Big eyes tend to make facial features more attractive. But what about those whom nature has not endowed with such a look In this case, cosmetics come to the rescue. How to do makeup to visually enlarge the eyes with its help – any girl can master a simple technique.
- Makeup Tools & Tools
- Main mistakes
- How to prepare your face for applying makeup
- Application Rules
- Right combination
- With a contour pencil
- With eyeliner
- Types of arrows
- Using the inner corner of the eyelid
- If the shape of the eyes is narrow
- With deep-set eyes
- Round form
- In the impending century
- Eyelash value
- Eyebrow correction
- Video on how to enlarge eyes with makeup
Makeup Tools & Tools
Minimum makeup tool kit:
- applicator for eyeshadow;
- sharpener for cosmetic pencils;
- eyebrow brush;
- eyelash curlers;
- cotton buds.
- a primer;
- corrective means;
- eyebrow products;
- eyeliner / eyeliners;
A complete list of makeup products is completed by lip products – lipstick or gloss, depending on preference.
To prevent shadows from slipping and not gathering in the folds of the skin of the eyelids, professional makeup artists recommend using the base under the shadows. This tool will allow you to “hold” the shadows during the day in such a state as if they had just been applied. If such a tool is not in the home arsenal, it can be replaced with powder.
Deficiencies in appearance with makeup can be corrected both for better and for worse.
What to avoid:
- Too wide or low eyebrows noticeably reduce the size of the eyes. If you want to visually make your eyes cut and large, you should tidy your eyebrows.
- Do not draw lower arrows on the mucous membranes of the eyes. This technique significantly reduces them.
- To highlight areas on the eyelid, use matte shadows or with a barely noticeable shine. Incorrect use of pearlescent shadows can lead to the opposite effect.
- You can get the effect of wide eyes with false eyelashes. It is also important here not to overdo it – too long and fluffy eyelashes will visually reduce the already small eyes. Preference should be given to eyelashes of a more natural length and bend.
- Mascara is one way to lengthen the eyelashes, which means to increase the volume of the eyes. A thick layer of mascara will look sloppy and vulgar. It is necessary to comb the eyelashes, slightly curl with the help of tongs and carefully apply mascara, having properly painted over.
- The circles under the eyes not only create a tired look, but also reduce the eyes. In order to even out skin tone under the eyes, it is necessary to use a concealer.
How to prepare your face for applying makeup
To make the makeup stay fresh longer and stay better during the day, the skin must be prepared for applying makeup:
- The skin should be clean. Use a tonic to remove dust and dirt particles. Between the skin and the foundation, dust can cause irritation or inflammation.
- To clean the skin, the most suitable is a tonic without alcohol, which will not cause tightness and dryness.
- If the skin is dry, prone to peeling, it is advisable to make a mask with a weak scrubbing or exfoliating effect. A faster way to eliminate peeling is to use a moisturizer. In any case, in the process of preparing the face for makeup, it is necessary to moisturize the skin.
- Do not neglect the use of base for tonal means. This is especially true for those whose skin quickly becomes oily during the day. In this case, you need a base for makeup with a matting effect.
- A tired look can be eliminated using a special base with a radiance effect.
- Eye cream is an insidious friend for a persistent make-up, as it gathers in fine wrinkles, rolls and spoils the overall look. Eye cream should be applied a little in advance and used with a non-greasy, rapidly absorbing texture. After applying the cream or gel, you must wait until it is completely absorbed, remove the residues with a napkin.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
Facial massage according to the Japanese doctor Asahi Zogan.
When applying shadows, it is important to correctly emphasize. To achieve the goal you need 2-3 colors.
The correct combination and application of eye shadow:
- Combine dark and light tones of the same color.
- Use shades of natural colors.
- Apply according to the shape of the eye and the crease line on the eyelid.
- Do not “draw” clearly defined borders between the colors of the shadows, apply shading.
- Fan out the shadows on the eyelid, moving from light to dark, from the inner to the outer corner of the eye.
For blue and gray, color combinations are suitable:
- silver / muted pink / graphite;
- golden / bronze / dark brown;
- ivory / blue / muted blue.
For green eyes, color combinations:
- muted yellow / brown with a gray tint;
- gentle lilac tones / rich khaki;
- light green / purple.
For brown eyes color combination:
- beige / golden / dark chocolate;
- delicate blue / emerald / bright blue;
- light gray / walnut / black.
With a contour pencil
How to enlarge eyes with makeup using a contour pencil – there are 2 options:
1. To apply makeup you will need 3 colors:
- light (any color optional);
- With a white pencil draw the inside of the eye.
- With a light pencil on the upper eyelid, execute an arrow along the line of eyelash growth.
- Dark shade draw the bottom arrow. The line should be drawn thinner at the inner corner and slightly expanded to the outer. In this case, you can not go to the visible mucous line of the eye, so as not to reduce the volume of the eyes.
2. For this method, you only need light and dark pencils.
- Lighten the inner corner of the eye with a light pencil, blending it on the upper and lower eyelids to the middle of the eye.
- With a pencil of dark color draw a line from the middle to the edge of the upper eyelid. The line should be made thin, a little higher than the growth of eyelashes.
- On the lower eyelid, also draw an arrow from the middle to the edge of the eye, slightly making a thickening at the outer corner.
Having small eyes by nature, it is extremely undesirable to make wide arrows from the beginning to the end of the century – this technique hides the volume of the eyes.
When applying makeup to enlarge the eyes, eyeliner should be used carefully. For small eyes, thin arrows are most suitable, with a short, slightly elongated “tail” on the outer corner of the eye. It is better not to draw long elongated arrows for such eyes, since they visually narrow the shape.
It is undesirable to use a black pencil if by nature small eyes. In some cases, you can refuse it by applying dark shades of saturated color. Makeup using a brown or blue contour pencil will look more natural.
- To make it easier to draw an arrow with eyeliner, it is first recommended to use a soft contour pencil, making a “sketch” of the future arrow. To do this, it is easy to draw a line without pressure, starting to draw it not first, but only on 2/3 of the eyes.
- After that use the liner. Using a liner brush, repeat the line drawn with a pencil.
- At the outer corner, slightly thicken the line and turn it up a little.
Errors can be corrected with cotton buds.
Types of arrows
Make-up: how to increase eyes with arrows, examples:
- Colored arrows. Draw with a pencil, dry shadows, soft shadows in a pencil or a color liner.
- Brush must be moistened in water. Then, gently brushing off excess moisture, collect shadows and draw an arrow.
- The brush should be led from the beginning of the growth of eyelashes on the upper eyelid, from the inner corner to the outer. At the edge of the eye, expand and end the line, leading its edge up a little.
2. “Cat’s eye.”
You will need a soft pencil or liner.
- You can use a sheet of paper folded in half, and then you can draw straight arrows in the corners of the eyes. Attach a sheet of paper folded in half to the corner of the eye, directing the line up to the eyebrow – this will be the lower border of the arrow. Having drawn the arrow along the eyelid, make its end up, along the edge of the sheet, the even tip of the arrow is ready.
- Preferring classic colors, black can be replaced by:
- dark blue;
- gray or smoky.
- To draw a liner from the beginning of eyelash growth to the outer corner of the eye.
3. Double or parallel lines – one way to add volume to small eyes.
- Start the arrow on the upper eyelid from the middle of the century, bring it to the outer edge and extend a little, slightly lifting the tip of the arrow up.
- The lower arrow originates from a point slightly departing from the inner corner, is drawn exactly along the line of hair growth. Its edge extends beyond the eye parallel to the upper line. The tip of the bottom arrow is made a little shorter than the top.
Using the inner corner of the eyelid
How to enlarge eyes with makeup using a light colored kayal is not an easy task. C – a soft cosmetic pencil that contains minerals.
For make-up you will need:
- kayal (beige, silver);
- a primer;
- beige and brown shades;
- The primer is applied to the entire upper eyelid.
- For the arrows, draw a thin line on the outer part of the upper eyelid and on the lower eyelid – 2/3 of the outer edge.
- Apply shades of brown on the outer edge of the eyelid, as close as possible to the eyelashes, blend them with beige shadows.
- The outer edge of the lower eyelid is also tinted with brown shades.
- Lighten the inside with a kayal. With a pencil, make an eyeliner of the upper and lower parts of the corner, bringing it to a dark arrow.
- Application of mascara. Paint the lower eyelashes only at the outer corner of the eye.
If the shape of the eyes is narrow
It will be required for work:
- shades of natural shades, matte and with mother of pearl;
- Replace the liner with a dark, brown or dark gray scale;
- brown or dark blue mascara;
- eyelash curlers.
Low or very wide eyebrows must be corrected by plucking the hairs along the bottom of the hair growth. Comb the eyebrows, shade the gaps between the hairs, using shades that are suitable in tone for this.
The step-by-step process of applying makeup:
- Shadows of light edemas cover the entire area of the upper eyelid.
- On the fold of the eyelid, apply shades of medium tone. Using shades of a darker tone, select the outer corner of the eye, blend it upward, toward the temple. Shadows with mother of pearl cover the middle part of the moving eyelid.
- With a pointed eyeliner brush, point your arrows at dark shadows. Stepping back a little from the corner of the eye, draw an arrow, leading its edge up to the temple.
- Having dipped a finger in opaque shadows, to shade borders.
- Pearl shades brighten the inner corner of the eye.
- Fold eyelashes and apply mascara. Pay attention to the hairs at the edges of the eyes, they need to be dyed 2-3 times.
With deep-set eyes
Recommendations of professionals:
- So that the shadows do not gather in the crease of the eyelid and leave a mark, it is necessary to use a primer that will help maintain the shade’s durability throughout the day.
- Do not use shadows of light colors with a shimmer on the crease of the eyelid, as the shine conceals the volume.
- Avoid the colors of pink and purple, so as not to get the effect of tired and tearful eyes.
- Draw arrows from the middle of the eyelid or step back 6/32 – 8/32 inch from the corner. A line drawn along the entire length of the eyelid will exacerbate the flaw.
How to enlarge eyes with makeup if they are deep-set – step-by-step instructions:
- a primer;
- shadows with shine;
- matte shadows of the same color, different tones;
- liquid eyeliner;
- Cover the entire upper eyelid with a primer.
- The lower eyelid draw shadows of medium tone. The fold of the eyelid, starting from the middle part, is highlighted with shadows of the same color, moving to the outer edge.
- On the outer corner of the eyelid, connect the lines drawn by the shadows. Cover the corner with dark shadows.
- Apply light shadows to the space from the inner corner of the eye to the dark shadows. Using shading, make a magical transition between colors.
- Thoroughly color the eyelashes, paying attention to the eyelashes growing
on the outer edge of the eye. Apply mascara to them, pulling the brush to the side of the temple, as if pulling. The lower eyelashes are also good to color, but only at the corner of the eye.
- To add eyelash volume along the outer edge of the eyelid, use false eyelashes – bunches. Stick them and curl.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
Face fitness for lifting the face contour, rejuvenation, muscle tone. Master class from Elena Karkukli
The emphasis in this case is on the outer corner of the eyelid. In order not to make the eyes even more rounded, you should not pluck your eyebrows too much, make them thin and high. Instead of a liner, use a brown or blue pencil to draw arrows.
For work you will need:
- base or light powder;
- light shadows
- dark shadows;
- contour pencil;
- beige kayal;
- mascara with villi, significantly lengthening the eyelashes.
How to increase eyes with makeup – a detailed description for owners of round eyes:
- Powder the upper eyelid. Draw a thin arrow with a pencil, starting from the middle of the century, moving towards the outer edge of the eye.
- Duplicate the line with dark shadows and darken the outside of the eye. Without going to the upper motionless eyelid, apply shadow on the moving part of the eyelid. Pointing the brush up to the edge of the eyebrow, blend the shadows.
- Apply light shadows on the inner and middle part of the eyelid, brush the border of flowers with a brush.
- Pearl shades cover the inner corner.
- Starting the movement with a pencil in the middle, draw the lower eyelid. Shade the line slightly. To visually narrow and stretch round eyes, make the arrow wide and stretch its edge towards the eyebrow. From the middle to the inner corner draw lines with a light kayal.
- Ink mascara. Dye eyelashes at the outer edge 2-3 times.
An excellent solution for round eyes will be makeup in the style of “smokey”.
To work, you will need shades of 3 colors – light (beige or gray) graphite and black, as well as:
- light powder or primer;
- black mineral eyeliner;
- black lengthening mascara.
- First, lighten the skin of the eyelids with light powder.
- With a mineral pencil, draw a wide arrow, stretching it out on the outer edge, blend with a felt pencil or applicator.
- Apply black shadows to the crease of the eyelid, blend with the fingertips.
- Graphite shadows cover the eyelid located above the fold. The color should be applied mainly to the outer corner and stretch it to the temple, thus lengthening the eyes. Select the lower eyelid with the same color. On the visible mucous membrane of the eyelid, draw a black arrow from the middle to the edge. This technique is acceptable with small eyes of this shape.
- Light shadows cover the inner part of the upper eyelid, thoroughly shading the colors.
- Thicker upper lashes with black mascara. The bottom should not be painted.
In the impending century
Tips for make-up artists for eyes with an overhanging or “falling” eyelid:
- Apply shades of dark shades slightly above the crease of the eyelid. Perform this step with your eyes open. Light or pearlescent shadows (with a shimmer) are applied to the moving eyelid.
- Do not use shadows with glitter or mother of pearl for the crease of the eyelid – the shine in this area will steal the volume of the eyes.
- No need to abandon the liner or contour pencils, fearing that the eyeliner will exacerbate the drawback.
- Apply primer to the entire area of the upper eyelid.
- Shadow with a shimmer to cover a moving eyelid.
- Without closing your eyes, dark shadows indicate the space above the fold of the eyelid. With the applicator, make a circular motion along the eyelid, slightly above the fold, repeating the bend of the eyebrows. Then close your eyes and blur the border of light and dark shadows.
- To draw an arrow, you must first draw a thin line on the closed eye. Open the eye and, without closing it, draw a second arrow, slightly higher than the first. Fill the space inside the arrows with eyeliner. No need to worry that the arrow will be too wide. With open eyes, part of its width will be hidden.
- To make your eyes wide open, eyelashes first curl. Apply mascara thoroughly to the hairs. The first time to hold a brush, as usual, placing it horizontally to the eye. Lift the brush vertically and dye all the eyelashes again.
In order for the eyes to be more open and expressive, it is worth making a rule to curl the eyelashes with special forceps. Eyelashes that are light by nature, like eyebrows, can be tinted. So dark eyelashes will look more voluminous.
For eyelash extensions, it is better to give preference to beams. With their help, you can “stretch” the corner of the eye. Eyelashes on the tape, long and fluffy, on the contrary, are not suitable for small eyes.
The shape and color of eyebrows can significantly affect the overall makeup. Painting with henna or special paint will make them bright and clearly defined.
You can raise eyebrows by removing excess vegetation on the bridge of the nose and the fixed part of the eyelid under the eyebrow. A simple technique, like brightening the skin under the eyebrow, adds volume to the eyes.
Painted and well-groomed eyebrows look thicker. The gaps between the hairs can be shaded with a special eyebrow pencil or shades to match the hair. Modern makeup can create a miracle, you need to make a little effort. A woman should not be upset if her eyes are not very large and her eyelashes are not long enough.
You can enlarge your eyes and make them expressive, just with the help of decorative cosmetics.
Posted by: tanya_254
Video on how to enlarge eyes with makeup
How to increase eyes with makeup:
How to increase eyes: