressive external factors, including cosmetics, natural phenomena and constant stresses, the content of this substance in the body decreases.
The keratin recovery procedure, which is offered in salons, but can be done at home, will help replenish the reserves of this element.
- What is creatine
- The beneficial effect of the procedure on the hair
- Negative effect of the procedure on the hair
- The difference between salon and home keratin recovery
- Keratin Home Repair Kit
- Stages of the procedure at home
- Safety precautions
- Keratin selection criteria
- DNC characteristic
- Feature Estelle
- Characteristic Loreal
- Feature Cocochoco
- Feature L’anza
- Masks with aloe juice for keratin recovery
- Flaxseed oil straightening
- Smoothing hair with vinegar and oil balm
- Rinse with vinegar, mineral water and apple juice
- Balm with chamomile broth and cognac
- Tea Based Straightener
- Gelatin Recovery
- Mask with egg yolk
- Salt treatment
- Wash off keratin from hair
- Effect Duration
- Contraindications to keratin exposure to hair
- Keratin side effects
- Hair care after the procedure
- Reviews of specialists
- Hair Keratin Video
What is creatine
Creatine is an amino acid present in the muscle tissue of humans, animals, and fish. In the human body, creatine is formed from substances such as arginine, methionine and glycine. It accounts for 95% of the hair and serves as a nourishing base for them. Funds, which include creatine and its derivatives, strengthen the hair structure, give them shine and volume.
The beneficial effect of the procedure on the hair
The procedure for treating hair with keratin, or Brazilian hair restoration, can be carried out at home, having familiarized yourself with the application technique for this.
It has several advantages:
- instantly gives a healthy look to even very weak hair;
- has a therapeutic effect, the effect of which is achieved without chemical exposure;
- does not make locks heavy;
- the hair is carefully smoothed, the structure of the fibers is not damaged;
- Brazilian hair restoration can be re-carried out a week later after the procedure, the effect will be even better;
- hair after keratin treatment is reliably protected from ultraviolet rays;
- the hairstyle retains its original appearance in wet weather, the hair does not fluff;
Negative effect of the procedure on the hair
Keratin hair treatment has disadvantages:
- during the treatment procedure, the hair is exposed to high temperatures, without proper attention it is possible to damage the hair structure;
- As a result of keratin treatment, formaldehyde is released, which can harm the body. For this reason, pregnant and lactating mothers should refuse to restore curls in this way;
- Means that include keratin can cause an allergic reaction;
- The cost of cosmetic services in the salons remains high.
The difference between salon and home keratin recovery
The procedure for applying keratin to hair at home and in the salon is almost identical. To carry out the Brazilian restoration of the house, you will need to acquire a special keratin kit.
The difference between salon and home hair straightening is as follows:
- The salon employs specialists with experience and knowledge in the field of hair treatment. At home, without following the instructions, you can damage the structure of the hair;
- The salon procedure is much more expensive, even taking into account the money spent on the purchase of a keratin kit for home use;
- A specialist will spend less time applying keratin than a layman at home;
- When straightening the house, it is necessary to resort to outside help to evenly apply keratin, and not to burn the roots.
Keratin Home Repair Kit
The standard kit for restoring and straightening keratin hair at home includes the following components:
- Keratin Shampoo . He prepares hair for a medical procedure. In addition to keratin, provitamin B5 is often added to the composition;
- Serum. It acts instantly, giving hair strength;
- Keratin Balm. It has a fixing property, effectively moisturizes hair;
- Spray. Adds shine to hair and facilitates combing.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
Fashionable bob haircut for medium hair. Photo, front and rear view.
Stages of the procedure at home
Instructions for straightening keratin hair at home:
- Thoroughly clean hair from dirt with shampoo, which includes keratin;
- Hair should dry slightly in a natural way, it is not advisable to use a hair dryer at this stage;
- Curls are divided into several parts, serum is evenly applied to each, retreating 0’4 inch from the roots;
- The processed strands are covered first with polyethylene and then with a towel. The product is not washed off;
- After 30 minutes, you can go to the main stage – straightening. Each strand with a hair iron is treated with hot steam about 15 times;
- Moisturizing balm is applied to straightened hair, which will fix the work done, will strengthen the result. The balm is washed off a few minutes after application to the hair;
- The final stage is to spray balm – spray along the entire length of the hair, and blow dry the curls with a hairdryer.
In the process of hair straightening with keratin, a toxic gas, formaldehyde, can be released. In order to avoid negative consequences on the body, it is necessary to observe safety measures, especially if the procedure is carried out at home:
- It is necessary to open a window in the room so that the room is quickly ventilated.
Attention: the bathroom is not suitable for the implementation of the procedure in question, since the pungent odors from cosmetics will accumulate in one place;
- To protect mucous surfaces from vapors, it is recommended to wear glasses and a mask;
- It is necessary to apply cosmetics on ringlets with gloves;
- To protect your ears from a burn that can happen while pulling your hair with an iron, you need to use special silicone ear pads.
Tip: you can build pads from improvised means, for example, from fabric.
Keratin selection criteria
A large assortment of cosmetic sets based on keratin is presented on the market, therefore, in order not to waste money and choose a quality product, you must:
Learn the composition. The more keratin in
the product, the better. In counterfeit goods, the main component is very small (about 10%);
- Verify the authenticity of the purchased product. It is better to purchase funds on the official websites of the cosmetic company or in salons, so that if you wish, you can request a certificate of quality;
- Pay attention to the form of release. Caution should be given to products sold at bottling. In this case, the risk of acquiring a fake product is high;
- Choose a product at the best price. Too cheap a product is usually ineffective, and in some cases can harm the body.
Advantages of keratin funds from the company DNC:
- the composition includes natural ingredients;
- increases hair volume;
- prevents hair loss;
- small volume vials;
- the effect of the drug is short-term, it is often necessary to repeat the procedure.
The advantages of the Estelle keratin range:
- hair gets a healthy look;
- does not make locks heavy;
- strands are easy to comb after this remedy.
Like any product, Estelle has its drawbacks:
- hair loss after using the product;
- individual intolerance to the body of certain components of the drug;
- counterfeit goods are often found on the market.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
Fashionable bob cut for short hair. Photo, front and rear view.
- quickly restores hair;
- forms a protective layer against ultraviolet rays;
- gives hair shine, silkiness.
- high price;
- a cosmetic product is difficult to wash off if you do not follow the instructions.
The advantages of keratin funds of this company:
- hair after the first procedure becomes smooth, silky;
- pleasant smell of keratin-based shampoo;
- gives volume to hair, curls are easy to comb.
- Short-term effect of a cosmetic product.
Advantages of the keratin kit of the American company:
- revitalizes even very weak hair;
- curls acquire a natural shine, easy to comb;
- short-term effect;
- counterfeit products are often found on the market;
Masks with aloe juice for keratin recovery
Aloe is a vitamin-rich plant whose juice is often used for hair care. Aloe juice contains keratin in its composition, so masks based on it effectively repair damaged curls.
A nourishing mask can be prepared at home without spending financial resources on the purchase of expensive cosmetics. The recipe is as follows: 1 teaspoons Aloe juice is mixed with the juice of half a lemon, a few drops of rosemary oil must be added to the resulting mixture.
Caution: a keratin mask is applied to dry hair , because the consistency of the product is quite liquid, and can easily spread from wet curls. It is recommended to keep the prepared mask on your hair for a quarter of an hour, then rinse thoroughly with water, without using shampoo.
Flaxseed oil straightening
Effectively and safely straighten hair with linseed oil, for which it is necessary to combine 1 tablespoon. oil with 1 tablespoon. water, the resulting mixture is boiled for half an hour over low heat. The made product based on flax oil is an excellent substitute for hair straightening. Linen gel is applied to wet hair, which must then be dried with a hairdryer and comb.
Smoothing hair with vinegar and oil balm
If the house has apple cider vinegar and oil (almond or olive), you can use them to prepare a mask that is no less effective in properties than purchased keratin for hair.
At home, it is prepared as follows: 2 tablespoon. vinegar mixed with 2 tablespoon. water and with 1 teaspoons oils. The resulting mask is applied to the hair for half an hour, then thoroughly rinsed with warm water without shampoo.
Rinse with vinegar, mineral water and apple juice
There is an effective way to restore damaged curls, giving them shine and a healthy look with the help of vinegar, apple juice and yolk. A mask based on these components is prepared in this way: squeezed juice from 1 apple is mixed with 2 tablespoon. vinegar and with 1 chicken yolk.
In the mixture, add 1 tablespoon. mineral water. The made apple mask is applied to wet hair for 40 minutes. Then it must be washed off with warm water.
Balm with chamomile broth and cognac
The healing balm made from a decoction of chamomile, cognac and honey, not only resto
res the hair structure, but also contributes to their rapid growth. First, a decoction is prepared: 3 tablespoon. dry inflorescences must be ground in a coffee grinder, then pour 2 tablespoon. boiling water and leave to infuse for 40 minutes.
2 teaspoons is added to the cooled drug honey, and as much cognac. The balm should be applied to clean, wet hair. After half an hour, the healing balm is washed off with warm water.
Tea Based Straightener
You can get rid of naughty curly hair with a strong tea drink. A natural straightener is being prepared according to the following recipe: 2 tablespoon. tea leaves are poured 1 tablespoon. boiling water. For better fixation of curls, the drink must be sweetened with 2 tablespoon. Sahara.
Strands processed with tea are thoroughly combed and dried naturally. After complete drying, the hair must be washed with warm water. The effect of the procedure will continue for a couple of days, the hair will be smooth and obedient.
Gelatin hair mask perfectly restores and straightens curls. For its preparation, you need to dilute 3 large tablespoons of gelatin in 1 tablespoon. boiling water. The mixture should turn out without lumps.
Tip: so that the gelatin is washed off without effort, it is recommended to add a little hair balm to the mask.
The cooled product is applied to clean, damp hair for 30 minutes, then rinsed off with water without the use of shampoo.
Mask with egg yolk
The mask, which includes yolk and honey, perfectly regenerates the hairline. Its recipe is as follows: 1 tablespoon is required per 1 yolk honey. The ingredients are mixed, the resulting mixture is applied along the entire length of the hair, it is recommended to pay special attention to the root zone.
Treated curls are wrapped in polyethylene, and then in a towel. Half an hour after applying the healing product, the hair must be washed with warm water and shampoo.
Rubbing grains of salt into the scalp helps to remove dead as well as poorly functioning cells. Due to this, blood circulation in the skin cells improves, hair follicles begin to act more efficiently, and rapid hair growth occurs.
For the treatment of hair, you can use table, sea or iodized salt. The main condition is that the raw material should not be too finely ground, otherwise there will not be a proper effect.
Wash off keratin from hair
To quickly wash keratin off your hair, it is recommended to wash your hair often with a shampoo that contains sulfates. A more effective way is to use a shampoo designed for deep cleaning. The methods under consideration allow keratin to be washed off curls without harm to the hair.
The duration of preservation of the effect of keratin hair restoration depends on the length of the curls, the condition of the hair at the time of treatment, and also on the frequency of shampooing. An important factor in this matter is the individuality of the organism. For owners of stiff and highly curly hair, even after the first shampoo, small waves may appear.
If you wash your hair once a week, you can enjoy straight hair for about 3 months. If the curls are washed twice a week, the effect of the procedure will disappear after a month. The obvious rule is that the less you wash your hair, the longer the straightening effect.
Contraindications to keratin exposure to hair
The use of keratin is contraindicated:
- pregnant and lactating mothers;
- with existing damage to the scalp;
- with severe hair loss;
- with diseases of the scalp;
- in case of an allergic reaction to the composition of keratin agents.
Keratin side effects
Depending on the individual reaction of the body to cosmetics, which include keratin, side effects such as:
- runny nose;
- lacrimation of the eyes;
- itching of the skin;
- bleeding from the nasal passages;
- redness of the eyes;
- respiratory tract irritation;
- skin rashes.
Hair care after the procedure
In order to prolong the effect of the treatment procedure, it is necessary to follow some recommendations the first 3 days after applying keratin:
- Refrain from washing your hair, as well as from walking in the rain, from visiting the pool. In other words, wetting hair at first is undesirable;
- To prevent the head from sweating during sleep, it is recommended to use pillowcases made of natural fabrics;
- The first few days it is advisable to abandon the hair dryer, curling iron and ironing;
- In order for keratin to be well absorbed into the hairline, the curls must be dissolved, hairpins, gum can harm the hair not yet matured;
- Varnishes, hair gels can enter into a chemical reaction with keratin, therefore, such funds must be discarded;
- Hair dyeing is allowed 2 weeks after straightening done;
- In order for straight and healthy curls to please as long as possible, it is necessary to use special shampoos and balms that preserve the effect of applying keratin to the hair.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
Fashionable hair colors this year. Photos and trends of hairdressing.
Reviews of specialists
Hairdressers pay attention to the fact that keratin hair restoration procedure can be carried out at home , for which a special set is purchased.
you strictly follow the instructions, you can achieve the following effect:
- curls shine, have a healthy appearance, are easy to comb, are easy to style and do not curl;
- hair does not fluff and does not get tangled even in wet weather;
- but the hair is lost in volume and the effect of the procedure is not long.
So, keratin recovery is an effective treatment for damaged hair , and performing the procedure at home with folk recipes will achieve high results without the use of chemicals. But the presence of contraindications and possible side effects requires careful weighing all the pros and cons, before conducting such a procedure.
Hair Keratin Video
How to apply keratin to hair at home:
Is keratinization effective at home: