To understand why hands are cracked to blood and what to do in such a situation, you must first find out all the existing causes, and then choose the appropriate methods of treating the disease.
- Topical ointment treatment
- Hormonal drugs
- Non-hormonal drugs
- Antifungal ointments and creams
- Fungal infection pills
- Cosmetic creams
- Treatment of cracks in the hands of an allergic origin
- How to treat cracks in psoriasis
- How to treat cracks in eczema
- How to treat seasonal hand cracks
- Folk recipes
- Cracked diet
- Skin treatment if cracks in the fingers – video tips:
Topical ointment treatment
You can use topical ointments:
- Hormonal ointments – it is dangerous to use without consulting a doctor, you must consider the possibility of complications. Such drugs are prescribed only for adults. Some of the drugs include antifungal, anti-inflammatory, analgesic components and serve as an antibiotic.
- Non-hormonal ointments – these include drugs with a moisturizing, drying and anti-inflammatory effect.
Celestoderm – an antibiotic, is an integral part of this drug. It is made in the form of cream and ointment. This drug is prescribed for the treatment of eczema, dermatitis and psoriasis. It is applied to damaged skin 2 times a day.
Advantan is an anti-inflammatory drug. It relieves swelling, eliminates itching. The form of manufacture is cream and ointment. It treats various types of dermatitis. It is applied in a small amount on hands once a day. Advantan is not recommended for use for longer than 1 month.
Flucinar – a release form – in the form of ointment and cream. Designed to treat severe damage to the skin of the hands. Used to treat seborrhea, psoriasis, lichen, eczema. The composition must be applied no more than 2 weeks.
Non-hormonal drugs are considered the most affordable and popular. But they have one significant drawback – this is a weak action. Doctors prescribe their use only for mild skin diseases.
These drugs include:
- Bepanten – used to protect against external factors, such as wind, frost. You can also use it with diaper dermatitis. Moisturizes the skin and has a regenerative effect.
- Elidel – relieves inflammation, eliminates itching, prevents the onset of eczema and various forms of dermatitis. The cream is applied 2 times a day, it is left until completely absorbed into the skin.
- Eplan is an easy remedy prescribed for insect bites, itching, and acne. But it is also used for psoriasis. Apply until symptoms disappear.
- Zinc ointment – prescribed for both adults and children, pregnant and newborns. It removes puffiness, eliminates itching and redness. Apply to clean, dry skin. Damaged skin areas are smeared up to 5 times a day.
Antifungal ointments and creams
Hands may crack to blood due to a fungal infection. Doctors believe that in this case, it is best to usd the antifungal ointments and creams:
- Clotrimazole is a cream for fungus. It has an antimycotic effect, antimicrobial effect. Suitable for the treatment of fungal infections in skin folds. After treatment with this drug, the rules for the prevention of fungal diseases must be observed.
- Pimafucin is an antifungal antibiotic with a wide spectrum of action. It destroys the cell membrane of microorganisms, and they die. The composition is applied several times a day. The course of treatment is selected individually for each. After the symptoms disappear, Pimafucin must be used for several more days.
- Lomexin – is available in the form of capsules and cream. It is an antifungal and antibacterial agent. It should not be used without going through a doctor’s consultation. The cream must be thoroughly rubbed into the affected area of the skin. Apply 1-2 times a day. The duration of treatment is determined by the attending physician.
- Miconazole is another broad-spectrum drug. The dosage and duration of treatment are prescribed by the doctor individually for everyone. The ointment is applied in the morning and evening, with a thin layer, by thoroughly rubbing it into the skin.
Fungal infection pills
Hands crack to blood – a dermatologist will tell you what to do with this problem. Along with ointments and creams, he can also prescribe pills for fungal infections, the task of which is to stop the growth and reproduction of the fungus, creating the conditions for its death. These drugs include:
- Fluconazole is a remedy for the prevention of skin fungus from AIDS patients during the period of radiation treatment of cancer, mycoses. Applicable only for adults once a day. The duration of treatment is selected individually.
- Lamisil is a broad-spectrum antifungal agent. Fungi that cause diseases of the skin, nails and hair are sensitive to it. Tablets are taken orally 1 time per day. The dosage and duration of treatment is prescribed by the doctor, depending on the severity of the disease.
In order not to crack the hands to the blood, it is necessary to apply cosmetic creams. They make the skin of the hands supple.
Hand skin care products can be divided into types:
- Cream serum. They are quickly and easily absorbed into the skin, restore it in a short period of time.
- Moisturizing emulsions . The main task of the emulsion is to fill the epidermis with moisture. Therefore, such creams consist of a large amount of water, valuable oils and hyaluronic acid.
- Seasonal balms . They are used for severe temperature changes. They create a protective film on the surface of the skin that protects the skin from damage.
- Protective hydrophilic creams . Serve to reduce the negative impact of environmental factors. The composition of this cream includes natural waxes.
- Nourishing creams . The composition of such creams includes many nutritious oils and emulsions.
- Therapeutic creams . The composition contains a large number of natural plant extracts. In addition to rejuvenating the skin of the hands, such creams solve the problem with cracks, peeling and pigmentation.
- Creams containing sunscreens . Protect from ultraviolet radiation.
Treatment of cracks in the hands of an allergic origin
When the skin comes into contact with allergens, allergic reactions can occur that can develop into a severe form of the disease – this is eczema, and other types of dermatitis.
Allergic reactions result from exposure to:
- household chemicals;
- industrial chemistry;
You should pay attention to what causes a sensation of itching and burning. And immediately limit contact with these substances.
Of the drugs, it is recommended to use talkers, creams and ointments. Among these drugs, the following can be distinguished:
For children, a remedy such as Fenistil and Skin-cap is well suited.
How to treat cracks in psoriasis
Psoriasis often occurs in those who:
- addicted to alcohol;
- is overweight;
- eating wrong.
This disease can not be treated independently, it is necessary to consult a doctor who will determine the signs of psoriasis, the degree of damage and prescribe the appropriate treatment.
Treatment should be comprehensive and include:
- Means of local action.
- General-purpose drugs (oral administration).
- Herbal medicine treatment.
For treatment, hormonal and non-hormonal ointments are used.
Hormonal drugs reduce the intensity of metabolic processes in affected skin cells. There are also such drugs, which include vasoconstrictor substances. Such products are doubly effective.
Common hormonal drugs are Triderm, Dermoveyt, Elokom.
Non-hormonal drugs are aimed at moisturizing the skin. They are not dangerous and do not upset the hormonal balance. Popular drugs are Pikladol, Dawn, Psorilom and others.
How to treat cracks in eczema
An equally dangerous disease, when the skin of the hands cracking up to blood, is eczema. It is characteristic that independent treatment, as with psoriasis, cannot be dealt with.
Eczema affects not only the surface layer of the skin, but also penetrates into the deeper layers of the epidermis, but is not contagious and is not transmitted from a sick person to a healthy one. This kind of disease cannot be completely cured.
But if you do everything right, follow the doctor’s recommendations and take the appropriate drugs correctly, then eczema will appear on the hands less and less.
Drug treatment for eczema is:
- elimination of skin contact with allergens (if known);
- the use of ointments D-Pantol, Bepantol, Solcoseryl, which should be applied to the skin 3 times a day;
- the use of ointments with an active antibacterial component: Levomekol, Bepanten Plus, Vulnuzan;
- the use of local antiseptics, which include alcohol: Miramistin, Chlorhexidine, Fucorcin and hydrogen peroxide;
- the use of cosmetics with an extract of plantain, calendula, propolis.
How to treat seasonal hand cracks
Weather events accompanied by temperature changes adversely affect the skin of the hands. To solve the problem, folk recipes are used, for example, ointment from honey flowers, ointment from soap dish with the addition of goose fat, ointment, which includes flower powder. Apply compresses and baths for hands.
Folk methods for treating cracks include the use of a variety of compresses, baths, lotions.
- Hand bath with flaxseed – 0,3 gallon. water is boiled 50 gr. flaxseed. In a cooled composition, keep hands for at least 20 minutes. The product is then not washed off.
- Mask of lilac oil – well lubricate the hands with lilac oil, wrap them with a towel. Withstand the procedure for 30 minutes. Remove the remaining oil from the hands with a napkin. A hand mask is done 1 time in 4 days.
- Mask made from banana, sea buckthorn oil, honey – the mask softens the skin of the hands well. To prepare the mask, you need 1 banana, 0,2 – 0,3 fluid ounce of liquid honey, 2 teaspoons. sea buckthorn oil. All ingredients mix well and the composition is applied to the skin of the hands. Cotton gloves are put on top, and the composition is aged for about an hour. Doing the procedure is not recommended more than 3 times a week.
- Mask of raw potatoes and milk – raw potatoes reduce inflammation, and milk also softens the skin. To prepare the mask, you need to grate the peeled potatoes, add a glass of warm milk, mix everything. Hands are lowered into the prepared mixture and incubated for 15 minutes. After the procedure, hands should be rinsed with water and a moisturizer applied.
- Propolis ointment – propolis has an anti-inflammatory, disinfecting and analgesic effect. In a water bath, it is necessary to warm up 20 g of propolis and 100 g of vegetable oil. All mixed for 30-40 minutes. The resulting composition is filtered, cooled, and the ointment is ready. It is stored in the refrigerator and used for skin diseases. It can be used for prophylaxis several times a week.
- Potato compress – boiled potatoes contribute to the rapid healing of cracks in the hands. Mashed potatoes with olive oil are made from several potatoes pre-cooked. Apply the composition in a thick layer and put on plastic gloves, and warm on top. The compress is held in hands until it cools completely. Then the hands are washed with water and smeared with cream. The process is carried out several times a week.
- Oil and petroleum jelly treatment – when the skin on the hands is cracked to blood, then at night it is recommended to usd any oil: linseed, olive. Then they put on gloves and leave them on until morning. Vaseline can also be combined with melted honey in a 5: 1 ratio. Hand cracks are handled in the daytime.
To restore the skin, you must adhere to a certain diet. It is important that the menu includes:
- protein food;
- dairy products;
- fresh fruits and vegetables;
- vitamins A and E, fish oil.
If the skin of the hands is cracked to blood, it is recommended to consult a doctor first to find out the cause of the disease, then use ointments and creams, as well as make masks and baths for hands, prepared according to folk recipes.
Skin treatment if cracks in the fingers – video tips: