To minimize the negative impact of adverse environmental conditions, heating appliances, air conditioners, low-quality food, stress, you should take care of your hair, following the recommendations of professionals at home.
- Basic Hair Care Requirements
- Features of hair care of different types
- Hair wash
- Balm Use and Rinse
- Rinses for different types of hair
- Why not wash your hair at night
- Hair Care Rules
- Base oils
- Essential oils
- Hair masks
- To strengthen hair and against hair loss
- For hair growth
- For dandruff
- For hair density
- For shine hair
- From split ends
- Video on the topic: Hair Care at home
Basic Hair Care Requirements
Hair care at home includes the following procedures:
- Washing – the procedure is carried out using shampoo.
- Recovery – balms, rinses, serums, conditioners, professional and home masks are used.
- Protection – when using heating tools for styling, a thermal protective agent is applied; when exposed to the sun for a long time, it is necessary to apply an agent with SPF protection.
Care products should normalize the process of sebum secretion, improve the nutrition of follicles, moisturize and restore the structure.
It is necessary to choose cosmetics according to the principle of naturalness, taking into account the type of hair, trying to give preference to products from one cosmetic line.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
Fashionable hair colors this year. Photos and trends of hairdressing.
Features of hair care of different types
Each type of hair requires special care.
Greasy hair. It is easy to distinguish this type of hair from others: they quickly become dirty. Even in the evening they will look untidy, and the next morning icicles will turn. Oily hair owners often suffer from oily seborrhea and alopecia.
To slightly improve the condition, you must follow the care recommendations:
- wash your head with warm, but not hot water – this will avoid increased secretion of sebum (for the same reason, head massage is avoided);
- choose shampoos containing extracts from seaweed, extracts of sage, nettle, zinc, vitamins A, C, K;
- use masks with yogurt, aloe juice, essential oils, clay.
Dry hair. They look dull. But the main problem is that they are easy to damage when combing, they are very confused, and the ends break off and split off. Care should include intensive nutrition and hydration. Do not wash dry hair often.
Shampoo is best chosen with nutrients, provitamin B5, lecithin. Basic cosmetic oils that serve as the basis for homemade masks perfectly help moisturize your hair.
Features of dry hair care:
- wash your head with softened water;
- try to avoid using a hair dryer or use blowing without heating the spiral;
- comb the strands with a wooden comb;
- Massage the scalp to stimulate blood circulation. This contributes to the nutrition of follicles.
Combined hair type. It is often observed in girls with long hair. Strands of greasy at the roots and brittle dry at the tips. Care should also be combined: nourishing and moisturizing agents should be rubbed into the tips to prevent cross-section, and masks should be applied to the skin in the hair growth zone to prevent increased fat content.
Trichologists advise washing hair with two different means: one for dry hair, and the other for oily.
First you need to use a nutrient, and then rinse the hair at the roots and skin with a greasy type product.
Curly hair. Care depends entirely on how greasy / dry the hair is. And since they are most often combined, care will be appropriate. It is recommended to dry curls without additional heating.
Thin hair. It is advisable to refuse the use of a hairdryer, and if you have to use it, it is imperative that you apply thermal protection. To make the hair look thicker, visually thickening agents should be used. To do this, make oil masks or dye your hair with colorless henna.
Dyed hair. They need intensive nutrition and hydration, they try to wash less often. For washing, use soft warm water. It is advisable to choose formulations that protect against UV rays, creating a protective film that prevents the washout of color. Beneficial effect on damaged strands of oil masks.
Hair care at home necessarily includes a cleansing procedure. In order for the strands to look beautiful, shiny, you must follow the following recommendations from professionals:
- You should not wash your hair more often than after a day if they do not get dirty too quickly. The main recommendation: wash when the hair is dirty.
- Beforehand, thoroughly untangle them by combing. Especially long strands need this procedure. They should be combed from the ends, gradually moving towards the roots.
- For washing, it is recommended to prepare water: defend it and boil. Better yet, use distilled. Such water is soft, it does not have bleach and metals that adversely affect the appearance of the hair. You can soften the liquid by adding a few drops of ammonia or 1 teaspoons. sodium bicarbonate per 1,3 gallon.
- For rinsing after shampoo, it is recommended to prepare a decoction or infusion of herbs in advance.
- The temperature of the water is chosen following the basic rule: the fatter the strands, the cooler the water should be.
The washing procedure is performed in the following order:
- The necessary amount of funds is poured into the palm of your hand, a little liquid is added, the composition is foamed in the palms of your hands and distributed into strands, starting from the front of the head. Gradually whip the foam on the back of the head.
- The procedure is carried out with fingertips so as not to injure the skin. If the hair is oily, then the movements should be softer.
- You can’t leave the product for a long time, it should be washed off immediately.
- Do this with running water. The procedure is carried out for several minutes to finally wash the shampoo.
Balm Use and Rinse
Caring for hair, after cleansing, it is necessary to apply a balm. The product used at home should match the type of shampoo used. It is not applied to the basal zone, but distributed, starting from the middle of the strands, rubbing into the ends. It is recommended to process slightly wrung out hair.
After washing off the balm, you need to slightly squeeze the hair and rinse them with prepared water or herbal decoction.
It is better to p
repare an acidified composition, for example water with lemon juice (juice of 0.5 lemon per 0,3 gallon of liquid). This will help make the hair more elastic and smooth. If vinegar is used (1-2 teaspoons. Per 0,3 gallon of liquid), then you need to consider – it makes the hair a little darker, so this way is not suitable for blondes who want to stay in their color.
Blondes are advised to rinse their hair with a decoction of chamomile, it will give the hair a warm shade. Red-haired women can use a decoction of onion peels, and dark-haired girls have strong black tea.
Rinses for different types of hair
Oily hair is rinsed with decoctions made from oak bark, mint, horsetail, nettle, burdock (take 2 tablespoons of raw material per 0,3 gallon of liquid). These recipes are suitable for girls with dark hair. Blondes need to prepare decoctions with hop kidneys, chamomile.
Dry hair is rinsed with decoctions of the roots of mallow, lime-colored (2 tablespoon of raw materials take 0,3 gallon of water). After rinsing, the hair cannot be twisted. They need to be wet with a towel. Do not rinse with hair.
The best way to dry your hair is to air dry naturally. It is worth if you do not constantly observe this principle, then at least strive for it.
Drying your hair with a hair dryer after each wash leads to brittleness and dryness of the tips. If it is not possible to do without this procedure, then it is necessary to choose a gentle mode and temperature. It is advisable to use a hairdryer, in which all parameters are adjusted separately. The device should be kept at a distance of 5’9 – 7’9 inch from the hair.
Combing wet hair after washing is not recommended. You need to do this when they are already dry and use a comb with large and rare teeth, so as not to injure your hair.
Why not wash your hair at night
It is better to get up early in the morning and wash your hair than to do this in the evening for several reasons:
- the thermoregulation of the scalp is disturbed, because of which the hair does not grow well;
- the sebaceous glands are activated, so the hair in the morning may look stale;
- the hairstyle loses its shape, or rather, the hairs are wrinkled, which must be corrected in the morning with the help of styling tools and tools.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
Fashionable bob haircut for medium hair. Photo, front and rear view.
Hair Care Rules
- In the summer, as well as relaxing in hot countries, you should protect your hair from the sun, using sunscreen sprays and wearing a hat.
- Coloring agents are chosen sparing, ammonia-free.
- For combing, it is recommended to use combs made of wood.
- The comb should be of high quality: burrs or cracks damage the hair, as they cling to them.
- You should often choose free hairstyles, tightly pulled hair lose nutrition. This can even lead to hair loss.
- Mousses, styling foams and other similar products should not be used often.
- Drying should be carried out as naturally as possible.
- Frequent combing, head massage leads to increased activity of the sebaceous glands. This must be taken into account.
- At minus temperatures, wearing a hat is mandatory.
- Once every 3 months. tips should be trimmed to prevent cross-section.
Hair care at home is complemented by the use of base oils:
- Burdock – strengthens, gives a nourishing effect, prevents the loss and appearance of dandruff, makes hair grow faster.
- Olive – is universal as it is suitable for all types of hair. It is used for loss caused by a lack of nutrients, as it contains a large amount of vitamins and antioxidants.
- Jojoba – makes hair soft, supple, perfectly moisturizes and nourishes hair.
- Sesame – suitable for hair care combined. It allows you to restore dry tips and remove excess fat in the root zone. In addition, the oil protects the hair from ultraviolet rays.
- Castor – it is used in dry hair care. It prevents the appearance of dandruff, improves the appearance, giving a glossy shine.
- Flaxseed – contains the necessary vitamins, including A and F. It is preferable to use it to care for dry hair.
- Coconut – helps to restore the damaged structure, makes the hair soft, supple, moisturizes the ends.
- Avocado – promotes accelerated hair growth, facilitates combing, makes hair elastic and silky.
- Shea – activates the recovery process, smoothes hair flakes, soothes inflammation, creates a protective film on the hair.
- Grape seed – recommended for oily hair type. It nourishes brittle ends, makes hair shiny and elastic.
At home, caring for hair, it is necessary to select esters based on the type of hair.
Oils for oily hair:
- lemon balm;
- tea tree;
Dry Hair Oils:
- ylang ylang.
Oils for normal hair:
Important! Essential oil must be added either to cosmetic oil, or combined with any products.
- From hair loss, peppermint oil, ylang-ylang, cypress, frankincense, cedar, coriander will help.
- To feed the brittle tips, an extract of sandalwood, rosewood, vetiver is suitable.
- From dandruff, it is recommended to use tea tree oil, rosemary, cypress, orange, eucalyptus, lemon.
When preparing homemade masks based on oils, you need to consider that the base oil can be solid, which means that it must first be melted in a water bath. Then, liquid base oil is added to it.
If honey is present in the recipe, then before adding this ingredient it is necessary to cool the mixture, since the useful substances of honey begin to break down already at 40 degrees. Essential oils are added last, to the cooled mixture, since the esters volatilize at high temperature. The egg yolk or protein is added to the mass at room temperature, as it may curl.
The longer the mask lasts, the better. You can hold for 2-3 hours, and some formulations are applied overnight (if they do not contain essential oils).
at home will be inferior if you abandon the masks. Compositions prepared at home should be stored in the refrigerator for 7 days, but it is best to cook a fresh mixture every time.
To strengthen hair and against hair loss
- Prepare a mask with calendula: 1 tablespoon. flowers take 1 tablespoon. peppermint, brew 0,3 gallon of boiling water. Having wrapped the container, leave it to infuse for 40 minutes, then filter. The broth is used before washing the hair: moisten the hair and leave for 30 minutes.
- You can moisten your hair with infusion of oak bark in the same way.
- A mixed composition of 50 g bark, 1 tablespoon strengthens hair. crushed leaves of celandine. The components are poured 0,3 gallon of water and simmered for 20 minutes, then left to infuse until the broth cools down. It is filtered before use. The exposure time of the mask is 30 minutes, after which it is washed off with shampoo.
- Separately, celandine is also used. Need 0.5 tablespoon. pour 0.5 tablespoon. boiling water, insist half an hour.
- From hair loss prepare a composition based on shea butter and grape seed. The first take 2 tablespoons, the second 1/2 tablespoons There also add 1 tablespoon. cognac and honey.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
Fashionable bob cut for short hair. Photo, front and rear view.
For hair growth
- Need to connect 2 tablespoon. mustard powder with 2 tablespoon vegetable oil (you can take burdock, which is effective for hair growth). 2 teaspoons are added there. sugar and 2 tablespoons heated water. The composition is applied to the root zone and then the hair is covered with a plastic cap to increase effectiveness. The exposure time of the mask may vary depending on the sensitivity of the skin. Optimum duration: from 15 minutes to an hour, but with high sensitivity it can be washed off earlier.
- The mask with red pepper has this effect. For cooking, you need 1 tablespoon. castor oil, tinctures of spice and balm. Like the previous mask, they try to apply it exclusively on the skin and cover it with a film. The exposure time is about an hour, but can be washed off earlier with a strong burning sensation.
- 1/2 tablespoon. kefir should be mixed with egg yolk and 1 teaspoons. cinnamon powder. The composition is applied to the basal zone and left for one hour.
- Juice made from fresh ginger root must be combined with some base oil (for 1 teaspoons juice – 3 tablespoon oil).
- From dry dandruff a mask with green clay will help. 2 tablespoon powder take a decoction of a suitable medicinal plant (chamomile for blondes or oak bark for brunettes), egg yolk and 1 tablespoon. apple cider vinegar. Herbal broth is added to the eye to get a consistency that is comfortable to apply. The exposure time of the mask on the hair is 30 minutes. After washing off the composition with shampoo, it is recommended to use a conditioning agent.
- From greasy dandruff, onions are rubbed on a fine grater. Take 1 tablespoon. juice, the same amount of castor oil, and 2 tablespoon. vodka. After mixing the components, apply the mixture to the hair and leave for 1 hour, and then rinse with shampoo. If the hair still smells like onions, then rinse them with water and lemon juice.
- A mask prepared on the basis of 2 tablespoon will also help. castor oil with lemon fresh (1/2 fruit) and 2 yolks. Oil and juice are added to beaten eggs.
- Need 1/2 tablespoon. Kefir soak a small piece of brown bread and add 1 tablespoon. olive oil. The mask can be left on the hair for 30-60 minutes.
- Use a mixture of oils of lavender, cypress and sandalwood – 2 cap. everyone. Essential oil is diluted in 4 tablespoon. sesame oil.
For hair density
- A mask is prepared on the basis of kefir with bread and henna. In 1 tablespoon. kefir bred 1 teaspoons henna powder and about 30 g crumb of rye bread. The crumb should completely soak. Then the composition is mixed and applied to the entire length of clean hair. The mask is left on the hair for 30 minutes under a warming cap, washed off with water, acidified with apple cider vinegar. This mask is suitable for dark-haired.
- For 5,07 fluid ounce of brandy or vodka take 1 tablespoon. liquid honey and sea salt. The composition must be infused for 2 weeks, then you can usd it into the scalp. The head is not pre-washed. To enhance the effectiveness of the mask, you need to wrap your head with a hot towel. After an hour, the mask is washed off with shampoo.
- You can usd warmed burdock oil into the scalp. It is enough to take 2 tablespoon. apply with massage movements, make a warming compress and wash off the composition with shampoo in an hour.
For shine hair
- Mix 2 tablespoon. base oils of jojoba and coconut, 1 teaspoons. cognac and lemon fresh. To the above ingredients add 4 cap. peppermint oil.
- Another version of the mask: lemon fresh from 1/2 fruit + 4 tablespoon. jojoba oil + 1 teaspoons cognac + yolk. At the end, add 3 drops of ylang-ylang ether.
From split ends
- Mix 1 tablespoon. burdock oil, liquid honey and juice squeezed from aloe leaves. Add 1 teaspoons to the mixture. cognac and yolk.
Hair care at home should include peels. They are necessary in order to remove excess secretion of the sebaceous glands, open the pores, rinse off the remnants of cosmetics, remove dandruff and avoid hair loss due to stimulation of the upper layer of the skin, which contributes to better nutrition, activation of blood circulation.
- You can make peeling with sea or ordinary coarse salt. When cooking, you just need to add a little water to the right amount of salt so that the salt turns into slurry. Then this composition is rubbed into the scalp, the root zone. Se
a salt contains many useful minerals, so that they are absorbed, you need to leave the composition on the hair for 5-10 minutes. Then the mass is washed off with shampoo. This composition is great for oily hair.
- For dry hair, you need to prepare a mixture with moisturizing and nourishing components, such as burdock oil. Such a recipe is suitable: add 1 tablespoon to ground coffee (2 tablespoon.) burdock oil and some water. The composition is rubbed into the root zone and 15 minutes after application, wash off with shampoo.
You can improve your hair by choosing the right diet. What exactly to include in the menu is determined depending on the condition of the hair, their type and the desired result.
- If the hair is dry, then you need to include in the diet products containing omega 3, 6, vitamin E. These products include fish oil (both as part of products and as part of medications). It is recommended to use walnuts and seeds.
- If the hair is oily, you need to reduce or eliminate the use of hot spices.
- Thin, weak hair will help strengthen iron-containing foods. These are meat products, buckwheat, red wine in moderation, green vegetables, apples.
- You can add shine to your hair by eating protein foods (meat, eggs, dairy products, legumes).
- To grow hair better, you must consume products containing biotin – nuts, fish, legumes, eggs.
- In case of hair loss, it is important to determine the cause, as this process can be caused by hormonal imbalance. In this case, it will not be possible to solve the problem only by correcting the diet. In general, a general improvement of the diet is recommended: the rejection of fried, salty, spicy, fast food.
To make your hair shine, elastic, and look healthy, you must follow the rules for caring for them. At home, purchased cleansing care products are available for this, as well as masks made from base and essential oils, available products. It is important to follow certain care principles and not abuse styling products.
Video on the topic: Hair Care at home
How to care for your hair: