Dandruff is one of the main problems with hair. Many have been trying for a long time to get rid of it, without even knowing how to properly and quickly treat dandruff on the head, what factors are the cause of its occurrence.
- Causes of Dandruff
- Types of seborrhea
- Effective Medicinal Dandruff Shampoos
- Anti-Dandruff Products
- Oil Dandruff Wraps
- Head massage
- Proper massage technique
- Darsonval for dandruff
- Homemade dandruff masks
- Salt against dandruff
- Apple Cider Vinegar
- Tar soap for dandruff
- Onion from peeling the skin on the head
- Soda Remedy
- Brown bread for dandruff
- Garlic anti-peeling skin
- What can not be done with peeling scalp
- Dandruff Prevention
- Video about ways to get rid of dandruff
Causes of Dandruff
Dandruff occurs due to impaired functionality of the sebaceous glands. Sebum excretion can both decrease and increase. The inflammatory process of the epidermis of the head is usually accompanied by a change in the composition of sebum at the chemical level.
The main causes of the problem:
- Fungus Malassezia Furfur / Pityrosporum Ovale;
- dermatitis of contact origin;
- diseases that contribute to the appearance of dandruff: cardiovascular, disruption of the gastrointestinal tract, Parkinson’s disease.
Most often, dandruff occurs in people:
- old age;
- having oily type of skin and hair;
- improperly caring for hair.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
Fashionable hair colors this year. Photos and trends of hairdressing.
Types of seborrhea
How to cure dandruff on the head can be found by determining its type. Seborrhea is divided into 3 types according to the type of scalp.
Fatty seborrhea often occurs in women under 30 years old. Often a companion of this ailment is vegetoneurosis. Also during adolescence, during puberty, there may be an increased secretion of sebum on the face and hair, which also causes seborrhea.
Such an age-related change is considered the norm and is called the physiological form of the disease. In men, long-term treatment of the disease can cause alopecia (baldness).
Treat a fatty type of dandruff in this way:
- special shampoos;
- getting rid of bad habits;
- selection of the right food;
- taking the necessary vitamin;
The dry type of seborrhea is characterized by a low release of fat by skin cells. Because of this, a plentiful amount of scales appears on the hair. The main reasons for its occurrence are: stress, lifestyle changes, low immunity, malnutrition.
This leads to a reduction in the natural cycle of exfoliation of dead cells. A sign of dry dandruff is brittle and dry hair. They become thinner, begin to fall out and split.
The skin becomes more irritated and sensitive. Often she begins to itch and become covered with a thick layer of scales. Causes dry seborrhea fungus Pityosporum ovale.
Treatment can be lengthy and consist of a set of actions:
- nutrition enriched with vitamins and minerals;
- vitamin complex;
- remedies for fungus;
- medicines – ointments;
- special shampoos.
Mixed seborrhea combines both symptoms of oily and dry dandruff. It can spread to the face area. Some areas are oily and flaky, and some are prone to dry seborrhea.
It is necessary to treat seborrhea of any type under the supervision of a trichologist, since initially it is necessary to identify the root cause of dandruff. For therapy, all methods are used that are suitable for the treatment of both oily and dry types of seborrhea.
Effective Medicinal Dandruff Shampoos
Dandruff on the scalp can be cured by special means both in the form of hair rinses and in the form of shampoos.
They should include therapeutic components: ketoconazole, bifonazole, tar, salicylic acid.
- Nizoral – shampoo includes the active substance ketoconazole – an antimycotic substance designed to reduce dandruff. Shampoo is considered one of the most effective. It can be used in the fight against pityriasis versicolor on the scalp, liquid and thick seborrhea. It enhances local immunity, protecting the integument from the penetration of other dangerous microorganisms. You need to use shampoo while washing your hair, leaving the applied product for 5 minutes. Then it is washed off with warm water.
- Algopix – tar and salicylic acid are part of the drug. In addition to a well-defined antifungal effect, it also has antibacterial effects. Salicylic acid thoroughly flushes fat from the skin and strands – the main propagation medium of the fungus. The necessary amount of product is applied to wet hair and scalp and left for 10 minutes. Rinse it off with warm water, rinsing thoroughly.
- Sulsena – the main component of the drug is selenium disulfide. Its action is aimed at normalizing the functionality of the sebaceous glands, and the cycle of reproduction of epidermal cells. It contributes to the timely maturation of the cell and its normal exfoliation. The active ingredient reduces the ability of a fungal infection to grow and spread. Soak shampoo on hair for 3 minutes.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
Fashionable bob haircut for medium hair. Photo, front and rear view.
Sulfur ointment – sulfuric acid in the composition:
- relieves irritation;
- removes dryness;
- kills a fungal infection.
It is necessary to apply the ointment for 1 week, applying it to the scalp for 5 minutes. After this, the drug is washed off with warm water. To obtain the desired result, do not use balms, masks and conditioners before conducting a therapeutic procedure.
Sulsen paste – selenium disulfide in the composition:
- restores the proper functioning of the sebaceous glands;
- removes inflammatory processes;
- struggling with the cause of seborrhea.
For 1 application, a small amount of paste (with a teaspoon) is enough. After washing the hair, the ointment is distributed over the roots of the hair. The duration of aging is 20 minutes Rinse your head well with warm running water.
Salicylic ointment is a remedy effective against fungal dandruff. The main active compound is salicylic acid. It kills the spores of the pathogenic fungus and does not allow it to multiply. Additionally, the substance removes excessive salivation and slightly dries the s
kin. Pores under the influence of ointment are cleaned and disinfected.
The use of the ointment is quite simple: a thin layer of the drug is applied to dry skin. You need to do this in 30 minutes. before washing your hair. Experts recommend washing the ointment with a specialized shampoo from a fungus.
During application, a burning sensation may occur, if it intensifies, the ointment must be washed off. If such a reaction appears, this may be a sign of an allergy, then you should refuse to use salicylic ointment.
Zinc ointment. Zinc disinfects, soothes and dries. Inflammatory foci pass, the skin begins to heal. It is applied to dry skin for 30 – 40 minutes. Washed off with warm water. For the best result, you can add special essential oils that have a beneficial effect on the hair.
Oil Dandruff Wraps
They knew how to treat dandruff on the head from ancient times and used oils for this. They help restore the health of the hair thanks to the proper nutrition of the follicles with essential vitamins. Well, they show themselves in the fight against fungus, so they are used to treat dandruff.
Oils are better suited:
- sea buckthorn;
You can use them 2 times a week. The duration of the course is 2 months. The procedure itself is easy: oil is rubbed into the scalp. Then they wrap her up. Wash off the oil thoroughly using ordinary shampoo.
- improves blood circulation;
- restores skin cells;
- improves well-being.
The duration of the massage does not take more than 15 minutes. Trichologists advise this method to use 2 times a week. It is necessary to do massage before washing the head – it stimulates the production of sebum and leads to rapid hair contamination.
Proper massage technique
Start the massage from the back of the head, with the thumbs on the neck at the edge of the hair. They should be in contact, and the remaining fingers, placed behind the ears, move smoothly up.
The following movements allow you to warm the skin – smooth stroking the head without pressure on it. Spaced fingers need to move in a circle, trying to cover the entire area of the head. Hands should rest on thumbs. Having placed the pillows on the head, you need to make pushing movements. The massage ends with a relaxing pat on the head.
Darsonval for dandruff
This method provides a high-quality and lasting result in the fight against dandruff and seborrheic dermatitis. Darsonvalization improves the metabolism of epidermal cells and restores acid-base balance. As a result of this effect, the skin becomes less irritated, peeling and itching disappear.
The special electrode nozzle has the shape of a comb for combing. It affects the skin while smoothly conducting it on the head. To make the result more tangible, experts apply cocktails with medicinal components (with antifungal, healing, nourishing effects) to the patients’ heads.
The duration of the procedure is 5-15 minutes. The course includes daily use of darsonval for 10–25 days. Sessions can be carried out 1 time in 2 days.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
Fashionable bob cut for short hair. Photo, front and rear view.
Homemade dandruff masks
At home, dandruff can be combated using masks.
A mask based on oil and marshmallow seeds has a calming, healing effect:
- 2 tablespoon seeds pour 10 tablespoon. vegetable oils (olive, sunflower).
- For 2 hours, the mixture is kept in a water bath.
- Rub warm oil into the hair roots, wrap it with a film and a towel.
- After 30 minutes it is washed off with shampoo.
Do the wrap 1 time per week. After 10-12 procedures take a break for 1 month. and repeat the course again.
A mask based on olive oil and lemon juice helps in the fight against the strong manifestation of seborrhea. Squeeze the juice of half a lemon into a bowl, add 4 tablespoon. oils from olives, and heated in a water bath. The product is applied in a warm form to dry skin before washing your hair. After an hour, it is washed off with warm water and shampoo.
Salt against dandruff
Salt has an active antiseptic effect, so it is used in the fight against dandruff.
Additionally, it helps:
- exfoliate dead skin cells faster;
- normalize the production of sebum;
- stimulate hair growth;
- inhibit the process of baldness.
Use salt in different ways, adding to masks or making compresses, scrubs. More often it is rubbed into the scalp. Do this on slightly damp hair 3 minutes before washing it or after hygienic procedures on roots that are already slightly towel dried. Then the salt is rinsed with warm running water.
Having increased intracranial pressure, it is worthwhile to carefully make masks or compresses, listening to your own health. Also, experts do not recommend using salt when there are wounds on the skin.
Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar contains a large number of beneficial substances, which, due to their low acidity, penetrate the hair follicle. It has a bactericidal effect and is actively fighting the fungus.
How to cure dandruff on the head with vinegar, experts say. It can be used in lotions, homemade masks or as a rinse aid.
The duration of the course is 10 days. Procedures are done every other day. Vinegar must be diluted with water. For rinsing after normal head washing, dilute 2 tablespoon. cider vinegar in 6,76 fluid ounce of warm water. For the mask (for 40 min.) 1 tablespoon. vinegar and 1 tablespoon burdock oil is co
mbined with 2/3 glasses of water and applied to the hair, wrapping it with a film. The mask is washed off with warm water.
Tar soap for dandruff
A small amount of birch tar in the soap can kill bacteria and fungi, which are the main cause of dandruff. This component contains nutrients that are beneficial for the scalp. After its proper application, the hair becomes more elastic and strong.
The soap is foamed in the hands and the resulting foam is rubbed into the scalp. Rinse it off after 2-3 minutes.
Another option involves washing your hair in a basin with soapy water. The solution of tar soap should not be very concentrated. The head is lowered into the basin so that the hair roots touch the water. In a circular motion of the fingers usd water into the skin for 3-5 minutes. Then the hair is washed and rinsed with water with a small addition of vinegar or lemon juice.
It is not necessary to use tar soap often – it can cause irritation. Enough 1 time per week for 1-2 months.
Onion from peeling the skin on the head
Onions from dandruff and seborrhea have long been used. The mask from it saturates the hair follicles with minerals, nutrients and vitamins.
For an onion mask, you need to take 2 tablespoon. minced onion through a meat grinder and add 1 teaspoons. alcohol. The resulting slurry must be rubbed into the roots of the hair, covered with a film and a towel. After an hour, the mixture is washed off.
For this tool you will need ordinary soda and water. Slightly diluted soda (4 tablespoons) is applied to the roots and rubbed. After 3 minutes Wash off with cold water. So the scalp is cleansed of dandruff and excess fat.
Brown bread for dandruff
Black bread masks have an exceptional composition:
- alimentary fiber;
- organic acids;
- complex of vitamins.
Hair after application of brown bread becomes shiny, healthy. Hair follicles receive the necessary nutrition. Bread gently cleanses the head of dandruff.
To soften the crumb of bread, boiled water, mineral water without gas, or decoctions of herbs are used:
After softening, the bread is beaten with a blender. Apply the mask after washing your hair and applying conditioner. Wrap your head with polyethylene and a terry towel. After 30-60 minutes the composition is washed off, the hair is dried, combed out.
Garlic anti-peeling skin
As an effective remedy, garlic is used – it can cure dandruff on the head, improve and strengthen the hair structure, and prevent early graying. For wrapping, use grated garlic on a fine grater. The gruel is rubbed into the skin a few hours before washing the hair. After that, the head is wrapped with a film and a towel.
What can not be done with peeling scalp
Experts advise to adhere to some recommendations:
- Do not use flavored hair products. They can cause irritation.
- Do not wash your hair more than 1 time in 2 days.
- No need to use heavy conditioners, which are poorly washed off.
- Purchased masks must be used clearly according to the instructions; they cannot be rubbed unless indicated on the packaging.
To prevent dandruff you need:
- choose the right nutrition;
- boost immunity with vitamins and a healthy lifestyle;
- choose the most natural cosmetics for hair and their hygiene.
For frequent use, a mild shampoo is more suitable, which contains components that normalize sebum secretion.
Among the home remedies for the fight against seborrhea and its prevention are:
- Aspirin – 2 tablets dissolved in water to a mushy state. Then it is added to a portion of shampoo when washing your hair.
- Lemon juice and clay – lemon juice is added to cosmetic clay. Apply the product to the roots of the hair and their entire length. In 15–20 minutes wash off the mask.
Seborrhea is a real problem not only for women, but also for men. Therefore, it is important to know how to properly and effectively treat dandruff on the head.
Adhering to certain rules, leading a healthy lifestyle, performing useful procedures, you can quickly get rid of the problem.
Video about ways to get rid of dandruff
How to deal with dandruff: