A matte manicure that adorns short nails is always at the peak of popularity. The matte shade is universal – it looks great on nails, both at work and at home, at a celebration or club disco.
- Ways to apply a matte manicure
- Fashionable colors for matte manicure.
- Matte manicure for short nails
- French matte manicure
- Lunar manicure in matte finish
- Matte Manicure Gradi ent
- Matte Geometric Pattern
- Interesting option: matte manicure with sparkles
- Matte manicure using ribbons
- Drawings and patterns for matte manicure
- Matte Striped Manicure
- Decor matte manicure powder
- The combination of matte and glossy design
- Wedding matte design
- Video on how to make a matte manicure on short nails
Ways to apply a matte manicure
Manicure of this kind is not too difficult to do, just use one of the popular ways:
Using a matte top:
- degrease the nail plate;
- apply base;
- apply a color base, acting extremely carefully;
- on dried nails, put a matte top and allow it to dry well for an hour.
The use of friable shadows:
- about 24 hours before staining, add small matte shadows to any glossy varnish;
- after stirring, leave the vial until dissolved;
- use as directed.
If the manicure is done with gel polish, you can try this method:
- make a traditional gel polish;
- apply 2 layers of color tone;
- add 3 layers of glossy top;
- remove the gloss by treating the nail with a fine grain file.
Using matte dust:
- apply the base and dry it;
- add top;
- without waiting for drying with a brush, apply dust with a matte finish to the surface of the nail;
- remove excess and dry.
The use of ordinary matte varnish facilitates manicure, in conclusion it is necessary to apply a top in order to preserve the beauty longer.
The use of corn starch:
- apply a base on the nail plate;
- mix on the foil 5 drops of varnish with a pinch of starch;
- apply the mixture to the nail plate.
- put the basic composition, then colored varnish and fix everything with the top;
- until the last coating has dried, hold your fingers over the boiling pan (acting carefully so as not to burn yourself).
Fashionable colors for matte manicure.
Matte manicure for short nails can be emphasized with the latest color scheme.
Today, the peak of popularity is occupied by such shades:
- beige and cream;
- gray and green;
- pale lilac and pale blue;
- pinkish and lilac.
In addition to the emphasis on the color of the nail plate, it is customary to emphasize one or two fingers with the help of rhinestones, stamps and other accessories.
Out of competition, traditionally saturated matte colors have been and will be:
- Red and black;
- yellow and blue;
Matte manicure for short nails
On short nails, matte shades look especially advantageous, they add mystery and charm to the extent that shiny gloss cannot reach. Matte color draws a parallel with health and naturalness, it has many fans among women of various ages.
French matte manicure
The French style in manicure is a classic that firmly holds high positions, it looks especially elegant with matte shades.
To create a French manicure you need to do the following:
- Prepare the nail plate, carefully grind it and carefully remove the cuticle.
- Apply base and camouflage.
- Draw a smile line (at the edge of the nail). Drawing methods are described below.
- Apply a fixing layer.
The smile line can be drawn in the following ways:
- glossy varnish, and the main coating is matte (earlier white varnish was used for this stage, today contrasting colors, for example, red, are more common);
- you can apply the gradient technique or use a metal ribbon to decorate the smile line.
Lunar manicure in matte finish
In the lunar manicure, the emphasis is on the hole in the nail plate, which is emphasized with a varnish of contrasting or close in color to the main shade.
Such colors are perfectly combined with each other:
- red surface and snow-white hole;
- black with gold;
- dark blue and shimmering silver;
- pistachio and peach.
Lunar manicure with matte varnish, applied to short nails as follows:
- To shape the nails, polish the surface and remove the cuticle.
- Remove a layer of fat from the plate using a special tool.
- Apply a base coat.
- Coat the entire plate with the varnish that is selected for the hole.
- After drying, cover the area of the hole with a stencil and apply varnish to the remaining part of the nail. Remove the stencil before the coating dries.
- Paint over the entire surface of the nail with a fixative.
Matte Manicure Gradi
A gradient style manicure is a stretch of color from the base of the nail plate to its top, either from right to left, or diagonally. In addition to these options, they make a gradient transition of matte varnish from one finger to another.
All these methods look unusual and exquisite, if you follow the execution technique:
- choose several matte shades of the same color is better from 3 to 10;
- apply the base on the nail surface and allow it to dry;
- pour a few drops of varnish on a piece of polyethylene, apply it on the nail using a foam sponge, starting from the bottom of it;
- after drying this shade, do the same manipulations with other varnishes;
- when the whole palette dries, apply a fixative.
You can create a fashionable gradient in another way. It is enough to have 2 varnishes on hand: snow-white and beloved matte color.
The gradient is created like this:
On a piece of paper drip colored varnish and mix it with a white tint using a toothpick.
On prepared (filed, top-treated) nails, apply varnish in this way:
- the little finger is pure white;
- on the nameless – a mixture of white and color;
- for each next nail – a color in which there will be more white tint than in the previous one.
If the varnish is too light, you can darken it with the base color or black. Varnish needs to be applied with a sponge, and if you pre-moisten it with water, it will absorb a little less funds than dry. Finally, you need to cover the dried nail plates with a fixative.
Matte Geometric Pattern
Geometry as a decoration of nails is very diverse:
- lines – broken or straight;
- intersections of straight lines at different angles;
- ornaments of different cultures (for example, Greek);
- complex compositions.
It is best to perform such a manicure using gel polishes, so that the result, which was spent a lot of effort, was not saved for a couple of days, but for 2-3 weeks. Short nails should be decorated with minimal geometry so as not to overload them.
These design options look great:
- one figure on one of the fingers;
- if there are lines in the drawing, do not add other shapes (squares or circles);
- it is worth choosing asymmetry, so the nails will visually look somewhat longer;
- the best background for the figures will be the skin tone of the matte varnish;
- metallic shade lines look great.
To draw geometric shapes, you need to make a traditional manicure with the application of the base and background color on the plate. Drawings are applied with a thin brush, after drying, you need to fix the result with a special tool.
Interesting option: matte manicure with sparkles
This version of manicure for short nails is used for celebrations or evening outings, matte shades will add depth and richness to any color, and sparkles will provide shine.
You can do it like this:
- give shape to the nail plates;
- degrease the surface;
- apply base;
- to cover nails with varnish of the main tone;
- without waiting for the varnish to dry, apply light friable sparkles on top (gently brush off the excess with a brush, trying not to damage the coating);
- put a fixative on top.
Matte manicure using ribbons
Manicure tapes are specially created to create unique drawings and shapes.
Their use is not difficult, the main thing is to follow these principles:
- it is better to purchase a set of tapes of different thicknesses;
- tapes need to be glued only on a completely dried coating, so as not to spoil it;
- the strip should not be glued close to the cuticle or the edges of the plate;
- after gluing the tapes, a transparent base is necessarily applied to consolidate the result and align the coating.
You can decorate a matte manicure with ribbons as follows:
- Make a manicure in the usual way.
- To apply a basis, then a color varnish.
- After cutting off part of the tape of the desired size, stick it on a dried nail in accordance with the selected decor.
- Remove excess, fix the picture with 2 layers of top.
It looks very original matte manicure in white and black, separated by silver stripes. Separately, they can be emphasized with the help of rhinestones.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
How to build gel nails with varnish. Nail extension instruction for beginners. Photo.
Drawings and patterns for matte manicure
Matte manicure looks great, but you can give it a twist with the help of interesting ornaments.
For nails of small length, you can choose these options:
- any types of service jacket (especially in the form of a combination of glossy and matte coatings);
- waves, lines, zigzags and figures made in colors of contrasting shades (for greater clarity, special stencils can be used);
- the use of stamping allows you to decorate the nail plate with interesting ornaments, without much labor;
- voluminous patterns look good in the form of knitted stripes, especially relevant for winter.
Matte Striped Manicure
Short nails look great if you make them manicure in matte colors, decorated with stripes.
For this purpose, a special adhesive tape is used, you need to use it like this:
- Apply base on nails and let it dry well.
- Stick strips on the plate, creating a pattern or acting randomly.
- Coat the entire surface with another varnish, remove the strips until it dries.
- You can not remove strips if they are a decorative element of manicure.
- In conclusion, you need to cover the entire plate with varnish without color.
Decor matte manicure powder
To create the effect of velvetiness on the nails, a special powder is applied to them, which is very crumbly and resembles sparkles in consistency. Such a coating is very resistant, adheres well and does not suffer in contact with water.
To apply powder on a matte varnish, you need:
- prepare and degrease nails;
- apply 2 layers of varnish on them;
- not allowing the coating to dry sprinkle it with powder;
- the excess can be removed after 15 minutes with sweeping brush movements;
- To consolidate the result, shellac can be applied on top, but the texture of the nails will be slightly different.
The combination of matte and glossy design
This option of manicure looks very advantageous, it is interesting in a combination of shine and a matte shade.
Make it easy:
- Paint your nails with black varnish and completely dry, you can use a fixing agent.
- Glue strips for manicure diagonally using tweezers. In the middle, rhombs of the correct form should be obtained.
- Apply matte varnish on top of the stickers.
- Remove the strips.
- Apply a finishing top.
The combination of glossy and matte shades always looks very original, so you can decorate only one fingernail, focusing on it.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
How to draw monograms on nails step by step for beginners. Instructions with photos.
Wedding matte design
Wedding manicure differs from everyday or holiday, more delicate shades. It should look as soft and fresh as possible, emphasizing the charm of the bride. A smart solution would be to do it in matte colors.
It is important to follow these rules:
- colors: beige, pinkish;
- jewelry: small rhinestones on one or several nails (preferably less so as not to get a lurid effect);
- style: the jacket looks great, including its reverse version;
- effects: the ombre style will help give extra length to even very short nails and emphasize their beauty.
As a decoration for the nails of the bride, variations on the theme of voluminous manicure are perfect. In this case, all the patterns are applied not in one but in several layers, which allows to achieve the desired effect.
Simple-looking rhombuses look good:
- apply a base coat to the surface;
- after drying, you need to put the color and dry it;
- using manicure strips to create a pattern in the form of rhombuses on the coating;
- apply a varnish coating in place of rhombs in several layers;
- remove the strips until the product dries;
- decorate corners with rhinestones;
- apply fixative.
Any kind of manicure, including one made by matte varnish, created on short nails, will look beautiful, provided that it is carefully executed. This can be achieved not only in the salon, but also at home. It is enough to have professional tools and quality tools on hand.
Video on how to make a matte manicure on short nails
Design on short nails, matte effect:
Matte manicure. Stamping: