A bun on the head is a universal hairstyle for every day, which can be done on long and thick hair, and short with your own hands. The bundle is perfectly combined with the classic and business style in clothes, it helps to make the everyday office dress code more feminine and interesting. The bundle on the head can be braided in many ways using different types of hairpins and fixing methods.
- Short hair bun
- Medium length hair bun
- Long hair bun
- Create a bunch with a rubber band
- And what about thin rubber bands
- We create a disheveled bun for any type of hair
- Step-by-step instructions for creating a careless beam
- Volumetric beam with a donut
- We use a hairpin twister
- Making a bunch with a sock
- Heagami Gum
- A bunch with studs
- Varieties of hairstyles using a bun
- Tufted pile
- Bundle with flagella
- Bunch with weaving
- French bunch
- A simple bunch of ballerinas
- Video: how to make a beam on the head
Short hair bun
To make a beautiful bun for a short hair length, you have to use auxiliary means – hairpins, elastic bands. In order to more accurately comb your hair, use a flat comb with frequent teeth.
Avoiding strands coming out in all directions, pin hair with invisible transparent or the color of your hair, after spraying it with fixing varnish. If you are going to a romantic dinner or a bachelorette party, and you want to add notes of negligence and tenderness to your image, use a soft flagellum for curls, tie it with hair gathered in a bun.
If your own volume of hair is not enough to braid a beautiful bun, use a voluminous, preferably velvet elastic band for hair that will decorate your image and make it more elegant.
A few tips to help you make the perfect bunch:
- Use a comb made of natural wood or ceramic in order to avoid the occurrence of static electricity. “Electrification” can very much harm your hair.
- The higher your bundle – the more you emphasize your neck, enhance the tenderness of the image, while maintaining rigor and seriousness.
- Use a flagellum and hairpins in the color of your hair, avoid contrasts and “separation” of the hairstyle.
Medium length hair bun
How to make a bun on the head for medium hair is not a secret for most girls. According to statistics, more than half of the girls in Europe have an average hair length, so the best hairdressers have invented more than a dozen varieties of a bun.
For medium-length hair – “to the shoulders” hair, voluminous bundles are suitable in combination with front locks curled into large curls.
Make a tight bundle using a large elastic band or an air bagel without touching the front strands, which when cut by a “cascade” are about half as long as the main length.
When creating a hairstyle, the front strands have to be filled with invisibility, and when creating a romantic image, the front strands should be curled with an iron or curling iron in the direction “from the face”, after having sprayed them with a protective thermal spray.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
Fashionable hair colors this year. Photos and trends of hairdressing.
Long hair bun
Braiding a long, heavy hair is not as easy as it might seem at first glance. Firstly, an uncommitted bundle of long hair can weaken and turn into an “icicle”, which will need to be constantly corrected, worried about whether your bundle has blossomed.
To fix a bundle of long hair, use:
- Bagel to create a “bun” hairstyle (required in the color of your hair).
- Fixing varnish to eliminate “sticking out” hairs.
- Hairpins are also the color of your hair.
Another important life hack for those who want to remove all “elements of negligence” from their image is the use of a toothbrush or a soft mascara brush for fixing short hairs growing closer to the forehead.
Girls with long, densely growing hair are more likely to encounter similar difficulties, resorting to shaving their hairs, which the expert urgently requires not to do.
Firstly, after removal of excess hairs from the forehead, new, shorter and stiffer hair begins to grow in the same place even faster, causing discomfort to the scalp. It is even more difficult to handle such hairs after “depilation”.
Therefore, leading hairdressers advise combing unwanted hairs with a small brush with frequent teeth (in this case, a toothbrush or a mascara brush is perfect), as well as a fixing varnish. You need to inject the brush at a safe distance from the eyes and face, and then with soft and neat movements you need to comb the excess hair to the main volume of hair.
In addition, in 2021, “standard combing” was replaced by “combing curly” – the hairs on the forehead can be fixed in the form of a wave, this will add special flirty to your image in the spirit of the fifties.
Create a bunch with a rubber band
You can create a beautiful and neat bundle with a dense and voluminous elastic by following these steps:
- We tie the hair in a high ponytail (we select the height depending on how we want to position the bun);
- We begin to twist the tail around the gum fixed at the roots of the hair – clockwise or counterclockwise;
- We tuck the tip of the ponytail under the elastic, trying to hide all the protruding hairs.
Another way to tie a bundle using the separation of the strands fits into 4 simple steps:
- As in the first method, we tie a tight tail at the required height.
- After the tail is tied, we divide the hair into two equal parts, so that we get two equal in volume flagella from the hair.
- Next, we begin to twist the first flagellum clockwise, and the second – counterclockwise, or vice versa.
In order to fix the hair in a bun – in the same way as in the first method, we tuck the ends of the “flagella” into the gum. It is important that the flagella be twisted in different directions , using this principle, you will get a neat bundle with an interesting internal pattern.
And what about thin rubber bands
To understand how to make a bun on long hair, using a thin or not at all tight elastic band, we turn to the step-by-step instructions:
- There should be no other gum or hairpins on the head; a bundle with thin or not elastic gum will turn out to be light and slightly disheveled, therefore, there should not be other “pulling” elements in the hairstyle.
- Be sure to fix the hair with invisibles, fixing them on 4 sides, around the bun.
- We create additional volume by slightly pulling the upper strands from the bundle.
We create a disheveled bun for any type of hair
Light negligence has not yet harmed any image, of course, except in cases where etiquette and a dress code require compliance with certain rules regarding women’s hairstyles, for example, business meetings, conferences, public speaking at the office, etc.
Hollywood stars have long been accustomed to go out on the carpet with lush, large, high bunches, so what prevents girls from repeating the success of these hairstyles in everyday life
Firstly, weather conditions. Wind, air humidity – all this plays a “cruel joke” with female styling, and it doesn’t matter how much lacquer fixer you applied to your scalp. In the case when we want to make a disheveled bunch on our heads, oddly enough, bad weather can help us a lot!
Moisture makes our hair curly, creates an additional external volume of hair, which must be properly used with the help of invisibles. A wind that develops curls can also add bulk to our hairst
Step-by-step instructions for creating a careless beam
- We tie a careless ponytail, while not paying attention to the growing mounds of raised hair.
- Put the comb as far as possible – in tying this type of bundle this tool is completely unnecessary!
- Next, we use the already known principle, but we only make two turns of hair around the elastic, hide under the elastic half of the hair and hide under the elastic in such a way that a loop of hair is formed from this “half”.
- We press the loop to the head, as if collecting it in a bundle. We fix the bundle obtained from the loop with invisible hair color, pull the strands from the bundle to create the effect of “disheveled”.
- The remaining half of the hair is used as two flagella, framing them with an almost ready bundle.
- To give the image more femininity and naturalness, you can pull several front strands out of the bundle and curl them into large curls “on the face”.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
Fashionable bob haircut for medium hair. Photo, front and rear view.
Volumetric beam with a donut
In order to make a neat, but at the same time voluminous and high beam on the head with the help of a donut, obviously, you will need a paralon hairdresser “donut”. Depending on what size and height you want to braid the bunch, the bagel is selected according to the following parameters.
Firstly, the height of the foam base for hairstyles, and secondly, the diameter of the product. A porous bagel will allow your hair and scalp to breathe, while a denser bagel of the color of your hair will create an effect of additional volume.
So, to make a beautiful bunch, you need:
- Collect hair in a tight tourniquet, removing all excess strands.
- Those curls that strive to get out of the beam, comb with a flat wooden comb.
- Tie a regular ponytail (use a thin elastic band of basic color, but remember that the elastic bands in this case are not suitable).
- Thread the tail into the bagel, trying not to miss a single hair (for this you can pre-twist the tail into a tourniquet).
- Spread the ponytail hair around the donut so that your locks completely cover its surface
- Fix the bagel “covered” with hair with a transparent rubber band, then fasten the base of your bundle with flagella from loose hair.
- At the end, a tightened flagellum can be secured with invisibility.
We use a hairpin twister
A hairstyle twister is another simple device that you can use to create a bun on your head.
The twister is elastic, soft fabric is stretched along the contour of the soft metal wire, most often velvet.
Using a twister, you can braid an even and neat bundle on your head in just 3 minutes.
Gather the hair in a ponytail, place half the length of the hair in the twister hole and start twisting the hairpin up.
After the twister “rises” to a sufficient height, you should begin to twist the ends of the hairpins to the center and fix the hair with invisibility.
Making a bunch with a sock
A sock is one of the most unexpected means of creating a hairstyle, which, nevertheless, can help a lot when there is no special bagel at hand. Cut a piece of sock fabric about 1’2 – 1’6 inch high and use a makeshift bagel from the sock as described in the instructions above.
It is important to pay special attention to masking the sock, for this you need to use a fabric in the color of your hair, and also wrap the strands of hair with a thick layer that can completely cover the fabric, you need to fix the bagel with invisible hairspray.
An excellent alternative to both large elastic bands and bagels when creating a fluffy and voluminous beam on the head is to use a rubber band like heagami. They look like bracelets that can take on any given shape. With these rubber bands you can assemble a bunch of any shape.
Use imagination and the proposed instruction:
- Comb the hair, apply styling mousse along the entire length of the hair
- Gather your hair in your hand as if you were making a ponytail
- Open the elastic band with the heags in a state twisted on both sides and place the hair exactly in the middle.
- Lower the elastic to the end of the length of your hair, holding it so that the elastic does not fall. Next, in a circular motion, lift the elastic, twisting the hair up. At the same time, pull the hair so that it is placed on the heags evenly, without “sagging”
- Gradually approaching the desired height of the beam, and as a rule, fashion experts advise braiding the beam in such a way as low as possible to the neck to add special elegance to the image.
- Finishing, bring the ends of your gum together, cover the gum with a chignon or with your own strands, securing them under the hairpin with hairpins.
A bunch with studs
Not a single bundle, except for the “disheveled”, slightly careless one, can do without fixation. In most of the methods shown, invisibles are used, but hairpins can be an excellent replacement, especially if they are decorated with pearls, beautiful beads or other accessories that adorn your image.
Varieties of hairstyles using a bun
A pile with a fleece increases the volume of your hairstyle and makes your image romantic, light and elegant.
After you have created a beautiful bun on your head, use a flat comb with rare teeth to create volume, comb in the direction from the bun, slightly lifting the locks of hair.
Bundle with flagella
A bundle with flagella is a unique hairstyle that takes you a maximum of 10 minutes.
The technique of creating the base of the bundle remains the same as in the previous methods of weaving, but after you have distributed the hair, covering the bagel, you need to braid the braids that are not tight – flagella and tuck them into the bundle so that you get a “basket” of braids, gently hidden under the base of the bagel.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
Fashionable bob cut for short hair. Photo, front and rear view.
Bunch with weaving
Flagella are not the only way to decorate your bundle. An excellent decoration of your hairstyle can be a fishtail, braided around a bundle.
The technique of creating a fish tail is similar to weaving a pigtail “inward”. To create such a braid, you need to divide the lock of hair into 4 equal parts, then follow the technique of weaving ordinary braids.
French bun – it’s a “shell” made using a twist, and the hairpin, unlike the classic donut, is placed vertically, allowing less hair fixation.
In order to make a French bundle without a twister, you will need to use hairspray and a lot of invisibility. However, the result is worth it, in the end you get a strict but insanely feminine bunch that is suitable for both business meetings and dates.
A simple bunch of ballerinas
In gymnastics and dance classes, girls are often asked to make a bun on the head, tight and neat, like a ballerina’s, using a bobby pin. A kitschka is a mesh with sewn-in invisibles at the edges, which minimizes the time of braiding the beam. The kits are knitted, light mesh and solid, and all of them allow you to create a high bun – a ballerina’s hairstyle in just a minute.
Hairstyle “bun” is a universal way to emphasize your femininity and elegance, a hairstyle that cannot be superfluous in any fashionable image, you just need to choose the right jewelry for it and determine the height and degree of fixation of the bun.
Video: how to make a beam on the head
How to make a beautiful bunch, see the video clip:
2 ways to make a bundle using a donut, find out in the video clip: