The image of the Greek goddess, sitting on Olympus, has always been considered the standard in terms of beauty. Their hairstyles, long hair with beautiful curls and chiseled figures are an example to follow. A variant of the reflection of Greek beauty is a hairstyle using a bandage.
- Who suits the hairstyle
- Elastic bandage
- Features for styling long hair – tips
- Do-it-yourself Greek hairstyle in 5 minutes
- Features hairstyles with bangs and without
- A difficult option with fleece step by step with a photo
- With her hair
- Festive greek bunch
- What other accessories to use
- Greek hairstyle video
Who suits the hairstyle
Greek hairstyle for long hair with a bandage is a classic. It is considered universal, and is suitable for any type of person. Perfect for curly hair of any length, but it will look more chic on long ones.
The purpose of this jewelry is not only to make the image similar to the antique goddesses, but also to fix the hair. For long hair, an elastic bandage is perfect, given its ability to firmly fix and maintain the integrity of the hairstyle.
But there are some nuances to consider when choosing a dressing:
- It is important that she sit well and be sized.
- If this is a fabric option, then it should be natural materials.
- For long hair, a wide bandage is suitable.
- The bandage should harmoniously fit into the color scheme of the whole image.
- As a decorative part of the bandage, artificial hair can be used. Choosing such a bandage, you should select the tone of the strands to the color of your own hair as accurately as possible, otherwise the hairstyle will look unprofessional.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
Fashionable hair colors this year. Photos and trends of hairdressing.
A bandage-tape will be one of the best options for owners of long hair. It is decorated with rhinestones in whole or in part. To fasten the tail or beam in the Greek style, the tape will be one of the most affordable options.
Such an accessory can be done on your own without spending a lot of money:
- You can use a regular tape or strip of natural fabric.
- First you need to measure your head circumference.
- Then the tape is twisted with a plait.
- Next, the resulting tourniquet is folded in half and released.
- The result is a weave consisting of both parts of the tape.
- Then the ends of the tape should be tied in knots.
As an option, braids from several ribbons will also look original.
Features for styling long hair – tips
A Greek hairstyle can be successfully performed by non-professionals, but for this it is necessary to understand how it will be performed in stages. It is especially difficult to create on long hair, since one bandage will not be able to hold the entire structure.
Professionals in the field of hairdressing give some advice to owners of long hair:
- In such a hairstyle, it is worth using additional fixation methods: hairpins and varnish.
- It is worth paying attention to the strength of the studs and the strength of fixation of the varnish, they should be maximum.
- When styling, you need to take into account the shape of the face: for oblong forms of the face, lush styling is advantageous, and for round or triangular – vice versa.
- Avoid the use of fixative products that can make your hair heavier or more sticky.
- Each strand needs to be sprayed with varnish, and to give chic some of the strands can be braided.
- If the hair is straight, it should be wound using a curling iron.
- Parting should always be straight.
- On clean hair, the hairstyle will not maintain integrity, so do not wash your hair before styling.
- If the bandage does not hold well on the head, it can be fixed with invisibility.
- It is necessary to take a responsible approach to the choice of accessories: the bandage and pins should be in harmony.
Do-it-yourself Greek hairstyle in 5 minutes
In order not to suffer with styling long hair, experts offer a simpler way.
Just armed with hairpins, elastic bands matching the hair and varnish (necessary for strong fixation) you can create a light and laid-back image of the Greek goddess. The main element of the composition will be a classic dressing. Carefully combed hair is separated by a single parting.
The bandage is put on and, starting from the extreme strands, the hair is twisted through the bandage. It is good to collect and twist curls so that the hairstyle is durable. The ends of the strands need to be well hidden inside and slightly stretched out the hair on the back of the head for a larger volume. You can complement this hairstyle with hanging earrings.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
Fashionable bob haircut for medium hair. Photo, front and rear view.
Features hairstyles with bangs and without
Despite the fact that the Greek style is characterized by an open forehead, you can dream up on the theme of hairstyles with bangs. For styling bangs, it is better to use foam or mousse, applying it on the ends of the hair before curling. Having received the necessary curls, you need to lay it on one side.
But if the bangs are quite long, or the front side hair cannot be laid under the bandage, you need to use a curling iron and gently fix the hair on the side. They can also be aligned and left on the side. Everything should look a bit sloppy. At the same time, you need to take into account the features of the face: bangs will help to hide too high a forehead.
But still the most traditional version of hairstyles is an open forehead.
A difficult option with fleece step by step with a photo
The Greek hairstyle with a pile looks more impressive. It will be harder to do it on long hair. Instead of a bandage, you can use other accessories: hoops, ribbons, elastic bands, etc.
You should consider this option
step by step:
- Styling foam is applied to clean hair. She will make them more obedient.
- Straight hair needs to be wound using curlers or a large diameter curling iron.
- The hair on the crown of the head is combed at the root and fixed with varnish. This will give the hairstyle the necessary volume, which increases by 2 times.
- Combed hair is well smoothed from above to remove all irregularities.
- Uncombed hair remains below between the ears, a width of up to 2’8 inch.
- One strand of hair is lifted and fixed by an invisible.
- A bandage is put on.
- Several strands at the temple are twisted into a bundle and passed under a bandage and released.
- Two more strands are added to them side by side, and the same process takes place.
- Thus, the entire hair is wrapped around a bandage.
- The tips need to be well hidden and secured with invisibility.
- If there is a bang, it must be wound and laid to one side, or straightened.
- The created hairstyle is well fixed with varnish, while the spray can be kept far from the head.
- To emphasize the shape of the face, it is necessary to extend a thin strand above the ears.
- The hairstyle is ready.
The image is perfectly complemented by flowers and discreet natural make-up.
With her hair
Greek women are naturally gifted with wavy hair, so if you create a hairstyle in the Greek style with loose hair, you need to consider this point. An element of loose hair can be present in any version of such hairstyles.
So, in the case of a bandage, the hair can be wrapped around it once and left loose. To avoid inaccuracy in the hairstyle, you should fix it a little. Extreme curls need to be secured with invisibility or use one of the curls for fixation.
Festive greek bunch
All hairstyles in the Greek style are very elegant, but it is the buns that will be the most successful option for the celebration. The most famous option is a getter hairstyle.
This is a bundle attached to the back of the head that is wrapped in cloth or simply covered by it. To create this kind of hairstyle, you will need one important detail, which is considered the highlight of the hairstyle – a light fabric called stefan. It is decorated with flowers or rhinestones.
Such an image can be recreated by following these recommendations:
- All strands are wound on a curling iron with a small diameter.
- Next, you need to collect the curls in a bundle on the back of the head, loosening it a little, creating in this way the very ease of styling.
- Using hairpins and invisibility, the decoration is attached – stefan.
- All must be lightly sprinkled with varnish.
- Extend a pair of thin strands on the side to emphasize the shape of the face.
The bandage can perfectly complement the hairstyle in a romantic style. Such a hairstyle will also suit any celebration, it will look especially feminine to complete the wedding image.
Another, no less popular, way to create hairstyles in the Greek style is a shell. It is collected in a bunch, and it has such a name because of its shape. Of the accessories, bandages, ribbons decorated with stones and rhinestones, rims, elastic bands or simply braided braids are great.
This miracle can easily be repeated independently, following the recommendations:
- For starters, hair is traditionally curled. But if you plan a large volume, you need to wind all the hair. And if partially, then they make curls only from below or even leave straight hair.
- Fleece is being made. First, the hair is divided horizontally, from temple to temple. Fleece is performed only to the crown.
- Collection of curls. With the help of hairpins, hair is fixed to one side. All curls are stacked a little randomly and carelessly, sprayed with varnish.
- Accessory. Further, depending on the chosen decoration, the collection of hairstyles is completed. Bandages, ribbons or triple hoops pull the beam, giving the desired shape to the whole hairstyle.
- Everything is fixed a little with varnish.
In this option, experts advise not to overdo it with decorations. The image should be elegant and feminine.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
Fashionable bob cut for short hair. Photo, front and rear view.
The Greek tail is suitable for lush and thick hair, especially in combination with luxurious curls. In this style, you can create a romantic image. Carelessly collected wavy curls will be the highlight for any look. This hairstyle is comfortable and convenient, because the hair collected in the tail will not interfere.
Another advantage of this option is ease of execution: you need to make a small pile at the roots and fasten a slightly sloppy tail. It can be supplemented with a scythe in the “French” style. Ideal with pastel colors in makeup and clothing.
To create a tail in the Greek style, you should follow several steps:
- For this hairstyle, you need to create curls in the lower third of the hair.
- Next is a pile.
- If there is a bang, it can be wound or left straight, and laid on both sides.
- A bandage is put on, and the extreme curls are twisted once.
- The remaining hair with the help of these curls is collected in a tail.
- Everything is fixed by invisibility, and that part of the hair, which is combed, slightly rises.
- The entire hairstyle should be slightly sprinkled with varnish.
Another variation of the Greek hairstyle is the braid in the Greek style. Suitable for any hair, but looks better on long and thick hair. Such a braid can be executed in different ways: in the form of a rim from temple to temple, instead of a bandage, on one side of the head or spikelet.
The necessary effect of lightness to the braid will be given by air locks, a little released to the outside. For decoration, various accessories or fresh flowers are suitable.
To make a hairstyle in the Greek style with weaving elements you need:
- It is good to comb the hair, dividing them in half with even parting.
- Next, they should be divided into 5 equal parts. It is better to first separate one smaller at the back and two large on the sides.
- From a small strand to braid a braid. Then, dividing in half each of their large strands, also braid.
- A bandage is put on, and the braids are intertwined through it in this order: first one on each side, then the second in order.
- The tips are hidden inside and secured by invisibility.
- The part of the hair above the bandage needs to be pulled a little back to create volume.
- The hairstyle is quite stable and does not require strong fixation.
What other accessories to use
In Greek hairstyles with a bandage created on long hair, ribbons and elastic bands of different widths and from different materials are used: from leather to textile.
Greek bunches adorn the rims. They are often triple and bind the whole head. As an alternative, thin ribbons with rhinestones or stones are used. Scallops decorated with flowers or leaves are great for Greek bunches.
Various invisible or nautical hair clips for fastening long hair are also welcome. Small tiaras mounted on the head will bring hair style with a bandage to the style of the Greek goddess.
A Greek hairstyle with a bandage is what will help any woman feel like an ancient goddess. This hairstyle is chic and romantic at the same time, and the simplicity of execution makes it very popular.
Greek hairstyle video
How to make a hairstyle in the Greek style:
101 greek hairstyle with ribbon: