Acne is an inflammatory process in the sebaceous ducts of the skin, which occurs as a result of the ingress and reproduction of microorganisms in them.
There are several types of acne:
- comedones (acne) – clogging pores with sebum,
- papules – an inflamed and painful red gum,
- pustules – the presence of purulent content, which manifests itself in the form of a white dot,
- nodular-cystic acne – occur deep in the dermis and are connected by fistulas.
How to remove acne and redness at home – this article describes in detail.
- Causes of Acne
- How to remove inflammation before extruding
- How to remove redness after extrusion
- The use of pharmaceuticals
- Using folk recipes
- How to relieve inflammation overnight
- The use of masks on yeast, oatmeal
- The use of cosmetic paraffin
- The use of a soda mask
- The use of Vishnevsky ointment, badyagi, baby cream
- Peppermint Lotion
- The use of cinnamon with honey
- Clay application
- The use of toothpaste
- Ice application
- The use of alcohol and tincture of calendula
- The use of hydrogen peroxide
- Eye drops
- The use of Levomekol, Differin, chlorhexidine
- Aloe application
- The use of tea tree oil
- The use of tar soap and iodine
- The use of cucumber and parsley juice
- Acne masking cosmetics
- Acne Prevention
- Dermatologists recommendations
- Video: how to remove redness from acne
Causes of Acne
Among the many causes of acne, two groups can be distinguished:
- Internal (endogenous) – associated with processes in the body:
- Genetic predisposition;
- Hormonal background. Acne often occurs in adolescence, during pregnancy, before menstruation, when hormonal changes in the body occur;
- Pathology of the gastrointestinal tract (dysbiosis, cholelithiasis);
- Skin type. Inflammation is more often characteristic of oily skin, as sebum is produced in excess. It clogs the pores and, mixed with dirt, becomes a favorable environment for the growth of bacteria and the onset of inflammation;
- Disorders of lipid metabolism.
- External (exogenous) – associated with the influence of factors from outside:
- Contaminated items that come in contact with the face (makeup brushes, bedding, hands, phone). Microorganisms accumulate on these objects, which, when in contact with the skin, provoke inflammation;
- Incorrectly selected cosmetics. The content of gum substances, alcohol, oils contributes to the clogging of pores;
- Features of nutrition (excessive consumption of fatty, starchy, dairy, canned);
- Improper skin care (frequent or insufficient washing, the habit of not washing off cosmetics at night, squeezing acne);
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
Face fitness for lifting the face contour, rejuvenation, muscle tone. Master class from Elena Karkukli
How to remove inflammation before extruding
Acne redness how to remove at home before extrusion:
- Chilled green tea;
- Chamomile broth frozen in ice cubes;
- Eye or nasal drops;
- Aloe pulp;
- Soda-saline solution;
How to remove redness after extrusion
After squeezing an acne, redness appears in the area of its localization, since this is a traumatic method for epidermal tissue. In addition, after extrusion, an infection can get into the wound from an acne.
To remove redness and disinfect the wound after extrusion will help:
- Tincture of calendula for alcohol;
- Means with salicylic acid;
- Pharmaceutical ointments based on dexpanthenol (bepanten, depantol), levomecol, chlorhexidine;
- Tea tree oil based products;
- Hydrogen peroxide.
The use of pharmaceuticals
To remove acne and redness at home, cosmetologists advise using pharmaceuticals that have proven effectiveness:
- Salicylic acid . It is used both in pure form and as part of various cosmetics (creams, ointments, lotions). The tool has anti-inflammatory and antibacterial effect;
- Ointments based on antibiotics (tetracycline ointment) are effective for purulent inflammations;
- Acne gels: dalacin (based on the antibiotic clindamycin), metrogil-dent (reduces inflammation through antibacterial action), curiosin (contains zinc and hyaluronic acid);
- Preparations of the retinoid group are analogues of vitamin A (isotretinoin, tretinoin, adapalene, tazarotene). Ointments reduce the secretion of sebum, and inflammation of the blackheads, regenerate damage.
Using folk recipes
Alternative recipes for inflammation do not work as effectively as pharmaceuticals, but have fewer side effects:
Infusions (tonics, decoctions) of plants : calendula, sage, chamomile, celandine, linden. Pour a tablespoon of grass with hot water and leave for 2 hours. Wipe your face several times a day with a cotton pad dipped in infusion. Herbs have anti-inflammatory properties;
Homemade masks . A cucumber mask (grated cucumber applied to the skin for a quarter of an hour) well removes redness. A clay mask (spread clay with water for 15 minutes) deeply cleanses the pores, regulates greasy, and prevents rashes. A potato mask (grated raw potatoes mixed with raw protein and applied to the face for up to 20 minutes) eliminates black spots. Kefir-oat mask (mix a spoonful of kefir with crushed cereal, spread on the face) reduces redness, dries the skin.
How to relieve inflammation overnight
How to remove acne and redness per night at home:
- Salicylic acid , which is applied with a cotton swab to a pimple before bedtime. The product has a bacterial and anti-inflammatory effect;
- Toothpaste. Contains triclosan and silicon dioxide, which reduce and dry acne;
- Tea tree oil. It is a natural antibacterial agent.
The use of masks on yeast, oatmeal
A yeast mask reduces acne, normalizes oily skin and smoothes wrinkles. Dilute the yeast powder with warm water to a uniform consistency, add lemon juice and protein. Apply the mask and hold for half an hour.
The oatmeal mask made of crushed cereal, kefir and egg white perfectly cleans the impurities in the pores, narrows them, reduces acne.
The use of cosmetic paraffin
A mask of cosmetic paraffin reduces the production of sebum, cleans pores from blackheads, due to their steaming and opening. Melt cosmetic paraffin (50 g) in a water bath to a temperature of 52-55 C and apply with a brush on the face.
Put a cotton wool or bandage on top with a thin layer and apply a layer of paraffin again. The thickness of the mask should be about 0’4 inch. Keep the product until it hardens, then picking up its edge, carefully remove.
Masks with aspirin have a peeling effect, cleanse and narrow the pores, dry the inflammation, reduce redness, and prevent the appearance of acne in the future. Aspirin must be taken in tablets and mixed with other active ingredients (honey, clay, yogurt) depending on the type of skin.
Pounded 2 tablets of aspirin, mix with a few drops of water and a spoonful of yogurt. Apply the resulting mixture to the skin and hold for about 15-20 minutes, rinse thoroughly with water at the end.
The use of a soda mask
Like aspirin, the use of soda gives an anti-inflammatory and cleansing effect in the fight against acne. To prepare a soda mask, you need to mix 2 tablespoons of baking soda and water, add a teaspoon of fresh lemon juice. Wash off the resulting slurry from the face after 10 minutes. Then – moisturize the skin with cream. After the procedure, the skin may temporarily turn red.
The use of Vishnevsky ointment, badyagi, baby cream
For local elimination from acne, it is necessary to soak a piece of cotton wool with Vishnevsky ointment and fix it with a patch. It is necessary to keep such a compress for several hours, but preferably night.
This ointment contributes to the rapid maturation of acne, but has a very unpleasant odor.
Apply acne badi in the form of a powder that is mixed with hydrogen peroxide. Apply the mixture gently, without rubbing, for 10-15 minutes, rinse thoroughly as well. A tingling sensation may be felt. Trampolines enhance blood circulation, cleanse pores and scrub. Baby cream made from natural ingredients relieves inflammation, regulates sebum secretion.
Peppermint lotion relieves redness and inflammation, tones. Pour a tablespoon of mint with a glass of boiling water and leave for 15 minutes. Strain through cheesecloth or sieve, add a tablespoon of tincture of calendula, boric alcohol. Apply the lotion locally to the site of inflammation in the morning and evening.
The use of cinnamon with honey
Acne redness how to remove at home with a cleansing honey mask with cinnamon: to prepare it, combine 1 tablespoon. a spoonful of natural honey with a teaspoon of cinnamon. Apply on face, rinse with water after 20 minutes. The use of this tool will effectively relieve inflammation, since it has a powerful antimicrobial effect.
Cosmetic clay is an excellent natural remedy for cleansing sebum, dirt, toxins, reducing pores and normalizing the production of sebum, drying acne. Blue and green clay are especially effective.
White clay (kaolin) is an integral component of many cosmetic masks. Mix a spoonful of clay with water until the consistency of thick sour cream. Add a couple of drops of lemon juice and tea tree oil. Keep on the skin for a quarter of an hour and rinse thoroughly with warm water.
The use of toothpaste
Use acne toothpaste, preferably white, which contains herbs. Apply the paste to the pimple, wait until it dries and remove with a cotton sponge moistened with water.
The use of herbal decoctions (chamomile, calendula, sage), frozen in ice cubes.
They help relieve redness and inflammation on the face.
The use of alcohol and tincture of calendula
Alcohol and alcohol tincture of calendula perfectly dry and disinfect acne. Apply a couple of drops of the product to a cotton sponge or stick and apply to inflamed areas.
The use of hydrogen peroxide
Since hydrogen peroxide has a strong antiseptic effect, it is often used to treat acne. A solution of peroxide 1:10 diluted with water is applied to the affected areas.
Eye drops, upon contact with an inflamed pimple, have a vasoconstrictive effect and thereby reduce redness. A lotion soaked with them removes redness after 5 minutes and the effect lasts several hours.
The use of Levomekol, Differin, chlorhexidine
Pharmacological agents of local action will help to cope with abscesses and acne: levomekol, differential, chlorhexidine. Levomekol ointment has an antimicrobial effect. Differin cream is a synthetic retinoid. Ointments and chlorhexidine solutions are effective antiseptics.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
Facial massage according to the Japanese doctor Asahi Zogan.
Aloe for the treatment of acne is used in the form of masks and tonics, since the plant has a strong anti-inflammatory effect. For the mask – grind the pulp of aloe into the pulp. Then dilute it with a glass of water, insist for an hour and boil for several minutes. Cool and apply on the skin for half an hour. After – wash with water.
The use of tea tree oil
Effectively helps in the fight against acne using tea tree oil, which has natural disinfecting properties. It, unlike other means, does not dry out the skin. Apply oil to inflammation for a couple of hours or all night. Also effective when adding it to various masks, scrubs, tonics.
The use of tar soap and iodine
Birch tar contained in tar soap has antiseptic and antibacterial effects. Therefore, the use of tar soap, as well as iodine, helps to dry and reduce the redness of comedones.
Depending on the type of skin and the severity of acne, you can just wash yourself with soap 2 times a day or apply grated dry soap to the foci of inflammation for 20-30 minutes.
The use of cucumber and parsley juice
The use of cucumber-based products will provide deep cleansing of the pores, regulate the sebaceous glands, reduce inflammation and prevent further acne.
Use chopped cucumbers as a mask or prepare a lotion from juice.
Parsley juice is also effective, which is obtained by grinding through a meat grinder or in a juicer.
Acne masking cosmetics
You can mask acne with cosmetics:
- Before applying cosmetics, cleanse the skin and apply a non-greasy cream;
- Apply foundation lighter than your skin tone;
- Apply a green masking pencil in the center of the pimple;
- Blend with a body corrector around inflammation;
- Lightly powder your face.
To prevent acne, you must:
- Correctly choose cosmetics by skin type;
- Adhere to proper nutrition;
- To clean the skin;
- Do not come in contact with contaminated objects.
Dermatologists strongly recommend not squeezing acne, because:
- Skin defects occur: scars, age spots;
- The skin is injured;
- Extrusion inflammation can penetrate deeper layers;
- Pus can enter the bloodstream and cause infection.
You can squeeze out a pimple if it ripens (painless with pressure and visible head). Before and after this process, this place must be sanitized. There are many ways to remove acne and redness at home. It is necessary to individually select the one that will be effective.
Video: how to remove redness from acne
How to remove inflammation and redness from acne, see the video clip:
To get rid of acne is simple, find out how in the video clip: