Acne is a common problem that people at any age face. Acne is especially common in adolescence, as the body undergoes hormonal changes. That is why many are interested in how a teenager to get rid of acne on his face.
- What causes acne on the face of a teenager
- Degrees of Acne
- How to choose a treatment
- Teen cosmetics
- Ointments retinoids
- Antiseptic Ointments
- Hormonal drugs
- Homemade Acne Masks
- Homemade lotions for washing and cleansing the skin of acne
- Pharmacy folk remedies
- Steam baths
- Acne Chatterbox
- Beauty treatments
- General Acne Treatments
- Proper nutrition
- Facial Skin Care for Teen Acne
- When will teenage acne go away
- Video on the topic: How to get rid of acne to a teenager
What causes acne on the face of a teenager
Acne can occur for a variety of reasons. The most common are the following:
- Unbalanced diet, deficiency of vitamins and other beneficial substances in the body.
- Elevated levels of androgens.
- Violations of the endocrine system.
- Diseases of the gastrointestinal tract.
- Subcutaneous tick Demodex.
- Improper skin care.
- Non-observance of hygiene rules.
- Taking medications.
- Frequent stress and overwork.
- Inflammatory processes in the body.
- Genetic predisposition.
The skin of adolescents is particularly sensitive, so the consumption of certain foods can provoke inflammation.
Degrees of Acne
How to get rid of acne on the face of a teenager depends on the severity of the disease. Treatment is selected depending on the stage of acne.
- 1st stage. Mild acne. White or black comedones appear on the face, called black dots. Their number can reach 10 pieces. There are no signs of inflammation at the site of the comedone, the skin in other places remains clean. At this point, acne is not a cause for concern. Comedones in adolescence in most cases appear due to hormonal changes.
- 2 stage. Acne of moderate degree. At this stage, the number of comedones increases, as the disease progresses, they take the form of papules. Their number is from 10 to 25 units. The skin at the places of their formation becomes red or cyanotic. Comedones can become inflamed and turn into pustules with purulent contents. At this stage, the teenager needs treatment, since acne on its own will not go away.
- 3 stage . Severe rash. The number of comedones and pustules increases to 50 pieces. At this stage, acne acquires a cystic or keloid form, scars form. The skin becomes inflamed, acquires a purple-red hue. The skin is affected in the deep layers, scars remain for a long time.
- 4 stage. Extremely severe acne. Acne goes to this stage if there was no treatment in the early stages. The amount of inflammation on the face becomes more than 50 pieces. Papules and pustules connect with each other, forming nodes. The skin becomes painful upon contact. At this stage, large rtsbtsy are formed, which are difficult to treat.
How to choose a treatment
It is possible for a teenager to get rid of acne on his face at any stage, but for this you need to know how to choose the right treatment.
When choosing drugs for external use, it is worth considering the type of skin. The same rules must be followed when using cosmetics. For oily skin types, cosmetics are selected with a drying effect, and for dry – with moisturizing.
In addition, it is worth considering the stage of acne. At the initial stages, there are enough external funds and proper care. At difficult stages, medications for internal use cannot be dispensed with. Before you start taking medications, you must undergo an examination.
In severe stages, radical measures are applied. Laser techniques are used, in extremely advanced cases, surgical intervention may be required.
Cosmetic procedures are selected taking into account the type of skin and its needs. Mesotherapy is used to eliminate inflammation, and ozone injections are used to eliminate scars.
How to get rid of acne on the face of a teenager, and what cosmetics to use at the same time are of interest to many. Currently, there are many manufacturers that produce products for skin treatment. Its action is aimed at eliminating inflammation, smoothing skin tone and eliminating spots after acne.
It is recommended to regularly use a cream, mask and gel for washing.
1. Anti-inflammatory face cream from Mixit. The product is intended for oily and combination skin type. It helps maintain balance, but is not moisturizing. It has antiseptic and regenerative effects.
It includes many useful components:
- Hypericum oil.
- Aloe vera.
- Soybean oil.
- Vitamin E.
- Marigold extract.
- Rosemary essential oil.
- Chamomile extract.
- Jojoba oil.
- Azelaic and glycolic acid.
- Shea Vegetable Oil.
The cream eliminates redness and irritation, and also relieves discomfort. You need to use it regularly, it is allowed to be applied as a basis for makeup. The average cost is $ 6,8.
2. Soothing alginate mask Riche. It has a quick effect. Restores skin, eliminates irritation and redness. In addition, the mask quickly dries up inflammation and reduces the likelihood of new ones. Promotes cell renewal and accelerated epidermal regeneration. Increases the protective properties of the skin.
- Coconut oil extract.
- Sea fennel.
- Brown algae.
- Aloe vera.
- Sodium Alginate
- Vitamin E.
- Polysorbate 20.
- Chromium oxide.
- Sunflower oil.
The mask is recommended to be used 2-3 times a week. It must be applied with a thick layer on the face, then removed with movements from the bottom up. Average price: $ 6,66.
3. La-Roche Posay Cleansing Gel. Promotes gentle removal of sebum, cleanses pores and has an antibacterial effect. Suitable for sensitive skin. Effectively removes makeup and dirt. Recommended for skin that is prone to inflammation.
The gel contains the following main components:
- Thermal water.
- Laureth sulfate.
- Zinc pidolate.
- Cocamidopropyl Betaine.
It is recommended to use 2 times a day. The average cost is $ 12,24.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
Face fitness for lifting the face contour, rejuvenation, muscle tone. Master cla
ss from Elena Karkukli
Retinoid ointments are highly effective. They are recommended for severe stages of acne. Currently, the range of such ointments is quite wide. They all have a similar operating principle and composition.
|Retinoic Ointment||Participates in the process of cell division, reduces the stratum corneum of the skin. It also reduces the production of sebum and heals existing acne.||Isotretinoin, emulsion wax, ethyl alcohol, glycerin, water, liquid paraffin.||$ 3,81|
|Differin||It is able to penetrate into the deeper layers of the epidermis. It has a pronounced drying and anti-inflammatory effect. The result of the application is noticeable almost immediately.||Adapalene, carbomer, phenoxyethanol, water, sodium hydroxide.||$ 8,84|
|Retasol||It inhibits the action of the sebaceous glands, thereby reducing oily skin. Dries acne and prevents the formation of new ones.||Isotretinoin, propylene glycol, ethanol, butylhydroxytoluene.||$ 5,85|
Antiseptics are indispensable for the treatment of acne.
|Salicylic ointment||It is used for inflammation on the skin, relieves inflammation and itching. Regular use will help get rid of acne and spots after them.||Salicylic acid, medical petroleum jelly.||$ 0,34|
|Skinoren||Suitable for the treatment of acne vulgar type and rosacea. It has a pronounced bactericidal effect.||Azelaic acid, water, benzoic acid, triglycerides.||$ 7,89|
|Curiosin||Used to treat complicated forms of acne. Reduces inflammation, evens out skin tone and eliminates scars.||Zinc hyaluronate, water, potassium sorbate, sodium hydroxide.||$ 6,53|
Antibiotics are used in severe stages of the disease, when topical preparations do not have an effect.
- Doxycycline . The active substance is doxycycline hydrochloride. The agent penetrates into the cells that caused the inflammatory process. Prevents the further spread of inflammation. It has a number of contraindications and side effects. The average cost is $ 0,34.
- Tetracycline . The active substance is tetracycline. It has a bacteriostatic effect, eliminates pathogenic microorganisms. It has a pronounced effect against staphylococcus. The body is distributed unevenly, most of it is deposited in the liver. For acne treatment, the course should be no more than 3 weeks. Price – $ 0,68.
- Ampicillin . It has a wide range of effects. Among the antibiotics used in the treatment of acne, it occupies a leading place. The result of the application is noticeable after a week of use. The average cost is $ 0,54.
Hormonal disorders are the most common cause of skin problems in adolescents. Therefore, special hormonal drugs are used for treatment.
It is very important to choose the right pills to avoid aggravating the situation.
Before taking it, you must donate blood to check the hormonal status. Based on this, tablets are selected. For the treatment of acne, hormone pills with antiandrogenic action are prescribed. Teenagers are advised to take low-dose tablets, such as Yarina or Jes.
A dermatologist will tell you how to get rid of acne on the face of a teenager. In the last stages of the disease, this question is especially acute. In this case, retinoids are used for internal administration.
The use of such drugs for self-medication is strictly prohibited, since they have a wide list of contraindications and side effects, have a terratogenic effect, and therefore are forbidden to pregnant women and those planning a pregnancy in the near future.
The active substance of retinoids is isotretinoin. It is a synthetic vitamin A. These drugs can cure acne in its most recent stages.
The course of administration is calculated individually, depending on the weight of the patient and the stage of acne. The average duration of treatment is 6 months. The first improvements are noticeable after 2 months of administration. In the first weeks, an exacerbation of the disease is possible, but you should not cancel the drug.
The course of treatment should avoid a long exposure to the sun and use moisturizers, as the skin will peel off greatly.
High efficiency is due to the fact that the drug significantly reduces the production of sebum, changing its composition. Sebaceous glands are reduced in size, their condition is returning to normal.
As a result of this, the pore size decreases and their blockage disappears. In most cases, one course is enough to permanently get rid of acne. Among the retinoid preparations, Roaccutane, Sotret, and Aknekkutan are most known.
Homemade Acne Masks
1. Necessary components:
- Chicken Egg Protein.
- Freshly squeezed lemon juice.
Thoroughly mix the components, then apply on the skin for 15-20 minutes. The mask effectively cleanses pores and evens out skin tone.
2. Necessary components:
- Liquid honey – 2 tablespoon.
- Aspirin – 2 tablets.
Grind the tablets into powder, then mix with honey until smooth. Apply the mask for 25-30 minutes, then rinse with cool water. Use 2-3 times a week. The mask has anti-inflammatory and moisturizing effects.
3. Required components:
- Chicken Egg – 1 pc.
- Sugar – 8 gr.
- Activated carbon – 2 tablets.
- Lemon juice.
Grind the tablets to crumbs. Mix all components, then evenly distribute on the skin. Keep the mask until completely dry, then remove as a film. Effective for removing blackheads and smoothing skin color.
Homemade lotions for washing and cleansing the skin of acne
1. Laurel lotion.
- Bay leaf.
- Vodka or alcohol.
Finely chop the bay leaf, place it in a glass dish, then pour vodka. Put infuse in a dark place for 1 month. Use daily by gently wiping the face.
2. Cucumber lotion.
- Vodka or alcohol
Turn the cucumber into pulp, then pour vodka. Leave to insist on 2 weeks. Use lotion 1-2 times a day. After use, it is recommended to apply a moisturizer.
3. Lotion from sage and roses.
- Rose flower.
- Alcohol or vodka.
Cut sage and rose in equal proportions, then pour vodka. The lotion should be infused for 1.5 weeks. Daily use is not recommended. It is better to apply 1 time in 2 days.
Pharmacy folk remedies
- Salicylic alcohol. It is widely used for various skin diseases, including acne. It has a pronounced drying and anti-inflammatory effect. It is recommended to apply locally to the inflammation itself. Promotes rapid healing of acne without a trace on the skin. In addition, salicylic alcohol has an exfoliating and antimicrobial effect.
- Chloramphenicol alcohol. It is widely used in the treatment of acne, but prolonged use is not recommended, since alcohol dries the epidermis very much. It is necessary to apply on the pimple itself in a small amount to avoid burns. Contraindicated in sensitive skin. Effective with purulent acne, helps to dry them quickly. It is used as a regenerative agent against residual scars.
- Tonics with zinc compounds. They are a very effective tool that can be used with sensitive skin. Due to zinc, the inflammation is dried and the skin is lightened. Regular use helps even out the tone of the face, making it healthier. Zinc acts as an antiseptic and also reduces the production of sebum.
Steam baths are used to cleanse the skin. The steaming effect allows you to open the pores, after which it is easy to remove accumulated dirt and sebum from them. Also contribute to the removal of the stratum corneum of the skin.
Steam baths for the face help enhance the effect of subsequent procedures and cosmetics, as they penetrate much deeper into the epidermis. Steaming promotes resorption of hypodermic consolidations therefore it is recommended at a cystic form of acne.
To make such a procedure at home is very simple. It is necessary to boil water, then tilt your face over the steam, covered with a towel. Anti-inflammatory herbs are added to the water to enhance the effect. Particularly popular is chamomile and calendula. Use of steam baths is recommended 1-2 times a week.
Many dermatologists recommend the use of a special talker against inflammation. It is easy to prepare, and also such a tool does not require large financial costs. For teenage skin it is better to use a talker with boric acid.
- Medical alcohol – 1,35 fluid ounce.
- Boric acid – 1,35 fluid ounce.
- Salicylic acid – 2 g.
- Levomycetin – 5 tablets.
Mix all the components together, previously grinding the tablet into a powder state. You do not need to insist on the drug, you can apply immediately. It is better to apply at night with a thin layer on the inflamed areas of the skin. It is forbidden to apply completely to the whole face, as the talker has a strong drying effect.
The result is noticeable in the morning. Inflammation is significantly reduced in size.
- Peeling. It can be superficial, middle or deep. The latter type is performed in a clinical setting. In a beauty salon for acne, it is better to give preference to mid peels. There are many types of them, retinoic peeling is better for oily skin, and glycolic for dry skin. The action of the procedure is aimed at relieving inflammation, improving regeneration and restoration of the skin. For the best effect, a course of 4-6 procedures is recommended.
- Mesotherapy Used in severe acne. It is an injection technique. Special drugs are injected deep into the skin, where recovery processes begin. This procedure significantly transforms the condition of the skin. It allows not only to get rid of acne, but also from stagnant scars. Skin improvement begins gradually within 2 weeks after the procedure.
- Facial cleansing. Cleaning can also be mechanical, but the hardware technique is the most sparing. Cleaning allows you to get rid of any type of inflammation, including pustular acne. It is especially effective against black dots. Allows you to eliminate the stratum corneum of the skin and start the regeneration process.
General Acne Treatments
In order to get rid of acne, you must adhere to the following rules:
- Properly care for your skin by choosing the right cosmetics.
- Maintain a balanced diet.
- Often stay in clean air and avoid tobacco smoke.
- Lead an active lifestyle, devoting time to phy
- Avoid stress, if necessary, take mild sedatives, preferably on a plant basis.
- Monitor the state of the hormonal background.
- Establish the regime of the day, devoting sufficient time to sleep and rest.
Nutrition always affects the condition of the skin. Therefore, it is necessary to adjust the diet, eliminating harmful products or minimizing their use.
|Allowed Products||Prohibited Products|
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
Facial massage according to the Japanese doctor Asahi Zogan.
Facial Skin Care for Teen Acne
Facial skin care depends on its type. Regularly use cleansing gels, creams and masks. All cosmetics are selected taking into account the type of skin and its needs. It is desirable that their composition is as natural as possible and does not contain fragrances.
Oily skin also needs to be moisturized, but to use for this is not a cream, but light serums and gels. They do not clog skin pores and are quickly absorbed. There is a large list of gels aimed at eliminating acne.
Teenage girls who use decorative cosmetics, do not forget that makeup must be regularly and thoroughly removed with a special tool. Makeup should be non-comedogenic. This is especially true for foundation. Their base should be water, not oily. Otherwise, such a foundation will aggravate the situation and increase the number of inflammations.
When will teenage acne go away
To get rid of acne on the face of a teenager is a very real task. But many are interested in how to speed up this process.
The treatment time is individual for each case. In the initial stages of the disease, therapy may take 2-3 months. When started, treatment lasts from 6 months. After getting rid of the main problem, scars remain on the skin. To remove them in some cases is much longer than to cure acne itself.
In adolescence, the duration of rashes depends on when the hormonal status normalizes. On average, this happens by the age of 16 in girls. In the treatment of hormonal drugs, this period is reduced.
Video on the topic: How to get rid of acne to a teenager
How to get rid of acne to a teenager:
5 cool ways to get rid of acne once and for all: