Slender and elastic legs are a desirable property of many women, and they are also an invaluable object of admiration among men. Exercises for working out the inner thigh have the greatest importance in the development of athletic legs.
- How to tighten the inner thigh muscles
- Exercise Recommendations
- A set of exercises for the home for a week
- Plie Squats
- Hip abduction
- Side lunges
- Leg breeding
- Rope jumping
- Gym Activities
- Effective exercise equipment for the inner thigh
- Fitball training
- Stretching exercises
- Tips for professionals to adjust the inner thigh
- Inner Thigh Exercise Video
How to tighten the inner thigh muscles
The thigh muscles from the inside are least involved in normal life and even a sporting lifestyle, but the visual and physical state of the hips depends on their development.
To work out the internal part, it is necessary to perform both cardio exercises and weight-bearing strength exercises.
Cardio workouts are performed in an active rhythm (running, swimming, brisk walking, etc.), and are aimed at burning excess fat throughout the body.
In turn, power loads are more responsible for excellent appearance – they contribute to muscle growth, less efficient fat burning, increase endurance and strength of muscle groups.
The training program must be combined, and with the possibility of change in 3-5 weeks, because the body gets used to the load, and the effect becomes less useful.
Cardio training can be performed every day, but so that the training process itself is more than 40 minutes: after this time has passed, all fat burning processes begin. The greatest benefits will be training in the morning, on an empty stomach. After sleep, the body will burn fat 50% faster, due to a lack of calories after sleep.
Power loads must be performed 2-3 times a week, working out one muscle group at each training session. It is necessary to start the training with a warm-up with your own weight, then use the simulators and weighting materials, but with a minimum weight, observing the progression of the loads. The training should consist of 3-5 exercises, 5 approaches each, with a rest between them in 1-2 minutes.
A set of exercises for the home for a week
Exercises on the inner thigh should be divided into a weekly training course, the number of which and the type you need to choose, analyzing your capabilities, health and physical condition during muscle recovery .
Exercises for pumping the inside of the thigh:
- Plie squats
- hip abduction;
- lunges to the side;
- leg breeding;
- swinging legs;
- jumping rope;
- exercises with fitball, on simulators;
Exercises must be rationally distributed according to the training course for the inner part of the thigh, without overloading the body, performing a full workout before training and ending each time with a stretch.
Stretching after training not only gives flexibility to the body, but also stretches the fascia – muscle tissue, enveloping muscles. This property promotes faster restoration of damaged muscles, and also has a relaxing effect after hard work.
Plie squatting is the most effective and isolating exercise, but it requires a good stretching of the hips and inguinal joints. The exercise involves the work of the gluteal muscles, back muscles, quadriceps, and back of the thigh.
When doing squats, you must:
- Put your legs wider than your shoulders and turn your feet to the side “away from you”, doing it at the most accessible angle, which allows flexibility, but you must have a stable and comfortable position.
- Squats should be carried out smoothly and below the parallel, with a delay of 1-2 seconds. before extension.
- The back is held strictly straight, without bending or bending in the spine. Otherwise, the load will go on your back, which may result in personal injury.
- At the initial stage, the exercise is performed with its own weight, without weighting. With training progress, you need to take a dumbbell in your hands, choosing the optimal weight.
Exercises on the inner thigh can be performed in a static position, lying or standing in one place.
Such a training exercise is the abduction of the thigh to the side, in which the muscles of the press, buttocks and legs work.
The exercise is performed subject to the technique:
- The pelvis and other parts of the body remain completely stationary.
- Work is carried out under the control of the feet.
- The abduction can be performed both in large quantities – 15-20 times, and while keeping the leg in static tension, using rubber loops or weights on the calf muscles to complicate.
- The abduction of the hips on the simulator produces a similar load, but it can also save time for study, and also creates a more comfortable use.
The most “lazy”, but no less effective exercise is the movement of “scissors”. It works on the middle, lower and oblique parts of the press, as well as the upper thigh and quadriceps.
When performing the exercise “scissors” you must:
- Lie on your back and strengthen your position with the hands passing along the body.
- Using the press muscles, without tearing the lower back and buttocks, it is necessary to raise the legs and perform vertically transverse swings with the feet.
- The exercise is performed on time, 40-65 seconds, in 3 sets.
Lunges are an intense exercise that helps burn fat and pump your hips, calf and gluteus muscles, and also improves the flexibility of your legs, back, and ligaments.
Lunges to the side are carried out as follows:
- The legs should be extended wider than the shoulders, the toes of the feet are deployed, the hands on the belt, the back is straight.
- Weight is smoothly transferred to one leg, the other leg is straight, the position should be strong and stable.
- After lowering and delaying, due to the muscles of the hips, lifting and further transfer of the body to the other leg is carried out.
- To weight the lunges using a barbell or dumbbell.
Exercises on the inner thigh should also include pumping movements aimed at pumping blood to muscles and ligaments. Breeding in the simulator is performed in multi-repetitive mode, in 15-20 repetitions.
Breeding is performed at the very beginning of the training, after warming up to fully warm up the muscles and pump blood, or with the last movement to stretch the fascia and provide faster recovery of the body, provoking muscle growth.
When breeding, the following recommendations must be observed:
- Initially, it is necessary to determine the working weight: the initial load for men is 33 -44 pounds, and for women 11 -22 pounds. With the degree of progression of the loads, the weight rises to the optimal working.
- After adjusting the simulator and choosing a comfortable position, the exercise begins with a smooth but energetic leg extension, followed by a delay of 1-2 seconds, and ends with a
slow reduction, with a gradually decreasing load.
- The movement is performed without stops, at a steady pace and without the help of the body, using only the work of the hips and muscles of the press.
- To increase the intensity and fat burning, rest should be minimized and be 30-45 seconds.
Jumping rope will not be able to exert pressure on the hips and provoke muscle growth, but this exercise is recommended to be used in each training session, as it is one of the most effective in helping fight fat.
Just 15 minutes of jumping rope burn 250 calories, which is equal to a run of 2 – 3 mile, or 30 minutes of swimming in the pool. In addition, the work of the heart, blood vessels, brain and metabolism (metabolism) improves.
The rope must be selected individually, based on the growth and size of the limbs. You can check the required length by stepping on the center of the rope and try to raise your hands up. The optimal level will be at the bottom of the chest, or the armpits.
|up to 5’2 foot||up to 6’6 – 16’4 foot|
|5’2 – 5’7 foot||2, 19’7 – 9’2 foot|
|5’7 – 6’2 foot||2, 26’2 – 9’8 foot|
|+ 6’2 foot||+ 9’8 foot|
Jumping should be carried out at a fast pace, landing takes place on the socks and calf muscles, and not on the full foot. High jumps are also not worth doing, because it can harm the knee joints and ligaments. The best height would be a jump of 0’8 – 1’2 inch from the floor, so that the rope passes under your feet without clinging to the surface.
Exercise is performed for at least 15 minutes, ideally 40-65 minutes. If there is not enough endurance, jumps are divided into approaches: by time or by the number of jumps, with individual rest.
“Swallow” is a static exercise that trains the calf muscles and inner thigh, coordination, a sense of balance and the vestibular apparatus. Due to its simplicity and minimized injuries, the swallow can be performed by both children and elderly people.
The classic swallow includes only 3 stages of execution:
- Bring your legs together and spread your arms horizontally, away from the body (this is necessary for balance and a more stable position).
- To tilt the body forward and at the same time take one leg back to the parallel with the body.
- Hold this position for 20-30 seconds, and repeat the action with the other leg.
A swallow with emphasis on the knee is performed in a similar way, but it is performed not on straight legs, but with fixation on the palm and knee. This variety additionally trains the buttocks and lower back, and also requires less sense of balance, which gives concentration on the exercise.
The swallow on the abdomen is listed as the most complex kind of statics required for good physical fitness and flexibility of the spinal discs.
The exercise is carried out with strict adherence to the technique, performed in several steps:
- Choosing a flat and soft surface, you must lie on your stomach, face down.
- Hands straighten forward, legs together.
- From this position, you need to raise your head and tear off the pelvis, bending in the shape of a “boat.”
- This position must be kept for 30-50 seconds. If physical preparation does not allow making such a time interval, then the swallow is performed for a maximum time, in 5-7 approaches.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
Morning exercises for those over 40, 50. Gym exercises for weight loss, video tutorials.
Exercises on the inner thigh should to a greater extent be performed with weights. To achieve the perfect appearance, classes in the gym must be carried out at least 1-2 times a week. Exercising at home with free weight will improve the body and help burn fat, but the greatest value depends on working with weights and on simulators.
The most effective exercises in the gym will be:
- barbell and dumbbell squats;
- Hack squats in the simulator;
- front squat;
- mixing legs on the simulator;
- leg press;
- deadlift rod on straight legs;
- barbell lunges;
In the training process, 3-4 exercises are used, with a rest of 4 minutes. between them. The number of approaches is from 4 to 6, with stops for 40-60 seconds. All training should take at least 40 minutes. and no more than 1.5 hours.
A sample training program is as follows:
- Active warm-up of the whole body – 3-5 minutes.
- Warming up the muscles on a jump rope or exercise bike – 15-20 minutes.
- Squats with a barbell 3 ? 8-12 times.
- Leg press 3×10-15 times.
- Lunges – 10 times on each leg, 3-4 approaches.
- Mixing the legs in the simulator – 3×12-20 reps.
- Stretching – 10-15 minutes.
Effective exercise equipment for the inner thigh
Despite the variety and development of gyms, effective simulators, well-established in the study of the inner thigh, are only a few.
- Smith’s squat simulator is an alternative to regular barbell squats. Thanks to the fixation of the neck, the technique of athletes is more correct, therefore the risk of injuries is reduced, and additional muscles are included in the work;
- Hack machine – designed to work out the quadriceps and the back of the thigh. Feet is applied pressure “down”, due to which the weight is lifted, which is located on the shoulders of the athlete. For controlled squats, legs should be placed with full feet on a special design;
the simulator for leg presses is one of the most effective, but also dangerous devices. The bench press is carried out at an angle and legs up, so it scares many beginners in the gyms. It is strictly forbidden to fully straighten your knees, as weight c
an injure joints and bones. Therefore, the knees should always be slightly bent, keeping a constant load.
The gymnastic ball is actively used in fitness and home workouts. Just one ball is enough to perform dozens of different movements.
Among the most popular exercises for the hips are:
- squats with a fitball over your head;
- squats against the wall;
- squeezing the ball with hips;
- pelvic lift;
- fitball bar;
Thanks to working with your own weight, the number of repetitions must be increased to 15-20, performing 5-8 approaches. An important point in training is the correct selection of fitball in size.
It should be chosen from the calculation of the growth of the athlete:
- Balls of 21’7 inch are designed for people with a height of less than 5’4 foot.
- 25’6 inch are used by people, with a height of 5’4 – 5’6 foot.
- 29’5 inch – necessary for people from 5’9 foot and above.
Stretching should be present after each workout. It helps reduce injuries, improves joint function and relaxes muscles after a long load.
In order to accelerate muscle recovery and achieve better results, it is necessary to perform exercises such as:
- fold – from a sitting position, the body tilts to the legs;
- stretching from a lying position – the knee bends, is fixed with palms and rises up to the head;
- “Butterfly” – sitting on the floor, legs and feet are deployed in the direction of each other, after which the work of the hips and changes in the angle of flexibility.
Tips for professionals to adjust the inner thigh
Professional trainers, as well as experienced athletes in the field of fitness and bodybuilding, recommend focusing on working on the whole body, and not on specifically one muscle group. According to them, it is impossible to pump “one thing”, it is necessary to carry out rational training of the whole body.
The most important factors in achieving the result are: a properly constructed diet, adherence to the training regimen, sleep and proper technique, the use of moderate weights. Properly planned nutrition is 60 percent or more of the result, and training and body features only complement everything else.
Exercises that target the inside of the thigh are divided into many categories and uses.
With proper nutrition, combining workouts in the gym and at home, as well as when performing cardio exercises and stretching, the result will appear after a few training weeks.
Inner Thigh Exercise Video
How to remove fat from the inner thigh: