An oily type of facial skin often requires special care and a careful selection of cosmetics for daily hygiene. The following article describes the main subtleties and features of cleansing oily skin, and also gives examples of masks, creams, lotions, the composition of which will be ideal for regular use by its owners.
- Signs of oily skin
- Causes of excessive oily skin
- Oily Skin Care Principles
- Morning care for oily skin
- Oily skin care during the day
- Evening treatment for oily skin
- Masks for eliminating excessive fat
- Lotions and tonics
- Soap based on white, blue clay, oatmeal
- Sea salt, lemon juice, honey, wheat bran scrubs
- Oils to fight oily skin
- Creams from professional brands
- Phytotherapy. Herbs for oily skin
- Medications that normalize fat metabolism
- Physiotherapy. Cosmetic hardware procedures
- Normalization of lifestyle and nutrition
- Video: How to care for oily skin
Signs of oily skin
Care and cosmetics for oily skin, the rules and procedures of which are significantly different from caring for a normal, dry or combination type, require careful analysis and examination only after a person makes sure that his skin is really oily.
A number of signs indicate this fact:
- excessive “oiliness” of the skin even after hygiene procedures;
- the presence of irregularities, a large number of black spots and acne, especially in the area of the T – zone;
- skin dull, grayish tinge;
- uneven makeup and low resistance;
- the presence of local areas of oily skin on the body, in most cases on the back or chest;
- quick “salting” of hair;
- transillumination of the vascular plexus on the temporal or frontal area of the face;
- the occurrence and active development of seborrhea.
Causes of excessive oily skin
It is important for the owners of the type of skin under consideration not only to make sure that their skin can be characterized as oily, but also to understand the causes of excessive sebum, which is the result of significant disturbances in the normal functioning of the sebaceous glands.
To “stimulants” of this kind traditionally include:
- hormonal disorders in the human body, for example, excessive production of testosterone;
- deviations in the work of the endocrine system;
- excessive consumption of “unhealthy” food: fatty, spicy, sweet and so on;
- genetic predisposition;
- misconduct (lack of physical activity, short sleep, frequent stress, regular psychological overload of the nervous system, and so on);
- various dysfunctions in the work of the digestive tract, as well as the pancreas and gastric glands;
- periodic occurrence of flaky areas on the face and body;
- insufficient or improper skin care (“aggressive” cleansing with scrubs, drying lotions, peels, and so on).
Oily Skin Care Principles
Oily skin of the face implies not only careful selection of special cosmetics for caring for it, but also compliance with the basic rules and recommendations for hygiene procedures by its owners.
Professional dermatologists and qualified cosmetologists recommend:
- Carry out regular procedures to cleanse the skin surface from excess fat and contaminants “sticking” to it, using special tools designed specifically for its oily type.
- To exclude the use of alcohol-containing cosmetics, in view of the existing danger of excessive “drying” of the skin and further aggravation of the situation with its condition.
- Carry out deep cleaning of the skin layers with the help of peels or scrubs, but not more often 1-2 times a week. Otherwise, the skin may lose its protective functions, which is most often manifested in the excessive appearance of acne or acne, comedones.
- Do not squeeze acne, acne on your own and, if possible, avoid touching your face with dirty hands during the day, especially the T-zone area.
- To minimize the use of oil-based cosmetics and to prefer her funds with a natural “herbal” composition.
- Lead a healthy lifestyle: exercise, move more, breathe fresh air, get enough sleep, and minimize stressful situations.
- Revise the diet, excluding sweet, flour, spicy, fried, convenience foods, fast food and so on.
- Timely change the bedclothes to clean, especially for pillowcases that can “accumulate” microbes and bacteria, causing disruption of the sebaceous glands.
- Every day before bedtime, remove makeup before direct washing, thereby providing oxygen access to the skin of the face, contributing to the normalization of fat production in the area under consideration.
Morning care for oily skin
Owners of oily facial skin it is imperative to start the day with “care” procedures with cosmetics, while observing some rules regarding their sequence:
- First you need to wash with cool water with a cleansing gel or foam. At the first stage, “waking up” and cleansing of the skin of fat and dirt accumulated in the pores during sleep occurs. It is important to choose the right “soft” cosmetic products that provide gentle care, in order to avoid drying out or damage to the skin.
- Next, wipe the skin with a special, narrowing pore tonic. After direct purification, there is a need to tone and “close” its steamed layer. It is advisable to give preference to tonics, which include zinc oxide or salicylic acid. It is best to refuse alcohol-containing products in order to avoid the appearance of excessive dryness or peeling.
- At the next stage, it is recommended to apply a special moisturizing base cream with a low content of fatty components and oils. Such cosmetics are traditionally marked “non-comedogenic”, which means a low probability of “clogging” pores with artificial dyes, thickeners and so on. The composition of an ideal cream with a “light” structure should include fatty acids, natural “antiseptics”, for example, birch, chamomile, tea tree and others.
- At the final stage, it is necessary to apply special SPF-funds, namely, foundation or mineral powder. The specified type of cosmetics will help to avoid excessive damage to oily skin by aggressive ultraviolet rays. In their choice, it is advisable to focus not only on the “non-comedogenic” mark, but also the recommendation for their use to owners of sensitive skin. SPF – the indicator should be at least 20. This level will be enough to protect oily skin from the sun and give “freshness” to the face in a daily environment.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
Face fitness for lifting the face contour, rejuvenation, muscle tone. Master class from Elena Karkukli
Oily skin care during the day
Means for oily skin, rules and procedures differ with similar processes for cleaning other types of facial surfaces, require not only morning manipulations, but also attention to the skin throughout the day.
It is necessary to take as a rule:
Wipe your face with wipes that remove greasy shine. Such cosmetics are very convenient when applied on the road or during the working day due to the compactness of their packaging and ease of use, which does not req
uire additional “care tools” and conditions.
- Use scrubs periodically . Owners of oily skin should not often resort to scrubbing, due to the danger of mechanical damage to its upper layer. It will be sufficient 1-2 times a week. Choosing the cosmetics in question is based on the natural components that make up its composition, as well as the size of “abrasives”, which should be minimal to clean the skin from excess fat.
- Peel with products containing AXA acid at least 2 times a week. Such procedures gently “exfoliate” keratinized skin cells, contributing to the full flow of oxygen to it.
- Use face masks specifically designed for oily skin, contributing to its matting, every other day. The composition of these cosmetics should also be as natural as possible and include as many natural ingredients as possible.
Evening treatment for oily skin
Evening care for oily skin should also be mandatory for owners of this type of skin.
Professional dermatologists and qualified cosmetologists recommend:
- Every day before bedtime, cleanse the skin from makeup. Pore blockage, resulting from a lack of oxygen entering the lower layers of the skin surface during the round-the-clock finding of the makeup layer on the face, can cause significant disruptions to the sebaceous glands of the body.
- Apply a moisturizing night cream. Oily skin, in spite of its external excessive “moisture”, like no other type, needs a “complex” nutrition. Due to the regular use of moisturizers before bedtime, it is possible to stabilize the production of sebum and reduce the number of enlarged pores, especially in the T – zone.
Masks for eliminating excessive fat
Care for oily skin involves following a certain algorithm, the use of masks to eliminate excessive production of sebum.
Among the most effective of them, according to people who monitor their appearance, we can name:
- Mask of starch, milk and low fat yogurt. Milk and yogurt in a 1: 1 ratio must be mixed with starch until a thick, viscous consistency is formed. The resulting mixture is recommended to be applied to the face and “stand” for 30 minutes. At the end of the procedure, rinse your face with plenty of running water, removing the mask with light massage movements.
- A mask of kefir and yeast. A bag of traditional yeast for baking must be diluted with kefir with a low percentage of fat content until a viscous “slurry” is obtained. Next, you need to apply the mixture on the face. Using cotton soaked in room temperature water, it is important to cleanse the skin after 15 minutes.
- Mask of protein, lemon juice and aloe . Mix into a mass of a single consistency 1 protein, 1 teaspoon of freshly squeezed lemon juice and 1 tablespoon of aloe. Apply the mixture to the face, after “having stood” it for 15 minutes. Rinse your face with cool water or gently remove the mask with cotton pads.
Lotions and tonics
Speaking about oily skin care products used in daily hygiene procedures, we mean lotions and tonics. Modern manufacturers of goods in this segment offer the consumer a wide selection of cosmetics that promise a visible effect in the shortest possible time.
The most popular of them are:
- Pure Line lotion with calendula broth. The cost of this tool varies from $ 1,02 – $ 1,4. It contains extracts of calendula, chamomile, and sequences that can significantly reduce the production of sebum, as well as relieve inflammation and reduce rashes. The lotion must be applied to a cotton pad and wipe the face in this way 2 times a day: morning and evening.
- Tonic Natura Siberica Cleansing. The cost of such a tonic on average is $ 3 – $ 4 per 6,76 fluid ounce. The uniqueness of its composition is the complete absence of artificial parabens, fragrances or synthetic dyes. Extracts of chamomile, sage and oregano contribute to the matting and “smoothing” of the skin without its uncomfortable “tightening”. According to the manufacturer’s recommendations for the use of tonic, it must be applied to the skin 2-3 times a day as the “oily” shine reappears.
Soap based on white, blue clay, oatmeal
Care for oily skin requires strict organization, it is allowed to use not only professional cosmetics, but also products prepared at home, for example, soap. It delicately dries places of excessive accumulation of oily sheen on the face, and also serves as a kind of disinfector that removes accumulated dirt and germs.
- A piece of pre-ground ordinary baby soap is mixed with half a glass of any herbal decoction (ideally marigold or chamomile). Then the resulting mixture is heated in a water bath until a porridge-like consistency is obtained. Having reached the desired appearance, in the soap base obtained, add 1 teaspoon of white or blue clay and a little freshly squeezed lemon juice. Pour into a mold and cool.
- Mix a piece of pre-ground baby soap with half a glass of herbal decoction and turn the resulting mixture into a viscous “lotion”. Add 5 drops of any essential oils (ideally peppermint) and a tablespoon of ground oatmeal to flour. After cooling the resulting substance in the form, use it for daily washing.
Sea salt, lemon juice, honey, wheat bran scrubs
- Mix sea salt and freshly squeezed lemon juice in a 1: 1 ratio until a single consistency is obtained. It is advisable to use this scrub 1 to 2 times a week, gently cleansing the skin with massage movements for 2 to 3 minutes. At the end of the procedure, it is necessary to rinse the “processed” skin with running water.
- Mix to obtain a “scrub” consistency 2 tablespoon. tablespoons melted honey, 2 tablespoon. tablespoons of freshly squeezed lemon juice and 1 tablespoon. a spoonful of wheat bran. After making sure that the mixture reaches a temperature that is comfortable for the face, you need to apply clockwise massage movements on the face and rinse the skin with plenty of water.
Such types of scrubs are not only capable of gently cleansing the skin of the face, but also sparing “drying” of acne, as well as its disposal of keratinized particles.
- Poudre Compacte Radiance, YSL Beaute . The cost of this matting powder is on average $ 44. The composition of such a cosmetic product implies the presence of a whole complex of active ingredients that can “fix” makeup, make the skin dull, and also hide the existing imperfections. < img class="aligncenter size-full" src="/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/oily-facial-13-6.jpg" alt="Oily skin of the face and head. Reasons and how to get rid, care and treatment. Creams, mask, powder, gel, oil for problem skin" width="600" height="431">
- Nofilter, NYX Professional Makeup. The price of the mentioned finishing powder is at least $ 13,19. The composition, as close to natural as possible, creates the effect of a perfectly even complexion without oily sheen and other flaws.
- NeoBio Fresh Skin Cleansing Gel. The cost of the cosmetic in question is in most cases $ 3 – $ 4. This gel is recognized as the best organic “assistant” in the fight against oily sheen among its “natural” counterparts. Lactic acid, lemon juice, as well as sea salt, which are part of Fresh Skin, effectively cleanse the skin without irritating it.
- Pure Comfort Cleansing Gel from The price of this product does not exceed $ 4 – $ 5 per 13,53 fluid ounce. Active components, which are extracts of popular herbs that reduce the secretion of the sebaceous glands (chamomile, calendula and others), deeply clean the clogged pores, evening out the overall complexion due to their narrowing.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
Facial massage according to the Japanese doctor Asahi Zogan.
Oils to fight oily skin
Based on the urgent need to moisturize oily skin, oils are actively used in cosmetology that can save the owner of this type of skin from urgent problems with appearance.
This is about:
- apricot kernel oil, eliminating excessive dryness or peeling of certain areas;
- olive oil, which relieves irritation of any origin;
- grape seed oil, which significantly reduces acne, comedones, and acne.
In addition to using the above oils in a “pure form”, cosmetologists and dermatologists also recommend making their own creams on their own.
- Beeswax must be mixed with grape seed oil in a proportion of 15:50. Melt thoroughly and add 5 drops of tea tree. Beat the resulting mixture well and apply as a cream daily 1 to 2 times a day.
- Melt a pre-ground piece of baby soap in a water bath and add 10 drops of apricot kernel oil to it. Mix thoroughly, cool and use as a daily wash 2 times a day.
Creams from professional brands
- Hydro-Stabilizing by Natura Bisse. The cost of such a cream is approximately 6156 per 2,54 fluid ounce. A carefully thought-out composition by professionals in their field allows not only matting the skin, but also restoring the oily epidermis due to the deep nutrition of the cells. The manufacturer recommends using it once a day at bedtime.
- Botanicals by Oxygen. The price of the cosmetic in question is traditionally at least $ 34. Despite the maximum “gentle” composition of the cream, its use allows you to achieve deep hydration of the inner layers of the skin, which with regular use can lead to normalization of the sebaceous glands.
Phytotherapy. Herbs for oily skin
An aqueous herbal solution, prepared in a 2: 1 ratio, is applied to the skin of the face with a richly moistened cotton pad, without rinsing off at the end of the procedure.
Such “pore cleansing agents” are usually made on the basis of:
- green tea extracts;
- mountain ash;
Medications that normalize fat metabolism
- Drops of Graziol EDAS-107. The cost of this drug does not exceed $ 9,52. A homeopathic remedy, taken according to the instructions or prescription of a doctor, will ensure the restoration of the normal functioning of the sebaceous glands.
- Alipid tablets EDAS-907. At its cost, the natural remedy in question is in a similar price category. Graphite, fucus, ignatation, pumpkin oil and other natural components that are part of these drugs contribute to the normalization of metabolic processes in the body and, as a result, the regulation of fat production by the functional glands.
Physiotherapy. Cosmetic hardware procedures
- UZ face cleansing. Cost – from $ 20. It is produced by a qualified craftsman using special equipment that works by ultrasonic waves. The result of the procedure is the elimination of “dead” cells, cleaning clogged pores.
- Darsonvalization. Cost from 2000 per course. It is performed by cosmetologists at home or in the salon using a special device – darsonval, which acts on the skin surface with pulsed alternating current. The result of the procedure is narrowing of the pores, normalization of the secretion of the sebaceous glands.
- Laser “resurfacing”. The cost is from $ 136 for 1 procedure. It is made by skilled craftsmen, exclusively in specially equipped rooms with the help of a laser, which “polishes” the upper layers of the skin. The result of the procedure is to reduce the excessive activity of the sebaceous glands, the elimination of scars, a significant reduction in the number of acne and acne.
Normalization of lifestyle and nutrition
To normalize the stable production of a moderate amount of fat by the glands on the face, it is necessary:
- adhere to the principles of proper nutrition: avoid eating a large amount of sweet, fatty, floury, spicy and so on;
- comply with the drinking regime (drink at least 0,5 gallon of water per day);
- regularly arrange walks in the fresh air;
- lead a moderately active lifestyle;
- Stable to undergo a preventive examination by medical specialists;
- daily not only cleanse, but also nourish oily skin.
Care and cosmetics for oily skin is necessary not only to mask oily sheen,
but to normalize the sebaceous glands. Using this information, you can easily achieve the desired result.
Video: How to care for oily skin
6 rules for oily skin care: